Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 27 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Well if they do decide to do 3d I hope they decide on that sooner rather then later and do a rush sloopy job a month or so before release.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
James Stocks wrote:STAR TREK went through exactly the same thing. It was all filmed in 2007 with a Christmas 2008 release date set. By the time everything was well in the can Paramount decided to push it back for a May 2009 release and make it one of their summer tentpole films.

Uh, then it's NOT the same thing. At all.

'Man Of Steel' originally had a December release date. WB, in their infinite wisdom, decided to NOT have it compete against one of their own pictures. So they pushed it to June of '13 BEFORE they started shooting. Not after it was filmed. So for a studio to decide to hold back on showing things AFTER the film was shot and date was changed is different from a movie with a FIRM release date being shot and in the can with exactly TWO "official" releases in almost a year. Doesn't make sense.

Well, I stand corrected. I could have sworn the date change was made after filming is done... Oh well.

I also noticed you ignored my addict theory. Interesting....

Oh, and I won't forget.
I'll be honest, I didn't even read it. It was your other points I was more interesting in talking about.

To go back to my crack-addict analogy, think of it this way: When you have someone you want to get hooked on your product, you give them a little taste here. A taste there. Get them JONESING for your product so that when the time comes, they are yours no matter WHAT the price. You DON'T withhold your shit, dangling it in front of their faces for a year and a half, and then expect them to be there when YOU decide they get some.

Makes sense, but given that we have a whole year left before we actually see the flick WB still has the time to build up the hype, assuming they do release a trailer with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. I do agree that they could have release a few bits and pieces during all this time, but I don't think it's too late. Showcasing MOS right before TDKR at this point seems like a nice way to make up for the lack of news. If they miss this chance and push back the promotional stuff even further then I might get peeved. Nobody's gonna hold a grudge about this lack of news by the time they start rolling in, well at least most fans...
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:54 pm

RE: IMAX 3D no go

While I'm not crazy about the 3D craze (I only actually go to those when the films are actually shot in said format, AVATAR, HUGO, PROMETHEUS), it does kind of suck that SUPERMAN won't get the 3D treatment. I mean, this is about a guy who can fly faster than a speeding bullet! I can see the appeal of a 3D Superman.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 pm

James Stocks wrote:Well, I stand corrected. I could have sworn the date change was made after filming is done... Oh well.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1183302p1.html

Man of Steel Changes Release Date
Zack Snyder's Superman movie will now hit theatres in 2013.
July 21, 2011

Filming ended in February, 2012.

I'll be honest, I didn't even read it. It was your other points I was more interesting in talking about.

It's a good one, hopefully you read it...

Apologist Puncher wrote:To go back to my crack-addict analogy, think of it this way: When you have someone you want to get hooked on your product, you give them a little taste here. A taste there. Get them JONESING for your product so that when the time comes, they are yours no matter WHAT the price. You DON'T withhold your shit, dangling it in front of their faces for a year and a half, and then expect them to be there when YOU decide they get some.

Makes sense, but given that we have a whole year left before we actually see the flick WB still has the time to build up the hype, assuming they do release a trailer with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. I do agree that they could have release a few bits and pieces during all this time, but I don't think it's too late. Showcasing MOS right before TDKR at this point seems like a nice way to make up for the lack of news. If they miss this chance and push back the promotional stuff even further then I might get peeved. Nobody's gonna hold a grudge about this lack of news by the time they start rolling in, well at least most fans...

Ahh, so you finally did! Good.

Here's the thing though: Releasing some pics, posters, little glimpses here and there would have done NOTHING to diminish the marketing campaign they have laid-out for this film. Nothing. So by NOT doing it, all they did was annoy some of the people they most need on their side.

Trust me when I say, my family and friends will come to me BEFORE they give MOS a shot.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I agree. For me J.J. Abrams is the worst offender of the super-secret-mystery-box approach and it annoys me to no fucking end because a lot of what's being kept under wraps is inconsequential stuff like the name of the villain, imagine not knowing who the villain for MOS was at this point. It hit the lowest with SUPER 8 and all the talk about a big secret the film that when it finally came out it was a big load of nothing.

WB may be withholding info and they could put out more stuff, but at least Superman fans have something to talk about that's relevant like the synopsis and how Zod's role will play out. Hopefully by next week when the teaser is released we'll have more substantial stuff to talk about.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:29 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Here's the thing though: Releasing some pics, posters, little glimpses here and there would have done NOTHING to diminish the marketing campaign they have laid-out for this film. Nothing. So by NOT doing it, all they did was annoy some of the people they most need on their side.

