Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 17 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:22 am

Found this at Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

Photo from Super Fan Ron Zaguli. "Ms. Barrett is a very successful stunt person who regularly doubles for Robin Tunney on the Mentalist - one of my favorite shows on right now. The real excitement came after the show when I had a chance to take this picture with Helen and talk to her about her other big role - doubling for Lois Lane herself, Amy Adams in Man of Steel. Helen was incredibly positive about the job Henry did as both Clark and Superman and she wanted fans to know that even though the suit is a little different than the classic representation, it looks amazing on him and really updates the look without losing the classic roots - she thought the colors were perfect! Ms. Barrett's enthusiasm for her role in Waterworld and for Man of Steel was really on display."
Thanks to Ms. Barrett for sharing her enthusiasm for Ron for sharing this special moment with us! ~ Leslie

We Need Some Movie News - Page 17 Man_of10

So is what she's saying is that the trunks will not be in this film at all?! Not even in post?! Hmmmmm! Well, at least it sounds like Cavill appears to be awesome but that just got away with me.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:35 am

non_amos wrote:We Need Some Movie News - Page 17 Man_of10

So is what she's saying is that the trunks will not be in this film at all?! Not even in post?! Hmmmmm! Well, at least it sounds like Cavill appears to be awesome but that just got away with me.
Wow, would you look at... um, that stunt double! Those are unreal... Shocked

As for the trunks, and this may sound like an Apologist argument so forgive me, but let's say they're nowhere to be found in MOS. Well, in the event that it gets a sequel... well, we can hope. Right?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:51 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:We Need Some Movie News - Page 17 Man_of10

Wow, would you look at... um, that stunt double! Those are unreal... Shocked

As for the trunks, and this may sound like an Apologist argument so forgive me, but let's say they're nowhere to be found in MOS. Well, in the event that it gets a sequel... well, we can hope. Right?

Yeah, hopefully DC settles all this lawsuit crap, some kind of resolution, so then they go back to the trunks full-time. Have some logical functional reason for it too. Not simply the 'why does Superman wear his underwear on the outside?' argument that duh general public always throws out there. Call it jock support like a baseball player or something but justify it however they do it. And who knows? If the legal mess is straightened out, maybe that's what we'll get anyway.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 am

Nice find there on amy's stunt double. As for trunks deal yes it sucks they are gone, I do hope for post. But if in the end if no trunks is the only bad mark on film I won't be totally mad. Like you guys said we can always hope for sequel, or if the dam legal stuff gets settled.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 pm

I might be wrong but I don't believe Amy Adams is that *ahem*, 'stacked', if you will. Hopefully though I'm wrong. Wink

Also, I hate to say what it is but when I saw this chick's face (yes & looked there too) the first thing I thought of was MARGOT KIDDER. No, I'm not saying she's a 'dead-ringer' but there's something with that facial expression that just said that to me & the fact that she's the stunt-double of the actress playing Lois Lane I suppose drove that point home.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Wow, would you look at... um, that stunt double! Those are unreal... Shocked

If that is all her, ample indeed...

Honestly, I have pretty much resigned myself to the trunks being gone in this film and any potential sequels. I'm just ready for them to show us SOMETHING. 7 months of nothing official is uncalled for, and quite perplexing....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Right now, Avengers and Spider-Man (in that order) seem to be what everyone is talking about. I suppose one could argue that keeping Superman under lock and key until the TDKRises premiere is the strategy. And it may even be a good one.

But this is starting to remind me of a Presidential election (not this current one but I mean generally). You need to get your base onboard with whatever you're up to and, from there, you build awareness and support among the general public. The two paradigms aren't incredibly dissimilar in that respect. Which, as you say, makes you wonder why WB isn't doing a bit more to get out in front of this thing and get fanbase onboard (a necessity given how Singerman polarized the core fans). And my only theory there is that many of them still fear another Singerman, which had production diaries, occasional official releases of minor concept sketches (Singerman floating above the planet), and all that jazz.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Right now, Avengers and Spider-Man (in that order) seem to be what everyone is talking about. I suppose one could argue that keeping Superman under lock and key until the TDKRises premiere is the strategy. And it may even be a good one.

