Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 30 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 30 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Well this sucks for australian/nz fans:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=11652
"A representative from Event Cinemas has informed the Superman Homepage that the teaser trailer for "Man of Steel" will NOT screen in front of "The Dark Knight Rises" screenings until 2.00pm Friday, July 20 due to Warner Bros. wanting it to be a worldwide release in conjunction with the USA release."

The people that will be most affected by this news are moviegoers in countries like Australia, New Zealand and a few others that have openings on Thursday July 19th. Also anyone that is attending an early screening of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20th will also be out of luck. Bummer dude!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Saw the captured footage, unfortunately in the size of pinky. Can't wait to see the whole thing on screen.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:BTW I just discover some similarities between the teas... I mean, Comic-Con poster and a fan-made one by Medusone from Deviantart.com.

Check it out...

We Need Some Movie News - Page 30 After_all_____2_by_medusone-d57f26m

Some minds do think alike huh?

Nah, that moron used the Singerman shield.

So it's is fail.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Nah, that moron used the Singerman shield.

So it's is fail.
It's tough to be sure but, um, did that guy use BJ The Bartender as a sort of rough outline or foundation for the character's facial features? The nose and the brow make me wonder.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:21 am

thecolorsblend wrote:It's tough to be sure but, um, did that guy use BJ The Bartender as a sort of rough outline or foundation for the character's facial features? The nose and the brow make me wonder.

Something tells me the "creator" was a BJ Apologist. So probably.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Edit non posted in getting props thread.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Webhead, I posted about the same thing over in the 'Props' thread. I thought about posting it here but decided to post it there, i.e., Comic Book Dude is talking about 'giving props' to MOS, i.e., 'getting the word out there' so I guess I felt like a really cool fight description would definitely help 'promote' it.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Ya didn't see that thread before I posted here. Was about to delete comment after I made post there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:But from what you could see, the flying is going to absolutely DESTROY "Puppet BJ"
thecolorsblend wrote:I don't remember that ever being in question. But you are correct, of course.
Apologist Puncher wrote:Visual confirmation is finally available though.
Again, this was never in dispute. But now that we've seen the teaser in decent quality, yeah, the flying effects will obviously blow away anything and everything from Singerman. Count on Snyder to get fine details like this right.

Overall, I don't have all that many complaints about the way things are shaping up with MOS. Definitely going in the right direction.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:25 pm

I too really like how real and fluid the flying looks. Really can't wait to see how super breath/freeze breath, and vision powers look on screen.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:28 am

Metallo rumor:
http://www.supermansupersite.com/0806241.html
August 6, 2012: Could "Man of Steel" Feature an Appearance of Metallo?

by Neil Cole

Ever since photos surfaced several months ago from Plano, IL of an actor wearing a CGI suit standing alongside actress Antje Traue's character, Faora on the "Smallville" set of "Man of Steel", fans have wondered who the mysterious character may turn out to be.

According to a recent update on IMDB, it may be none other than the villian Metallo.

In the IMDB full-cast listing for "Man of Steel", former "Battlestar Galactica" star Tahmoh Penikett was originally listed as playing a character in the Zack Synder Superman reboot by the name of Emerson. That has now been updated to show that Penikett is actually playing a character named Henry Ackerdson.

What is interesting about the Ackerdson character is that he was previously featured, if only briefly, in the 2012 Warner Home Video animated feature-film, "Justice League: Doom." In the film, Ackerdson is shown as a recently fired White House journalist who is about to commit suicide by jumping off the roof of the Daily Planet building. When Superman arrives to talk him out of it, Ackerdson reveals himself to actually be Metallo in disguise who promptly shoots the Man of Steel with a Kryptonite bullet.

A CGI suit would almost certainly need to be used in order to create a proper rendition of Metallo for the big screen. For the time being however, it remains to be seen if the Henry Ackerdson character in "Man of Steel" will indeed be based upon the one from "Justice League: Doom".

"Man of Steel" stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni and Russell Crowe.

The film opens nationwide on June 14, 2013.
As much as I do want metallo I doubt this is true. My guess is still the mocap dude was either stunt guy for the fully armored general zod suit we heard of, or more likely some phantom zone/krypton beast.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 am

The more villains, the better... esp if we've not seen them in movies before. But using IMDB as a source has a pretty lousy track record...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:54 am

i too am all for new/more villains but i rather metallo be his own film or at least metallo and lex film. But ya since they got there info from imdb its probably not true.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:55 pm

We Need Some Movie News - Page 30 Nope204
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Metallo has probably as much of a chance in this film as Lex Luthor does. Actually Luthor should stand a better chance but there's been no official confirmation of his character! I guess they're pulling a 'Begins' & saving him for the sequel. I know, I know, the fan base is sick to death of Luthor, unless it's SMALLVILLE that is, in which case they love him. However, let me point out that with MOS's obvious 'Smallville influences' could Luthor really not be far off? But it doesn't appear that he & Clark are gonna be childhood friends like in the TV series.

