Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 13 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Isn't principal photography winding up soon? My guess is that she'll have a pretty small role.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:49 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Isn't principal photography winding up soon? My guess is that she'll have a pretty small role.

Why is it when they make films that it seems like they film everything either backwards or out of order? I remember reading even about the 1st 2 Superman films & it sounded like they did that even then. It also sounds like they're doing it with MOS. I thought they filmed the Plano scenes first thing? I mean, it seems like sometimes they film the end & go back to the beginning. What's up with that?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 pm

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Isn't principal photography winding up soon? My guess is that she'll have a pretty small role.

Why is it when they make films that it seems like they film everything either backwards or out of order? I remember reading even about the 1st 2 Superman films & it sounded like they did that even then. It also sounds like they're doing it with MOS. I thought they filmed the Plano scenes first thing? I mean, it seems like sometimes they film the end & go back to the beginning. What's up with that?
Often it's logistics. Movies usually take places in several different locations and have scenes that go back and forth between those locations. Often times, movie productions will shoot all scenes in that location and then move on to the next location, shoot all relevant scenes there, etc. The only alternative to that, if you shoot in order, is to do a few scenes in Illinois, go to Vancover and some stuff there, go back to Illinois, maybe shooting in some other location altogether, then back to Vancouver, etc. It'd cost a fortune. Shooting out of sequence may not make the most sense in some ways but it makes a lot of fiscal sense.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Ya its a pretty normal thing for film/tv to shoot out of order as stated above. Also i believe first unit filming will be done within the next few weeks/next month some time. The news of the young actress is just newly released info, as she shot her stuff along with young clark actor months back in plano shoot. Just like how richard who is playing emil mentioned he was hired months ago but his time for film wasnt to more recent shoot time in the schedule.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:36 pm

I take it the casting of young actor Dylan Sprayberry as a young Clark Kent must have also been confirmed I suppose!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 am

It was i think. But we got another young cast mate for flashback smallville scenes. This time its Pete Ross:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10817
anuary 25, 2012: Jack Foley is Young Pete Ross for "Man of Steel"
Jack Foley The Superman Homepage has received word that another young actor by the name of Jack Foley will be seen in "Man of Steel" playing the role of a young Pete Ross.
We Need Some Movie News - Page 13 Jack-f11
It was confirmed earlier this week that Jadin Gould is playing a young Lana Lang, and it's been all but confirmed that Dylan Sprayberry (who was previously rumored) will appear as young Clark Kent.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 pm

webhead2006 wrote:It was i think. But we got another young cast mate for flashback smallville scenes. This time its Pete Ross:
anuary 25, 2012: Jack Foley is Young Pete Ross for "Man of Steel"
Jack Foley The Superman Homepage has received word that another young actor by the name of Jack Foley will be seen in "Man of Steel" playing the role of a young Pete Ross.
We Need Some Movie News - Page 13 Jack-f11
It was confirmed earlier this week that Jadin Gould is playing a young Lana Lang, and it's been all but confirmed that Dylan Sprayberry (who was previously rumored) will appear as young Clark Kent.

Well, I guess in spite of some similarities to Smallville re:MOS, otherwise Snyder is not strictly invoking them. In regards to Clark & the Kents & such, we've seen very obvious similarities to Smallville. But in these other developments, we see the opposite. Go figure.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm

non_amos wrote:Well, I guess in spite of some similarities to Smallville re:MOS, otherwise Snyder is not strictly invoking them. In regards to Clark & the Kents & such, we've seen very obvious similarities to Smallville. But in these other developments, we see the opposite. Go figure.
I don't think riffing too heavily on SV was ever on the table. Snyder's a creative guy. Odds are good he wants to bring something new to the table as bad as any of us. I just appreciate SV's legacy and influence being noted.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 pm

