Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 10 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 10 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  Rduce Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:11 pm

In the pantheon of actors who have played Superman, you have got to believe that Christopher Reeve had the best physical look to this point, which points to his desire to deliver an astonishing portrayal of the character. He worked out with a trainer 10 hours a day for months. In addition, his love of flying gliders translated to his understanding of flight dynamics so he actually made us believe a man could fly.

Next, I have to believe Dean Cain did not need any assistance in looking powerful in the suit. Having been an ex-football player he was in above average shape. Perhaps a tad too short for the role but none the less he had the “look” and did a credible job for a fluff shows like L&C.

Kirk Alyn, the first film Superman, for his time had a very good physical presence for the role. Tall for that time at 6’1, he had been a dancer on the vaudevillian circuit and did not have the typical soft look that so many leading men of Hollywood sported during the 30, 40 and 50’s, which actually showed more in his Clark Kent guise than his Superman one. If you see him in photos or the serials themselves, his shoulders were very wide in the suits of the time and a relatively small waist. Granted he did not look as bulked as we like our Superman today, he did look like the comics of the time.

George Reeves did wear padding under his shirt to help bulk him up, which was depicted in the film “Hollywoodland.” George is my first Superman and he does hold a place of reverence for me. He had been a boxer in his younger days and was the same height as Kirk Alyan so he would have the same stature, but when he began playing Superman the comics were changing over to a more bulking look Superman. George, you must face the fact that, began playing the part in his late 30’s and played it until his mid-40’s, so I do not find it odd they padded him up. Actors did not then make the sacrifices that they do now.

BJ, while tall, never could obtain the “look” and will be regulated to become the “George Lazenby” of Superman actors. Enough said!

Henry is just too early to tell if he has the chops to pull it off. A few stills from the set and a highly staged publicity shot just do not supply us with enough information to base an opinion. Height really does not matter to me. Hollywood trickery can make people look smaller or taller than they really are. Hell, back in the day they made Alan Ladd look tall by having him stand on a box or digging a trench for the actor playing opposite of him to walk in.

Now on to Batman! I agree Michael Keaton is the definitive Batman for me based solely on his intensity. At the time, everyone thought Tim Burton had gone insane to cast him. Mostly thought of as a comedic actor and much too short (5’9) to play the dark knight, he showed that a great actor can play any part.

Now, Christian Bale does have the physical attributes to put on the suit. He is 6’ tall and if there were any doubt, about how buff he is all you need to do is rent a copy of “American Psycho”. Granted, that was a decade ago now, but I have to believe he keeps himself up given all the action movie roles he does.

I remember as kid back in the days when you could send DC questions and they would answer a select few in the back of the comic. It was asked who was bigger Superman or Batman and the answer was given that Superman and Batman in the comic were the same age. (30) Superman was 6’3 230 and Batman was 6’1 200 lbs. That has always stuck with me and how I commonly gage them today.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:31 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Of all people, Apologists need to sit back and have a nice, warm glass of STFU; the adults are steering the ship now, motherfuckers. Apologists need not apply.

I liken them to a spoiled brat. Ever try to get a spoiled brat to shut-up, especially after they didn't get something they BELIEVED they "deserved"?

Yeah, same thing.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:46 am

According to the man of steel facebook page. We may now know what building in downtown chicago is standing in for Daily Planet exteriors:
https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013
Superman: Man of Steel (2013)
Well, the fans have figured out the what and where: new base camp Monroe and Lower Wacker and Board of Trade as Daily Planet (still 9/7-9/17)... no one can hide anything from you guys and gals!
LikeUnlike · · 3 minutes ago

If any one was wondering what the Board of Trade building looks like here is an image of the place:
We Need Some Movie News - Page 10 Chicag10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:01 am

Same building as Wayne Tower in 'Batman Begins':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City

In Batman Begins[54] the Chicago Board of Trade Building was the visual inspiration for the film's Wayne Tower design. The art-deco building was represented as the hub of Gotham's water and elevated railway systems and also housed Gotham's opera house.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 am

Some Vancouver filming information:
http://www.globalnews.ca/health/canada/filming+for+next+superman+movie+heading+for+vancouver+vancouver+island/6442483026/story.html
Filming for next Superman movie heading for Vancouver, Vancouver IslandKeven Drews, The Canadian Press : Friday, September 16, 2011 12:00 AM

VANCOUVER - The Man of Steel will be heading up, up and away to Vancouver Island and the Vancouver area this fall to film what's believed to be the next Superman movie.