Luthorcorp or some such may be shown in the film about like Oscorp was in the Spiderman reboot. As for Metallo, I don't think he could carry an entire film by himself. That's why you'd need someone else like Luthor. Personally though I want BRAINIAC for the sequel. Use Luthor & Metallo too, whatever, but let Brainiac be the main villain. And puh-llleeeaaazzzzee, be faithful to the source material & by that, I prefer that he not even be Kryptonian. What's wrong with the Colu version? But please don't go with the Smallville version. Not bashing on that necessarily, the dude did an awesome acting job but the whole 'liquid metal Terminator' thing would be perceived as a ripoff by the audience.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 am

We don't need to see lex here. But lexcorp building in skyline, and arrticles in the planet is all I hope for with maybe some name drops.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 am

I loved the 80's and 90's Lexcorp building. It was basically a glass tower shaped like an L. If that's the version they were to use... man oh man, that'd be awesome.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 30 35037
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 am

I remember SR in its early stages with Lex Luthor being the corporate mogul basically turning the world against Superman and becoming the new hero during his five year absence, before Singer opted to just ape Donner thus go straight back to that land obsessed Luthor (hence the tacked on bit about him swindling that old rich lady to explain where he got that money, yacht and mansion). Shame.

I was hoping we'd finally get the corporate Luthor with this entry, but like Jameson in the Spider-Man reboot, he seems to be missing in action.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 am

James Stocks wrote:I remember SR in its early stages with Lex Luthor being the corporate mogul basically turning the world against Superman and becoming the new hero during his five year absence, before Singer opted to just ape Donner thus go straight back to that land obsessed Luthor (hence the tacked on bit about him swindling that old rich lady to explain where he got that money, yacht and mansion). Shame.

I was hoping we'd finally get the corporate Luthor with this entry, but like Jameson in the Spider-Man reboot, he seems to be missing in action.
Part of me wouldn't mind seeing the mad scientist version of Lex for once. Unless you count Lyle Talbot back in the 40's, we've never really had that. Usually, Lex is anything and everything else. Meanwhile, corporate Lex has been done in spades on TV.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:40 am

James as much as we like to see lex orr in asm case jjj/bugle we don't need to see them in first new entry. Its like comics they where not there right off the bat. They took awhile to be there. And asm sequel can easily have jjj in and same with lex. And since we have planet in mos easy to have a few headlines about lexcorp or lex himself or lois/perry name dropping lex and stuff like that. Plus throw in some random chicago/vancouver building and slap a lexcorp logo on it is all we need. So we build up the character in the background for his big reveal in sequel. Or for all we know maybe we will have a lex cameo at end.

As for lex I would perfer myself to see evil corp lex on the big screen. Mad scientist would be fun too. And hell take the best of both and have him be scientist and corp guy. And then we can have it be he started as a scientist, took his genius/inventions and made his own company. Rise in power ie mayor of metrropolis or do presient thing. And then his fall from grace. That be fun to see.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:16 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Part of me wouldn't mind seeing the mad scientist version of Lex for once. Unless you count Lyle Talbot back in the 40's, we've never really had that. Usually, Lex is anything and everything else. Meanwhile, corporate Lex has been done in spades on TV.

Don't hold your breath....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Don't hold your breath....
Oh believe me, I'm well aware that when Lex inevitably comes along, he'll be the corporate version. We live in an Occupy Everything Except What Counts country so he'll be there for that reason alone. Allz I'm saying is if we were talking about MY Superman film, rest assured Lex would be a renegade scientist.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:30 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Oh believe me, I'm well aware that when Lex inevitably comes along, he'll be the corporate version. We live in an Occupy Everything Except What Counts country so he'll be there for that reason alone. Allz I'm saying is if we were talking about MY Superman film, rest assured Lex would be a renegade scientist.

I think it's the "mad" part that loses people. When you say "mad scientist", people usually see this:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 30 Mad-scientist-300x295

And that will do a Superman movie no good.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:34 pm

I still like my idea of rise and fall of power with lex. So we get corp lex and like I said above he started lexcorp cause of his genuis and science background and we see him craving more and more power. Which leads to his fall. Then maybe if we see his fall can have him turrn crrazy mad scientist.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Boy, the Bros. Warner made sure to slam the brakes on ANY forward-momentum this film built up after the trailer was released, didn't they?

We Need Some Movie News - Page 30 Skeleton-at-desk
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 42  Next