Footage and trailer-wise, I agree. But images of just Superman ALONE wouldn't be a big deal.

We've seen him already.

But this is starting to remind me of a Presidential election (not this current one but I mean generally). You need to get your base onboard with whatever you're up to and, from there, you build awareness and support among the general public. The two paradigms aren't incredibly dissimilar in that respect. Which, as you say, makes you wonder why WB isn't doing a bit more to get out in front of this thing and get fanbase onboard (a necessity given how Singerman polarized the core fans). And my only theory there is that many of them still fear another Singerman, which had production diaries, occasional official releases of minor concept sketches (Singerman floating above the planet), and all that jazz.

They don't need to over-saturate us with shit like BS did. But absolutely ZERO in 7 months?

This I can't understand.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:41 am

Don't really know what this is supposed to mean:

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

EXCELLENT discussion tonight on Radio KAL Live w/ @JeffTrexler about the current legal situation regarding Superman. Steve Younis of Superman Homepage will have the audio available soon of it. I highly recommend it... it clears up a LOT of questions fans have asked and gets to the heart of what it is really about. Breathe easy fans...( DC Movies! )

So what is it really all about dude? Did we jump to conclusions about duh parasite heirs or what? Puh-leeeaaazzzeee clear up the confusion for us. And it's about time Eunuch got his name in the publicity for this film somewhere. I'm sure he was having panic attacks. And why can we breathe easy anyway? If anyone finds this audio please let us know.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:50 am

non_amos wrote:So what is it really all about dude? Did we jump to conclusions about duh parasite heirs or what? Puh-leeeaaazzzeee clear up the confusion for us. And it's about time Eunuch got his name in the publicity for this film somewhere. I'm sure he was having panic attacks. And why can we breathe easy anyway? If anyone finds this audio please let us know.
I don't usually give the Eunuch the slightest bit of credibility (unless I can verify what he's saying someplace else; yeah, things have gotten that fucking bad since 2007) but if he has someone with some type of real legal training up there or perhaps a lawyer/paralegal with intimate knowledge of the case and can explain in layman's terms what the hell is going on... yeah, I'll probably give it a listen. Doesn't seem like the Eunuch has uploaded it just yet though. This would be worth digging into though, if you ask me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 am

If it is something good on the legal stuff would like to hear it. But couldn't he though end up just saying some crap.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Hey AP, I see on the forum that the tumbleweed is back & this time apparently in a ghost town. Is it really that dry again?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:12 pm

non_amos wrote:Hey AP, I see on the forum that the tumbleweed is back & this time apparently in a ghost town. Is it really that dry again?
When was the last time we had something substantive break? Hell, you could argue there's been more Smallville shit going on lately than there has been MOS... and Smallville's been off the air for almost a year! This needs to change and FAST. If TDKRises is just the beginning of WB priming the pump for MOS, they'll have 18 months to build awareness and emphasize that this is an entirely new deal. That's not a good amount of time to make the case but dammit THEY HAVE GOT TO START MAKING THE CASE! You dig? I understand if Singerman made them gun shy, believe me I understand, but they've committed, what, $150 million (or more?) to this thing and they've got to see it through to the end. Pussyfooting around isn't going to help anybody with anything.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Yeah, you're right. They need to present Superman in such a light to the general public that comes across as Superman & not Singerman. I know I've said it repeatedly but it's so true, THE INCREDIBLE HULK is a really good film but apparently the public couldn't get past the imagery of Ang Lee's debacle. Likewise, to use that analogy, if WB doesn't really get on board here, duh public could possibly go into this thinking it's the sequel to Singerman Peeps. Not good! At the very least, the teaser trailer with TDKR needs to blow us away! In some way.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:35 pm

non_amos wrote:Yeah, you're right. They need to present Superman in such a light to the general public that comes across as Superman & not Singerman. I know I've said it repeatedly but it's so true, THE INCREDIBLE HULK is a really good film but apparently the public couldn't get past the imagery of Ang Lee's debacle. Likewise, to use that analogy, if WB doesn't really get on board here, duh public could possibly go into this thinking it's the sequel to Singerman Peeps. Not good! At the very least, the teaser trailer with TDKR needs to blow us away! In some way.
Ya know what? I'm prepared to argue that Incredible Hulk was a success in general terms, if not necessarily a box office hit. For one, it established Hulk the way the Ang Lee thing should have; a rage-fueled beast who pounds the fuck out of things. You can put in as much "character development" as you want but, in the end, it all has to go back to "Hulk smash". Or else wtf are we doing here? TIH did this successfully.

