Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I just don't think I'm gonna get over the need for armor. I mean, we are talking about Kryptonians here, right? Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:35 am

non_amos wrote:I just don't think I'm gonna get over the need for armor. I mean, we are talking about Kryptonians here, right? Suspect
If there's a sensible explanation, I'm okay with it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 am

Some more photos of MOS toy merchandising this time their being displayed at the NY Toy Fair... But it's not just action figures that are presented but also 1,6 scale statures of Joe-El, Faora & Zod as well.

Since they're so many it's best that I post links to see them all in each page.

Here's the link to see photos of the action figures...
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=12515

And here's the link to see photos of the 1,6 scale statures...
http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/toy-fair-2013-dc-man-of-steel-and-superman-statue-images-7256/

For some reason this some how gets me even more excited about the film of course thats just me!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:I just don't think I'm gonna get over the need for armor. I mean, we are talking about Kryptonians here, right? Suspect
If there's a sensible explanation, I'm okay with it.

Kryptonians on Krypton have no powers. So they NEED armor when in battle.

Simple.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Decided to post this here.

Behind-the-scenes pic:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=74162

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 SuperZod
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Decided to post this here.

Behind-the-scenes pic:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=74162

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 SuperZod

I saved this pic to my computer so that I could enlarge it to see more details. Doing so doesn't mean that's it's in good quality but....................it does show off Cavill's Superman physique. Trunks or no trunks, that's a Superman stance! Blandon who? But here's Shannon in a CGI suit yet sometimes he's been in a black costume. All in a day's work I guess.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:04 am

non_amos wrote:I saved this pic to my computer so that I could enlarge it to see more details. Doing so doesn't mean that's it's in good quality but....................it does show off Cavill's Superman physique. Trunks or no trunks, that's a Superman stance! Blandon who? But here's Shannon in a CGI suit yet sometimes he's been in a black costume. All in a day's work I guess.
Still trying to work that out, m'self. Sometimes he has the mo-cap suit, sometimes not. Found a summary of the alleged plot that surfaced online a while back. Not sure how much of it I really buy into but no matter what I don't think it accounts for all the variables we've seen.

As to the pose, it looks like they're taking direction or something. It does say something though that Cavill is mindful of his body language even between takes. I'm impressed.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:00 am

This just in, more MOS merchandise has surface over Supermanhomepage.com only this time they come in the form of children books which you can read more about it by clicking the link below...

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=12647

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:03 pm

I'll put the pics here, but not from Eunuch's Den:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75262

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sticker1

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sticker2

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sticker3

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sticker4

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sticker5

*EDIT* One more:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 51JY7l5dSpL

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Here's a little comparison, for shits & gigs:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sr_stencilbook1__65946.1273516719.1280.1280 We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sticker1

'Nuff said?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Sticker2
Hm. "Superman... early years"... Y'know, I think that concept might just have some potential.

Interestingly enough, none of those illustrations look like they have to tamper with the uniform or color designs too much... unlike back in 2006... It's almost like the filmmakers and costume designers did the job right so there's not much to fix for the merch. Very interesting...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:55 pm

I find 'Early Years' interesting too because, be it wishful thinking or not, it leaves room for improvement. Like in adding back the trunks. Do it now duh brothers Warner. You won a legal victory, now make it right! Proud
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 am

Anybody notice one of the books featuring Supes in a familiar pose?

Maybe this might help...

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Superm10
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm

I found this online yesterday by reading a JLA article from the same site I believe. I haven't posted that one yet but I think this is a little too much to procrastinate on. You be the judge:

http://screenrant.com/superman-man-steel-movie-early-reviews-2013/

‘Man of Steel’ Early Screening Reaction: A ‘Nolan Story with Snyder Action’

1 week ago by Sandy Schaefer

The Man of Steel trailers released so far paint director Zack Snyder’s Superman movie reboot as a contemplative and morose take on the character. Costar Russell Crowe (who’s playing Jor-El) has been emphasizing the film’s scale and scope as something the previews cannot fully do justice. Meanwhile, his onscreen son Henry Cavill insists Snyder’s superhero flick is less dark and more action-packed than screenwriter David S. Goyer and producer Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy.

Well, Warner Bros. has begun Man of Steel test audience screenings, and the initial consensus is positive so far (bear in mind, many responses are coming from fans). More interesting, however, is that initial descriptions very much align with what the cast and crew have been claiming, with regard to Snyder’s movie being realistic, but not overly-serious, in its approach to the fantastical comic book mythos.

JoBlo received the following Man of Steel early screening reaction/description from “a scooper (whom we know and trust 100%),” which arrives pre-packed in bullet-point form and covers several points of interest dealing with the film’s overall tone and style.

