Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

+14
Rduce
gadhero
BHoward
Belltown213
webhead2006
pax666
Comicbookfan-V2
TomWelling4Superman
lib
Apologist Puncher
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
non_amos
superman1938
18 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 4 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm

welcome to the board man, hope you enjoy being here.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 4 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 pm

gadhero wrote:Hi I'm new here. It's great to post in a place where no-one's branded homophobic for not liking Routh and Singer.

I'm in two minds about Henry Cavill. I'm happy that he will be acting instead of trying impersonate Christopher Reeve, but I'm worried about his physical presence. Superman needs to have a commanding presence even if depowered or dead. Reeve had that, but I'm not sure about Cavill. Routh definetly didn't have that even one bit.
Welcome aboard, dude. Glad to have you.

And remember, "homophobic" is what people say when you discuss issues they're trying to suppress. This board? We're all about intellectual honesty. You'll be in good company here.

As for Cavill, I'm warming up to the idea. It seems he's capable of bulking up and Snyder apparently has a preference for a more rugged type (as opposed to the metrosexual special Singer served up). Although I'm far from convinced about anything else, I'm not too worried about these issues.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Ya just look at how snyder got folks in shape with 300, and we know cavill is working out at the same place those guys went. So he should endn up in good shape for supes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm

The first REAL photo of Cavill in the suit will be the "litmus test" for me. I'm cautiously optimistic right now, but that can change in a heartbeat.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:38 pm

I know i cant wait to see how he looks in the first released photo of him in superman suit. God i hope they choose a very good first release still. I still to this day heck on top of how crappy SR film was and the suit the first release still they did for that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  gadhero Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks all.

I remember that around SR came out I first read Kingdom Come which was also about Superman returning. I remember being so dissapointed that SR sucked so bad. If only warner bros would have based SR on even a bit of KC then it would have been much better. On top of that they should have had another director.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 am

webhead2006 wrote:Ya just look at how snyder got folks in shape with 300, and we know cavill is working out at the same place those guys went. So he should endn up in good shape for supes.

Why bother, Cavill is already ripped as it is infact this is the first time they got someone who is already pumped before actually getting the role! If they bulk him up even more he'll be looking like Lou Ferrigno within a month!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Ya he did get into good shape for that immortals film. But he could get even bigger with all the time he has. And with what that gym does for workouts. He should look great.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Why bother, Cavill is already ripped as it is infact this is the first time they got someone who is already pumped before actually getting the role! If they bulk him up even more he'll be looking like Lou Ferrigno within a month!

Cavill is "ripped"? Are you sure about that?
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 4 Immortals-Henry-Cavill-as-Theseus

That is NOT "ripped". He has some lean muscle and tone. That's it. 4 months of working out at Gym Jones still won't put him even CLOSE to a Ferrigno, let alone an amateur bodybuilder.

He should look close to this for the film, not skinny like he is in that 'Immortals' picture:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 4 300
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:14 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Cavill is "ripped"? Are you sure about that?

That is NOT "ripped". He has some lean muscle and tone. That's it. 4 months of working out at Gym Jones still won't put him even CLOSE to a Ferrigno, let alone an amateur bodybuilder.

I take it you haven't seen this one, maybe this might change your prospective!

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 4 Henry-10
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:42 am

At a minimum, Cavill looks cut (which is a great starting point... but it must be a starting point). If nothing else, he's being directed by a guy who understands that action heroes need to look like action heroes. Cavill's size is probably the one aspect of this movie I'm not losing sleep over.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:22 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Cavill is "ripped"? Are you sure about that?

I take it you haven't seen this one, maybe this might change your prospective!

wow.... it looks like he's got a beer gut in that second pic.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I take it you haven't seen this one, maybe this might change your prospective!

Nope, still not "ripped".

Here's a RIPPED 63 year old Sylvester Stallone, and even HE isn't big enough to play Superman:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 4 Sylvester-stallone-ripped
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Well the pic may not show that he's ripped but aleast it shows that he's built! So which is more important?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well the pic may not show that he's ripped but aleast it shows that he's built! So which is more important?

What's important is him looking RIGHT for the role. That skinny picture ISN'T good enough, and neither is the doughy one.

