Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 31 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:45 am

We really need to lend our hand on promoting the film ourselves somehow since the execs of the WB studio dosen't seen to have any ideas on how to promote the film with all the resources they have at their disposal!

If we can start a campaign for a "Superman" reboot to be greenlighted then I'm damn sure we can find someway to promote this film if by all means the WB studio isn't going to bother!

Like the old saying... If you want something done right, might as well do it yourself!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:We really need to lend our hand on promoting the film ourselves somehow since the execs of the WB studio dosen't seen to have any ideas on how to promote the film with all the resources they have at their disposal!

If we can start a campaign for a "Superman" reboot to be greenlighted then I'm damn sure we can find someway to promote this film if by all means the WB studio isn't going to bother!

Like the old saying... If you want something done right, might as well do it yourself!
You're right, we should cut our own trailers and put them on TV.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:58 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:We really need to lend our hand on promoting the film ourselves somehow since the execs of the WB studio dosen't seen to have any ideas on how to promote the film with all the resources they have at their disposal!

An online campaign would no doubt be the way to go. Maybe if the fanbase can come together instead of infighting then maybe this could be promoted online to the hilt! I know that includes manipulated images & videos. But someone has to do something. I just can't figure out what motivates duh brothers! Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Boy, the Bros. Warner made sure to slam the brakes on ANY forward-momentum this film built up after the trailer was released, didn't they?

We Need Some Movie News - Page 31 Skeleton-at-desk

Although not identical, that image reminds me of a story arc from the original Dark Shadows TV series. At the moment Barnabas was cured from being a vampire. However, Collinwood was being haunted by the ghost of Quentin Collins as played by David Selby. His character became very popular back then! Even his theme music was a hit single if I remember correctly. Anyway, they discovered his remains in a secret room covered in cobwebs kinda like that pic. Anyway, off the subject I know.

But your meaning relating to MOS was not lost on me. I too felt like posting something questioning what's going on now since the release of TDKR. Is it about time for the tumbleweed to make a triumphant reappearance or what?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:10 pm

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

An online campaign would no doubt be the way to go. Maybe if the fanbase can come together instead of infighting then maybe this could be promoted online to the hilt! I know that includes manipulated images & videos. But someone has to do something. I just can't figure out what motivates duh brothers! Frustration

Here's the problem with this idea though:

The only pictures we have, save one, are behind-the-scenes one's.

Seriously, what can people do to truly represent what the film is going to look like if we don't know the look they are going for? We don't know how the suit will look when it's color-corrected, not even using the "official" pic as a guideline. Maybe they decided to go another route, since they have so much time to tinker? Do you REALLY want people putting stuff out that makes the film look BAD to the general public? I know I don't.

We are now 10 months away from 'Man Of Steel' being released. A few publicity stills ain't going to do any harm at this point. In fact, it can only help. Let those of us who have fought hard against Singerman have some ammunition to shut those last few remaining Apologists up.

You're blowing it, Bros. Warner. Use your brains.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 pm

You are right ap we don't have much to go with besides the official pic/poster, and official trailers. It will be great to get some dam official stills from the film or the dam photoshoots we know cast did months ago out by now. It blows a lot that wb is playing the waiting card.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 am

Hey now guys, you are being totally unfair to WB!

If you stroll over to the Man of Steel official FB page, you can see that there has been lot's of news and advanced, highly sophisticated marketing in motion recently!!

You can click a link to another site and read what Cavill said recently about MOS. Im sure it will be new to you as nobody involved with the movie has said anything quite like that! It's quite amazing news really.

There is also a neat EXCLUSIVE (!!!) sticker (digital, because who wants a real sticker sent to them for free to stick on things, that's so last century!) that you can get.

And not to mention you can VOTE on a poll, and answer wich trailer you prefer. That way, your voice will be heard to the WB, because your opinion MATTERS! There is also a neutral option of ´´Both are equally awesome`` - added there by director Zack Snyder himself, as evident by the use of the word AWESOME.

So, I bet all of you criticizing WB for supposedly not doing anything to promote the film really feel like a bunch of ignorant and self entitled pricks right about now, don't you?!
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:07 am

Sure therre is official fb page and all. Its more that some herre want to see more then little stuff like that right now. Then as I said before get overloaded with things with like 4 months before release. Since production wrapped to comic con/tdkr we could have easily started more things going. Where as right now there really haven't been much to go by. Besides cavill/shannon making some small comments and the two teasers, and alf as you said a digital sticker. That isn't much to marketing. And with how important this film is. We need to push the film big. So wb has a better shot at getting fans/general audiences to see it in droves.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 am

webhead2006 wrote:Sure therre is official fb page and all. Its more that some herre want to see more then little stuff like that right now.

Wait, you took my post seriously??? I must have failed at sarcasm then...or you at the detection of it! Very Happy

But I honestly do have a feeling that we'll get no proper news until December. Then we'll get a new trailer that will probably be a damn near replica of the Comic-Con teaser and about half a dozen of stills. Maybe a new poster. And then we'll get nothing again for about 3-4 months, after that another new trailer and in the last month leading up to the film, we will see every single action piece of the film and most of the important plot lines in the dozen TV spots and we'll also get about 30 new pictures. I hope im wrong, buuuut, I wouldn't count on it.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:26 am

No no alf I got what you where saying. I was just belating how we all hate how things are going no where with news. I too don't expect more to dec either with full trailer released with the hobbit. Then between jan to release in june mag articles, officials stills released. Then hopefully the actors making the rounds at p the various talk shows. To maybe have some do snl or something. Just we could have gotten more between end of filming to now then just one official photo, and posters, and the teaser. Since. At least photos wise we know cast did a bunch of photo shoots months back. So why wait on giving us some stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Here, let me show you why what the Bros. Warner are doing is so exceedingly STUPID:

'Monsters University' comes out in NOVEMBER, 2013. It had a teaser trailer out BEFORE 'MOS'. It also now has THREE posters available:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 31 Monsters-University-3D1

We Need Some Movie News - Page 31 Monsters-university

We Need Some Movie News - Page 31 Monsters-university-poster

And this movie comes out FIVE MONTHS AFTER 'MOS'! It's just head-scratching that they think they can promote this like all their other tent-poles.

