Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 18 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 18 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:08 pm

non_amos wrote:AP wrote:

They need to do something. Check out Superman message boards across the interwebs.

Ghost towns, all.

Does this include duh Homopage? I don't check there enough to accurately tell you what's going on there.

Does Eunuch's Den HAVE message boards??

I've never checked....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:AP wrote:

They need to do something. Check out Superman message boards across the interwebs.

Ghost towns, all.

Does this include duh Homopage? I don't check there enough to accurately tell you what's going on there.

Does Eunuch's Den HAVE message boards??

I've never checked....

Yep! And they can be a smorgasbord of apologist excess. As a matter of fact, it's on their version of message boards where a realist can get in the most trouble! It's there that you can get in a useless argument with some half-wit & run the risk of getting 'warned'. So yeah, it's not just on the comments on the front page. But I don't check there enough lately to really know much at all.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:09 am

With all his shit I haven't even bothered with his site. If I want to see news on the film I go to the maain entertainment sites, and the man of steel facebook group and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:19 am

non_amos wrote:Yep! And they can be a smorgasbord of apologist excess. As a matter of fact, it's on their version of message boards where a realist can get in the most trouble! It's there that you can get in a useless argument with some half-wit & run the risk of getting 'warned'. So yeah, it's not just on the comments on the front page. But I don't check there enough lately to really know much at all.
Not sure how true it is today but I only remember the board from the pre-release of Singerman days. Maybe a week or two before the movie opened is all that comes to mind right now. The division hadn't come just yet but even then there seemed to be camps. There were people who were totally bought into Singerman, hook, line and sinker. There was simply no curbing their enthusiasm. If memory serves, it was on the Eunuch page that some dimbulb predicted something like $7 or $800 mill worldwide. It was something crazy like that.

But then you had the other side of the scale. You couldn't quite call them Realists just yet (and who's to say they didn't become Apologists later?) but there was a segment of the members that wasn't really hip to much of the movie. I remember one post saying something to the effect of "Langella seems like he might be okay as Perry but that's the only part of the movie I've got any real optimism for". It was something along those lines. Gotta feel bad for the guy too considering how poorly Langella did in the role. And contrary to popular revisionism, these folks were hardly more enthused about Smallville. It wasn't a pissing match back then as much as the Apologists would want you to think. THEY created those divisions, and ONLY as to excuse Singerman's dismal showing at the box office. "The movie would've done better if Smallville hadn't stolen all the thunder!" Of course, in other posts they argued the show had shit ratings, which would tend to undercut their original argument but don't confuse 'em with the facts.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:23 am

You know, this does remind me of the excuses that were given by forum members from sites such as Supermanhomepage.com, Superherohype.com and the late Bluetights.net just a few months before SR's release! Despite some of the info of what we expect to see in the film such as... No supervillains just Lex Luthor again, Lois Lane has a fiance and a kid and Lex creating a Kryptonian style continent forum members still sugar coat the film even with the concerns that the film may possibly flop due to these same infos that were announce saying stuff like... "The movie is going to be great", "This movie is going to reintroduce Superman to the fans again", "Bryan Singer is going to due the movie justice" and "Brandon Routh is going to be this generation's Superman" and yet after the film was finally release those same forum members who are now dubbed as Apologists still sugar coat the film even up to this day! So it kind of makes you wonder what would they being saying right after MOS gets release? Cause I would love to see & hear the reaction of those same apologists who thought SR was a great film when MOS comes out and tops it with a guaranteed clean sweep!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:41 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:You know, this does remind me of the excuses that were given by forum members from sites such as Supermanhompage.com, Superherohype.com and the late Bluetights.net just a few months before SR's release! Despite some of the info of what we expect to see in the film such as... No supervillains just Lex Luthor again, Lois Lane has a fiance and a kid and Lex creating a Kryptonian style continent forum members still sugar coat the film even with the concerns that the film may possibly flop due to these same infos that were announce saying stuff like... "The movie is going to be great", "This movie is going to reintroduce Superman to the fans again", "Bryan Singer is going to due the movie justice" and "Brandon Routh is going to be this generation's Superman" and yet after the film was finally release those same forum members who are now dubbed as Apologists still sugar coat the film even up to this day! So it kind of makes you wonder what would they being saying right after MOS gets release? Cause I would love to see & hear the reaction of those same apologists who thought SR was a great film when MOS comes out and tops it with a guaranteed clean sweep!
I suspect it'll be like when someone can't unscrew a cap off a bottle and then someone else comes along and does it easily. "I loosened it for you." I'm sure MOS will outgross Singerman, and when it does, the Apologists will claim that MOS is only riding Singerman's coat tails, all evidence and logic to the contrary notwithstanding.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:38 pm

non_amos wrote:Don't really know what this is supposed to mean:

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

EXCELLENT discussion tonight on Radio KAL Live w/ @JeffTrexler about the current legal situation regarding Superman. Steve Younis of Superman Homepage will have the audio available soon of it. I highly recommend it... it clears up a LOT of questions fans have asked and gets to the heart of what it is really about. Breathe easy fans...( DC Movies! )

So what is it really all about dude? Did we jump to conclusions about duh parasite heirs or what? Puh-leeeaaazzzeee clear up the confusion for us. And it's about time Eunuch got his name in the publicity for this film somewhere. I'm sure he was having panic attacks. And why can we breathe easy anyway? If anyone finds this audio please let us know.
Since today is all about legal cases, I figured now's as good a time as any.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/supermanhomepage

It seems last night's episode was part 2 of the Trexler discussion. You'll have to dig back to last week's episode for part 1.

I haven't listened to either episode. Part of me wants to get the legal stuff from an actual lawyer who's followed the case (as Trexler seems to be). But on the other hand, doing so requires sitting through the Eunuch and his prattle. So hmm. In any case, these may be worth listening to so long as the "hosts" do the honorable thing, shut up and listen to and learn from their betters. But we'll see.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I suspect it'll be like when someone can't unscrew a cap off a bottle and then someone else comes along and does it easily. "I loosened it for you." I'm sure MOS will outgross Singerman, and when it does, the Apologists will claim that MOS is only riding Singerman's coat tails, all evidence and logic to the contrary notwithstanding.

My guess is that they'll probably be fabricating that Zack Snyder stole the idea for a SR sequel and thats why it did so well or Zack Snyder toke a page book from Bryan Singer and made it into a rehash of "Superman II" while maintaining the acknowledgement that SR was indeed a rehash of the the first movie. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if those are the kind of nonsense they'll be using against MOS considering those are the only fabrications I can think of them using to avoid the reailty that SR was crap!

Or possibly that'll be the time for them to play the "SUCK UP" game and begin to claim that they had supported MOS all this time and in turn they were against SR from the get-go in which we Realists are the ones who knows better!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:I suspect it'll be like when someone can't unscrew a cap off a bottle and then someone else comes along and does it easily. "I loosened it for you." I'm sure MOS will outgross Singerman, and when it does, the Apologists will claim that MOS is only riding Singerman's coat tails, all evidence and logic to the contrary notwithstanding.

My guess is that they'll probably be fabricating that Zack Snyder stole the idea for a SR sequel and thats why it did so well or Zack Snyder toke a page book from Bryan Singer and made it into a rehash of "Superman II" while maintaining the acknowledgement that SR was indeed a rehash of the the first movie. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if those are the kind of nonsense they'll be using against MOS considering those are the only fabrications I can think of them using to avoid the reailty that SR was crap!

Or possibly that'll be the time for them to play the "SUCK UP" game and begin to claim that they had supported MOS all this time and in turn they were against SR from the get-go in which we Realists are the ones who knows better!
I hope they advance that argument. Oh boy, talk about Christmas coming early!

If they argue that this is in effect the story Bryan Singer would've done for Singerman 2- Ladyboy of Pleather, we Realists will then, using the Apologists' own premise, be able to factually assert that the entire scenario put forth in Singerman (leaving for five years, Blandon the Bartender, the bastard kid, MIA supervillains, the pleather, homoeroticism out the wazoo) was what turned people off. Put another way, people love Superman; they simply don't want Bryan Singer anywhere near the character.

Go ahead, Apologists. Make that argument. PLEASE!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Some props from man of steel:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=57709
MAN OF STEEL Prop Reveals Mysterious Contamination In Metropolis Area

Movie props for the new Superman movie indicate that citizens in the Metropolis area are showing symptoms of poisoning from a mysterious contaminant. Also,set decorations for the Kent farm,and Lois Lane's apartment. nailbiter111 - 4/10/2012

On March 31st an auction was held for Man of Steel set decorations, props, and wardrobe. One of the more intriguing pieces is a board containing notes and articles written by Lois Lane.