Casting calls and filming for "Autumn Frost" — widely reported to be the code name for "Man of Steel," the next Superman film — have already taken place in Chicago.

But according to a letter received by municipal council in Ucluelet, on the west coast of Vancouver Island, filming will take place there and in the Vancouver area, too.

"Autumn Frost will film in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island from early September through to the end of January 2012," Rino Pace, locations manager for production company Third Act Productions Inc., wrote in a letter to Ucluelet council.

"We have been preparing the film since early spring, which includes building 'sets' in the various 'stages' in and around the Vancouver area..."

Pace said Ucluelet has the "look" the directors and production designer envisioned.

While in Ucluelet, filming will take place on land owned by a local First Nation and on a municipal street and the town will play the role of a small, Alaskan fishing village. Filming will also take place on the ocean and at an industrial dock.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have already announced that British actor Henry Cavill will play Superman. Cavill co-starred in "The Tudors."

A media release states the movie will also star Amy Adams, a three-time Oscar nominee, who will play Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne, an Oscar nominee who will play editor-in-chief Perry White of the Daily Planet newspaper. The same media release states Diane Lane and Kevin Costner will play Clark Kent's adoptive parents.

Already, casting calls for movie extras have taken place in Ucluelet and Nanaimo, B.C. Sought especially were older men and women with "character faces" and some "commercial fishermen types," states advertisements placed on the Vancouver Island North Film Commission website.

The movie is based on characters published by DC Comics.

"I think this is the first one to really plunk us on the map," said Ucluelet Mayor Eric Russcher, of the filming.

He said film crews have normally headed to Tofino, a popular tourist town located about 40 kilometres north of Ucluelet, but the movie company stated it needed something more that looked like an Alaskan community.

"We still have that far-flung look of a small community," he said.

Russcher said locals are excited and hope to catch a view of some of the filming.

Wendy Stewart, a spokeswoman for the City of Vancouver, said officials are hearing the same rumours that filming could take place in the city but nothing has come through the office yet.

"Man of Steel" is slated for release in June 2013.

© The Canadian Press, 2011

Read it on Global News: Global News | Filming for next Superman movie heading for Vancouver, Vancouver Island
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:25 am

I know the board of trade building in chicago(exteriors) and willis tower(interiors) is being used for the Daily planet for Man of Steel. I was just in nyc for first time this past sunday for work and while we were getting to work location saw the new yorker building and thought man this building would make for a good DP location just wanted to see what you guys think?:
We Need Some Movie News - Page 10 New_yo10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 am

I suppose I could visualize a Daily Planet globe at the top of that. The thing with the building they really are using though, do you reckon the audience will notice it's the same one from the Nolan Batman films? I hope that's not an issue. We have enough to worry about already!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:41 am

As neat as it looks I don't think it'll make any difference!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:52 am

I dont think most would care or general audience even relize it was same building. Slap on the daily planet on side of building, add the globe on top and any other visual changes and can make it look totally different.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:54 pm

non_amos wrote:I suppose I could visualize a Daily Planet globe at the top of that. The thing with the building they really are using though, do you reckon the audience will notice it's the same one from the Nolan Batman films? I hope that's not an issue. We have enough to worry about already!

Actually, you only really saw the whole building in Begins, and that was almost 7 years ago.

So nope, don't see that it will be an issue.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Potential climax to film. VERY similar to things I predicted would happen.

Grain of salt:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=48941

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 pm

I can think of worse concepts for the conclusion to a Superman film. Spinning the world backwards, for example, hey-ooooooh.

Spoiler:
Is it just me or does that sound about 10 million times better than hoisting a Kryptonite island into space?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:12 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I can think of worse concepts for the conclusion to a Superman film. Spinning the world backwards, for example, hey-ooooooh.