Trust me when I say, my family and friends will come to me BEFORE they give MOS a shot.
The other side of that is that it gives us fans little or nothing to talk about.

Comic Book Store Dude- "Oh hey, new Superman movie next year."
Me- "Yep."
Comic Book Store Dude- "Sure hope Snyder does a good job!"
Me- "Yep."
Comic Book Store Dude- "..."
Me- "..."
Comic Book Store Dude- "So, I sure loved the fuck out of the Avengers!"

And the hell of it is that I remember how fans reacted when the Singerman bikini picture was released. Not. Good. At all. "Wtf, is that a BLACK cape?!", "the skinny dude looks kinda pale, doesn't he?", "What's up with that chest emblem?".

The MOS suit has had mostly positive reactions from what I've seen (apart from the MIA trunks, of course).

We WANT to talk about this thing but they're not letting us!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 am

It does suck with waiting and waiting as wb has done. Like ap has said filming been done for months. We know from most of cast they done photoshoots. So why couldn't wb have released some promo/set still of cavill as clark/cavill as superman, a lois still, perry, etc.... shots. Along with something more then just the s shield poster. Sure we do have a yr from release. But something more then the one poster/superman image since filming wrapped would be great. Then of course do big media blitz in fall/winter when full trailer hits. Then with that we could have been slowing building excitment and all for the film. With peaks/teases since filming wrapped, do a big reveal at comic con, and then the big hurrah in fall when the main press wing of promotion gets going. Now at this rate we just get overloaded with stuff within the 6 months before film is out. Which could be a bad way to go cause folks could be sick of seeing constiant mos stuff and just decide they don't want to see it. Or they ie wb revealed way to make before film is out and ruin the big reveals/surpises.

Like ap said above with that discussion talk that is how its like for me when I chat with my comic shop guys I chat with. Or my fellow comic book lover coworkers and friends. When I mention mos. We just have nothing to really say. Beside oh snyder director, and who is in the cast. Not much to really sell the film off. And all. That is what wb needs to get the general audiences and the divided fans from sr on them. So we can make this superman the big success.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Snyder and cavill confirmed for MOS panel:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=63616
SDCC '12: Zack Snyder And Henry Cavill To Be In Attendance To Take Questions On MAN OF STEEL

It is known that Man of Steel will have a presence at this years San Diego Comic Con in Hall H. What was not known was whether anyone from the film team would be there, until now. A press release has confirmed that director Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill will be there for a Q and A session. WaylonJones - 7/12/2012

A couple days ago a press release was posted for Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures booth that will be at Comic Con. The release talked about different things to expect, including some art from Man Of Steel. Warner Brother has issued a new press release that stated director Zack Snyder WILL be at Comic Con to field questions on his highly anticipated Superman tale that is scheduled to hit theaters on June 14, 2013. The Hollywood Reporter is also reporting that new Superman Henry Cavill will be showing up during the panel as well. The press release also contains some information on Peter Jackson's The Hobbit presentation as well as Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim. Check it out below.

Press Release:

Warner Bros. Pictures Showcases Films, Filmmakers and Stars at Comic-Con

Warner Bros. Pictures will once again have a major presence at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, including appearances by fan-favorite stars and filmmakers from some of the Studio’s most anticipated films. Comic-Con attendees will also be treated to never-before-seen footage, including some that will be shown nowhere else. Talent from the films will also be on hand to answer questions, sign autographs, and more.

On Saturday, July 14th, in Hall H, beginning at 2:30 p.m., Warner Bros. Pictures will showcase a number of the releases upcoming from the Studio and its partners at Legendary Pictures, New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. The special star-studded presentation also holds some surprises for the 6,500-plus fans in the convention’s largest presentation space.

The program highlights include a film that has already generated huge buzz: “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” directed by Peter Jackson, the Oscar®-winning filmmaker of the blockbuster “Lord of the Rings” trilogy. Jackson, who just wrapped production in New Zealand, is embarking on his own journey halfway around the world to greet fans, who are already counting down to the December 14th opening of “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.”

Joining Jackson on the stage will be Oscar®-winning screenwriter Philippa Boyens, along with several of the film’s stars, including Martin Freeman, who portrays the title character, Bilbo Baggins; Richard Armitage, who plays the fierce leader of the Dwarves, Thorin Oakenshield; the legendary Sir Ian McKellen, who returns as Gandalf; and fan favorite Andy Serkis, the extraordinary talent who is truly behind the character of Gollum. Attendees will also be invited to ask questions about the making of this epic adventure.

