Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 12 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 12 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 pm

http://filmsketchr.blogspot.com/2011/12/exclusive-peter-rubin-talks-about.html
Well, Man of Steel comes out in 2013. I've left some fingerprints on that. I spent nine months working with Alex on the details of Krypton. Like I said, he's a thinker... for him, it was all about the aesthetic and the culture of these aliens - characters that everybody thinks they already know, which made it all the more challenging. He was very particular, which drove me to work hard to try master the style he had in mind. It stretched me, and I think we did some new and interesting things, both from a visual point of view and also technologically, within the process. Zack is a strong director, too, and I'm very excited by what he's bringing to the story. What we did behind the scenes is going to have repercussions in the business, and on screen it's going to knock people's socks off, in my opinion.

I'm a huge Superman fan going back to childhood, and so was very, very glad to be a part of it. I got some amazing design opportunities. For one, I was asked to design the new "S" insignia, the one that Henry Cavill is wearing in all those leaked on-set photos. I've been drawing that in one version or another since I was four years old. I was hitting in the sweet spot, and it felt like one of the high points of my career as a designer. There were some interesting struggles associated with it - I'll tell that story someday. Smile - filmsketchr.blogspot.com
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 am

You know, it would be nice to actually see some of those designs aleast to get a glimps of what the film is going to look like visually! I even wonder if it's possible we get those before the trailer gets out!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:One thing about the ending has always baffled me. Next time you watch, when Superman pulls the lid off of the acid while being sucked into the machine, look at Chris Reeve's eyes. Doesn't it look like he is trying to get a good "look" so he can heat it with his Heat Vision? Seriously, he is straining to look at it with both eyes.

Why?
Watched that section a while ago. It's sort of open to interpretation. Reeve could've been simply straining against that cord to sell the struggle between him and the machine. But... yeah, you could argue that he was trying to fire up the ol' heat vision. In fact, considering the effects with the acid in that sequence, I think there's an argument that he actually DID fire his heat vision but someone didn't put the beams in like they should've. That'd be a pretty big goof up, admittedly, especially for a high budget, high production value movie like S3, but it's not unheard of in big blockbuster films.

Perry Michael Simon wrote:Or did you expect Zack Snyder to make a tender, romantic, low-key indie out of this?
Hell no, Bryan Singer ain't directing this thing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:46 am

Metrosexuals go home! Idea
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Watched that section a while ago. It's sort of open to interpretation. Reeve could've been simply straining against that cord to sell the struggle between him and the machine. But... yeah, you could argue that he was trying to fire up the ol' heat vision. In fact, considering the effects with the acid in that sequence, I think there's an argument that he actually DID fire his heat vision but someone didn't put the beams in like they should've.

Exactly my point. There was NO WAY the inside of that computer was hot enough to cause such an immediate reaction like that.

But a blast of heat vision? That'd do it.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Watched that section a while ago. It's sort of open to interpretation. Reeve could've been simply straining against that cord to sell the struggle between him and the machine. But... yeah, you could argue that he was trying to fire up the ol' heat vision. In fact, considering the effects with the acid in that sequence, I think there's an argument that he actually DID fire his heat vision but someone didn't put the beams in like they should've.

Exactly my point. There was NO WAY the inside of that computer was hot enough to cause such an immediate reaction like that.

But a blast of heat vision? That'd do it.
Actually, either the effects shot there wasn't complete or else there's a wee bit of a plothole. During the chemical plant fire, it was established by the scientist dude that the acid had to be kept below a certain temperature or else you'd basically have freakin Armageddon. So when the acid starts heating up, naturally it's time to flip the hell out, right?

But Superman later pimps in to the plant, grabs a vial of the stuff for himself and cruises back to that G.U.S. supercomputer. Um, didn't the shit start warming up just about then?

The scientist was worried about the FIRE. Simply warming up to room temperature isn't going to cut it. It needs HEAT.

