Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 32 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:25 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:News to me. But I rather like Black Zero so this works fine for me. I really appreciate that this movie is striving to give us something new and fresh as much as possible.

It won't be a character named "Black Zero", that much I am sure of. It will be the
Spoiler:

Book it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Ya probably won't be in the film. Unless the character just gets a refence in the movie. Like how black zero got a refrence in a sv episode. Probably just be that if anything.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 pm

'The Lone Ranger' comes out in July of 2013. It just came out with a full trailer, and a slew of official pictures.

'Man Of Steel'? Riiiiight.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Hey, you might really dig this piece of news/non-news. It could probably go in either thread but could cause some concern nonetheless:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172947-david-s-goyer-talks-about-writing-man-of-steel

David S. Goyer Talks About Writing Man of Steel

by Spencer Perry
October 01, 2012

Badtaste.it was at the Rome Fiction Fest where writer/director David S. Goyer was presenting his new series "Da Vinci's Demons." During the Q&A for his new series, the subject turned to writing Man of Steel and how it compares to his other works and Goyer was happy to elaborate.

Moderator: You are quite good at writing two kinds of stories: fantasy completely original stories, with a supernatural aspect, and also adaptations (especially from comic-books) that you reinvent in an original way. We know you're working on a new comic-book adaptation, a DC Comics adaptation. What does this work have in common with you previous works?

David Goyer: Are we talking about Man of Steel? What Christopher Nolan and I have done with Superman is trying to bring the same naturalistic approach that we used adopted for the Batman trilogy. We always had a naturalistic approach, we want out stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in. It's not that easy with Superman, and actually this doesn't necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened. How would people react to this? What impact would have the presence of Superman in the real world? What I really like to do is writing "genre" stories without a cartoonish element. I did the same with Da Vinci's Demons, and I'll do the same with Man of Steel.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. Amy Adams stars as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

So Nolan ultra-reality after all? Here's a comment from a concerned fan:

Freakout • 4 days ago

I just hope they don't strip him of a power to make him fit into Nolan's screwed up view. None wants to watch a movie where Superman is sweating and straining to pickup a car just to keep it grounded in reality.

And keep in mind, we're talking about David Goyer here who talks 'reality' but was writing the reboot of GODZILLA?! Gimme a break! Speaking of which he has incidentally been replaced by the same writer for IRON MAN 3, Drew Pearce:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173001-drew-pearce-to-rewrite-godzilla

I won't post that entire article in this thread but what gives here?! See anything wrong with this picture in relation to MOS?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Check the "Non-News" thread, and you'll find that interview already posted....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Check the "Non-News" thread, and you'll find that interview already posted....

I guess I missed it. Been so busy working lately that I'm sure I overlooked it. There's also not been a lot going on lately around here so I guess that contributes. I don't think I've even seen Webhead here in the last few days?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:'The Lone Ranger' comes out in July of 2013. It just came out with a full trailer, and a slew of official pictures.

I can only hang my head in shame. Say whatever you want about Singerman but as I recall the marketing machine was starting up at about this point in 2005.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:'The Lone Ranger' comes out in July of 2013. It just came out with a full trailer, and a slew of official pictures.

I can only hang my head in shame. Say whatever you want about Singerman but as I recall the marketing machine was starting up at about this point in 2005.

Why are duh brothers Warner acting like this?! I mean, from what little we've seen of Cavill & company so far, this ain't no Singerman. By the same token though they should 'educate' the masses so they won't think it's a sequel either.

Colors, I almost have to wonder if what you theorized is true a short while ago. It does seem like Zack Snyder & the entire cast of this film are gonna give us the most 'toppest' of quality in that department but meanwhile, over in duh executive offices of duh WB, no one gives a crap & maybe even want it to fail?! Revenge against duh Siegel parasites?!

It's enough to make you wish that this film was made by MARVEL STUDIOS! Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:08 am

non_amos wrote:Why are duh brothers Warner acting like this?! I mean, from what little we've seen of Cavill & company so far, this ain't no Singerman. By the same token though they should 'educate' the masses so they won't think it's a sequel either.