Spoiler:
Is it just me or does that sound about 10 million times better than hoisting a Kryptonite island into space?

x1,000,000
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:23 am

I still want the trunks added back, in post or whatever, but, that being said, this film looks to be shaping up MONSTROUSLY! And I don't mean that in a negative way either. It looks to be a take on the characters that we've not seen before. In other words, we're not getting a 'formulaic' Superman film per se, i.e., Superman comes to earth, raised by Kents, goes on to drink 'orange juice, freshly squeezed'. No disrespect to CR btw but I think you know what I mean by a 'formulaic' film? It's like what Singer did with Singerman. Just 'copy & paste' if you will. The problem though is that other directors would've probably taken a similar approach too. Just give us more of the 'same old, same old' ad nauseum. At least Zack Snyder is daring to be different & me likes! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:44 am

non_amos wrote:I still want the trunks added back, in post or whatever, but, that being said, this film looks to be shaping up MONSTROUSLY! And I don't mean that in a negative way either. It looks to be a take on the characters that we've not seen before. In other words, we're not getting a 'formulaic' Superman film per se, i.e., Superman comes to earth, raised by Kents, goes on to drink 'orange juice, freshly squeezed'. No disrespect to CR btw but I think you know what I mean by a 'formulaic' film? It's like what Singer did with Singerman. Just 'copy & paste' if you will. The problem though is that other directors would've probably taken a similar approach too. Just give us more of the 'same old, same old' ad nauseum. At least Zack Snyder is daring to be different & me likes! Smile
I've wondered about that. What would, say, a Michael Bay Superman film be like? Brad Bird? Robert Zemeckis? M. Night Shamalamadingdong? I really think most of them would've erred in breaking away from Reeve and Donner, if for no other reason than to avoid comparisons as much as possible.

That's not saying you couldn't do what Singer attempted to do in making "a new Superman III". However, it's clearly beyond his abilities to manage THAT particular feat.

I'd be lying if I told you that Snyder was my first choice in all this. But one thing that's clear is that he's not going to give us another scrawny emasculated metrosexual in pleather. That much was obvious from day one. As to what he will give us... well, who the hell knows? Guilty until proven innocent. That said, damn, he's put together a VERY good cast.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 am

non_amos wrote:I still want the trunks added back, in post or whatever, but, that being said, this film looks to be shaping up MONSTROUSLY! And I don't mean that in a negative way either. It looks to be a take on the characters that we've not seen before. In other words, we're not getting a 'formulaic' Superman film per se, i.e., Superman comes to earth, raised by Kents, goes on to drink 'orange juice, freshly squeezed'. No disrespect to CR btw but I think you know what I mean by a 'formulaic' film? It's like what Singer did with Singerman. Just 'copy & paste' if you will. The problem though is that other directors would've probably taken a similar approach too. Just give us more of the 'same old, same old' ad nauseum. At least Zack Snyder is daring to be different & me likes! Smile

You do realize there were other directors who had been offer to do their take on a Superman film/film series, those such as Tim Burton, Brett Ratner and McG however judging by the scripts that were illustrated by writers such as Kevin Smith, Alex Ford and J.J. Abrams you can see that the films were not only going to be severely different than what we got from the Donner films but also would have gone beyond the standards (Comic book wise) of how a Superman film should be done.

But I can safely say that unlike those directors & writers Zack Synder & David Goyer
maybe the ones that are on the right track and with the directions that are made there's a 85% chance that this film would turn out to be an improvement than what was recently done or could have been done.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:52 am

sounds like some cool stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:

You do realize there were other directors who had been offer to do their take on a Superman film/film series, those such as Tim Burton, Brett Ratner and McG however judging by the scripts that were illustrated by writers such as Kevin Smith, Alex Ford and J.J. Abrams you can see that the films were not only going to be severely different than what we got from the Donner films but also would have gone beyond the standards (Comic book wise) of how a Superman film should be done.

But I can safely say that unlike those directors & writers Zack Synder & David Goyer
maybe the ones that are on the right track and with the directions that are made there's a 85% chance that this film would turn out to be an improvement than what was recently done or could have been done.

I don't think I really counted 'takes' that didn't make sense, like Burton's for example. The 'takes' you speak of would've been so 'off the wall' as to have almost been unrecognizable as Superman. Singer tried to do a take that would be recognizable per the Reeve films but look what we got.

What I think Snyder is doing is an almost completely different take but at the same time, very much Superman! Except for the trunks of course. However, as far as the character of Superman, Snyder seems to be 'going nuclear' with it! The other 'takes' you speak of would've been such radical departures that the audience wouldn't have bought it as even being Superman. Snyder's version will be like saying, Blandon who?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Spoiler:

Still leaves me to wonder who or what those mo-cap guys are suppose to be?