Damn, this is a *REALLY* good catch on your part, dude. I've seen that movie zillions of times (no, it's not perfect but (A) it's still pretty good and (B) it's a damn sight better than freaking Singerman and (C) Christopher Reeve) and probably never would've connected these dots if you hadn't said anything.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Kevin costner arriving to vancouver set:
We Need Some Movie News - Page 12 492257113
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

I no see picture there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Hmm was working earlier. At work so don't have time to fix it now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Actually, either the effects shot there wasn't complete or else there's a wee bit of a plothole. During the chemical plant fire, it was established by the scientist dude that the acid had to be kept below a certain temperature or else you'd basically have freakin Armageddon. So when the acid starts heating up, naturally it's time to flip the hell out, right?

Yes, yes it is.

But Superman later pimps in to the plant, grabs a vial of the stuff for himself and cruises back to that G.U.S. supercomputer. Um, didn't the shit start warming up just about then?

The scientist was worried about the FIRE. Simply warming up to room temperature isn't going to cut it. It needs HEAT.

Exactly. Heat, as in HEAT VISION.....

Damn, this is a *REALLY* good catch on your part, dude. I've seen that movie zillions of times (no, it's not perfect but (A) it's still pretty good and (B) it's a damn sight better than freaking Singerman and (C) Christopher Reeve) and probably never would've connected these dots if you hadn't said anything.

It's always bugged me, ever since I was a kid.

For those who want to see what I'm talking about, here you go:

Jump to the 1:16 mark. Superman not only pulls the lid off, but STRAINS to get BOTH EYES on the acid.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I no see picture there.

Here's what he was trying to post:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=348963&page=23

We Need Some Movie News - Page 12 492257113
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:It's always bugged me, ever since I was a kid.

For those who want to see what I'm talking about, here you go:

Jump to the 1:16 mark. Superman not only pulls the lid off, but STRAINS to get BOTH EYES on the acid.
Y'know, it really pisses me off when people do faggoty things like disabled embeds on YouTube. Hey asswipe, you don't own that movie any more than I do so spare me the "like this video and subscribe" bullshit. Nobody cares.

As it is, I'm searching for an alternate version or, worst case, will upload the clip to my own YouTube account.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:33 am

Here we go...

Shit, you want something done right, do it yourself, I swear...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Here we go...

Shit, you want something done right, do it yourself, I swear...

Good man, that's it exactly.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:38 am

I thought of something interesting. In reference to the 4 Reeve films, I think originally it was Donner's intention to do all 4 of them. I recall reading online somewhere, possibly affiliated with 'Steve's' old site, but wherever it was, I remember this article that touched on this.

Anyway, to the point. I remember this idea, even back in the day, for BRAINIAC & MR. MXYZPTLK to be in S3. I believe Donner more or less confirmed this. And if I'm not mistaken, the villain for S4 was to have been BIZARRO. I think Donner had this 'vision' for where he wanted the franchise to go. Obviously that didn't work out. But not so fast! Were the ideas totally scrapped?

I may have alluded to this before even on these forums & it seems like I did in one manner or another but I have no idea now where it is. My point though is that maybe Brainiac wasn't used for S3..........but we still got a 'super-computer'. Just not as charming. And Mxyzptlk was apparently scrapped entirely, unless 'Gus Gorman' was intended to take his place for comedic relief?

In S4 we didn't get Bizarro. Instead we got NUCLEAR MAN but still based on the 'clone' idea. But if you look on the deleted scenes for S4, you'll see an earlier version of 'Nuclear Man', only it looks nothing like Mark Pillow. It's more of a 'Frankenstein' appearance that I guess you could say resembles Bizarro.

Ya know, it's almost like TPTB sorta took the ideas that were already proposed & 'reinvented' them to their own liking. If you think about it, it does seem a little bit too parallel to be coincidence?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 am

non_amos wrote:I thought of something interesting. In reference to the 4 Reeve films, I think originally it was Donner's intention to do all 4 of them. I recall reading online somewhere, possibly affiliated with 'Steve's' old site, but wherever it was, I remember this article that touched on this.

Anyway, to the point. I remember this idea, even back in the day, for BRAINIAC & MR. MXYZPTLK to be in S3. I believe Donner more or less confirmed this. And if I'm not mistaken, the villain for S4 was to have been BIZARRO. I think Donner had this 'vision' for where he wanted the franchise to go. Obviously that didn't work out. But not so fast! Were the ideas totally scrapped?