The presentation also includes the DC Comics superhero who, inarguably, started it all. Superman will be back on the big screen next Summer in the much-anticipated action adventure “Man of Steel.” Filmmaker Zack Snyder, the director behind “300” and “Watchmen,” will be at Comic-Con and will take questions from the audience about the making of “Man of Steel,” which opens on June 14, 2013.

Guillermo del Toro, the acclaimed writer/director of such films as “Pan’s Labyrinth” and the “Hellboy” films, will also be on hand with a preview of his science fiction action adventure, “Pacific Rim,” opening on July 12, 2013. The film’s stars Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day and Ron Perlman will join the director on stage for the presentation, which includes never-before-seen footage cut together exclusively for Comic-Con. Fans will also have an opportunity to engage in a Q & A with del Toro and his cast.

On the main convention floor, the Studio has created a must-see, 3,600-plus square-foot booth that demands repeated visits to capture it all. Located at Space #4545, the Warner Bros. booth is the place to be for autograph signings, photo ops and more, with stars and creators from some of the Studio’s upcoming feature films, as well as hit TV shows, interactive titles, award-winning animated properties and new Blu-ray™ & DVD releases.

The booth will showcase static displays of the “Man of Steel” Superman costume, and Batman’s amazing two-wheeled Bat-Pod, which was introduced in the 2008 record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight” and is featured again in this Summer’s most anticipated film, “The Dark Knight Rises.”

The multi-leveled Warner Bros. booth also features a dedicated area for “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” featuring column and wall mountings of lenticular imagery from the film, as well as a scroll depicting the story. Images from that film, as well as other upcoming Warner Bros. projects, including “The Dark Knight Rises,” will be displayed on virtually every surface of the booth, drawing the eye from floor to ceiling.

While the Warner Bros. booth will have something to see at every minute of every day of the convention, on Saturday, July 14th, it will be the place to be to meet and greet some of the stars and filmmakers from several of the Studio’s upcoming features. Some of the autograph signing opportunities include “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” stars Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage and Andy Serkis, from 11:15 a.m. to 12 noon; from “Pacific Rim,” stars Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day and Ron Perlman, and director Guillermo del Toro, from 3:55 to 4:55 p.m.; and “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder from 5:00 to 5:30 p.m. (Please note that times are approximate. Check your schedule and other announcements for updates.)

About “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” – Opening on December 14, 2012:

From Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM). The film follows title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever…Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum’s “precious” ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities… A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know. The screenplay for “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” is by Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson & Guillermo del Toro, based on The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien. Jackson is also producing the film, together with Carolynne Cunningham, Zane Weiner and Fran Walsh. The executive producers are Alan Horn, Toby Emmerich, Ken Kamins and Carolyn Blackwood.

About “Man of Steel” – Opening on June 14, 2013:

Next summer, “Man of Steel” is coming to the big screen, presented by Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Legendary Pictures. Directed by Zack Snyder, the film is produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder, with Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters serving as executive producers. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Comics. “Man of Steel” stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni and Russell Crowe.

About “Pacific Rim” – Opening on July 12, 2013:

From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ sci-fi action adventure “Pacific Rim.” When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot and an untested trainee who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse. “Pacific Rim” stars Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, and Charlie Day. “Pacific Rim” was written by Travis Beacham. Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Mary Parent are producing, with Callum Greene serving as executive producer.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Another rumor on that whole 3d thing:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=63644
SCOOP: Details On The 3D Conversion For MAN OF STEEL

Last Week IMAX posted that Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel was getting post converted into 3D,only to have Warner Brothers dispute the posting. Click here to find out what is really going down on Superman's journey to the third dimension. WaylonJones - 7/12/2012

Will they or wont they? That has been the question ever since a report from IMAX that Man Of Steel is being converted to 3D. They posted it last week with several news sites picking up the information, then Warner Brothers sent out e-mails saying that the info was false and they have not made a decision on 3D conversion yet. Well according to my WB insider they WILL be converting the film to 3D, and are none to happy with IMAX for jumping the gun on the announcement. The reason they are not happy is because WB had just signed the contracts to do the conversion and was wanting to make the announcement themselves during the films viral marketing closer to the release date. They are wanting to put it off for as long as they can because they know how fans feel about 3D movies and are wanting to avoid any bad press for the flick right out of the gate. The conversion will be handled by two companies who were not disclosed to me. However, I was told that the work on the 3D conversion begins next month in August. To further support this information take a look at the photo to the right that was captured during the Plano, IL shoot by Gregory Zonsius.
We Need Some Movie News - Page 27 3Dscanner
The piece of equipment you are looking at is a 3D environmental scanner. What it does it scans the environment and takes measurements for the post 3D conversion process.