Singerman Stink is REAL, and it is permeating this film until they show us otherwise.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:40 am

Now THAT is pathetic.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 am

Do duh brothers not even believe in their own product?! I mean, this is about as far away from Singerman as you can get! Sure, we've seen limited footage, etc., but from what we have seen, Henry Cavill appears to rock Superman! And besides, you've got an all-star cast with Michael Shannon playing Zod! Snyder & company believe even if duh brothers don't. Could duh Siegel parasites really have put that bad a taste in their mouths for all things Superman?! Proud
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:18 am

I would hope they believe in the film. But the way things are right now it doesn't look that way. Though on other hand wb could be taking time since they want to do things right. But with how wb has been not a lot of faith there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:37 am

Not to make excuses or anything but since "Monsters University" is a prequel to one of Pixars recent films "Monsters Inc." I think it's quite obvious it'll get some form of publicity at the earliest before the date of it's release but then again you also have a film like "Pacific Rim" and like MOS not only it's also schedule to be release next year during the summer but also treated the public with only a few scenes & set photos and a few posters but unlike MOS there is no trailer or preview footages from the film whats-so-ever.

But never the less it is indeed inexcusable to put MOS out of the public radar for only god knows for how long! Definitly unprofessional on the part of the WB studio, of course MOS is not the only film that has fallen victim to this issue!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 am

thecolorsblend wrote:...

Now THAT is pathetic.

Yes. Yes it is.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:39 am

Even though this may not be much news but according to an article over at Comicbookmovie.com there's seem to be some concept descriptions for MOS involving the Kryptonian wardrobes specifically worn by Clark Kent/Kal-El, Jor-El, Faora & Zod. There's also mentioning about something called a Black Zone which very well could be what we all known from the comics and in the media as the Phantom Zone but why is it called the Black Zone is beyond me!

Illustrated by WaylonJones:

Spoiler:

Along with this info the poster gave some details about what General Zod's suit looks like. "From the picture that i saw, definitely dark, the same color with Faora's which is black," he describes. He also said that Zod's cape is normal on Krypton but torn and ravaged on earth. He also has a helmet that he wears that the user said looks like a combination of Stormtrooper and Engineer's helmet breathing apparatus from Prometheus. As far as Zod's crest you can expect it to have the same outer shape as the El's shield Jor-El's, the inside is swirls and basically it looks like a fat C shaped but facing the other way around.

Along with Zod's suit there is a was a piece of concept art of the Black Zone floating over alien terrain that the user believed to be Krypton. To bring this visual to life he said that it looked like a mixture of Deathstar surface and Hades landscape of Blade Runner.

You can read the full article here... http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=67144

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put Spoilers IN Spoiler Tags, Genius.)
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Like I told webhead, you BETTER start using spoiler tags.

Consider this a warning for you too.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:19 am

As cool as most of that stuff sounds... is it sad that this is the biggest movie news we've gotten since freaking JULY?!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Saw the spoiler the other day. Sounds like some interesting stuff. Can't wait to see it in the film. And if of course these concept arrt make there way online.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:54 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:As cool as most of that stuff sounds... is it sad that this is the biggest movie news we've gotten since freaking JULY?!

And it DIDN'T come from the Bros. Warner either.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 pm

More non-news? Your guess is as good as mine!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172811-is-there-a-secret-villain-in-man-of-steel

Is There a Secret Villain in Man of Steel?

by Spencer Perry
September 21, 2012

Few details are really known about Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel except that it of course has Superman and that he will be fighting General Zod in the film. But what if there was a secret villain in the film that no one had mentioned? The cat might be out of the bag now.

Screen Crush (via Brickset) has found something very interesting in an upcoming LEGO set. A list of soon to be released DC and Marvel LEGO tie-ins has come up and at the bottom you will find an interesting addition:
76000 Arctic Batman vs. Mr.Freeze – Aquaman on Ice
76001 Batman vs. Bane – Chase with Tumbler
76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown
76003 Superman Battle of Smallville
76004 Spider-Man – Hunting with Spider-Cycle
76005 Spider-Man – Mission at Daily Bugle
76006 Iron Man Extremis
76007 Iron Man Malibu Mansion
76008 Iron Man vs Mandarin
76009 Superman Black Zero Escape

Since most of these sets are somehow tied into the upcoming and previously released films of these respective characters, it stands to reason that Black Zero will appear in Man of Steel. Why else would such a random character be chosen for a LEGO set?

Black Zero first appeared in a Superman comic titled "The Man Who Destroyed Krypton," wherein he revealed to Superman that he was paid to destroy his home planet of Krypton. Will the character make the leap to the big screen for the new film? Or was this simply a creative choice by LEGO because they're big fans of the character? Time will tell, but check back here for any more updates.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. Amy Adams stars as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

There's a pic there but it's not saved to my computer even though I tried. Anyway, since this is a 'toy tie-in', could there be anything to this speculation? Incidentally I know nothing about this character except what I just posted.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Heard about this but my gut tells me that extra character that is featured in the upcoming MOS Lego toy line is probably non-canon and is only there as a part of the set!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 am

News to me. But I rather like Black Zero so this works fine for me. I really appreciate that this movie is striving to give us something new and fresh as much as possible.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next