Have you ever lifted weights in your life? Ever?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:41 pm

I don't lift weights myself. But I do have a few friends that do. But I remember when I was going to the shh supes board. There was a member there talking about body building and body types. Where as certain types are not able to gain/loose weight, and about body shapes effecting if someone can build onto muslces and get bigger frame's and muscle mass. So question I wonder is what type is cavill?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:47 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I don't lift weights myself. But I do have a few friends that do. But I remember when I was going to the shh supes board. There was a member there talking about body building and body types. Where as certain types are not able to gain/loose weight, and about body shapes effecting if someone can build onto muslces and get bigger frame's and muscle mass. So question I wonder is what type is cavill?

I do lift weights, and have for years. So I know a little more about the subject than a certain person on this board who thinks he is "smarter" than I am.

Cavill appears to be a mesomorph, based on that doughy picture. Here's the description of a mesomorph body type:

A mesomorph has a large bone structure, large muscles and a naturally athletic physique. Mesomorphs are the best body type for bodybuilding. They find it quite easy to gain and lose weight. They are naturally strong which is the perfect platform for building muscle.

Typical traits on a Mesomorph:

Athletic
Hard body with well defined muscles
Rectangular shaped body
Strong
Gains muscle easily
Gains fat more easily than ectomorphs

The mesomorph body type responds the best to weight training. Gains are usually seen very quickly, especially for beginners. The downside to mesomorphs is they gain fat more easily than ectomorphs. This means they must watch their calorie intake. Usually a combination of weight training and cardio works best for mesomorphs.

Cavill needs to make sure he is consuming enough protein while he works out, about 1lb per lb of body weight. He should be lifting heavy weight for low reps to build strength and muscle mass.

ANYONE who looks at either of those pictures, and thinks he is in the right shape for Superman, needs to shut their mouth around here.

Some of us know what we are talking about.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks ap ya as I said I don't know all the bodybuilding stuff. But thanks for informing me on what I was asking. I can't wait to see the shape he gets in. Hopefully his training at that gymm/on his own is going good so far.

Ap what are the other body types? I was just wondering?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:04 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Thanks ap ya as I said I don't know all the bodybuilding stuff. But thanks for informing me on what I was asking. I can't wait to see the shape he gets in. Hopefully his training at that gymm/on his own is going good so far.

Ap what are the other body types? I was just wondering?

There are three potential body types. Mesomorph was listed above.

Ectomorph:

An ectomorph is a typical skinny guy. Ecto’s have a light build with small joints and lean muscle. Usually ectomorph’s have long thin limbs with stringy muscles. Shoulders tend to be thin with little width.

Typical traits of an ectomorph:

Small “delicate” frame and bone structure
Classic “hardgainer”
Flat chest
Small shoulders
Thin
Lean muscle mass
Finds it hard to gain weight
Fast metabolism

Ectomorphs find it very hard to gain weight. They have a fast metabolism which burns up calories very quickly. Ecto’s need a huge amount of calories in order to gain weight. Workouts should be short and intense focusing on big muscle groups. Supplements are definitely recommended. Ectomorphs should eat before bed to prevent muscle catabolism during the night. Generally, ectomorphs can lose fat very easily which makes cutting back to lean muscle easy for them.

Endomorph:

The endomorph body type is solid and generally soft. Endomorphs gain fat very easily. Endo’s are usually of a shorter build with thick arms and legs. Muscles are strong, especially the upper legs. Endomorphs find they are naturally strong in leg exercises like the squat.

Typical traits of an Endomorph:

Soft and round body
Gains muscle and fat very easily
Is generally short and “stocky”
Round physique
Finds it hard to lose fat
Slow metabolism

When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights. Usually supplements may not be needed as long as the person has a high protein intake in their diet.

Now, not everyone fits specifically into each category. Some mesomorphs can have endomorphic traits, and ectomorphs can have some mesomorphic traits. It just depends on your body.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks a bunch ap for the info.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:ANYONE who looks at either of those pictures, and thinks he is in the right shape for Superman, needs to shut their mouth around here.

So far nobody saying that his is (Not that I know of), I for one only said that he was built but didn't say that he was in the right shape! Aleast not yet he isn't!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:49 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:So far nobody saying that his is (Not that I know of), I for one only said that he was built but didn't say that he was in the right shape! Aleast not yet he isn't!

Really, smartass? You didn't say this, in response to webhead saying he can't wait to see what he looks like after working out with Gym Jones?:

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Why bother, Cavill is already ripped as it is infact this is the first time they got someone who is already pumped before actually getting the role! If they bulk him up even more he'll be looking like Lou Ferrigno within a month!