I may have alluded to this before even on these forums & it seems like I did in one manner or another but I have no idea now where it is. My point though is that maybe Brainiac wasn't used for S3..........but we still got a 'super-computer'. Just not as charming. And Mxyzptlk was apparently scrapped entirely, unless 'Gus Gorman' was intended to take his place for comedic relief?

In S4 we didn't get Bizarro. Instead we got NUCLEAR MAN but still based on the 'clone' idea. But if you look on the deleted scenes for S4, you'll see an earlier version of 'Nuclear Man', only it looks nothing like Mark Pillow. It's more of a 'Frankenstein' appearance that I guess you could say resembles Bizarro.

Ya know, it's almost like TPTB sorta took the ideas that were already proposed & 'reinvented' them to their own liking. If you think about it, it does seem a little bit too parallel to be coincidence?
Can't say I ever heard that Donner outlined 3 and 4. The most I've ever heard him talk about it was, I think, the STM commentary with Mankeywhatsis where he dimly recalled that his loose plan had been to direct STM and S2, let Mankey direct S3, maybe come back for S4, etc. It seemed that Donner's belief was that there was no shortage of material for more and more Superman films. Kinda have to wonder how much he work he did in outlining 3 and 4 though.

What complicates this thing though is that Ilya Salkind posted his treatment for S3 online at some point. It was supposed to have included Brainiac, Mxy and Supergirl. So hmm. Dunno...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 am

This just in folks... It seems another casting call has been made on the list and at the last second if I may add! It would appear that actor Richard Schiff has been cast for the role of Dr. Emil Hamilton a character from the comics who works for S.T.A.R. Labs. He also known to appear in "Superman: TAS", "Justice League" & "Justice League Unlimited".

Here's a link to an article from Superherohype.com...
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169181-richard-schiff-joins-man-of-steel-as-emil-hamilton
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Too late, Comic Book dude, that's already been posted by Webhead I believe on another thread. I was gonna post it myself until I saw that. I was getting tired anyway so I'm glad he did. Smile

Back to what Colors commented on though. I've watched some of those special features on that deluxe remastered edition of STM before but not recently & that does ring a bell. However, the thing that's lingering in my mind I think is either something I read online or watched online in some video or whatever. I'm fairly certain I even bookmarked the link at that time but that was also some time ago. When my hard-drive crashed a few months ago I had to start bookmarks all over again so I think it's safe to assume I no longer have that one. Who knows, maybe I'll come across it again reading the various Superman-related articles online. I'd really like to find it though because I know I didn't dream it. But what you say about Donner feeling like that Superman had unlimited material to work with, I do remember that. I think that sort of ties in with his 'future' plans at the time for the franchise. No doubt Donner really felt this way & couldn't hardly wait to actually do stuff like Brainiac & Bizarro. My guess is that he probably formulated some 'outline' early on to work towards as a goal but due to all of the 'drama' with duh Salkinds, it just wasn't to be. And that's kind of regrettable in a way because instead of 2 successes & 2 not-so-successes, we might have had 4 blockbuster films. And Singerman would've never existed! Even more importantly, Reeve may have lived because like I believe I said before somewhere on here, he would've been working on these projects & possible future projects so the horse-riding accident probably wouldn't have happened. But in reality that's not what we got. Reeve is gone & the Superman film franchise is having to be rescued yet again.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:11 pm

It is sad to think how different things could've been. If Donner could've made movies that supported those villains and concepts... man oh man, it would've been something.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Yup comicbookfan posted the richard news back like 2am this morning. As for donner stuff would have been interesting to have seen what the real comic villains for 3rd/4th films would have turned those films around.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

non_amos wrote:Too late, Comic Book dude, that's already been posted by Webhead I believe on another thread. I was gonna post it myself until I saw that. I was getting tired anyway so I'm glad he did. Smile

My bad!!! I guess I should have scroll down the page further so that I would notice it, but it's still news though!