Colors, I almost have to wonder if what you theorized is true a short while ago. It does seem like Zack Snyder & the entire cast of this film are gonna give us the most 'toppest' of quality in that department but meanwhile, over in duh executive offices of duh WB, no one gives a crap & maybe even want it to fail?! Revenge against duh Siegel parasites?!

It's enough to make you wish that this film was made by MARVEL STUDIOS! Frustration
What brought it all about was asking myself if I was making a movie strictly to protect my ass from a lawsuit and didn't care if it succeeded or failed, not even what would I do but what would I do differently? And the answer (apart from maybe picking a hack like Renny Harlin to direct the thing) is "not much".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:56 pm

What's funny is, seeing morons across the interwebs saying "Durr, dey gotz da 8 moths 2 do stiff 4 dis film. ur jess a dum fanboy. Durr". But guess what?

What are these fucking morons going to say when it's only 6 months to go? Or when 'Iron Man 3' comes out and dominates the BO to the point that 'Man Of Steel' suffers like 'Amazing Spider-Man' did after 'The Avengers'?

They have the PERFECT opportunity to steal some of Marvel's thunder by getting shit out there NOW. Instead, they are going to wait until December for the next batch of almost nothing, and guess who will ALSO be putting shit out then?

'Iron Man 3' AND 'Thor: The Dark World'.

Yeah.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:What's funny is, seeing morons across the interwebs saying "Durr, dey gotz da 8 moths 2 do stiff 4 dis film. ur jess a dum fanboy. Durr". But guess what?

What are these fucking morons going to say when it's only 6 months to go? Or when 'Iron Man 3' comes out and dominates the BO to the point that 'Man Of Steel' suffers like 'Amazing Spider-Man' did after 'The Avengers'?

They have the PERFECT opportunity to steal some of Marvel's thunder by getting shit out there NOW. Instead, they are going to wait until December for the next batch of almost nothing, and guess who will ALSO be putting shit out then?

'Iron Man 3' AND 'Thor: The Dark World'.

Yeah.
It all does make you wonder why the hell they moved this thing to the summer of 2013 if all they're going to do is just let it wither on the vine like this. I can appreciate that this December is maybe a little crowded but since they apparently don't give a shit either way... what difference is it supposed to make?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Too hate the lack of real news and marketing. They should have been on this for at least a few months now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:30 am

MOS toys. Is this news? Don't know.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/16/leaked-commercial-reveals-zods-toys-from-man-of-steel/
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am

thecolorsblend wrote:MOS toys. Is this news? Don't know.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/16/leaked-commercial-reveals-zods-toys-from-man-of-steel/

I guess it is if this is real and not fake. It would confirm that the FOS is actually Superman's ship, Black Zero is Zod's ship with a gravity beam (as seen in the CC trailer) and Zod having a robot army, something that we didn't know before. But the video has fake written over it, imo.... I just don't know...
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Possible leaked commercial for 'Man Of Steel' toys. Possible spoilers:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Still, they pretty much explain what exactly "Black Zero" is....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:30 am

So, any news of a new trailer? I was just thinking that they have two opportunities to pull it off. SKYFALL, it'll draw in crowds so that's a good time to put in a trailer. I remember going to QUANTUM OF SOLACE and one of the great surprises was seeing the trailer for STAR TREK and I didn't even know a new trailer existed. But then there's the second opportunity: THE HOBBIT. Since that is WB, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the new trailer debut with that film. I also thought of TWILIGHT, but then realized no red blooded male would ever go see it unless they want to get laid.

Or the retarded option: Don't bother showing a trailer. Can WB resist that? affraid
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:17 am

James Stocks wrote:Or the retarded option: Don't bother showing a trailer. Can WB resist that? affraid
Don't give them ideas.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 pm

James Stocks wrote:So, any news of a new trailer? I was just thinking that they have two opportunities to pull it off. SKYFALL, it'll draw in crowds so that's a good time to put in a trailer. I remember going to QUANTUM OF SOLACE and one of the great surprises was seeing the trailer for STAR TREK and I didn't even know a new trailer existed. But then there's the second opportunity: THE HOBBIT. Since that is WB, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the new trailer debut with that film. I also thought of TWILIGHT, but then realized no red blooded male would ever go see it unless they want to get laid.