Number two, it needed to set up the concept of a shared universe as part of the Avengers build up. Again, TIH did this successfully.

Number three, it needed to better than Ang Lee's version (which was about as exciting as watching paint dry in several sequences). TIH did this successfully too.

Number four, and this can't be avoided, you could argue that TIH shows the best comic book-inspired fist fight we've ever seen in live action. Ever. As much as I dig on Superman II, they sure threw bunches of projectiles and did a lot of sissy-mary kicking in the Metropolis fight. If ever there was a Superman movie that called for good old fashioned John Wayne-style fisticuffs, this was it. And don't tell me Superman can't do it. Motherfucker grew up in the country, he probably knows how to dole out an ass-kicking. But did we ever see that? Oh, nooooooo...

I'm not a big Hulk fan by any stretch but there's just no arguing that TIH didn't do most of what it set out to do.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:02 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

I'm not a big Hulk fan by any stretch but there's just no arguing that TIH didn't do most of what it set out to do.

And I guess that's my point about Superman. THE MAN OF STEEL needs to reestablish the franchise in the public consciousness, just like Christopher Reeve did back in the 70's & 80's. Until then people couldn't get past George Reeves & that is not meant as a slight to GR. However, something needed to be done to make Superman relevant again to that generation. And succeed he did in spades! But now something needs to be done for this present time.

The Incredible Hulk was a hit on network TV with Bill Bixby & Lou Feriggno. Yeah, & it sunk into the public consciousness too. Even until this very day. And you see, Gale Ann Hurd, one of the producers & ex-wife to James Cameron, really wanted to make a big-budget Hulk film. Enter Ang Lee as director. He obviously had his own ideas of how the Hulk should be. WRONG! He had the perfect opportunity to have made the Hulk relevant again but he dropped the ball. So then when TIH comes along, I think some people missed the boat. A similar thing could've almost happened with BATMAN BEGINS but then the DVD was a smash hit & we know the rest. Sometimes people come to realization after the fact.

But look at Superman. The film franchise had been in 'development hell' forever-and-a-day. Well, SMALLVILLE comes along with, not quite Superman but the next best thing, right? It's also a hit! So SV should've 'primed the pump' so to speak for the next SUPERMAN FILM. Bryan Singerman, just like Ang Lee, had the perfect opportunity to have reestablished the film franchise. As a matter of fact, if he had done it right, I doubt any of us would've ever even conversed because it was his dropping the ball that drove us to the anti-Singerman blogs.

Anyway, here's hoping that Snyder & company will do something to alter public perception before June 2013. So that the film doesn't suffer like the previously mentioned ones did. I'd hate to know that MOS was a really good film but that that fact had to be discovered with the DVD & Blu-Ray release.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:00 am

non_amos wrote:And I guess that's my point about Superman. THE MAN OF STEEL needs to reestablish the franchise in the public consciousness, just like Christopher Reeve did back in the 70's & 80's. Until then people couldn't get past George Reeves & that is not meant as a slight to GR. However, something needed to be done to make Superman relevant again to that generation. And succeed he did in spades! But now something needs to be done for this present time.
And that leads into a kind of obvious pet peeve of mine. When douchewad idiots say "oh man, you CAN'T replace the Williams theme, it's just too associated with Superman", I want to hit them a blunt, heavy object. We've SEEN what slavish devotion to Donner hath wrought (post-Infinite Crisis comics and Singerman). Starting from about season 6 though, Smallville developed a Superman theme of its own. You heard it more and more regularly throughout the run of the series. It was really used in season 10. If you're drawing a blank on the musical cue I'm talking about, flip on the finale and skip ahead to the moment where Clark puts on The Suit and flies out of the Fortress. There's a big, soaring and iconic hero theme firing underneath that flying sequence, and it's not the Williams theme. And yet, that hero theme serves the tone of SV very nicely. Better, I would argue, than the Williams has or ever could. Why? Because the Williams theme was developed for STM. It works great in that universe. Something about it SCREAMS the STM/Reeve version of Superman to me. But Superman in general? Well, I think SV is proof that the Williams theme isn't appropriate for Superman always and forever.