First up Lois Lane's noticeboard which has a couple of Daily Planet stories on it attributed to her that are about a poisoning of the Metropolis area by an unknown contamination. There were notes and a plane ticket etc on the board too. Very cool.

Images Courtesy of thepropstop.files.wordpress.com (Click Image to Enlarge)

When I think Superman and contamination the first thing that pops into my head is the sub-plot from the television show Smallville.

In Smallville, high levels of green Kryptonite radiation can cause normal Humans to mutate and acquire superhuman abilities (these mutants are usually called "meteor freaks"), although an outside catalyst (such as a strong electrical charge or a meteor shower) is usually required. - Wikipedia

We know director Zack Snyder will have a few characters that were in the Smallville series making an appearance in his new movie, but would he borrow the kryptonite contamination plot? Probably not, I wouldn't expect any Metahumans, but I also wouldn't be surprised if a meteor shower of kryptonite was the cause of the poisoning. Just this time there won't be any cool super powers to go with the toxic exposure.
We Need Some Movie News - Page 18 Zz22699
We Need Some Movie News - Page 18 Zz22683
We Need Some Movie News - Page 18 Zz22693
We Need Some Movie News - Page 18 Manofsteelproppaper56
We Need Some Movie News - Page 18 Zz22696
We Need Some Movie News - Page 18 Zz22697
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:51 am

Very cool. And good find. But MCF? I assume that's Martha and Jonathan's wedding date thingaboo but MCF? That's foreign...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 am

I was wondering that myself. I thought that f was odd, maybe martha in the film also went by another name(ie mother's maiden name or something). The metropolis sports team logos also look cool. And nice touchs for lois desk items.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170165-man-of-steel-to-be-edgy-like-the-dark-knight

Man of Steel to be 'Edgy' Like The Dark Knight

by SuperHeroHype
April 10, 2012

ClevverTV got a chance to talk to actor Dylan Sprayberry about playing young Clark Kent in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman movie, Man of Steel.

He said: "I just finished shooting 'Man of Steel.' That was in Canada and Chicago. I filmed that all last year."

When asked what people will love about Snyder's film, Sprayberry said that "when Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like 'The Dark Knight' but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he's a kid."

We'll get to see Sprayberry's Kent and Henry Cavill's older Kent when Man of Steel opens in theaters on June 14, 2013. Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Laurence Fishburne and Richard Schiff co-star.

Yep! Here we go again. Superman has got to be like Batman, the 'coolest MOFO in the room'. Thoughts? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 am

It does blow any movie these days have to be compared to tdk. I doubt it will be totally like tdk/nolan stuff. Ie the realistic stuff. But besides that the young guy probably only in like two or three scenes. So who knows how much he knows on rest of the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

non_amos wrote:http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170165-man-of-steel-to-be-edgy-like-the-dark-knight

Man of Steel to be 'Edgy' Like The Dark Knight

by SuperHeroHype
April 10, 2012

ClevverTV got a chance to talk to actor Dylan Sprayberry about playing young Clark Kent in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman movie, Man of Steel.

He said: "I just finished shooting 'Man of Steel.' That was in Canada and Chicago. I filmed that all last year."

When asked what people will love about Snyder's film, Sprayberry said that "when Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like 'The Dark Knight' but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he's a kid."

We'll get to see Sprayberry's Kent and Henry Cavill's older Kent when Man of Steel opens in theaters on June 14, 2013. Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Laurence Fishburne and Richard Schiff co-star.

Yep! Here we go again. Superman has got to be like Batman, the 'coolest MOFO in the room'. Thoughts? Rolling Eyes
When I read that, it felt like that blowhard was trying to put all this into a context he might thinks sounds good. I mean, he's a kid, right? Wouldn't expect him to necessarily be have the inside track on what the final product is going to be, esp as he's only in, what, five scenes? Ten?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

You know it amazes me that some people think that just because what work for Batman should work the same for any comic-based-film which I find that kind of ludicrous cause all comic-based-films don't have to be dark & gritty to be watchable & relevant just the ones that were made or fit to be so. Aside from Superman, other comic heroes like Spider-Man & Iron Man have also appeared in films and prove by example that comic-based-films can be done without being dark & gritty entirely, there can be dark moments but just not entirely.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:12 am

"First up Lois Lane's noticeboard which has a couple of Daily Planet stories on it attributed to her that are about a poisoning of the Metropolis area by an unknown contamination."