Or the retarded option: Don't bother showing a trailer. Can WB resist that? affraid

It really has gone from the "WTF?" to the "Laughably retarded" stage with the Bros. Warner and this film. I mean, there is not ONE fucking good reason why they have a COMPLETE publicity embargo on this film. Not one. 'Iron Man 3' comes out next summer too, and they just hit with a butt-load of official pics, 2 teaser trailer-teasers and a poster. 'MOS' "officially" has ONE trailer with 2 different voice overs. A poster, and ONE publicity still. For a film that wrapped in FEBRU-FUCKING-ARY!

Really, if the Bros. Warner wanted to kill my enthusiasm for this film, they've succeeded. I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of being ignored.

Fuck them.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:22 am

Time is one commodity that there will never be more of. If you've got a big budget movie coming out, you either lay the proper ground work for it a year'ish in advance or you don't. A promo image, a teaser poster and teaser trailers are good for the opening salvo but those things have to be followed up on. TV spots, media appearances, maybe "viral videos", a general online presence (beyond fucking Facebook, I mean) and that stuff. Failure to do so doesn't earn you a mulligan. You can't jump into your DeLorean, go back a year'ish ago and do the job right.

WB has, what, eight months now? Eight months to build anticipation for what is presumably supposed to be their new flagship franchise as well as the source for hopefully multiple spinoffs (JLA and related characters).

It doesn't take long to reach a point where you go beyond "bad business decision" and right into "straight up fucking suicidal".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:17 pm

The REALLY pathetic part about all this is, the 'Iron Man' franchise has showed NO signs of slowing down. Say what you will about 'Iron Man 2', it still made $623,000,000 worldwide, and 'The Avengers' just pushed the franchise up that much higher. If ANY film could play the "We ain't showin' you NOTHIN'" card and STILL bring in the big bucks, it's 'Iron Man'. It has no Singerman-Stink permeating it. But what do they do? Hit us with shit left and right the last two days. 'MOS'?

Jack-Fuckin'-Shit.

I just can't wrap my head around the ass hairs at the Bros. Warner, and what the FUCK is making them "believe" that their approach is the "right" approach. Seriously. Nothing since July? No pics since August 2011? How the fuck is this "helping" 'Man Of Steel'?

If, and I hope it's an if, 'MOS' fails, expect mass firing at the Bros. Warner. After Singerman and 'Green LanTurd', you KNOW Jeff Robinov is going to blame somebody.

A lot of somebody's.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:34 pm

It's almost hard not to notice that IM3 is instantly getting more publicity than MOS, just shameful on WB's part! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Then again IM3 is getting release two months earlier than MOS although that still isn't considered excusable.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:13 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

Really, if the Bros. Warner wanted to kill my enthusiasm for this film, they've succeeded. I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of being ignored.

Fuck them.

I feel exactly the same. This is all so beyond comprehension to me that I can't even find the words or the will to rant about it anymore.

Btw, this Sue bitch is the head of WB's marketing division:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 32 Kroll_nutshell

So that + this:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 32 Christopher-nolan-sues-agents-over-commissions

= The situation we are in now.

Maybe WB really does want this to fail. Maybe Nolan wants it to fail. Or maybe he is just so stuck up his own ass that he thinks his name itself will make MOS a billion. Dream on, turd!

At this point, they would have to really, really do something MAJOR to correct this. And I mean an onslaught of photos/magazine covers and a mind-blowing trailer. But you know what, I would bet you a 1000$ right here and now that they won't. I wouldn't expect anything but a few photos and the CC teaser in December and then NOTHING for months again. And if that happens, im done with this shit!

/rant
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Saw the toy commericals. As for tthe toys themselfs look nice for typiccal movie tiein toys. But man I hope when they do play on tv they will just use mos footage. As for another trailer I do hope we will see another soon. Most likely would be with the hobbit if anything. I hope we will get another soon.

Some more tight lipped action on mos(link is from my phone):
http://android.eonline.com/article?id=357647
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 am

Heads up you guys!!! I found what seem to be a leaked animation sequence of the MOS emblem although I can't really determine if it's real or not but it's still worth a look and at the very least we actually get some MOS related stuff for a change.

So check it out!!!

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:47 am

A nice little animation for logo. Be it real from wb, or just a fake fan made thing.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next