You can check it out below:

Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
It’s the best movie of the year.
There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.

Again, passing over the scooper’s “best movie of the year” claim (obviously, it’s just one response from an excited fan), their Man of Steel descriptions should help lay to rest misconceptions about this being more Nolan’s film than Snyder’s; not to mention, complaints that Snyder is abandoning his own trademark style in favor of grounded action and spectacle more on par with The Dark Knight Rises.

Visually-expressive titles like Snyder’s Watchmen and 300 movies (as well as his less-popular Legend of the Guardians and Sucker Punch) demonstrate his strength as an action filmmaker, which is part of the reason I’ve long been interested to see how he brings Supes to life – especially, while making it seem believable that Kal-El could exist in the real-world. Content-wise, Goyer and Snyder are smart in drawing from modern comic storylines like Mark Waid’s “Superman: Birthright” and Geoff Johns’ “Superman: Secret Origin.”

Action and contemporary relevance are both departments where Man of Steel aims to dominate Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns, in addition to overshadowing the now-outdated effects and battle sequences pitting Superman against General Zod and his troops in Superman II. As for everything else, well… that remains to be seen (though, the early signs are encouraging).

Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Antje Traue, Laurence Fishburne and Ayelet Zurer.

Look for it in theaters on June 14th, 2013.

-

Source: JoBlo

I'm glad that the fans who are seeing these early screenings are well pleased with the film. But here's what I wonder. Who exactly do they get to actually see this? And then how do they keep them from 'spilling the beans' to the rest of us? Do they have to sign something & be sworn to secrecy?

Another thing. This early reaction definitely trumps what I remember with early test screenings of SINGERMAN. Just going on memory at the moment but I seem to recall how Singer's film was actually considerably longer & started out with the deleted 'return to Krapton' sequence. You know, the 'deleted scene' that cost 10 million smackeroos! Suffice it to say, it seems that Singer then did an edit on the film to try to make it better I suppose (good luck with that one). So for me to see now that THE MAN OF STEEL is getting so much positive early response is encouraging to say the least.

And we'll get to see SUPERMAN actually punch something! Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Seems like Man of Steel is getting better initial reviews than friggin Singerman did. The core elements of a Superman movie can't be that tough to pull off. Lots of The Suit, lots of flying, lots of punching, some His Girl Friday stuff with Clark and Lois and supervillains acting like supervillains; seriously, what's the mystery? To the extent that there is a "code", I'm glad that apparently Snyder cracked it.

All the same... guilty until proven innocent.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Another magazine cover regarding MOS except this time it features Henry Cavill & Amy Adams in their prospective roles (Superman & Lois Lane) on the cover of "Total Film" magazine.

Check it out...

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 16447753851444619376217
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Definitely not Singerman that's for certain! Also, to reiterate a quote from the article that I previously posted:

There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.

Ahhhh! Good times indeed! cheers

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:57 pm

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 16447753851444619376217

Now THAT is how Superman ought to look, y'all. The strong chin, the wide shoulders, the long cape, it all works well.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Here's one in high definition quality...

We Need Some Movie News - Page 36 Total-films-man-of-steel-cover-is-online-now-130036-a-1363097020-1000-100
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Not sure if people saw the story a few weeks back, but BS took a shot at Brett Ratner and 'X3'. Saying he had to "fix things". Douche. Well, Zack Snyder has thrown a little trash talk at THAT pompous flop-maker:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75772

Zack Snyder And David Goyer Discuss MAN OF STEEL; "He Can't Hold Up A Continent..."
Yeah, we're pretty sure that's a dig at Bryan Singer's Superman Returns too! Hit the jump to check out what director Zack Snyder had to say about handling Superman's powers and the possibility of a sequel, while David Goyer discusses the tone of the movie and the role of Krypton and Jor-El.
Josh Wilding - 3/14/2013

The problem with a character like Superman is that it's just so difficult for readers - and viewers - to relate with a near-indestructible super being. This has frequently plagued comic book writers, although the last time it was addressed (in JMS' critically panned "Grounded" story arc), it did not go down well with fans. Neither did Bryan Singer's almost action-less Superman Returns in 2006. So, how is Zack Snyder planning on dealing with the Kryptonian's power set in Man of Steel? "It's amazing what [Superman] is capable of but [Henry's] a slightly more down to Earth version of the character," he told Total Film Magazine. "I don't think he can hold up a continent... Superman has been broken for a little while." Ouch! It sure does sound as if he wasn't a fan of Singer's take on the character either.

