Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 7 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 7 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:40 pm

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:Ya I heard of that too. Probably could be nolan though he is busy with batman right now. So maybe it was snyder who didn't want stuff out yet. Also I read that some buss accident scene was also filming too. Which sounds neat. A bus going over a bridge.
Sounds like something new, exciting and original for a Superman movie.

Did you forget to add the 'wink' to that? Wink
Heh heh...

That was in the first Superman film. Why do we need it again? Are we to have another 'plane rescue' also? Maybe Lois falls out of a helicopter? How about preventing a couple of nukes? "Yesss, Mr Lu-thhhooorrrrr!" Rolling Eyes
Well, to be fair to Snyder (A) we haven't seen the sequence yet obviously and (B) my hunch is that he may throw the occasional wink at Donner but he'll take extra steps to go his own way with the film (as Mark Waid did in Birthright). So if Superman rescues a bus, he may catch it in mid-air or something. It'll somewhat harken back to Donner perhaps but it'll still be Snyder bringing his own approach to it.

As long as the Donner winks are few and far between and are along those lines... I guess I can live with 'em.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:28 pm

For those of you jumping the gun, did you forget that 'Superman The Animated Series' had an RV crash in Smallville, where Lana Lang learned what Clark could do?

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QWCL7FHV

Watch that, and skip to around the 6:10 mark. Switching out the RV for a bus is a non-issue, and could turn out to be the same situation in 'Man Of Steel'.

I'd believe they'd take cue's from TAS more than the Donner films at this point.

Don't you?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:06 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
I'd believe they'd take cue's from TAS more than the Donner films at this point.

Sounds like a good thing to me!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't have link on had this moment. But saw article from cbm from an examiner article talking about a upcoming scene filming in a few days within the plano il area with miltary choppers and military repling down and expolisons/gun fire. Sounds like a pretty neat scene.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Edwards airforce base talks man of steel filming:
http://m.examiner.com/exPhoenix/pm_73529/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=mTzIZkZD
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 pm

more filming news in chicago areas:
http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/6974634-418/sandwich-will-close-street-for-superman-movie-shoot.html
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Each time news reports like these come along, I wonder that the haters and Apologists die a little bit inside after they predicted Snyder's ouster from the production.

I mean, don't these nimrods ever get sick of being wrong??
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 pm

haha ya
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Each time news reports like these come along, I wonder that the haters and Apologists die a little bit inside after they predicted Snyder's ouster from the production.

I mean, don't these nimrods ever get sick of being wrong??

To Be An Apologist Is To Be Wrong.

So it is written, so shall it be, um.... true?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Here's some video of Costner, Lane and Cavill reacting to the previously reported tornado in Smallville:

Facebook Video
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:42 pm

nice find there ap
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 am

As I understand it, Costner, Lane, and Cavill are in that 'tornado' scene being filmed in Plano. So that means a full-grown Clark Kent at least in the company of his adopted parents the Kents! So could this mean that they're not gonna 'kill Pa Kent' as seems to always be the norm?! But I've also read that Costner doesn't like doing sequels so who knows?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 am

Considering the direction Costner's career has taken lately it is probably in his best interest to take any and all offers that are present to him.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 pm

non_amos wrote:As I understand it, Costner, Lane, and Cavill are in that 'tornado' scene being filmed in Plano. So that means a full-grown Clark Kent at least in the company of his adopted parents the Kents! So could this mean that they're not gonna 'kill Pa Kent' as seems to always be the norm?! But I've also read that Costner doesn't like doing sequels so who knows?!

You see all three in the video link I posted....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Some possible young clark and torando scene news:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=44554
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Windows being smashed by a super cry from a young Clark Kent, this could suck more than Singerman!

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Rduce wrote:Windows being smashed by a super cry from a young Clark Kent, this could suck more than Singerman!

Not possible.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Open Casting call for canada shoot, and another synopsis for the film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/VoicesFromKrypton/news/?a=44609
MAN OF STEEL: Open Casting Call & Official Synopsis
Warner Brothers, DC Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have announced that Man of Steel will be holding open casting calls in Nanaimo and Ucluelet on Vancouver Island.
The film is seeking local people to work as background artists in scenes to be filmed in early October. This is fully paid work. There will be some casting for speaking roles in Vancouver, however this open casting call is for extras only. "Man of Steel" is currently filming in the Chicago, Illinois area and shooting will move to British Columbia on September 21, 2011. Filming will continue in Vancouver and surrounding areas through January 20, 2012.

The official synopsis for Man of Steel reads as follows:
Spoiler:

Open Casting Call Details
Here is what the extras casting director is seeking:
Males and Females, all ages.

Especially seeking older character faces and those who could be passed off as loggers for Nanaimo and commercial fishermen in Ucluelet.

No children are required for Nanaimo, some are required for Ucluelet, with accompaniment by a legal guardian.

All applicants must be legal residents of Canada.

The time commitment would be a day or two.
Nanaimo, BC

Where:

Coast Bastion Hotel
Benson Room
11 Bastion Street
Nanaimo, BC V9R 5H9, Canada
Click Here for directions.

When:
Saturday August 20, 2011
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Ucluelet, BC

Where:
Black Rock Ocean Front Resort
596 Marine Drive
Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0, Canada
Click Here for directions.

When:
Sunday August 21, 2011
2:00pm - 6:00pm

If you can not attend one of the open casting calls, you can submit a photo and contact information by emailing it to: Movieextrasearch@shaw.ca

Put "Autumn Frost Extras" in the subject line of your email.

Principal Actor Casting

See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit for acting roles.

(Please submit photos and resumes by mail only. No phone calls or personal drop-offs)

Vancouver:

Michelle Allen
"Man of Steel" Casting
#4-2485 Cornwall Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 1B9

Los Angeles:

Los Angeles principal actor casting has been completed.

"Man of Steel"
Kristy Carlson - VP Feature Casting
Lora Kennedy - EVP Features Casting
Warner Bros. Pictures
Burbank, CA:
4000 Warner Blvd
Burbank, CA 91522

Extras Casting

Vancouver:

Andrea Brown Casting
Movieextrasearch@shaw.ca

EDIT BY COLORS- Spoiler stuff safely hidden.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 am

Spoiler:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:29 am

I agree, the action scenes will far outshine some falling glass, heavy-lifting and "fighting" a giant piece of krypto-dirt.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:23 am

I wonder what will be the explanation for Zod's arrival on earth. Will they be 'freed from the Phantom Zone by a nuclear explosion in space'?! Puh-leeeaaazzzee, spare me! That was fine for the Reeve films but I'm sure Snyder has something else up his sleeve? Even if it still involves the PZ, I'm sure it'll be handled as differently as night & day. And considering Snyder's Watchmen action, I too expect great things from the FX but as usual, duh apologists are already complaining about Snyder's 'SLOW-MO' style. I don't have a particular link handy but you know I'm right! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:56 am

non_amos wrote:I wonder what will be the explanation for Zod's arrival on earth. Will they be 'freed from the Phantom Zone by a nuclear explosion in space'?! Puh-leeeaaazzzee, spare me! That was fine for the Reeve films but I'm sure Snyder has something else up his sleeve? Even if it still involves the PZ, I'm sure it'll be handled as differently as night & day. And considering Snyder's Watchmen action, I too expect great things from the FX but as usual, duh apologists are already complaining about Snyder's 'SLOW-MO' style. I don't have a particular link handy but you know I'm right! Smile
Is a link even necessary anymore?

As to the slow-mo thing... it's a stylistic thing Snyder used in 300 and Watchmen to give the same impression of "frozen motion" of a comic book panel. The Wachowskis did the same thing in the Matrix films. What was bullet time except an attempt to replicate the feeling of a comic book that never existed? Hell, SV pulled that same trick tons of times.

And yet, for all the bashing those other entities took, somehow only Snyder gets called out on the carpet for the slow-mo bit. Why?

If it's a choice between gratuitous slow-mo and a pencil-necked bartender in pleather... well, do you even need to ask which I'll choose?

As far as Zod goes, the narrative requires him to be first imprisoned and then to escape the Phantom Zone. There are many ways to accomplish that. Any decent writer with a vague understanding of the comics can come up with something that doesn't tread on Donner's turf. After all, it's not like Bryan Singer is directing this thing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 am

the colorsblend wrote:

If it's a choice between gratuitous slow-mo and a pencil-necked bartender in pleather... well, do you even need to ask which I'll choose?

Glad you brought that up! Why don't they also accuse Singer of the slow-mo thingy? Remember that pivotal scene after the bank robbery, when Singerman got the cumshot, er, I mean , the bullet in the eye? That was done slow-mo so you could see the 'shot' in the eye. So is the jury out on Bryan Singer?!

Snyder also used that on 300 too but the dude obviously knows what he's doing! I don't think he'll disappoint. Also glad you brought up the 'pencil neck'. That was a major flaw that I personally had in the whole Singerman debacle! Not only was BJ's physique wrong but his neck was way too skinny for Superman! Not so with Henry Cavill. The pics I'm seeing, he has the neck, he has the jaw, etc. Even his debut pic, regardless of where they go with the suit, displays him far more powerfully than that pathetic initial first pic of BJ!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 am

non_amos wrote:Glad you brought that up! Why don't they also accuse Singer of the slow-mo thingy? Remember that pivotal scene after the bank robbery, when Singerman got the cumshot, er, I mean , the bullet in the eye? That was done slow-mo so you could see the 'shot' in the eye. So is the jury out on Bryan Singer?!
I've wondered about that myself. Wasn't there some slow-mo before that when he was floating above the Earth? He might've been in the upper atmosphere (I'm sure there's an official scientific term for it but my thing is comics, not science) where gravity is diminished... which gives the illusion of slow-mo blah blah blah. But whatever. Sure as fuck LOOKS slow.

Actually, the movie itself is so ponderous and dull that you might think the whole damn thing is slow-mo. But nope, it's not; it just sucks. Which isn't the same thing.

Snyder also used that on 300 too but the dude obviously knows what he's doing! I don't think he'll disappoint. Also glad you brought up the 'pencil neck'. That was a major flaw that I personally had in the whole Singerman debacle! Not only was BJ's physique wrong but his neck was way too skinny for Superman! Not so with Henry Cavill. The pics I'm seeing, he has the neck, he has the jaw, etc. Even his debut pic, regardless of where they go with the suit, displays him far more powerfully than that pathetic initial first pic of BJ!
Assuming the script and direction are there to support him, my gut feeling is that Cavill will make everyone forget about Blandon BJ.

Well. Maybe not "everyone". Maybe not us. But, y'know, those who don't understand what an abortion Singerman was just from the conceptual level will likely have no problem forgetting about ol' Routhboy once they see Cavill do his thing.

Of course, maybe the logical counterpoint there is that most people forgot about Routh the weekend after Singerman opened. And, hey, there's definitely some merit to that...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:34 am

I think it would likely be a space ship they where in suspensed animation. That gets trigged to earth when clark comes to age and or if they go the route clark gets a device/hologram of his parents it acts like a beascon to zod ship?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next