Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 33 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:40 am

Came here to post that very thing. Wouldn't call it breaking news exactly but if it's the best we've got...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Breaking news: A fucking logo, animated. Laughing

Since there's little news of an MOS trailer attached to SKYFALL, I'm assuming it's gonna be for THE HOBBIT, as that's WB.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Doubt there would have been one with bond. If there was to been one we probably would have heard things weeks ago. As word usually comes out. Hobbit was always the more likely one since its a wb film and all.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:16 am

This shit belongs in the "Non-News" thread.

Ain't official, ain't much of anything.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:21 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:This shit belongs in the "Non-News" thread.

Ain't official, ain't much of anything.
This raises something that (for whatever reason) I'd not thought of.

If it's official... I mean, DAMN! It's basically an animated version of the teaser poster. This goes back to WB wanting this movie to fail (which remains my hypothesis until proven wrong).

If it's not official, some fan is clearly as pissed off as we are that real news isn't coming down the pipeline. Best we get is Zack Snyder being "tight-lipped" about a sequel. Well no shit! Even if there's interest in a sequel, it's probably the furthest thing in the world from his mind right now. He's probably wondering wtf is wrong with WB just like us. But back to the fan, he's hungry for more info and the lack of promotion so he did it himself. And for what it is, it looks great.

There's just no happy way to look at this.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am

I know right what's up wb asses with holding info for film. There being sceret. And slowly breaking things out like the nolan bat flicks did. And just sitting on things. Come on now. We are 8 months away. We should have second trailer out soon, some offficial cast photos and/or set photos. Then start up work for mag spreads in the new year, toys, and tv spots, and talk show rounds closer to launch. Now that most of the legal crap is behind them. Come on wb start the marketing machine up. The fans want it. And they really need to show joe public this movie is coming. Its new and different. And nothing to do withh the 06 turd of a film. So we can get audience into the film and have the success it needs.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:19 am

Not sure if this qualify as news but it appears that the WB studio has announce the confirmation of MOS getting a 3-D conversion along with an IMAX release.

Here's the statement from the press release...

Press Release Statement from Warner Bros.:

BURBANK, CA, November 7, 2012 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that director Zack Snyder’s upcoming action adventure “Man of Steel” will be presented in 3D in select theaters, as well as in 2D and IMAX®, so fans of the iconic superhero will be able to experience the much-anticipated movie in their format of choice.

Snyder stated, “The film is going to be a visually exciting experience in all formats: 2D, 3D and IMAX. Anticipating how audiences today embrace 3D, we designed and photographed the movie in a way that would allow ‘Man of Steel’ to captivate those movie goers, while respecting fans who prefer a more traditional cinematic experience. We’ve taken great measures to ensure the film and the story come first, and 3D is meant as an enhancement.”

The film stars Henry Cavill in the role of Superman/Clark Kent, alongside three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”), Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”), Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”), Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”), Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Michael Kelly, Richard Shiff, and Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).

“Man of Steel” is produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Entertainment. Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters are the film’s executive producers.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Zack Snyder Film, “Man of Steel.” The film is slated for release on June 14, 2013 and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Is this even news?

Zack Snyder wrote:It's a more serious version of Superman. It's not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone. I think that you're going to see a Superman you've never seen before. We approached it as though no other films had been made. He's the king-daddy. Honestly that's why I wanted to do it. I'm interested in Superman because he's the father of all superheroes. He's this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we've made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It's been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=12114
I like Snyder and his attitude about this movie, don't get me wrong, but there's a lot of repetitive glad-handing and generalities but nothing we haven't really heard or seen already.

Mind you, that didn't keep the Eunuch Youths from running in the wrong direction with it.

Apologist Dipshit wrote: #1 | Snookeroo on November 12, 2012 5:26pm EST
I'm glad they took the source material seriously - that was certainly a good first step.

I do hope, though, that the movie is not "joyless". I hope they re-read the first issues of Action comics - Superman really enjoys being Superman. There's no brooding or pondering about whether or not he wants to be the Man of Steel. He embraces the responsibility with both hands and uses his powers pretty freely.
I have no idea what "first issues of Action [C]omics" this idiot is talking about. I wouldn't exactly call the first several issues of the Golden Age Action Comics a period where he enjoys being Superman. He just does it. No bullshit. He just does it. But he doesn't take the same type of joy in it that, say, the Byrne version does.

If he's talking about The New 52... well, he's still wrong because a young Superman finding his place was part of the first story arc Morrison did and I would say there's some amount of "brooding or pondering" in there. Idiot...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm

We Need Some Movie News - Page 33 Zack_a10

Yeah, show it already & cut the crap! Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am

We Need Some Movie News - Page 33 Embedded_4f5ae5294b47d5.50576253
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 am

And what's ironic is that duh 'official full-length trailer' is now supposedly less than one month away. You'd think they'd at least fire a few 'warning shots' about that! Especially on Facebook. But whatever. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:24 pm

This just in from Comicbookmovie.com and other sites (Supermanhomepage.com & Superherohype.com)... It seems Warner Bros. has NOW decided to market the MOS film even before the next trailer hits on December 14'th with a sneak peak but with a catch, and that is web surfers must visit a special site that is sponsoring TDKR on DVD & Blu-Ray which features some sort of countdown on the upper left which the sneak peak can be unlock after it reaches 100% depending on how many amount of visits the site has.

The link to the site is just below this sentence so feel free to click away!

http://apps.warnerbros.com/thedarkknightrises/legend/index.php?v=collage
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 pm

It was at 31% when I shared it. Now it's at 38%. Hopefully by tomorrow all will be revealed? But yeah, what is it exactly? My guess would be some image from the film, possibly Cavill full-on Superman or maybe fighting Zod? But c'mon WB, don't let this be the end of the hype, 'K?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 am

Anybody want to bet this thing will hit 100% at around 12.12 or 12.13 and not one moment sooner? Maybe I'll be proven wrong but it just seems unlikely.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Does anyone here notice that it was recently 52% and now it's been reduce to 27%? Seriously, whats up with that???
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Does anyone here notice that it was recently 52% and now it's been reduce to 27%? Seriously, whats up with that???

I didn't see that. The last time I checked before now it was at 38%. Right now as I speak it's 29%. Yeah, you've got a point, what is it with that?! Did a lot of people 'like' it on Facebook only to turn around & 'unlike' it?! Or is it a ploy by duh brothers Warner to keep the number at bay like Colors said? And to only reach it on 12/14/2012? Oy. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/movies/steel_this_movie_TrrZEczrOmIra5bDTnKk4O/0

'Steel' this movie

Superman and his new director dish on next summer’s reinvention of the world’s first comic-book superhero

By REED TUCKER

Last Updated: 12:42 AM, November 25, 2012
Posted: 10:42 PM, November 24, 2012

Consider the utterly messed-up cinematic world we live in. Superhero movies have become so popular that someone is actually considering remaking “Condorman.” Meanwhile, nobody has yet figured out how to launch a viable franchise featuring the granddaddy of the entire spandex scene: Superman.

This could all change this summer when “Man of Steel” lands on screens and attempts to KO pretenders with a big Kryptonian right hook.

Little is known about the plot. It will mostly follow the familiar origin story: A baby travels to Earth from a distant planet, lands in Middle America and grows up to become a costumed hero who fights baddies — in this case, General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, a character that appeared in “Superman II.”
AP
Henry Cavill plays Superman in next summer’s update of the famed franchise.

The one thing that can be gleaned from the single teaser trailer that’s been released is that this could be a darker, more humanistic take on the character than movies past.

“We tried to approach this as though there’s never been a Superman movie before, but at the same time respecting the canon and mythology,” director Zack Snyder tells The Post in an exclusive interview. “There are the pillars that you have to respect, and I’m not about to break them. But it is fun for me to bend them and mess with them.”

Christopher Nolan, the director of the recent Batman movies, was brought in by Warner Bros. as producer and godfather of the project.

“There’s a logic and concreteness that has to exist with Chris,” Snyder says. “You can’t just do stuff because it’s cool. He demands that there be story and character behind all of it, which I’m a big fan of.”

Henry Cavill, who becomes the first Brit to play the character, says he’s also a fan of the more down-to-earth approach.

“I liked the idea of the realism immediately,” Cavill tells The Post in an exclusive on-set interview. “Traditional Superman fans know what it’s all about, and they will hopefully love and associate with the character anyway. But the people who aren’t die-hard Superman fans still need to associate with the character, and that needs to have some realism in today’s world, certainly, in sense of a science as opposed to mythology attached to it as well.”

One of the obvious changes is with Superman’s costume. Gone is the flimsy spandex in favor of a slightly metallic, more armored look.

“The costume was a big deal for me, and we played around for a long time,” Snyder says. “I tried like crazy to keep the red briefs on him. Everyone else said, ‘You can’t have the briefs on him.’ I looked at probably 1,500 versions of the costumes with the briefs on.”

The final version is a brief-free, all-blue unitard with red boots and a red cape.

“If you look at the costume, it’s very modern, but the relationship to the original costume is strong,” Snyder says.

“You come onto a project like this, and you hear about modernization and you hear about bringing things forward to today, and all you can do is hope that it’s going to look cool and different from

anything you’ve seen before,”

Cavill says of the suit, which takes him 15 to 25 minutes to put on. “And I’m pretty sure it does.”

To fill out the costume, Cavill worked out intensely for two hours each morning, and consumed as many as 5,000 calories a day.

“I have been put through the ringer big time,” Cavill says. “An example of the workouts we’ve been doing, it was 100 front squats of body weight. There are kettle-bell workouts. It’s very hard work.”

If “Man of Steel” pays off, it will have been worth it. The film is already saddled with gigantic expectations.

“I heard one time that the Superman glyph is the second or third most recognizable symbol on Earth after the Christian cross,” Snyder says. “It’s this crazy responsibility.”

The film will also be expected to launch a new franchise, which 2006’s lukewarmly received “Superman Returns” failed to do. Cavill confirms he is signed up for three films. Snyder is mum about directing more.

“We approach the film as a single endeavor,” he says. “There are a lot of gears that have to turn in the world of commerce and the world of the mythology we create to facilitate more adventures for this character. We’ll see what happens.”

What’s perhaps most interesting about “Man of Steel” is that it might serve as the launching point for a DC Comics universe of films in the same way 2008’s “Iron Man” inaugurated Marvel’s interconnected movie world.

Warner Bros. is reportedly plowing ahead with “Justice League,” a superteam movie featuring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and others, rumored to hit in 2015. Nolan’s Batman trilogy has concluded and bomb “Green Lantern” is likely to be disregarded, making “Man of Steel” the first film set in this new universe.

“I don’t know how ‘Justice League’ is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t,” Snyder says. “But ‘The Man of Steel’ exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”

When asked whether he had conversations with the studio about integrating “Man of Steel” into a larger superhero universe, Snyder treads carefully.

“Um, how can I answer that?” he wonders. “I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.”

Wildly speculating, it sounds entirely possible that “Man of Steel” will mention another costumed crime-fighter — maybe in a post-credits sequence — that leads into another superhero film. Universe launched.

For now, Cavill is focused on this one movie and trying to handle the expectations.

“There have been a couple of times where people have been explaining all of these Superman cookies and ice creams . . . and there was a second where I went, ‘Wow, this is massive!’ ” Cavill says. “You’ve got to ignore that and not let it get it to you, otherwise you’ll be focusing so much on the pressure as opposed to dealing with the important thing of doing justice to the character.”

Justice will be served June 14.

reed.tucker@nypost.com

There's a shorter version of this at this link:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/superman-man-steel-henry-cavill-signed-three-films-zack-snyder-hints-justice-league-movie

Notice how I placed in bold how Snyder tried to keep the red trunks on Superman but wasn't allowed to. I guess we were right then in our theories about duh lawsuit. However, couldn't they be added back in post now?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 pm

non_amos wrote:Notice how I placed in bold how Snyder tried to keep the red trunks on Superman but wasn't allowed to.
Trust me, that wasn't lost on me.

non_amos wrote:I guess we were right then in our theories about duh lawsuit. However, couldn't they be added back in post now?!
I'm sure they could be... but why would they? What's changed to warrant that? Best I can tell, little or nothing of substance.

Still, does make you wonder if at least part of the secrecy behind MOS might be partly due to their efforts toward universe-building. Admittedly, that's giving WB a lot of credit they haven't earned but if I was determined to build a shared universe and if all of those potential billions rested more or less on how well received MOS is... yeah, I just might be a bit skittish about releasing too much info. Mind you, that doesn't even come close to the pathological aversion to promoting this son of a buck that WB has shown but I can't help wondering if that's a factor here. Anyway...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Once again this may not qualify as news but it's something we can take notice of until we find out whats the big reveal is over at the sponsoring of TDKR on DVD/Blu-Ray site.

It seems that TDKR Blu-Ray has a feature of what seems to be marketing artwork for the MOS film, just a few S shield artwork and a few variations of Superman pics originally illustrated by Jim Lee.

Check it out...

We Need Some Movie News - Page 33 Manofsteel

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Is that original Jim Lee artwork? Because it looks like it could be Photoshopped versions of old artwork modified to include the MOS outfit.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm

I see a lot of non-news bullshit in here that SHOULD be in the proper thread.

And that 'Rises' site is a phony attempt at "marketing" for the Blu-Ray and NOTHING more. Hold your breath for the 30 second "teaser trailer" for the real trailer, containing about 18 seconds of actual footage.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:This just in from Comicbookmovie.com and other sites (Supermanhomepage.com & Superherohype.com)... It seems Warner Bros. has NOW decided to market the MOS film even before the next trailer hits on December 14'th with a sneak peak but with a catch, and that is web surfers must visit a special site that is sponsoring TDKR on DVD & Blu-Ray which features some sort of countdown on the upper left which the sneak peak can be unlock after it reaches 100% depending on how many amount of visits the site has.

Anyone want some TRULY SHOCKING news??

'The Dark Knight Rises' comes out for sale on Tuesday, and as of today (Sunday), the link has MIRACULOUSLY hit 94%.

Who saw THAT coming?????
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:This just in from Comicbookmovie.com and other sites (Supermanhomepage.com & Superherohype.com)... It seems Warner Bros. has NOW decided to market the MOS film even before the next trailer hits on December 14'th with a sneak peak but with a catch, and that is web surfers must visit a special site that is sponsoring TDKR on DVD & Blu-Ray which features some sort of countdown on the upper left which the sneak peak can be unlock after it reaches 100% depending on how many amount of visits the site has.

Anyone want some TRULY SHOCKING news??

'The Dark Knight Rises' comes out for sale on Tuesday, and as of today (Sunday), the link has MIRACULOUSLY hit 94%.

Who saw THAT coming?????

Gee, I dunno, man. Who coulda seen that one coming?! Wink

And just as miraculously Tuesday sometime it'll finally hit 100% & unlock. This is about as fake as that guy that posted on Facebook that he won the lottery the other night, Nolan Daniels I believe is his name. The douchebag even promised to give away a million bucks to a random person on Facebook who 'shared' his post. Funny thing though. When people called him out on it, well, those people would no longer be included in the random draw. But back to this. Wasn't it like a week or two ago that this thing hit over 60% & somehow the next morning it was barely over 20%? Case in point.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Since it is currently at 94% I would expect this sneak peek to be unlock either sometime later tonight or mostly likely tomorrow (Monday) but then again wouldn't be too shocked if it stays 94% till Tuesday but never the less, will wait and see what happens!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

New 'Man Of Steel' movie poster revealed at it's "unofficial" Facebook page. Finally.

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013/photos_stream

We Need Some Movie News - Page 33 Manofs10

*EDIT* Some are questioning the voracity of this as an official poster, but the picture is FAR too "clean" to have been taken from that shitty Comic-Con footage we all have seen. I have a feeling THIS is what that timeline, actually COUNTDOWN, was going to reveal.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next