Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Well aleast it's bigger and had the right colors, could be worst! They could have gave it the right colors but kept it the same size or enlarge it to ridiculous proportions that cover most of his front body like Alex Ross did with his pics!
avatar
Comicbookfan-V2
Reputation: Asshole

Posts : 586
Points : 482
User Reputation : -249
Join date : 2010-10-15
Age : 36
Location : Texas but originally New York

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well aleast it's bigger and had the right colors, could be worst! They could have gave it the right colors but kept it the same size or enlarge it to ridiculous proportions that cover most of his front body like Alex Ross did with his pics!

If you are trying to "knock" Alex Ross' Superman, you are barking up the wrong tree.

The raised Singerman shield is S-T-U-P-I-D. Period.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well aleast it's bigger and had the right colors, could be worst! They could have gave it the right colors but kept it the same size or enlarge it to ridiculous proportions that cover most of his front body like Alex Ross did with his pics!
I read somewhere before Singerman came out that the reason the S emblem is so small on the Singerman bikini is because making it any bigger would've restricted Blandon's movements. So the costume designer chick made it about as big as she could get away under those constraints.

That is one of the better arguments for using a silk-screened S-emblem as that won't limit Cavill's movements but it can still be large and prominent.

As for Alex Ross, I have many criticisms of him as an artist but the size of the S-emblem on his Superman's chest isn't one of them.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 am




Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 am

There you go.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Father Finian on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:50 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I don't understand why they would use that stupid raised shield in that manip. It was a dumb idea in 2006. It's STILL a dumb idea in 2011.

Other than that, it's pretty good.

Yeah, I like it too, except for the Singerman shield.

I'll be staggered if we see that again.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Posts : 430
Points : 434
User Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 am

i too really hated the 3d/plastic S shield from Sr. It definately should be a patch sewed into what ever the "tights" material is or as said above a screen printed onto what ever the "tights" material is. So then it bends and flex's with the actor's body movement.
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Father Finian wrote:Yeah, I like it too, except for the Singerman shield.

I'll be staggered if we see that again.

Since they MADE a "replica" of the Reeve suit and NOT the Singerman piece of shit, I think we are A-OK in that department.....

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:44 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Father Finian wrote:Yeah, I like it too, except for the Singerman shield.

I'll be staggered if we see that again.

Since they MADE a "replica" of the Reeve suit and NOT the Singerman piece of shit, I think we are A-OK in that department.....
I'm still worried about The Suit in the reboot... but the fact that they replicated the Reeve version of The Suit gives me a lot of hope.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I'm still worried about The Suit in the reboot... but the fact that they replicated the Reeve version of The Suit gives me a lot of hope.

Honestly, I don't see any REAL reason to worry about Snyder's suit in the reboot, based on his "track record". I mean, it's not like he PURPOSELY threw a big F-U to the actual fans of certain characters and how they looked in one of his previous movies. You know, like a "What did you expect, yellow spandex?". You know who DID, and look what he did with Superman.

If anything, Snyder and "faithful" go hand-in-hand. So far, anyway.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Father Finian on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:If anything, Snyder and "faithful" go hand-in-hand. So far, anyway.

Yes.

Shows how much of a piece of shit Singer is.

On one hand you can be faithful to an iconic image, and show respect for it. On the other hand you can do a Singer and think you can improve on it....with predictably disappointing results

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Posts : 430
Points : 434
User Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:41 pm

Father Finian wrote:Yes.

Shows how much of a piece of shit Singer is.

On one hand you can be faithful to an iconic image, and show respect for it. On the other hand you can do a Singer and think you can improve on it....with predictably disappointing results

It goes back to my quote taken from X-Men.

When I first saw it, I laughed along with everyone else. "Take THAT, X-Men nerds!". Since I was never into the X-Men, it didn't bother me in the slightest. But when I saw the video where Singer "shouted down" the fan questioning WHY he changed Superman's S-symbol, I saw that line in a whole new light.

This egotistical PRICK thinks HE knows what's "best" for these characters, and fuck ANYONE who disagrees. Ignore the decades of history. Ignore the visuals that made the characters a viable film property in the first place. Instead, you TELL people what they want to see and give a middle-finger to the people who made them what they are today. He carried this way of thinking over to what ended-up as Singerman Peeps, and I will NEVER put my money behind ANYTHING this asshole does for the rest of my life.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Father Finian on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:.....I will NEVER put my money behind ANYTHING this asshole does for the rest of my life.