Here's another thing. I often read comics (esp Superman comics) with scores going in the background. As far as Superman is concerned... not everything gels well with the Williams theme (All-Star Superman, the John Byrne/Post-Crisis era, the Golden Age, etc). In fact, the only thing that the Williams thing really works well for is the Bronze Age material (and, surprise surprise, that's where, first, the Salkinds and Puzo and, later, Donner mined most of their inspiration!). When you see video comps with STAS, L&C, Fleischer and other versions coupled with the Williams theme, it may (or, God knows, may not!) be effective but nothing suits those versions quite like their native main themes. Those other media used a non-Williams theme FOR A REASON.

Therefore, and this is the point, this tendency to want to force the Williams theme onto everything simply. Doesn't. Work. Yeah, it's heresy, I know that but this isn't the first time I've taken an unpopular stance on something. I'm not saying the Williams theme sucks (I'd never make that claim), I'm just arguing that it'd be wonderful if fans could get past their preconceptions for once.

Here's a shocking idea that I'll stand by until my dying day: if the Internet had existed back in 1978, STM would've broken that motherfucker in half. "Where's Superboy", "fuck Superboy, WHERE'S THE LEGION!?!?!", "wtf happened to the Fortress?!", "Why did only Jonathan die?!", "who's brilliant fucking idea was it to move Smallville over to Kansas?!?!", the list just goes on. And yeah, as you say, there likely would've been a backlash against the Williams hero march for being completely different from the George Reeves/AOS theme.

And I regard the Williams music (brilliant as it is) as a microcosm of fandom's tendency to want to essentially remake STM. As I said, (A) Bryan Singer half-ass did just that and look how that turned out (B) Superman is perfectly capable of supporting a new interpretation as long as it honors the core of the character and (C) ignoring A and B has a clear and demonstrable history of failure. I'm glad they have fond memories of STM from their childhoods but it's long past time to LET IT THE FUCK GO.

The Incredible Hulk was a hit on network TV with Bill Bixby & Lou Feriggno. Yeah, & it sunk into the public consciousness too. Even until this very day. And you see, Gale Ann Hurd, one of the producers & ex-wife to James Cameron, really wanted to make a big-budget Hulk film. Enter Ang Lee as director. He obviously had his own ideas of how the Hulk should be. WRONG! He had the perfect opportunity to have made the Hulk relevant again but he dropped the ball. So then when TIH comes along, I think some people missed the boat. A similar thing could've almost happened with BATMAN BEGINS but then the DVD was a smash hit & we know the rest. Sometimes people come to realization after the fact.
Even though it's not really my brand of vodka, I'm willing to cut Begins a lot of slack. Nolan had to go up his own ass in order to differentiate himself from what came before to sell the notion of a reboot (a fairly new idea to filmgoers at the time, don't forget), and that specifically to overcome the ghost of Batman & Robin (which a lot of filmgoers remembered even then).

But look at Superman. The film franchise had been in 'development hell' forever-and-a-day. Well, SMALLVILLE comes along with, not quite Superman but the next best thing, right? It's also a hit! So SV should've 'primed the pump' so to speak for the next SUPERMAN FILM. Bryan Singerman, just like Ang Lee, had the perfect opportunity to have reestablished the film franchise. As a matter of fact, if he had done it right, I doubt any of us would've ever even conversed because it was his dropping the ball that drove us to the anti-Singerman blogs.
Dude, don't even get me started on that. Think about what Singer had going for him for just a second. The public had LONG forgotten about Superman IV, the Superboy series had much higher ratings than it gets credit for today, Doomsday had made Superman a national news item for the first time in a long time, L&C had shown the country that it was possible to move on from Chris Reeve and it was generally well regarded, the comics had made news again by marrying Clark and Lois at the same time as L&C, STAS and then JLU came along for the kiddos, the Reeve films all came out on DVD to much hype and fanfare and, oh yeah, Smallville too.

