Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 19 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 19 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 pm

webhead2006 wrote:He probably means the unofficial fan site. That posts links/stories/etc.... from users, and any random news story would be mentioned there.
You may be right but how about you let him speak for himself, fuckweasel?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 01, 2012 2:58 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Since today is all about legal cases, I figured now's as good a time as any.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/supermanhomepage

It seems last night's episode was part 2 of the Trexler discussion. You'll have to dig back to last week's episode for part 1.

I haven't listened to either episode. Part of me wants to get the legal stuff from an actual lawyer who's followed the case (as Trexler seems to be). But on the other hand, doing so requires sitting through the Eunuch and his prattle. So hmm. In any case, these may be worth listening to so long as the "hosts" do the honorable thing, shut up and listen to and learn from their betters. But we'll see.
Just hashed through the first episode. Part of me feels like patting myself on the back for what I figured out on my own. My information proved to be incomplete but, in the big picture, I was right about a lot of stuff. Felt nice. Like any complex legal thing, there are nuances, mitigating factors and all that shit that's entirely too esoteric to get into but I can pretty much recommend that you all listen to at least that first episode. The Eunuch has the good sense to shut up and let the adults talk through a lot of this thing. Trexler takes the wheel for a good proportion of the episode once he's brought in; The Eunuch's participation mostly revolves around asking questions. He basically sets 'em up and Trexler knocks 'em down.

I'm not a lawyer but I've worked with/for those assholes for the majority of my professional life so I'd like to think I can at least spot a clueless phony, and that ain't who Trexler is. Dude knows his shit pretty well so listen up.

I don't know if this is how Eunuch's podcast usually plays out but at least the first episode is kosher (given who's hosting the damn thing, I mean, work with me here).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Sun May 13, 2012 11:05 am

Zack is going to be at the L.A. zombie summit this Friday. http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/04/30/dead-heads-zack-snyder-robert-kirkman-lead-l-a-zombie-summit/ Supposedly he will share MOS tidbits. Last time he spoke about MOS, I think, was while promoting Sucker Punch, over a year ago, before MOS even began to shoot. I really hope he tells us more now. If he pulls out another ´´yeah I can't tell you anything, it's a super secret project``, I won't be a happy costumer. It's time MOS stops being a super secret project, because nobody will give a shit about it otherwise.

It seems to me the Avengers have momentarily increased the interest in all other comic book movies. IM3 and MOS and their stars popularity went up quite a bit on the IMDB star meter (I know that's no merit for anything, but it does show an increase interest in the IMDB search engines) and with all the DC - Marvel/ JLA-Avengers talk in the past weeks, MOS is coming up increasingly in some discussion. NOW would be a good time for SOMETHING from WB, just to remind the public that a new Superman movie is coming out. I know they think (and I admit, so did I) that anything new now would be lost in the Avengers/TDKR hype, but it now seems it would be the other way around. Besides, there is so much to be released from MOS (many character stills, Krypton shots etc), a poster and perhaps a new Superman and Zod stills wouldn't hurt any future marketing. It's also important to keep the comic book community and the fanbase happy NOT annoyed. Sigh. But why am I writing all this. It's not like WB will notice and take note.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Hopefully he will drop some nice tidbits and not some vague nothing of interest stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 13, 2012 11:19 pm

A new Zod still?

How about the FIRST Zod still???
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 1:48 pm

This is coming from that idiot FilmRetardJamie, you know, the moron who "confirmed" both that Singerman WAS getting a "squeal" and that fake Craigslist ad. So you know how to take it:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=59886

Rumblings we hear is another vital Flyby component is being used; the revelation Supes/Clark/Kal is a lost Kryptonian prince prophesied to save the world.

Is it as radical as the big stink being made about changes to Spider-Man's origins in The Amazing Spider-Man as leaked by Badass Digest? It's out there, and lazy, let's be honest throwing in the tired "Chosen One" or "Destiny" cliché. But considering how far Flyby originally deviated, it was the least egregious material Abrams cooked up (God forbid they used Supes dying and visiting his father in Kryptonian Heaven!)

Some of you might instantly cry "Bullshit!" with claims of "Christopher Nolan would never let that happen!" Well for one, Nolan's not signing the checks paying for The Man of Steel and second, while the property was in his control (and he had a blank check at his discretion) Bryan Singer agreed to incorporate stuff from earlier, unmade iterations. The sequence where Superman incinerates glass falling with his laser eyes? Directly out of Batman vs Superman.

As a friend put it, these mandates create a creative challenge for the filmmaker (As pointed out with the aforementioned BTTF, it helped the final product) and word is the studio is psyched with what Snyder has delivered.

Now, this comment below that article says it all, and the dude deserves a high-five:

AiyalKilU - 5/16/2012, 10:30 PM

I was a little interested in the news posted by nailbiter111.

And then I saw that the source was "Think Mcfly Think" yeah the same website that randomly threw out that bulls**t rumor of a Bale/Cavill Batman/Superman team up that took the web by storm but accounted to nothing.
Plus the site is run by some obese New Orleans forum admin from SHH. I wouldn't take anything from this dude's site to be news much less even "rumor" material. 75% of that clipping is opinion based. Let's not drag that site into CBM's community.

cool story bro yes?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Oh, and if it IS true, it's not too different from what 'Smallville' did. Just swapping "savior" for "conqueror".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 17, 2012 2:34 pm

I do hope its bs 9 times out of ten they have been wrong. If they went route sv did I wouldn't be to mad. But I did get a little tired of the savior/destiney thing. Why can't clark e superman on his own and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 2:37 pm