Spot on, and me neither.

And I too saw the X-Men criticisms in a new light too, for exactly the same reason. Singer's ego far outweighs his ability and creativity.

You watch, when he's sucked X-Men dry he'll move onto another franchise and set about derailing that too.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Posts : 430
Points : 434
User Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:It goes back to my quote taken from X-Men.

When I first saw it, I laughed along with everyone else. "Take THAT, X-Men nerds!". Since I was never into the X-Men, it didn't bother me in the slightest. But when I saw the video where Singer "shouted down" the fan questioning WHY he changed Superman's S-symbol, I saw that line in a whole new light.

This egotistical PRICK thinks HE knows what's "best" for these characters, and fuck ANYONE who disagrees. Ignore the decades of history. Ignore the visuals that made the characters a viable film property in the first place. Instead, you TELL people what they want to see and give a middle-finger to the people who made them what they are today. He carried this way of thinking over to what ended-up as Singerman Peeps, and I will NEVER put my money behind ANYTHING this asshole does for the rest of my life.
It took a little longer for that to settle in for me. But eventually you get to the conclusion that there's a difference between changing up a storyline to make it more movie-friendly (justifiable enough) and changing mythos (for which there is never a good reason).

With X-Men, Singer changed both... because he felt like it, and for no other reason.

As for Singer shouting down the con fan from his bully pulpit onstage... looking back on it, I realize now I had no right to be surprised that the arrogant prick behaved that way. We all should've seen it coming.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:00 am

thecolorsblend wrote:As for Singer shouting down the con fan from his bully pulpit onstage... looking back on it, I realize now I had no right to be surprised that the arrogant prick behaved that way. We all should've seen it coming.

Even though I know you actually have to GO to comic book conventions to have the opportunity, I wish I had been the person BS tried to talk down to. I would have let his egotistical ass have it, verbally folks-VERBALLY, then scared the shit out of him by pretending to rush the stage.

Can you imagine how freakin' FUNNY that would have been?

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:02 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Even though I know you actually have to GO to comic book conventions to have the opportunity, I wish I had been the person BS tried to talk down to. I would have let his egotistical ass have it, verbally folks-VERBALLY, then scared the shit out of him by pretending to rush the stage.

Can you imagine how freakin' FUNNY that would have been?
I don't think the security people would've found it all that funny... but we would've all laughed.

Here's the video in question. Scroll on to about 3:28 or 3:29.

Was this a DVD extra or something? That would explain the bg music... but, shit, how arrogant do you have to be put THAT on your DVD?
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I don't think the security people would've found it all that funny... but we would've all laughed.

Trust me, even the SECURITY would have thought twice before they tried to get physical with me.

I once cussed-out a smartass "door man" at a club in Anaheim, and when the bouncers came over, I gave them a disrespectful blow-off and none of the four of them thought it was a good idea to get too close.

Here's the video in question. Scroll on to about 3:28 or 3:29.
Was this a DVD extra or something? That would explain the bg music... but, shit, how arrogant do you have to be put THAT on your DVD?

Where did you find it? I haven't been able to since I originally saw it.

And I have no idea, but knowing THAT asshole's ego, he probably did to show he was "hardcore"....

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Where did you find it? I haven't been able to since I originally saw it.
Just did a search on You Tube for "Singer comic con 2006" (but without the quotes) and it was somewhere on the first page.

I also saw a faked Singerman 2- Stalker of Steel Comic Con presentation some Apologist threw together in 2008. Must be seen to be believed.

And I have no idea, but knowing THAT asshole's ego, he probably did to show he was "hardcore"....
Well that's fine, but if your argument is going to be "I can do whatever the fuck I want in my abortion of a movie", don't stake it on the "evolution" of the emblem because you will lose... and you'll do it sounding like an ignorant douchebag.

Yeah, the symbol HAS evolved... but it had achieved the basic pentagon shape it carries to this day by 1942, it had begun to conform to the basic S-design that would it would eventually become in 1943 and then become the traditional, finalized, "modern" version by 1944.