Think about that. Just how many filmmakers can you think of go into any project with that kind of good will going for them? On top of that, Singer had basically unlimited creative freedom and pretty much a blank check from WB.

Here's a hint- JJ Abrams probably would've given his left nut for half of those advantages when he was headed into Star Trek.

It's sometimes easy to forget just how much credibility and good will Bryan Singer completely shat all over until you start looking at the history and the facts of the thing. Apologists love to overlook all of the above because it makes them uncomfortable. "It made $391 million!!!" The simple fact of the matter though is that any new Superman movie released around 2006 should've easily done double the business Singerman did. At this point, my only conclusion can be that just the name "Superman" and nothing else is good for $200 million in domestic box office returns because God knows there's nothing else about that wretched abortion of a shitty movie you can point at to explain even those relatively paltry numbers.

I FUCKING HATE SINGERMAN!!

Oy, I need a drink...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 am

On the theme topic, as much as I do like williams score we don't need it here. If anything they could do what jj trek did. New theme at start of film. Then place classic theme in closing credits. But this is a new take/new vision. It should have its own theme. Now as for press, hopefully wb will be getting on the ball with mag spreads, trailers and all the other stuff like viral games,event stuff. So they can show the general audience this is a new, better superman. Not the same old crap singer was trying to do with sr.

In other news cbm had a article coming from imdb/cosmicbooknews site,on another possible addition to cast. Now take for grain as usual:
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/superman-man-steel-2013-bsgs-tahmoh-penikett-cast-emerson-jsas-damage
SUP E R MAN: THE MAN OF STE E L ( 2013) : B SG' S TAHMOH P E NIK E TT

CBN › News › Movie News

Tweet

Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher March 24, 2012 23:08 | Updated: 10 hours 11 min Ago

It appears as if Battlestar Galactica's Tahmoh Penikett has been cast in the Man of Steel as "Emerson."

IMDb has Penikett listed in the new Superman movie,where we've heard of at least a few additional cast members confirmed as well.

No information is known about Penikett's character —but we can at least speculate while we wait for an official announcement.

Tahmoh Penikett could be playing the character of Grant Emerson,the DC Comics superhero known as Damage.

Damage was,at times,a member of the Teen Titans as well as the Justice Society of America. He has superhuman strength and durability on the level with —you guessed it, Superman. He has an interesting array of powers that include the ability to absorb and manipulate energy,which enhances his physical stature. He also has super speed and is capable of power blasts.

Grant Emerson was injected with the DNA from a variety of heroes which include the Atom,Green Lantern,Flash,Martian Manhunter and more.

What could be interesting in regards to the Man of Steel, is that Damage accidently blew up Atlanta where he was "recruited" by Sarge Steel to be a part of the government version of the Titans. Steel was head of the government's Department of Metahuman Affair/superhuman activities.

Now Penikett could just be playing a member of Colonel Hardy's (Christopher Meloni) squad,but could Zack Snyder be bringing in the big guns to take care of the aliens? Or could we just have a slight skirmish between Damage and Superman,with Supes stopping Damage from causing massive chaos?

Thanks to our friends at the Man of Steel Fan FB for the tip.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:21 pm

non_amos wrote:Hey AP, I see on the forum that the tumbleweed is back & this time apparently in a ghost town. Is it really that dry again?

Yes. Yes it is.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:When was the last time we had something substantive break? Hell, you could argue there's been more Smallville shit going on lately than there has been MOS... and Smallville's been off the air for almost a year! This needs to change and FAST.

I don't count them saying "Trailer with TDKR!" as "substantive". So it's been since August, 2011.