The whole thing with Supes being sent to conquer Earth was one of my favorite aspects of the show and a nice twist. Does it change his origins? Sure, maybe, but it emphasizies his desire to NOT to take part in that and redeem his heritage. Maybe it's a bit of a rip-off of Dragonball Z, but I find that angle intriguing enough that I wish it were explored more in SMALLVILLE and not retconned around Season Five. If that's what Snyder is going for, I'M ALL FOR IT.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Something else I forgot was that 'Lois & Clark' did the exact same thing too. At least as far as Kal-El being royalty.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 19 Lot11530
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Intriguing! Haven't watched LOIS & CLARK since I was a kid, so my memory is fuzzy. I'd like to revisit that show someday.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Intriguing! Haven't watched LOIS & CLARK since I was a kid, so my memory is fuzzy. I'd like to revisit that show someday.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/187-9608487-6785957?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lois+%26+clark
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Intriguing! Haven't watched LOIS & CLARK since I was a kid, so my memory is fuzzy. I'd like to revisit that show someday.
I enjoy it. It's a bit of an acquired taste but it's a pretty well-written show as far as characterization is concerned. Those showrunners and writers knew the characters very well.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 4:44 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I enjoy it. It's a bit of an acquired taste but it's a pretty well-written show as far as characterization is concerned. Those showrunners and writers knew the characters very well.

Did you miss what started the whole conversation? Question
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:I enjoy it. It's a bit of an acquired taste but it's a pretty well-written show as far as characterization is concerned. Those showrunners and writers knew the characters very well.

Did you miss what started the whole conversation? Question
Very probably. I've only had time to skim a few things here and there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:This is coming from that idiot FilmRetardJamie, you know, the moron who "confirmed" both that Singerman WAS getting a "squeal" and that fake Craigslist ad. So you know how to take it:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=59886

Rumblings we hear is another vital Flyby component is being used; the revelation Supes/Clark/Kal is a lost Kryptonian prince prophesied to save the world.

Is it as radical as the big stink being made about changes to Spider-Man's origins in The Amazing Spider-Man as leaked by Badass Digest? It's out there, and lazy, let's be honest throwing in the tired "Chosen One" or "Destiny" cliché. But considering how far Flyby originally deviated, it was the least egregious material Abrams cooked up (God forbid they used Supes dying and visiting his father in Kryptonian Heaven!)

Some of you might instantly cry "Bullshit!" with claims of "Christopher Nolan would never let that happen!" Well for one, Nolan's not signing the checks paying for The Man of Steel and second, while the property was in his control (and he had a blank check at his discretion) Bryan Singer agreed to incorporate stuff from earlier, unmade iterations. The sequence where Superman incinerates glass falling with his laser eyes? Directly out of Batman vs Superman.

As a friend put it, these mandates create a creative challenge for the filmmaker (As pointed out with the aforementioned BTTF, it helped the final product) and word is the studio is psyched with what Snyder has delivered.

Now, this comment below that article says it all, and the dude deserves a high-five:

AiyalKilU - 5/16/2012, 10:30 PM

I was a little interested in the news posted by nailbiter111.

And then I saw that the source was "Think Mcfly Think" yeah the same website that randomly threw out that bulls**t rumor of a Bale/Cavill Batman/Superman team up that took the web by storm but accounted to nothing.
Plus the site is run by some obese New Orleans forum admin from SHH. I wouldn't take anything from this dude's site to be news much less even "rumor" material. 75% of that clipping is opinion based. Let's not drag that site into CBM's community.

cool story bro yes?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Wish it were on Netflix Instant. I don't want to pay 1.99 per episode.

And just for randomness, I distinctly remember a gag where Superman takes a bomb, eats it and it explodes in his stomach. That's so goofy, there's no way I could not enjoy the show.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 pm

I seem to recall that this was indeed the plot for McG's propose "Superman" reboot as already mention in the article along with other elements like Krypton still in tact and Lex Luthor being a CIA agent and secretly being Kryptonian. So this whole thing got to be bulls**t considering that the plot was from another "Superman" reboot that has been scraped!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 1:35 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Wish it were on Netflix Instant. I don't want to pay 1.99 per episode.

Honestly, dropping $20 on an entire season is a better value.

And just for randomness, I distinctly remember a gag where Superman takes a bomb, eats it and it explodes in his stomach. That's so goofy, there's no way I could not enjoy the show.

I think that was the pilot episode, if I'm not mistaken.

He finds a bomb on a space shuttle Lois is on, and has no time to get rid of it. So he eats it.

Super-Burp follows.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri May 18, 2012 2:30 am

I'll wait for it to be available on Instant, or maybe revive that dreaded hell of Netflixing every DVD I've given up after years of plowing through Bruce Timm/Star Trek/NuBattlestar Galactica DVDs.

I rarely do blind purchases.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 18, 2012 3:05 am

There are other methods of online distribution. If you catch my drift.

As to the prophesied Kryptonian prince thing... don't really buy it. And I'd probably say that even if it wasn't FilmDipshitJamie reporting it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 9:35 am

Ya I believe you can watch the show on thewb.com website, plus the whole series is out on dvd and I am sure you can get it for a cheap price. I got first two seasons for myself. Now for flyby stuff as much as I don't really want prince/savoir thing I am not to adverse on I. I just hope other stuff like a civial war and krypton isn't gone isn't in mos. That type of change I just don't want.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Apparently FilmRetardJamie has absolutely NO "source" for this story. Want to know how his fat ass came to this "conclusion"?

Because there are no trunks on the costume, just like in the 'FlyBy' script.

Yeah.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Lol go figure huh
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Apparently FilmRetardJamie has absolutely NO "source" for this story. Want to know how his fat ass came to this "conclusion"?

Because there are no trunks on the costume, just like in the 'FlyBy' script.

Yeah.

Y'know, if we were talking about anybody else, I'd probably doubt you. But since it's FilmWannabeJamie...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next