Another interesting bit of info regarding the 3D conversion is that it was the cause of the release date change that was announced during last years San Diego Comic Con. The film was originally set for release date of December of this year but was moved to June 14th of 2013. The conversion process takes roughly eight months to complete, and Warner wants to make sure they have plenty of time to get it done.

Man Of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Russell Crowe, Laurence Fishburne with Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, and will be released on June 14, 2013.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 am

comicbookmovie.com wrote:The reason they are not happy is because WB had just signed the contracts to do the conversion and was wanting to make the announcement themselves during the films viral marketing closer to the release date. They are wanting to put it off for as long as they can because they know how fans feel about 3D movies and are wanting to avoid any bad press for the flick right out of the gate.
Let's accept that premise for a minute, shall we? If we assume that this is true (which itself assumes I give two fucks about seeing MOS in 3D)... WB knows perfectly well how most fans feel about 3D and are going ahead with something they know beyond any shadow of a doubt is at best neutral news and at worst bad news.

On top of that, we don't have any relevant news or promo stuff coming down the pipeline. Jackshit.

Well done, WB... in that "not at all" kind of way...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
comicbookmovie.com wrote:The reason they are not happy is because WB had just signed the contracts to do the conversion and was wanting to make the announcement themselves during the films viral marketing closer to the release date. They are wanting to put it off for as long as they can because they know how fans feel about 3D movies and are wanting to avoid any bad press for the flick right out of the gate.
Let's accept that premise for a minute, shall we? If we assume that this is true (which itself assumes I give two fucks about seeing MOS in 3D)... WB knows perfectly well how most fans feel about 3D and are going ahead with something they know beyond any shadow of a doubt is at best neutral news and at worst bad news.

On top of that, we don't have any relevant news or promo stuff coming down the pipeline. Jackshit.

Well done, WB... in that "not at all" kind of way...

What gets me is, they want to put off any "bad press" by having NO PRESS AT ALL.

Well done, Bros. Warner. Well done.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 am

Publicity of any sort is GOOD publicity, they should know that.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 am

So a G rated trailer, eh? Let's hope they show something more juicy at the Comic-Con (showing just the teaser we'll all see in a week would be a waste, although no footage has been cofirmed, unlike for The Hobbit and Pacific Rim...), I thought they'd want to promote the new ´´action heavy`` Superman from the get go...
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 am

Alf that classification thing was from another country where there ratings system is different. So I wouldn't put much into that.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/13/3703313/can-superman-still-save-the-day.html
Can Superman still save the day?

BY GEOFF BOUCHER Los Angeles Times

LOS ANGELES -- It seems strange to ask - rude even -given Superman's long history as a bulletproof champion of American pop culture, but the question will hang in the air this weekend at Comic-Con International: Can Superman still fly as a film franchise?

Hollywood's next Superman, a chiseled and charismatic Brit named Henry Cavill, will greet about 6,500 fans in the hangar-like Hall H of the San Diego Convention Center on Saturday as part of Warner Bros.' panel at the annual pop culture expo. The director of the upcoming Superman reboot, "Man of Steel," Zack Snyder, will show the first footage from the film that brings the "first and greatest" superhero of them all back to the screen in June 2013.

The studio has a handy way to remind people that Superman was the first of his kind - the movie arrives the same month as the character's 75th anniversary - but it may be harder to convince the Xbox generation that this icon of the Roosevelt era is still, in fact, great.

He might simply be too good for these times. Movie fans today seem to prefer bad boys like Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark - the actor will be on hand for the Marvel Studios Hall H presentation to promote the upcoming "Iron Man 3." His character is arrogant, decadent and has a corporate jet with a stripper pole - and that makes him a rebel with a crowd in today's popcorn scene, where Jack Sparrow, James Bond and Captain Kirk are kindred spirits.

In addition to the bad-boy tricksters, there are also the haunted, volatile loners (Batman, Wolverine, even Jason Bourne) and the misunderstood kids who become empowered underdogs (Spider-Man, Harry Potter, Sam Witwicky in the "Transformers" films). So, where does Superman fit in?

To Larry Tye, author of "Superman," the just-published Random House "biography" of the character and his creators, Superman's differences make him more powerful than ever. Tye predicts that "Man of Steel" is arriving just in the nick of time.

"It's precisely because we have so many dark heroes and fraught ones, that we're aching for a 'Big Blue Boy Scout' who knows right from wrong instinctually," Tye said. "If we look back at history we see that Superman does best when America is doing worst, like when he came to life in 1938, in the middle of the Great Depression and on the eve of World War II. It was an era much like ours, when the economy is teetering and we can't seem to extract ourselves from overseas conflicts."

But John Koukoutsakis, a merchant at Comic-Con who had no buyers Thursday for his FDR-era Superman memorabilia, said: "Superman is too wholesome. He's the character who plays by the rules. Who wants that? Everyone wants edgy heroes now."

Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster in the days of heavyweight heroes and global clarity about the forces of evil. In June 1938, the refugee from another planet landed at newsstands full of headlines about Joe Louis knocking out Max Schmeling, the German fighter who many feared would be taking the heavyweight championship home to Adolf Hitler.

With all the newsprint gray, the bright yellow-and-red cover of the inaugural "Action" issue seized young eyes - as did the blue-and-red figure who looked like a circus strongman or Hercules in long johns. The concept ricocheted around the globe. The hero quickly went up, up and away with a syndicated newspaper strip starting in 1939, radio series in 1940 and silver-screen serial in 1941.

In the decades since there have been many versions to choose from: Christopher Reeve and George Reeves, the Fleischer Bros. cartoons and "Smallville," Kirk Alyn in serials and Bob Holiday on Broadway.

The hero's last Hollywood mission, "Superman Returns" in 2006, was one of the most expensive films ever (the production budget was $270 million and marketing costs pushed it well north of $325 million) but its worldwide box office total was $392 million. That's far less than, say, "Iron Man," which cost $140 million and flew home with $585 million.

"Superman Returns" director Bryan Singer darkened the colors of the hero's suit and the tone of his world. The result gave the movie an uncertainty at the edges and stiffness at the center. The Singer movie was also a valentine to Richard Donner's version of the hero, which took flight in the 1978 smash starring Christopher Reeve. That film mesmerized a young Singer, and his movie was tied to it in startling ways (he re-used the John Williams score, added a cameo by Marlon Brando as Jor-El, etc.).

Tye says that was one bumpy flight in a long career.

"The lesson isn't that Superman is flawed but that somehow their film was," Tye said. "We'll see, of course, next summer. But Superman's handlers have had misses in the past ... and he's always managed to make them look good by coming back stronger."

In an interview last year, Snyder said if he makes mistakes they will be new ones.

"We're making a movie that finally goes with the approach that there's been no other Superman movies," Snyder said.

Cavill is the first non-American to play the hero in a major live-action film or TV project but, really, the character is the ultimate immigrant anyway, given his outer space origins. The native of the small island of Jersey off Normandy, France, is the muscular version of the hero, and Snyder's history of sinewy men of action in "300" promises that there will be nothing meek about this incarnation of the hero - except for Clark Kent, his alter ego, and even he gets something of a rugged makeover.

Grant Morrison, the Scottish comic book veteran who now writes Superman for DC, said the character needs a little John Wayne or Rocky Balboa in his heart. "The noble attempts to portray him as a Christ-like, American redeemer figure in 'Superman Returns' had the unfortunate effect of making him a limp and wimpy punch bag," Morrison said. "Superman is a highly principled hero, but he's no pacifist; he's a brawler who doesn't give in until he's dead or the bad guy's down."

Warner Bros. could use a heroic idea, especially now that Harry Potter has moved on from Hogwarts, and director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale are packing up their boxes in the Batcave with "The Dark Knight Rises," the final installment in their Gotham trilogy due out July 20.

"Man of Steel" has Nolan as a producer and he shares a story credit (with David S. Goyer). While their story is being kept under wraps, the film does begin on doomed Krypton and it adds new key elements to the mythology of that planet and baby Kal-El, who grows up to be Superman on Earth.

The cast is led by six Oscar nominees or winners: Amy Adams as Lois Lane; Michael Shannon as the ruthless General Zod; Russell Crowe as Jor-El; Laurence Fishburne as Perry White; and Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Kal-El's adoptive parents, the Kents.

Star Cavill understands the inherent risks of wearing the cape, but he believes that the character is rich and dynamic enough to win over a new generation of fans and strong enough to inject optimism into gloomy times.

"People can still look into the character of Superman and have polar opposite opinions about what he is and who he is," Cavill told the Los Angeles Times in an interview last year. "That's the wonder of mythology. We make the interpretations and hear the messages we want to hear."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:04 am

webhead2006 wrote:Alf that classification thing was from another country where there ratings system is different. So I wouldn't put much into that.

Yes, Canada. Not much difference really. They rated TASM and Avengers teaser trailers PG-13 just like in the USA. G rated means there will be no violence (no indication of Superman in a battle) no frigthening scenes (so will they show Shannon at all? Very Happy ). Probably just some wide shots, quick character glimpses, a voice over. Maybe a shot of flying if we're lucky, or CK/Superman lifting things (*sigh*....). Snyder cuts great teasers/trailers though. Without the Nolanized producers and studio excecutives on his back of course. Razz
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Here's a thought I had about the teaser trailer ONLY being available if you actually go & see THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. It's obviously a 'cash grab'. Think about it. TDKR initially had trailers at the theater, supposedly not yet available online. They also had their traditional 6-minute prologue which you supposedly could only see if you went to an IMAX theater. Nevertheless crappy bootlegs made their way online & in the case of the 6-minute prologue, people were even 'flipping the image'. But here's the thing. In either case, trailers or prologue, it wasn't hardly any time before official versions were online on Youtube & elsewhere.

But what does this have to do with THE MAN OF STEEL teaser trailer? I think it's a 'cash grab' in a sense to 'pump up' sales for TDKR. I think duh studio already knows they're not gonna top AVENGERS. But you can't blame them for trying, right? So I think this is a ploy to get more people to go see the film than might would otherwise. Like some fans see TDKR as 'meh'. But the same fans are chomping at the bit to see anything pertaining to footage from MOS! So those fans who might not have gone & seen TDKR, even in a regular theater, will then be making a conscious effort to get seats at IMAX even if the sole purpose is to get a glimpse at MOS. Therfore it 'pumps up' TDKR's sales, especially opening weekend. Now tell me this ain't a ploy.

Expect crappy bootlegs to show up online anyway because, after all, it is duh Internets but..........also expect duh brothers to be taking them down left & right! You'll probably click on a Youtube link possibly even posted on these forums only to find a message that it's been 'removed due to a copyright claim by the owner' or some such so you better watch things immediately. Of course certainly it'll eventually be online officially before MOS's release? But I think the point now is to 'put butts in the seats' for TDKR.

THE AVENGERS still for the win!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Snyder/cavill signing autographs at SDCC:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63808
If you're anywhere other than the San Diego Comic-Con right now, prepare to feel extremely envious. Following the Warner Bros./Legendary Pictures Hall H panel later today, Man of Steel star Henry Cavill and director Zack Snyder will be hosting a signing at the Warner Bros. booth on the show floor. Deadline exclusively reveals that they will be at booth #4535 at 5PM (hey, there's always eBay!). The studio has already confirmed that Snyder would appear on the panel alongside The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey director Peter Jackson and Pacific Rim director Guillermo Del Toro, although Cavill's appearance had been pure speculation up until this point. It is thought that the Man of Steel panel will last for 30 minutes, so it seems very likely that they'll be showing off some footage - or at least the teaser trailer - from the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:38 pm

non_amos wrote:Here's a thought I had about the teaser trailer ONLY being available if you actually go & see THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. It's obviously a 'cash grab'. Think about it. TDKR initially had trailers at the theater, supposedly not yet available online. They also had their traditional 6-minute prologue which you supposedly could only see if you went to an IMAX theater. Nevertheless crappy bootlegs made their way online & in the case of the 6-minute prologue, people were even 'flipping the image'. But here's the thing. In either case, trailers or prologue, it wasn't hardly any time before official versions were online on Youtube & elsewhere.
We're straying off topic a little bit here but whatever. I'm cool with that. Anyway, seems you're closer than you may realize. A friend of mine recently told me that his sole interest in seeing TDKRises is the MOS trailer at the beginning. Obviously you don't buy a movie ticket just to see one trailer (or I'd hope so anyway) so he'll stick around for the movie itself... but he was very clear that he'll only see TDKRises if there's an MOS teaser in there. Otherwise, he's perfectly content to wait for DVD to see TDKRises... if even then.

If TDKRises has, I dunno, a $100 million or something opening weekend, no, we can't credit all of that to the MOS trailer. Shit, I doubt we could even credit 5% of it to the MOS trailer. But in many cases, it seems that people are seeing TDKRises for something other than the movie itself (MOS trailer, "Anne Hathaway is hot", "I'm a huge Christian Bale fan", etc). I know very few people who are excited to see TDKRises just because it's TDKRises. It all makes you wonder how much of TDKRises will be directly related to the movie rather than some external factor.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Tweets from Man Of Steel Hall H panel:
https://twitter.com/ManofSteel_2013/tweets

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 33s Panel has ended

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 21s All descipts courtesy of @comingsoonnet PLEASE FOLLOW They did an xcellent job!!!

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 24s They're going to be giving out the posters at a signing later today

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 51s house in order and then we'll see what happens."

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 56s Re JLA "Let's say this. We know that Superman is the jewel in the DC crown. What we're trying to do is to get his

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 2m Snyder won't confirm Zod is villain. Are we in for a big, awesome, surprise?

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 51s None of the trademark Snyder shots in the trailer. No slo-mo or shuttery frames

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 49s Zack is talking about not using the Williams theme because he tried to imagine the film as if no one had ever done Superman before

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 40s There's a flash of Zod, but literally so fast you just see his face

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 31s Apparently someone witnessed young Clark as a child saving the bus with his powers

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 41s We also hear a woman's voice saying "My son saw what Clark did on that bus."

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 19s There's a major discussion in the narration about the world turning against Superman because they don't trust him if he ever appears

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 55s And the military turning their weapons on Superman

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 26s Superman climbing out of a pile of skulls

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 46s Gritty isn't the right world. It looks real, but not "dark"

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 1m They're showing a teaser poster now that is a medium shot of Superman with the face in shadows and the logo prominent on his chest

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 2m The whole look of it has a very dark, autumny feel to it all

Julia @juliamc1 3m @ManofSteel_2013 It's actually ridiculous how excited I am about this teaser. I'm no Batman fan, but I'll be watching TDKR for this! Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013

Mark Green @MarkGreen74 3m @ManofSteel_2013 Well that was the best 5 minutes I've had since last nights playboy channel!! THANK YOU!! :-D Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 2m About to show the teaser again.

Eric Vespe @EricVespe 7m Wasn't sold on Henry Cavill before this footage, but he really seems to sell the character without calling back to Christopher Reeve Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 3m ComingSoonDOTnet... you rock

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 4m A man in a Superman hoodie is crying, he's so excited o be asking a question

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 4m Snyder says it's a mix of a number of comic book storylines and not based on any single arc

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 4m Henry Cavill has taken the stage! 111

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 5m Another of him crashing into the bank vault we saw in the first still. It looks like he's been thrown.

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 5m There's a flash of Clark, shirtless, with his whole body on fire

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 5m We see Clark (without seeing his face) stepping into an elevator and begin to lift glasses to his face

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 6m One flash has Superman (in costume) -- seemingly in handcuffs -- being led down a hallway by a security force

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 6m A single flash of Amy Adams' Lois Lane

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 6m There are flashing of Superman flying and one of him catching someone falling off a building

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 7m We see Superman in the suit. First from a distance and then walking across a snowy plain

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 7m We see Clark talking to Jor-El. They're standing right in front of one another, but think it's a holographic projection though it looks live

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 8m "People are afraid of what they don't understand," says Costner

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 8m The bus crashed in the water and we see him swimming, pulling the door off.

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 8m Clark, as a teen, saved a bus of kids

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 8m We're jumping back and forth through time periods

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 9m Clark holds a small piece of metal with the S logo on the end

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 10m We see Clark being brought to the Kent barn and shown the spaceship that has been hidden there

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 11m We hear Russell Crowe's voice talking about children being inspired to greater things

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 11m An older, bearded Clark walks a snowy road in an arctic town.

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 11m We see flashes of Smallville. The farm house. Clark running in a red cape as a child.

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 14m About to show footage.

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 14m CONFIRMED: TEASER WITH TDKR

Cosmic Book News @cosmicbooknews 15m Zack Snyder on Superman "He wants to make it so he can beat the s--t out of people" movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/superm… Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013

superotherside @superotherside 16m Shooting is completed and it's all in post-production #ManOfSteel Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013

Dennis Jacobs @KosherD 17m MAN OF STEEL! Zack Snyder is here. Can't wait until footage. Stay tuned! Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 17m It's on peeps!!!

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 17m SPNNINNG.... Zack on stage!

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 17m "LIGHTS ARE DOWN..... logo"

Man of Steel 2013 @ManofSteel_2013 18m Campaign talk is over... moving onto .... #ManofSteel

Massimiliano Orione @MassimilianoOr5 20m @mark_taylor1973 @ManofSteel_2013 here in italy it's 00:41...but for the big S this and more! #ManofSteel Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013

Matt Bagshaw @TheNo1Baggy 20m I have spoke about the new @ManofSteel_2013 to everyone at work. IM TOO EXCITED Retweeted by Man of Steel 2013
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 27 Empty Man Of Steel Teaser Poster

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Teaser poster thanks to superman in 2013 facebook/twitter page:
We Need Some Movie News - Page 27 AxzLFyICEAMqw2a
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Footage description:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63825

ComingSoon.net have provided a description of the Man of Steel footage shown at this year's San Diego Comic-Con and what follows are the highlights from what was revealed during the Hall H panel. According to the site (and many other people who were in attendance whose reaction can be found below) The Man of Steel footage shown apparently looks totally different to past Superman movies. It was seemingly a combination of the teaser trailer (which has now been confirmed as being attached to The Dark Knight Rises) and Comic-Con exclusive content. Flashes of Smallville were shown, including the Kent farm house and a shot of a young Clark Kent running in a red cape. A grown up and bearded Clark is then shown walking on a snowy raod in an snowy town with a voice-over from Russell Crow's Jor-El (talking about children being, "inspired to greater things") and Kevin Costner's Jonathan Kent giving Clark advice on becoming the man he wants to be. Clark is then shown in the Kent barn looking at the spaceship he crashed to Earth in, and holding a small piece of metal with the "S" logo on it.

The footage then flashes to different periods in his life, showing him as a teenager saving a bus of children who have crashed in the water as he pulls the door off. "People are afraid of what they don't understand," says Costner as the scene transitions to Clark talking to what appears to be a holographic projection of Jor-El (although it apparently appeared as if they're standing right in front of one another). Superman is then finally shown in full costume. First from a distanc and then walking across a snowy landscape. The iconic superhero is shown flying and catching someone who falls from a building, with only a single flash of Lois Lane, before it shows Supes in costume and seemingly in handcuffs being led down a hallway by armed guards. Clark is shown in an elevator lifting glasses to his face, before the footage concluded with a shot of him shirtless and on fire and then being thrown into the bank fault first revealed in the image released last year. When the footage was shown a second time, it was also noted that it contains a very brief glimpse of Zod, Superman pulling himself out a pile of skulls, the military turning their weapons on him and a woman claiming to have seen him saving her child when he was a teenager.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 pm

HA! Latino Review used to be such a BJ Routh blower, now look:

LatinoReview-Kel@Latinoreview

1000000000xxx better looking than SUPERMAN RETURNS. Man of Steel really looks promising.

14 Jul 12

Boy, how times change...

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Did you mean all posters for latino review or just this guy or that other one el maybio(spelling?).
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Much better description here:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/14/extended-man-of-steel-teaser-brings-superman-to-comic-con/

Extended Man of Steel Teaser Brings Superman To Comic-Con
Written on July 14, 2012 by Brendon Connelly

We’ve just been treated to a Con-exclusive teaser for Man of Steel.

Surprisingly, the look of Zack Snyder‘s footage leans on the handheld, intimate look of something like a Bourne movie. Shots tended to focus on details, the camera operator tended to walk behind characters, or hold the shot loose. Snyder has tended towards a very different look before, so I wasn’t expecting this at all.

But beyond the look, what did today’s trailer reveal?

We saw several shots of a young Clark Kent. As a very young kid, he is seen playing outside of the Kent’s house, wearing a cape, running about and posing. As a teenager he’s seen saving a school bus of kids after it comes off a bridge and plunges into water.

I managed to get down most of the voice ver heard in the trailer. Here it is.

Jor-El asks “What if a child dreamed of beaming something other than what society had intended? What if a child dreamed of becoming something greater.”

An unknown woman says “My son was in the bus. He saw what Clark did” as we see footage of the school bus accident and Clark saving them.

A man say “People are afraid of what they don’t understand.” I think that was Jonathan Kent, and this next snippet definitely was. As Jonathan Kent unveils the craft that brought Kal-El to earth he says “It’s not from this world, Clark. And neither are you.”

A bearded Clark says “I have so many questions.” Clark meets his actual biological dad as an adult, which suggests that either Jor-El has survived, or when he appear to Clark in the fortress of solitude (or, I guess, wherever) he seems to be fully tangible.

Jo-El talks about the choice Clark has to make about who he’s going to be. Whoever [you'll be] Clark, good character or bad, it’s going to change the world.

Some shots showed Superman on fire. There’s a shot of him flying, catching somebody falling. We see him in cuffs, being led along by the military. He’s seen kissing Amy Adams as Lois Lane, while in his Clark guise, I believe.

We get to see Clark arrive at work at the Daily Planet, apparently just tucking something away in his bag, pulling out his glasses and slipping them on.

Snyder continued to deny the involvement of Zod in the film, to a comical extent even, but we see him in the trailer footage, just for a brief moment.

At the end of the trailer, Superman says of Jonathan Kent’s feelings on Superman:

He was convinced that the world wasn’t ready. What do you think?

Who is he asking? Lois? Kal-El? We’ll have to wait and see.

A shorter teaser trailer is to go wide later this week and play with The Dark Knight Rises. We’ll bring it to you here, of course.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Also if any one wants to see the teaser poster shown/given out at panel I created a separate thread for it.

COLORS EDIT- I merged them.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next