If TDKRises is just the beginning of WB priming the pump for MOS, they'll have 18 months to build awareness and emphasize that this is an entirely new deal. That's not a good amount of time to make the case but dammit THEY HAVE GOT TO START MAKING THE CASE! You dig?

Hate to break it to you colors, but AT MOST, they have 14 MONTHS if they started today. It is almost April, 2012. June, 2012 is about 2 1/4 months away. MOS is slated for June, 2013. Fourteen months.

If I was in charge of the Bros. Warner marketing dept., and I think I'm too smart for the job, I would have broken it up into 6 month intervals:

Starting from the first official release, Henry Cavill in the suit, 6 months from that date I would have put out something else. Teaser poster. Zod tease. Another Superman picture. SOMETHING.

Then, 6 months after that, it's time for TDKR and a teaser trailer. BOOM! People start talking.

6 months after that comes out, it's 'The Hobbit' and a FULL trailer.

Then for that final 6 months, a media BLITZ. Viral marketing. TV trailers. Movie posters. Press junkets. Everything. "Singerman who??" they'd be saying.

But, alas, this doesn't seem to be happening....

I understand if Singerman made them gun shy, believe me I understand, but they've committed, what, $150 million (or more?) to this thing and they've got to see it through to the end. Pussyfooting around isn't going to help anybody with anything.

They need to do something. Check out Superman message boards across the interwebs.

Ghost towns, all.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:29 am

AP wrote:

They need to do something. Check out Superman message boards across the interwebs.

Ghost towns, all.

Does this include duh Homopage? I don't check there enough to accurately tell you what's going on there.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 am

SUP E R MAN: THE MAN OF STE E L ( 2013) : B SG' S TAHMOH P E NIK E TT

CBN › News › Movie News

Tweet

Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher March 24, 2012 23:08 | Updated: 10 hours 11 min Ago

It appears as if Battlestar Galactica's Tahmoh Penikett has been cast in the Man of Steel as "Emerson."

IMDb has Penikett listed in the new Superman movie,where we've heard of at least a few additional cast members confirmed as well.

No information is known about Penikett's character —but we can at least speculate while we wait for an official announcement.

Tahmoh Penikett could be playing the character of Grant Emerson,the DC Comics superhero known as Damage.

Damage was,at times,a member of the Teen Titans as well as the Justice Society of America. He has superhuman strength and durability on the level with —you guessed it, Superman. He has an interesting array of powers that include the ability to absorb and manipulate energy,which enhances his physical stature. He also has super speed and is capable of power blasts.

Grant Emerson was injected with the DNA from a variety of heroes which include the Atom,Green Lantern,Flash,Martian Manhunter and more.

What could be interesting in regards to the Man of Steel, is that Damage accidently blew up Atlanta where he was "recruited" by Sarge Steel to be a part of the government version of the Titans. Steel was head of the government's Department of Metahuman Affair/superhuman activities.

Now Penikett could just be playing a member of Colonel Hardy's (Christopher Meloni) squad,but could Zack Snyder be bringing in the big guns to take care of the aliens? Or could we just have a slight skirmish between Damage and Superman,with Supes stopping Damage from causing massive chaos?

Thanks to our friends at the Man of Steel Fan FB for the tip.

You know, maybe they should bring on someone who was actually a villain from one of Supe's rogues rather than a hero who was a Teen Titans member then later a member of the Justice Society of America! If the military want to use a superpowered individual to combat the Kryptonian invasion I would suggest they bring on Kenny Braverman a.k.a. Conduit since he sports an outfit that is powered by Kryptonite energy. This way Kryptonite can be use in the film and Supes will have another opponent to fight with not to mention Him & Clark go way back!

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:41 am

Or they could take a page from the comics and use Metallo in that role and accomplish 99% of all that same stuff without unnecessarily complicating Superman's backstory with Kenny Braverman's nonsense.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 am

Yeah, that'll work too!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:40 am

as for the actor i liked him in BSG and if he was in the film that be nice. But ya the whole damage character if that is even true taking in where the news is from. It would be better for that conduit or metallo characters to be used.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next