Very interesting. Just goes to show how LITTLE we actually know about this film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 am

thecolorsblend wrote:When I read that, it felt like that blowhard was trying to put all this into a context he might thinks sounds good. I mean, he's a kid, right? Wouldn't expect him to necessarily be have the inside track on what the final product is going to be, esp as he's only in, what, five scenes? Ten?

Pretty much this. Don't go reading too much more into what this kid said beyond "I need to sound hip & edgy!".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:05 pm

I found this on the Facebook page which they got from this link so take it as a rumor for the moment:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-news-man-steel-trailer-updated-rumor

Exclusive News On Man Of Steel Trailer - Updated (Rumor)

CBN › News › Movie News

Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher
April 21, 2012 13:45 | Updated: 2 hours 27 min Ago

We have some updated news to share on the Man of Steel trailer, a trailer that super fans everywhere have been eagerly anticipating.

Previously we told you that a source informed us that the Man of Steel trailer will be attached to The Dark Knight Rises this July (I also expect something at the upcoming San Diego Comic Con), that it will be around one minute in length, and that it will not feature heavy use of CGI.

Our source just got back to us revealing a few more possible details.

He says he is still hearing all of the above to be true with the additional news that the Man of Steel trailer will center on Henry Cavill as Clark Kent. The Man of Steel trailer "will be focused more on Clark Kent as a character than action shots."

However, that doesn't mean director Zack Snyder won't try to please the fanboys in us all as there will be "a few action shots of Superman and Zod to satisfy as well."

As with any trailer, our source said it will be "giving the audience a hint of the story."

1538 Our source did go on to say this description for the Man of Steel trailer is not set in stone, as this "isn't a confirmation, as nobody seems to know whether it will - or won't, but it's a strong possibility."

Consider this news to be rumor as Cosmic Book News can't confirm.

But what I can offer is that the source previously revealed Green Lantern movie news to us that turned out to be true, as well as rumors on The Dark Knight Rises and the Man of Steel climax and eary script drafts.

Stay tuned to Cosmic Book News as more on the Man Of Steel develops.

Man Of Steel flies into theaters June 14th, 2013 directed by Zack Snyder starring, Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel, Diane Lane as Martha "Ma" Kent, Kevin Costner as Jonathan "Pa" Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as Zod, and Russel Crowe as Jor-El.

Be sure to check out the Cosmic Book News Superman Movie Hub for even more news and information.

Something? Nothing? We'll know soon.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Meh, that site has become the new "WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:18 am

Ya they are bad as cbm is/was before. But nice story if its true non. Focusing on cavill/clark would be an interesting and good way to tease the audience.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Well, like it said, 'unconfirmed rumor', right? The thing is, it's the official Facebook page that I got that link from. One thing we do know is that there will no doubt at least be a teaser trailer with TDKR. However, all this about 'little to no CGI shown' doesn't really make a lot of sense when you think about it. Like Colors pointed out, even Singerman gave what appeared to be a decent teaser trailer. Too bad it didn't match the hype. However, all this 'Clark Kent/no Superman' stuff really has to make you question this. I mean, they've already removed the trunks no doubt due to all the legal issues. Please don't make it worse by not having Superman? We could've read the comics for that, right? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 am

That would be a mistake not to represent superman end of things and all that. We do want to have superman be the big push/focus for the film. Which i am sure is for the film. So what ever is in the trailer/teaser should show us superman/clark, lois, and some zod. We dont need to be bombarded with all the big moments for the film. That should be left for trailers closer to the films release. But they do need to show us this is a bigger, better superman film. Nothing like the mess Singerman was 7 yrs ago. Something the audiences will want to see and can go up against how well the marvel studios movies have become a hit for the studio, and for the fans/general viewers.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:52 pm

non_amos wrote:Well, like it said, 'unconfirmed rumor', right? The thing is, it's the official Facebook page that I got that link from.

Just to clarify, are you talking about this page; https://www.facebook.com/manofsteel (official) or this one https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013 (unofficial) . Because the official site has nothing on it. And cosmicbooknews.com is crap. They posted so many false info in the past regarding MOS they have no credibility whatsoever in my eyes. Lame
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:11 pm

He probably means the unofficial fan site. That posts links/stories/etc.... from users, and any random news story would be mentioned there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 42  Next