Yeah, you fucking DID.

Don't come in here acting like YOUR opinion is the ONLY opinion. You ain't always right. Shit, you are hardly ever right. Don't question what I do around here, and don't think you can "outwit" ME, son. I'll smash you so hard and fast your head will spin.

We are a pretty laid-back bunch here, but we don't take kindly to people being assholes for no reason. We like people to post with their BRAINS, not with their "opinions". If you want to go to sites where you HAVE to preface EVERYTHING with some dumb shit like "IMO", or risk being "banned", than go post THERE. People disagree here, get into heated debates or even full-blown arguments. It happens, and we're cool with it. But watch your tone, especially when you're not right.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:49 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Don't come in here acting like YOUR opinion is the ONLY opinion. You ain't always right. Shit, you are hardly ever right. Don't question what I do around here, and don't think you can "outwit" ME, son. I'll smash you so hard and fast your head will spin.

We are a pretty laid-back bunch here, but we don't take kindly to people being assholes for no reason. We like people to post with their BRAINS, not with their "opinions". If you want to go to sites where you HAVE to preface EVERYTHING with some dumb shit like "IMO", or risk being "banned", than go post THERE. People disagree here, get into heated debates or even full-blown arguments. It happens, and we're cool with it. But watch your tone, especially when you're not right.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Ugh!!! Alright look this is getting out of hand here I mean seriously I thought this was suppose to be a FORUM, you know where people are SUPPOSE to express their thoughts, suggestions, theories, complaints AND yes even opinions? As in freedom of speech? I'll be on a limb here, yes I'll admit I'm not always right "Granted" despite trying to be so! But then again nobody else here is but I can also say neither are you administrator or not! Infact I can aleast name one thing you where wrong about and that was when you actually thought that Henry Cavill wasn't going to get the roll infact here is what you said...

Apologist Puncher wrote:Cavill isn't going to play Superman.

Let it go..

Or how about this one...

Apologist Puncher wrote:He's too short for my tastes.

And don't go by the "official" listing of somewhere around 6'1. The guy is 5'10..

While I as well as others especially Webhead2006 were hoping that either him, Joe Manganiello or someone else was going to get the part and guess what? Surprise, surprise Henry Cavill got the part!!!

And to permentantly set the record straight once and for all I only THOUGHT Cavill was ripped judging by the first pic aleast Webhead2006 thought so infact he was the first to actually say so. Then I only THOUGHT Cavill was more built than he was shown in the first pic judging by the second one! But what I didn't say nor did I confirmed that he was currently in the right shape, not yet he isn't anyways! That was it!!!

And another thing... Must we even make arguments out of the most insignificant of topics? First the debate on whether Supes wears Trunks or not and now this... The debate on what physical condition Henry Cavill currently is or what is should be? Seriously really??? No doubt I have my own thoughts, theories & opinions since I don't think the same way as others and I hope nobody expects me to thats the reason why their called opinions and everybody is intitled to them especially on forums! But I'm also not trying to make my opinions matter here my opinions are my opinions only regardless of what others say or think otherwise it makes no difference to me! Also I recommend to spear your threats cause I don't take kindly to them and I have no hesitation to throw down if necessary! But lets hope it doesn't come to it!

One more thing... You said eveyone in this site is laid-back here, well I like to see you show it cause right now I'm not seeing it!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:30 pm

You just don't know when to quit, do you asshole?

Don't come in here talking like an illiterate smartass, then start throwing around "Freedom of Speech" when you are taken to task for it. You AREN'T allowed to "talk down" to people here because you THINK you can. If I was a whiney little bitch like you, I would go back and quote the NUMEROUS times you have done this and pissed not only myself off, but others too.

You have been LUCKY so far. Ask the other members here about what I'm REALLY capable of.

Then ask yourself if you want to go there with me.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:42 am

At this point your the only one that I'm talking down to as up late but that just only out of self defense! But I guess I shouldn't waste my time arguing with someone who's obviously so agrumental that he's willing to argue over the most pity of reasons which I for one shouldn't be wasting my breath over infact this is the last place I would expect to get any heat from someone even from an administrator no less! You can say want you want to say about me, think want you want to think about me it makes no difference to me and it is your right as an individual to do so since you know... We're all intitle to our own opinions (I myself included) but I would appreciated if you just keep it to yourself like everyone else for a change if thats okay with you?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next