My guess is that he probably formulated some 'outline' early on to work towards as a goal but due to all of the 'drama' with duh Salkinds, it just wasn't to be. And that's kind of regrettable in a way because instead of 2 successes & 2 not-so-successes, we might have had 4 blockbuster films. And Singerman would've never existed! Even more importantly, Reeve may have lived because like I believe I said before somewhere on here, he would've been working on these projects & possible future projects so the horse-riding accident probably wouldn't have happened. But in reality that's not what we got. Reeve is gone & the Superman film franchise is having to be rescued yet again.

Thats the reality that sort of bite me in the ass really hard but I guess this is just another reason to blame the father & son cheapskates the Salkinds! Notice how sleazy Ilya Salkind acted during that documentary "Look Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story Of Superman" when he preach those words "It wasen't our fault!"! Aside from the fact that Richard Donner have always had the right idea it makes you wonder how other future directors would top the franchise in a reboot if Donner did directed all four films?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Well for one maybe the 3rd/4th films would have been utter bombs and then the 20 yr developmental hell for superman on film might have never been. But then we might not have gotten lois/clark, sv, tv series.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Thats the reality that sort of bite me in the ass really hard but I guess this is just another reason to blame the father & son cheapskates the Salkinds! Notice how sleazy Ilya Salkind acted during that documentary "Look Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story Of Superman" when he preach those words "It wasen't our fault!"!
Blame them for what exactly? The Salkinds owned the rights to the movie. They'd paid a fortune in development costs. They'd paid a fortune in promotional efforts. They'd paid a fortune for production. And, against all odds (as this is a comic book in the 1970's that we're talking about), they had a hit! Not only would they recupe all or most of their original investment on STM but they'd make extra gravy on the sequel.

And then you had Donner, their employee, shit-talking them to every reporter with a scratch pad. When the director of the movie slams on the producers (ie, the bosses) to the international fucking media, what do you expect them to do? "Oh, that's just Donner being Donner".

Then the guy has the paired reproductive organs of your preference to give an ultimatum saying he won't direct the next movie unless one of the bosses is removed from it.

I'm not going to argue that the Salkinds handled every single little thing regarding Superman perfectly but I will never criticize them for firing Donner. He was out of line. Period.

Aside from the fact that Richard Donner have always had the right idea it makes you wonder how other future directors would top the franchise in a reboot if Donner did directed all four films?
I just regret that a future director couldn't top or even come halfway toward meeting the standard that Donner set up even in 2006. Luckily it looks like we've finally got a director who understands action and spectacle. Now let's just hope to God he understands Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169317-man-of-steel-casts-a-young-lana-lang

Man of Steel Casts a Young Lana Lang
by Silas Lesnick
January 23, 2012

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel has added another famous character from the Superman mythos to the production, albeit in a younger form than fans might have been expecting. Superman Super Site confirms today that 13-year-old Jadin Gould will play a young Lana Lang in a flashback scene to Clark Kent's Smallville childhood.

First appearing in 1950's Superboy #50, Lana is the teenage girlfriend of young Clark. She was a central character in the television series, "Smallville" (played by Kristin Kreuk) and has also appeared as a teenager on the big screen in 1978's Superman: The Movie (played by Diane Sherry) and later as an adult, re-entering Clark's life in Superman III (Played by Annette O'Toole, who would later play Martha Kent on "Smallville").

At her young age, Gould already boasts an impressive resume, having appeared on television shows like "Chuck," "Rizzoli & Isles," "The Mentalist" and on the big screen in Battle: Los Angeles.

Now filming, Man of Steel's cast also includes Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix and Laurence Fishburne. It is targeting a June 14, 2013 release.

Original link:

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0123230.html

Pics:

We Need Some Movie News - Page 12 Young-10

We Need Some Movie News - Page 12 Jading10

Well, one thing we do know here. Snyder's not 'channeling' Kristen Kreuk in this version. And she definitely looks young, jail-bait guaranteed. Oh my! Just had a thought. These morons on duh Internets will start doing a countdown on her as to when she will be 'legal'. Like they did with those Olsen twins. Mark my words. Shocked
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 am

Caught that news myself earlier its nice to see we getting characters like lana, emil and all that poping in the film. As since this lana actress is a kid we know its for some flashback scene shot probably during those times they were in plano doing that school shoot or some other plano scene. Cant wait to see how scenes turn out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next