"He's a man, but he's a Man of Steel," added writer David Goyer. "It's very much the theme of the movie, so it's embedded in the title, which we settled on at the very beginning. He's human but he's not human." It sounds as if the fact that he's not human will play a much larger role in the movie than any of us may have expected. "We try to flesh out Krypton and its different political factions, it's fauna, it's science. It's not a cameo," he said of Russell Crowe's Jor-El. "I think people think he's playing the Marlon Brando role, which isn't necessarily the case." So, Krypton will have a large role in Man of Steel, but what about the larger DC Universe? "I can't really say," is all Zack Snyder will reveal, before adding: "My hope is that we establish him and that he's a viable, awesome character that everyone is interested in seeing continue. He's the biggest superhero in the world. Or should it be. He's Superman, for gods sake!"

I know this might bother certain posters, but I LOVE the fact that Snyder isn't cow-towing to BS' horrible cinematic abortion. If BS isn't going to do it with the 'X-Men', no reason for Snyder to do it when it comes to Singerman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:29 pm

^ Difference is that Snyder took a job at Singer without embarrassing himself with a bunch of profanities and nonsense. If you represent a movie that costs this much money, professionalism should be expected. Snyder has it; Singer doesn't it. Simple as that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Yeah, Singer has no class. Ironic that he wants to take over something labeled 'First Class'. Rolling Eyes

And I can't believe I haven't already posted some of this. One article I just saw a few minutes ago but the first one I saw a couple of days ago & did.....nothing.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175523-zack-snyder-and-henry-cavill-talk-reinventing-superman

Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill Talk Reinventing Superman

by Spencer Perry
March 15, 2013

Remaking the last son of Krypton would be quite a daunting task, especially if it's for modern audiences who have 'seen it all.' But the way that director Zack Snyder is approaching Superman in Man of Steel has already struck a chord with many based on the trailers alone. In the latest issue of Total Film (which Man of Steel is the cover story for), Snyder and star Henry Cavill spoke about making the character relatable and interesting for modern audiences.

“We’ve tried to make a Superman movie where he does stuff and you go, ‘Yeah, if I was Superman, that’s what I’d do,’” Snyder said. “Even though he’s an alien, he’s more relatable, more human.”

Cavill, who portrays the namesake of the film, elaborated on this idea. “This is a Superman for a modern age. It’s not betraying anything that Superman is, but it is grounding everything in reality. It’s the story of this incredible being who can do incredible things, but whom we can associate with. Because he’s gone through troubling stuff and had to make tough choices…”

Flying into 3D, 2D and IMAX theaters on June 14, the action adventure also stars Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Michael Kelly, Harry Lennix and Richard Schiff.
In the film, a young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

And here's the one I just saw:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175555-david-goyer-says-the-man-of-steel-trailer-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg

David Goyer Says the Man of Steel Trailer is Just the 'Tip of the Iceberg'

by SuperHeroHype
March 17, 2013

We've already seen a teaser and a trailer for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, but screenwriter tells Total Film that they have kept most of the movie a secret so far.

"It's something Chris [Nolan] tried hard to do with the Batman films," Goyer said. "I'm genuinely pleased with how much secrecy we've been able to maintain. There's so much of the movie that people don't know, that hasn't been touched upon. The trailer's just the tiniest, tiniest tip of the iceberg."

Goyer also talked about whether or not this Superman movie will be darker. "Relatable and realistic doesn't necessarily mean dark. I think it would be inappropriate for us to approach a Superman film as if we were doing The Dark Knight. The Batman films are a lot more nihilistic; Superman has always been a story about hope."
Opening in 3D, 2D and IMAX theaters on June 14, Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Russell Crowe, Michael Kelly, Harry Lennix and Richard Schiff. You can watch the trailer from December using the player below.

Sounds like the ultra-secrecy surrounding this film is due to Nolan. I just hope they hit it out of the park so that 'word-of-mouth' is awesome like with Avengers. It is good though to hear that they at least see the difference between Superman & Batman, that Superman has always been about HOPE. It also pleases me that this film has so much more 'scope' to it than we even realize. Can't wait!

Last edited by non_amos on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OOPS!)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Secret MAN OF STEEL Villain Confirmed! - Spoilers

http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/3/29/secret-man-of-steel-villain-confirmed-spoilers.html

Spoiler:

EDIT-
Spoiler:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Spoiler:
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 pm

I will exercise a word of caution here. You are aware that tomorrow is April 1? You know what that means? Just check out Eunuch's page tomorrow & you'll see what I mean.
"Cavill is fired, BJ is rehired. Snyder & Nolan scramble to digitally replace Cavill with BJ in all scenes of Clark Kent/Superman!"
And other such nonsense. It wouldn't surprise me if this ain't the beginning of it. We'll see.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next