So they cast someone for Pete Ross huh? I thought they be getting an african-american actor to play they role but like non_amos & thecolorsblend pointed out, I guess Synder didn't plan on taking up too much from "Smallville" since were suppose to see something completely seperate from it!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Would bbeen a nice nod to sv for a black pete. But nice to see pete/lana even showing up in the film. From what I seeen online comics pete was a blonde/red head right. So I curious to see how they will use the characters. Along with if we see adult verisons pop up down the road.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Would bbeen a nice nod to sv for a black pete. But nice to see pete/lana even showing up in the film. From what I seeen online comics pete was a blonde/red head right. So I curious to see how they will use the characters. Along with if we see adult verisons pop up down the road.
Spare me. I'm probably the biggest SV fan on this board but even I know that casting a black Pete and a half Asian Lana was PC crapola. I like the show, it did a lot of things right, both actors did a good job with what they were given but pandering is still pandering.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Oh I know it was pc crap for show, I was just commenting if snyder did a black pete would have been a nice nod to sv. I didn't mean anything else with it. But on the matter I do like we are getting to see bit players/supporting superman characters get used in snyder film. That is something I really like.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Also my other gap is that the actor they chose to play Pete Ross is gingered haired & chubby! Last time I checked Pete Ross was not only caucasian but was slim & blonde in the comics!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Oh I know it was pc crap for show, I was just commenting if snyder did a black pete would have been a nice nod to sv.
Fair enough. But if you ask me, there are other ways to tip one's hat to SV. Pre-Superman Clark could save someone at super-speed and someone could make a reference to a "blur" or something. Or use SV'ish letter jackets, as they seem to be doing. Or show Cavill in a blue shirt/red jacket thing for one scene. Little stuff like that. A black Pete in MOS would just seem to canonize an unnecessary change.

Of course, just to show you what a hypocrite I am, I dig Sam Jones as Pete (wouldn't change it even if I could) and I'm 100% positive that Laurence Fishburne is going to kick ass as Perry White (wouldn't change it even if I could). So obviously my preference here is a little selective.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Haha ya i get you man
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:55 am

*AHEM*, that Homopage link has some doosies if you want to read some of the comments:

Comments
#1 | funnylatinsuperman on January 25, 2012 7:53am EST
Dang! I was hoping they'd keep Pete black... Sad Angry
#2 | Zokal on January 25, 2012 8:19am EST
Laurence Fishburne is playing Perry White. They have their token black character. It would actually worked well for the film, but, well all the stuff around Smallville (the show), right.
#3 | Zokal on January 25, 2012 8:23am EST
BTW, I pick this kid for Bonaduche in a Partridge Family movie/

It goes on:

#5 | Supereyes on January 25, 2012 9:28am EST
Judging from the previous set photos we've seen of Henry Cavill playing Clark Kent in Smallville, he seems to resemble young Clark Kent from the TV series "Smallville". I'm guessing when Nolan and Goyer's origin story arrives in Smallville, they'll try to make a better version than TV show, only better.

Pete's never had a general look since he hasn't been a major important character in the comics. Doesn't matter what he looks like.

Duh Homopage never fails to disappoint now does it? Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:12 am

non_amos wrote:*AHEM*, that Homopage link has some doosies if you want to read some of the comments:
No kidding!

Miscellaneous Eunuch page ignoramuses wrote:Comments
#1 | funnylatinsuperman on January 25, 2012 7:53am EST
Dang! I was hoping they'd keep Pete black... Sad Angry
#2 | Zokal on January 25, 2012 8:19am EST
Laurence Fishburne is playing Perry White. They have their token black character. It would actually worked well for the film, but, well all the stuff around Smallville (the show), right.
Apart from the obvious, what bothers me here is that, although I love it, Sam Jones has started defining what Pete is all about rather than reflecting. Get it? Yeah, the dude's black but that's not how the character was ever presented before and SV shouldn't define the character's entire future just because it's the only thing some people are familiar with. Hell, that same basic thing applies to Christopher Reeve in a sense. Yeah, I dig his portrayal too but for fuck's sake there's more to Superman than what Reeve brought to it. But someone who only watches the motherfucking movies wouldn't necessarily know that. Anyway...

It goes on:

Apologist prick wrote:#5 | Supereyes on January 25, 2012 9:28am EST
Judging from the previous set photos we've seen of Henry Cavill playing Clark Kent in Smallville, he seems to resemble young Clark Kent from the TV series "Smallville". I'm guessing when Nolan and Goyer's origin story arrives in Smallville, they'll try to make a better version than TV show, only better.
A better version but BETTER. With redundancy like that which is very redundant, he should go to work for the government.

Duh Homopage never fails to disappoint now does it? Smile
It used to bug me. But then I remember SV went on for ten seasons while nobody will remember Singerman, except maybe as a cautionary tale as to what NOT to do with the character.

That's satisfaction money can't buy.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 am

yup say what you will about sv it has a longer, lasting effect on the superman legacy then Sr will ever have.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:57 am

https://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

Spoiler:

I'm not sure where on IMDB they got this info but they seem to think it's reliable. What say you?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 am

Spoiler:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:29 am

Spoiler:
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:02 pm

non_amos wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Ya I see probably 2 scenes of kid actors, maybe another 2/3 scenes as adult clark as we saw from plano shoot. Then the rest in metropolis and the othher locales of the film..
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:38 am

If Whitney didn't completely not look the part, I would've guessed his role would've been similar to Brad's in STM. Now, I have no idea.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next