Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are We Going To See Henry Cavill As Superman Anytime Soon?

5 posters

Go down

Are We Going To See Henry Cavill As Superman Anytime Soon? Empty Are We Going To See Henry Cavill As Superman Anytime Soon?

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:47 pm

http://supermanfilmwatchdogs.blogspot.com/2011/07/are-we-going-to-see-henry-cavill-as.html
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Are We Going To See Henry Cavill As Superman Anytime Soon? Empty Re: Are We Going To See Henry Cavill As Superman Anytime Soon?

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:24 am

I too hope we will see cavill soon. Like u said for all we know we could get something this coming week fromew or some other wb owned mag or just studio released still and all that. Or if filming doesn't doesn't begin to mid augst that gives us an additional 2 or 3 weeks for something to break.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Are We Going To See Henry Cavill As Superman Anytime Soon? Empty Re: Are We Going To See Henry Cavill As Superman Anytime Soon?

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:26 am

Assuming they started off with The Suit, a Comic-Con debut is my best guess at this point.

But then... well, I've heard a conspiracy theory or two that the redesigned costume coming in September is basically what we'll see in the Snyder. Or that was the original plan. But then fandom's reaction to the redesign came through and so Snyder and co are scrambling to either "fix" the redesign or else come up with a workable version of The Suit (the traditional one), thus the delay. Not sure if I buy that but there you go.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:51 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Assuming they started off with The Suit, a Comic-Con debut is my best guess at this point.

But then... well, I've heard a conspiracy theory or two that the redesigned costume coming in September is basically what we'll see in the Snyder. Or that was the original plan. But then fandom's reaction to the redesign came through and so Snyder and co are scrambling to either "fix" the redesign or else come up with a workable version of The Suit (the traditional one), thus the delay. Not sure if I buy that but there you go.

Meh, idle speculation is all. But if true, it's Singerman all over again.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:03 am

I hope snyder went classicc look. Still like I said a few times I don't see the harm it would be to have classic suit. For film. Like how cartoons/dtv will sport the classic look still.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:59 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:http://supermanfilmwatchdogs.blogspot.com/2011/07/are-we-going-to-see-henry-cavill-as.html

Thanks, good read.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 am

I tend to believe that we will see Henry Cavill as Superman soon:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/henry-cavill-talks-man-of-steel-and-james-bond

Henry Cavill talks Man Of Steel and James Bond

Exclusive: “I’m very proud to be British and playing an iconic American superhero”

By Total Film | Aug 3rd 2011

Total Film has spoken exclusively to Henry Cavill about his role as Superman in Zack Snyder’s Man Of Steel.

The in-demand Brit was keen to talk up the super-diet he’s consuming in his efforts to get the body of Krypton’s favourite son:

“I’m on 5000 calories a day… You’ve got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs…you’ve gotta keep your hunger levels going. I’m training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman.”

Well, you’ve gotta be pretty buff before you can don an iconic superhero suit, right? On wearing his new threads, Cavill told us: “It’s extremely cool. There’s no other feeling like it.

“They just put it on, I turned around and look in the mirror and you can’t really play it cool – you sort of guffaw and laugh. I thought ‘OK, holy hell, this is real, it’s not a joke anymore. This is it…you’re doing it, you’re right in the middle of it.’”

While he couldn’t divulge any plot details (“not if I want to keep my job anyway!”), he confirmed that he’s focusing on “being as true as I can be to the original character and who the character is.”

Cavill also admitted that he’s chuffed to be another UK actor portraying an American superhero: “I’m very proud to be British and playing an iconic American superhero…it means I’m doing something right somewhere.”

He came close to landing the role of James Bond before Daniel Craig was cast; would he like another chance to slip into 007’s tux?

“That would be absolutely amazing. If they approached me on that I’d leap at the opportunity to do it. But that’s of course well away for the time being…”

Man Of Steel is set to open in Summer 2013.

For more from Henry Cavill, get the new issue of Total Film Magazine, which hits newsstands on Thursday 4 August 2011.

The issue includes four FREE posters for The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows. (Scroll down to preview the posters).

Read more: Henry Cavill talks Man Of Steel and James Bond | TotalFilm.com

Originally found at SHH:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168107-henry-cavill-on-the-man-of-steel-suit

I tend to think that Snyder will avoid like the plague that crap that DC is about to unleash! But hopefully we get an official pic soon before duh Internets exposes it prematurely.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:35 am

posted that story the other day in the cavill thread, and ya we are bound to get filming in the suit soon i would hope. But hopefully before any suit filming happens we get official still released first. So our first look isnt some crappy fan scooper photo.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down