Could it be possible that they are maybe other phantom zoners? Kryptonian criminals or creatures prohaps?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I've wondered about that. What would, say, a Michael Bay Superman film be like?

Shallow and action-packed, with a smoking hot Lois Lane.

Brad Bird?

Amazing.

Robert Zemeckis? M. Night Shamalamadingdong?

For the former: Trying it's hardest to be LIKE 'Superman The Movie' without pulling a Singer.

The latter: A long, drawn-out CGI'd film with himself as Jimmy Olsen who, in a weak twist, saves Superman at the films end because HE is a Kryptonian also.

I really think most of them would've erred in breaking away from Reeve and Donner, if for no other reason than to avoid comparisons as much as possible.

That's not saying you couldn't do what Singer attempted to do in making "a new Superman III". However, it's clearly beyond his abilities to manage THAT particular feat.

He makes films for himself now.

And that ain't a good thing.

I'd be lying if I told you that Snyder was my first choice in all this. But one thing that's clear is that he's not going to give us another scrawny emasculated metrosexual in pleather. That much was obvious from day one. As to what he will give us... well, who the hell knows? Guilty until proven innocent. That said, damn, he's put together a VERY good cast.

I didn't mind when he was rumored a few years back. He has yet to make a film I have disliked. Not all of them were "winners", but none were as bad as the brainless twats on the interwebs have convinced each other they were.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Fair enough. And how many of Snyder's films have been out and out flops? His batting average is at least as strong as pre-X-Men Singer's. Hell, arguably it's as good as Singer's current resumé.

Fucking Apologists, I swear...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Well Comicbookfan shannon has recently made a comment on the phaton zone. So more likely or not it will probably be an alien creature, or some other zoner.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Saw this story at CBM quoting someone from AICN They claim this is plot ofr MOS(So take for a grain of salt):
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52128
Spoiler:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 10 Rumor-smashed-hulk
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:07 pm

*EDIT* I take it all back.

It's a fake.

http://www.eyesskyward.com/forum/showthread.php?1432-Man-of-Steel-(spoilers)/page94

Today 10:44 PM #934
zedin
Father of Kent

Originally Posted by padre
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=50585

"We begin on Krypton. On a battlefield no less. Kryptonian troops try to break the lines of a rebel force that has holed up at a geothermal power plant. Jor-El is there, representing the Science Council. We learn that Kryptonian scientists have recently learned of another world in the galaxy that not only contains life, it contains human life. Having been told Jor-El's yellow sun theory, Zod has set in motion a plan to leave Krypton behind with his followers for this new world, believing Krypton to be weak and corrupt. Jor-El manages to break through the lines and get into the power planet, where Zod is set to overload the station, which draws energy from the planet's core (along with other stations across Krypton). He believes that this will start a chain reaction that will ultimately result in Krypton's destruction. He is confronted by Jor-El who tries to convince him to abandon his crazy scheme but the two end up coming to blows. Zod is the better fighter and knocks Jor-El down and proceed to do what he went there to do. The army breaks through the lines though and manage to get in and stop Zod.

Yes we have. It orignated on this site by our very own Vadakin.

And:

Today 10:58 PM #936
Vadakin
Veteran member
Originally Posted by padre
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=50585

"We begin on Krypton. On a battlefield no less. Kryptonian troops try to break the lines of a rebel force that has holed up at a geothermal power plant. Jor-El is there, representing the Science Council. We learn that Kryptonian scientists have recently learned of another world in the galaxy that not only contains life, it contains human life. Having been told Jor-El's yellow sun theory, Zod has set in motion a plan to leave Krypton behind with his followers for this new world, believing Krypton to be weak and corrupt. Jor-El manages to break through the lines and get into the power planet, where Zod is set to overload the station, which draws energy from the planet's core (along with other stations across Krypton). He believes that this will start a chain reaction that will ultimately result in Krypton's destruction. He is confronted by Jor-El who tries to convince him to abandon his crazy scheme but the two end up coming to blows. Zod is the better fighter and knocks Jor-El down and proceed to do what he went there to do. The army breaks through the lines though and manage to get in and stop Zod.

Yeah...it sucks. Wink
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Ok if its fake that sucks, alot of what was said in it sounds good. Plus would fit with stuff we know from filming pictures.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 42  Next