Anybody reading this, I hope you DON'T take my word for it. Go find reprints of the first 75'ish issues of Action Comics and check this stuff out for yourself. It's right there.

Six years of "evolution" and 60 years (at the time) of being one of the most iconic symbols of ever.

I'm sorry but there's just no excuse for the any aspect of the Singerman bikini.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Just did a search on You Tube for "Singer comic con 2006" (but without the quotes) and it was somewhere on the first page.

I also saw a faked Singerman 2- Stalker of Steel Comic Con presentation some Apologist threw together in 2008. Must be seen to be believed.

What is it titled?

Well that's fine, but if your argument is going to be "I can do whatever the fuck I want in my abortion of a movie", don't stake it on the "evolution" of the emblem because you will lose... and you'll do it sounding like an ignorant douchebag.

When has that EVER stopped Singer before??

"You know, this will be the closest thing to a chick flick that I've ever directed."

Yeah, the symbol HAS evolved... but it had achieved the basic pentagon shape it carries to this day by 1942, it had begun to conform to the basic S-design that would it would eventually become in 1943 and then become the traditional, finalized, "modern" version by 1944.

Anybody reading this, I hope you DON'T take my word for it. Go find reprints of the first 75'ish issues of Action Comics and check this stuff out for yourself. It's right there.

Six years of "evolution" and 60 years (at the time) of being one of the most iconic symbols of ever.

I'm sorry but there's just no excuse for the any aspect of the Singerman bikini.

Exactly right.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Father Finian on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:06 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Anybody reading this, I hope you DON'T take my word for it. Go find reprints of the first 75'ish issues of Action Comics and check this stuff out for yourself. It's right there.

You're dead right, again.

When it comes to the comics, we CAN take your word for it!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Posts : 430
Points : 434
User Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Father Finian on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Here's the video in question. Scroll on to about 3:28 or 3:29.

Thanks. Now I've put my monitor back together and cleaned the screen......

Look at the prick at the beginning. Sitting there as if he IS Singerman, with the weight of the world on his shoulders..........

Jesus, he even calls Superman Jor-El!! What a hack.

His argument about the \S/ changing in the comics is based on a false premise anyway because Singerman was supposed to be a continuation of the Donner films. You're not talking about a new comic Bryan, it's supposed to be a "sequel" to a much beloved film.

Lucas would've been lynched had he changed any character design from the original trilogy for the prequels.

What do you expect from the genius who put glasses on young Clark and Superman's curl on the wrong side of his head.......

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Posts : 430
Points : 434
User Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Father Finian on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Can you imagine how freakin' FUNNY that would have been?

LOL.

That's what gets me with the SHEEP apologists. They go along with what they're told faithfully and without question when common sense, and their own fuckin memory, should be telling them otherwise.

They repeat the lies over and over "because Bryan said so"

Ruth is the splitting image of Christopher Reeve "because Bryan said so"

The \S/ in the comics has always changed "because Bryan said so"

etc etc etc


Last edited by Father Finian on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Posts : 430
Points : 434
User Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Father Finian on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:42 pm

I tell you what though,

...there would be Warners suits shaking their heads at the sense of the sheer waste hinted at in those video blogs from Singer. Money was clearly no object. Private jets, corn fields in the Australian outback, coke induced ramblings......

You do get a feeling that Singer thinks he's "winning" during all of that......

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Posts : 430
Points : 434
User Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Father Finian wrote:I tell you what though,

...there would be Warners suits shaking their heads at the sense of the sheer waste hinted at in those video blogs from Singer. Money was clearly no object. Private jets, corn fields in the Australian outback, coke induced ramblings......

You do get a feeling that Singer thinks he's "winning" during all of that......

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 42
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  gadhero on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi I'm new here. It's great to post in a place where no-one's branded homophobic for not liking Routh and Singer.

I'm in two minds about Henry Cavill. I'm happy that he will be acting instead of trying impersonate Christopher Reeve, but I'm worried about his physical presence. Superman needs to have a commanding presence even if depowered or dead. Reeve had that, but I'm not sure about Cavill. Routh definetly didn't have that even one bit.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Posts : 18
Points : 28
User Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum