Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:04 pm

I hope this ain't such an article since it's dated 3/29/2013:

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/03/29/watertower-music-to-release-hans-zimmers-man-of-steel-score/

WaterTower Music to Release Hans Zimmer’s ‘Man of Steel’ Score

Posted: March 29, 2013 by filmmusicreporter in Film Music Albums
Tags: Hans Zimmer, Man of Steel, score, Sundtrack, Zack Snyder

WaterTower Music will release the official soundtrack album for Zack Snyder’s upcoming Superman reboot Man of Steel. The album features the film’s score composed by Hans Zimmer. The soundtrack will be released on June 11, 2013 and is now available for pre-order on Amazon. Check back on this site for the full album details. Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni & Russell Crowe and is produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The movie will be released nationwide on June 14, 2013 by Warner Bros. Pictures. To learn more about the film, visit the official movie website.

So the soundtrack album comes out 3 days before the film is released? So we get to hear the new Superman theme early? Bring it on!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Something just caught my attention regarding a possible plot for MOS, and is that Zod & Faora may not be the only rogue Kryptonians that are invading earth. According to a box set of LEGO's "Man of Steel: Battle of Smallvile" building set there's another rogue Kryptionian who goes by the name Tor-An who will be joining Zod & Faora on their earth invasion and a possible confrontation with Supes and here's the proof...

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 Tor-an14

Also there maybe a possibility that there maybe more than three Kryptonians in the film aleast according to Zod's short bio on the back of the box of the Movie Masters figure and here's the description below...

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 Descri10

It's safe to say that with all this info out in the open I think we can expect more from the film than what we could possibly imagine, still this gives me another reason not to wait!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 am

I remember when I was a kid a lot of the Lego sets were totally original not based off of any movies or TV shows, it was just basic concepts like medieval times, aquatic ships, space ships, helicopters, trains, cars, ect. I was obsessed with them, so if they had released LEGOs in my day with SUPERMAN, STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, BATMAN, ect, I would never given up building LEGO sets. Just looking at them are tempting the inner child in me. I know someday when I have a kid I will raise he/she on LEGO sets.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:19 am

One thing that grabs my attention is how much more merch and stuff is coming down the pipeline for MOS as compared to TDK and TDKRises. My fondest wish would be that WB stops chasing Oscars with their superhero films like they did with the Nolan canon. I mean, when Batman Forever has more Oscars noms than TDKRises...

Anyway, point is that all this merch is good news as far as I'm concerned. WB thinks they have something kids will be interested in. More fun, less existentialism.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Here's some news I got from my Facebook page due to notifications I get from the MOS Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

*New info on Man of Steel Trailer #3!*

New info from CapedWonder.com states:

"My WB contact just watched the upcoming 3 minute 'Man of Steel' trailer. He is liking Henry Cavill more and more. Here's what he could share with me: "I saw the trailer projected in one of the big rooms with full 5.1 sound. The music was great, but may be specific to the trailer, I don’t know. It teases more of his childhood and his trying to hide from mankind, taking different jobs, etc. Also some General Zod shots. I’m sure you’ll see it soon." Stay tuned Folks!

"It's not an 'S'. Where I’m from it’s a symbol of hope."- from the new trailer.

~Don't miss an update! Hover over "LIKED" on the page and select "Get Notifications!"~

(Thank you New 52 Superman for the share)

Here's some more info they notified me of with a link that actually gives you multiple choice of links to read:

Superman: Man of Steel (2013)

Here's the movie news roundup for the past week with Man of Steel news, rumors, and fan page fun items for our Facebook friends!

The week started out a little slow, but ended with a BANG and a lot of content on Friday! Click on the link we provide to read it ALL, including a few links we didn't post!

Let's just get to the big one- Details have surfaced on the 3rd theatrical trailer headed our way in April! We learned it will be about a 3 minute trailer (wow!) and included a nice description and quote from the movie.

Some wonderful interviews were published this week, too! Laurence Fishburne confirmed he's not signed up for any sequels at this time, Composer Hans Zimmer discussing following in the footsteps of John Williams and the daunting task of composing the movie's score, VFX mastermind Joe Letteri of WETA tells us what he finds most exciting about Man of Steel.

We published SFX Magazine Issue #235 will have exclusive interviews and images and will be available at news agents on May 1! This will be one for the collection! Some mild spoilers from the Movie Masters action figures packaging revealed a slight bit more on the background of our favorite Kryptonians.

And much more! Click here to read it all in one spot! http://bit.ly/17j1rwY
Like · · Share · 2 hours ago

I haven't had time to check out all of these articles yet but thought I'd get this out there anyway. Why make people wait due to my procrastination right? I did however read the one about Laurence Fishburne not (yet) being signed up for a sequel. That actually took me back to that Facebook page. You may want to sign up to receive notifications on that page. They recommended that on their site & I did it this morning.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 am

the third trailer wrote:"It's not an 'S'. Where I’m from it’s a symbol of hope."
Hm, this was Mark Waid's concept from Birthright. I prefer the Pre-Crisis, Byrne Age and Earth One ideas where Jonathan designed it. But if the thing must have a Kryptonian origin, well, the family crest thing is tired. I've never bought the arguments on why Superman can't invent the logo (and thereby name himself Superman) though so there you go.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:16 pm

It would have been a nice callback to the older comics where Superman introduced himself as such and was proud of it, but I guess the family crest and Lois giving him the name is just accepted by most these days when it comes to modern adaptations.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:47 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
the third trailer wrote:"It's not an 'S'. Where I’m from it’s a symbol of hope."
Hm, this was Mark Waid's concept from Birthright. I prefer the Pre-Crisis, Byrne Age and Earth One ideas where Jonathan designed it. But if the thing must have a Kryptonian origin, well, the family crest thing is tired. I've never bought the arguments on why Superman can't invent the logo (and thereby name himself Superman) though so there you go.

I remember years ago I bought the entire series of Birthright on eBay. I then never got past reading either the 2nd or 3rd issue mainly due to work & being online all the time. Anywho, correct me if I'm wrong but ain't that the comic where we had 'Vegan Clark' who refused to eat meat? Instead he was lusting after pretzels? I may have never read the enitre series but I found that to be a turn-off & some liberal nut trying to force-feed me his views. My steak is good, thank you very much & I'll continue eating it. And wasn't that the same series where there was a 'soul force' or something? Now, if MOS is based on this then what can we expect with Zod & such?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:23 pm

First MOS TV spot.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176057-the-first-man-of-steel-tv-spot-is-here

Looks mostly like a VERY abbreviated trailer. Because God forbid they show us anything new. Whatever, I'll try to stay positive but I'm in a kind of cranky mood tonight.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:First MOS TV spot.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176057-the-first-man-of-steel-tv-spot-is-here

Looks mostly like a VERY abbreviated trailer. Because God forbid they show us anything new. Whatever, I'll try to stay positive but I'm in a kind of cranky mood tonight.

When a movie that comes out a MONTH after 'MOS' has TRIPLE the promotion, you just have to shake your head and say "The fuck you gonna do? It's THEIR film to screw-up, not mine".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm

It's been way way too quiet for sure. Last year when they still kept things under wraps I assume that at the start of 2013 they would be promoting this mother like it's no tomorrow, but it's gotten at least 1/5 of what SR got promotion wise.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:15 am

Here's something of interest:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176115-henry-cavills-man-of-steel-lands-the-latest-ew-cover

Henry Cavill's Man of Steel Lands the Latest EW Cover

by Silas Lesnick
April 10, 2013

A new image of Henry Cavill's Superman from Zack Snyder's Man of Steel is now online as the iconic costume graces the cover of the latest issue of EW. Check it out below!

The comic book action adventure also stars Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Michael Kelly, Harry Lennix and Richard Schiff.

In the film, a young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

The article goes on to explain some minor plot elements from the film, including the fact that Kryptonite will not be featured in any form whatsoever. It also promises "building-smashing, train-slinging, heat-vision-blasting battles" when the comic book hero comes to 3D, 2D and IMAX theaters June 14.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 Z_mos_10

Building smashing & train slinging have got my attention span! Let's just hope though that duh brothers wake up before the train goes off the cliff.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:12 am

Oddly, that's one "criticism" that I've never been able to get my head around. You expect the Apologists to whine and complain no matter what but even non-Apologists griped that the movie would be "all flash and no substance". Even if you assume they're right, isn't that itself a step-up from no flash and no substance (ie, Singerman)?

Anyway. The action quotient is the one thing I personally have never worried about. Finally we're getting something that will put Smallville's many and varied action sequences (which for the moment are the best available) into their proper perspective. I don't care what anybody says, the lone major advantage film has over TV is budget and to me it's criminally offensive that SV (as much as I adore it) is top dog on so many counts.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 am

Finally. SOMETHING.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=77389

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 Qv8XxUD

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 51Rgl4m

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 OBo2qT5

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 KkqRMGs

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 BFm7XcJ

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 AuUn3Ll

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 GgCl6uD
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 am

Possible spoilers, but not really.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=77392

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 am

Spoiler:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:18 am

Did you catch the new pics too?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 am

^ Yep.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 am

Man AP! I got up this morning & saw those same pics on my Facebook page. I then proceeded to save 6 of them to my computer with the expressed purpose of posting them here. Then I check my e-mail & see that there's responses to this thread & found out that you already took care of it. Really it's OK though. Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:30 pm

I am shocked. EW actually put out a decent cover.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:00 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Oddly, that's one "criticism" that I've never been able to get my head around. You expect the Apologists to whine and complain no matter what but even non-Apologists griped that the movie would be "all flash and no substance". Even if you assume they're right, isn't that itself a step-up from no flash and no substance (ie, Singerman)?

Anyway. The action quotient is the one thing I personally have never worried about. Finally we're getting something that will put Smallville's many and varied action sequences (which for the moment are the best available) into their proper perspective. I don't care what anybody says, the lone major advantage film has over TV is budget and to me it's criminally offensive that SV (as much as I adore it) is top dog on so many counts.

I know I've said it before but it's worth repeating. I think there is a very prominent SMALLVILLE vibe going on here. Kinda like 'SMALLVILLE, the MOVIE' but with a different cast. However, not a strict interpretation but not a 'vague sequel' either. Also with some elements of John Byrne thrown in & I'm sure some of the other popular Superman stories from the last few years. Also, even though Zod is being used it's obviously not aping Donnerverse. This film appears to be it's own animal & I couldn't be more pleased! Excited
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 pm

It would seem that WB has started another viral marketing strategy this time taking the form of screen static at the official website which will probably lead to a possible release of a third trailer.

y'all may want to check this out...

http://manofsteel.warnerbros.com/
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:29 am

Too lazy to dig up a source but the next trailer is supposed to hit this Tuesday. Three minutes long.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 am

Hey, I just uncover something after visiting the official website a number of times, it turns out the static was revealing a blurry image of Zod's crest symbol and here's the proof...

First look at the static image below and look at it very closely.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 Static10

And just in case the image is still to blurry for you to notice the symbol maybe the second one below will help.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 37 Static13

I had to outline it to be sure I was right and aside from being another viral marketing attempt for a third trailer I think this serves as an explanation on why they even put out a video that look like static signals/radio noises at the MOS official website.

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 am

Comic Book Dude, you may be wrong. Here's what I just saw on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

UPDATE! One of the fans, who is a programmer sent a message about the countdown:
"I just downloaded a local version of the site, and decoded the JavaScript. You're correct, there certainly is a count down. I output the variables and found it was counting down from 143,258 seconds; or 2,387 minutes; or 39 hours!!! So for me in the UK, that's a midnight launch @ 00:00 Monday morning. I might have to stay up for that, I'll put money on it being the new trailer."

For the States- that means it would air at 4 PM PDT, 7PM EDT. Sunday:)

And Superman Fan Page shared this: "i feel the fans are correct and this is infact a countdown. but a count down to what?

[referring to the code] Var TransID - is a remote transmission. the 68chwl is the name of the file that will be transmitted once the Delt T reaches zero."

Please- any programmers... let us know. Fans- whatcha think?
(PS- I've never seen us so excited over static!)

So it sounds like it reveals a countdown instead & if that's correct, then we might see the new trailer Sunday night? But I'm curious where you got the whole 'Zod family crest' from? Did you read that on some other forum or something?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next