Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Bale Is A Class Act

3 posters

Go down

Christian Bale Is A Class Act Empty Christian Bale Is A Class Act

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:15 pm

I meant to post this the other day, and it slipped my mind:

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/christian-bale-becomes-real-life-superhero-boy-cancer-173845610.html

Christian Bale becomes real-life superhero for boy with cancer
By Lizbeth Scordo | Now: Your Daily Dose of Celebrity News – 8 hours ago

Christian Bale Is A Class Act 300-ChristianBale-091012-jpg_163942

Christian Bale may have a reputation for his serious demeanor and short temper (as a certain on-set lighting technician knows oh-too-well), but the 38-year-old actor is also proving to be a kind and caring guy. In July, he visited victims wounded in the Colorado movie theater shooting (which took place during a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises," in which Bale stars), and just last week, he arranged to fly a 4-year-old Youngstown, Ohio boy suffering from leukemia to Disneyland. While the boy, named Jayden Barber, was probably thrilled enough to be able to make the trip to the happiest place on Earth, the diehard Batman fan got an extra surprise when Bale himself joined Jayden and his family for lunch.

"Finally can share!!!" Jayden's mother, Charlene Barber, posted to her Facebook page on Friday along with a few pictures of Bale, Jayden, and family members. "Christian sent us to LA and we had lunch at Disney club 33 on wed!! He and his family were so awesome and down to earth!!!" And the actor was apparently plenty chatty: "They talked movies and super Heros and he was genuinely happy to hear about everything Jayden wanted to tell him," Barber also wrote. "Christian, his wife and daughter are three of the most beautiful people we have ever met!"

And if you haven't heard of Disney Club 33, you're not alone. The exclusive eatery is a far-cry from the concession stands and casual eateries around the park. It's a fine-dining restaurant open to members only, and has reportedly hosted a number of celebrities and even presidents over the years. The Los Angeles Times reported in May that less than 500 people are rumored to be Club 33 members and membership doesn't come cheap. Those who join must pay $25,000 initiation fee and annual dues of $10,000.

It's not the first time Jayden has been the recipient of generosity. According to Youngstown's WYTV, on August 23 his community gathered at the local football stadium to light the Batman symbol in his honor (an event that came complete with a visit from Batman — a man in costume, not Bale) and declared it "Jayden Barber Day." The station reported that, as of last week, Jayden, who turns 5 on September 17, is in remission.
According to his mother's Facebook page, Jayden was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma bone cancer in early 2010 and was thought to be in remission after 14 rounds of chemo. He was later diagnosed with a second form of rare cancer called MDS leukemia caused by the chemotherapy he had received.

I've never had issue with Bale as Batman, even if the voice was a little...off. But to do this, and ask them NOT to make a big media thing for him speaks volumes.

Good on ya, Mr. Bale.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale Is A Class Act Empty Re: Christian Bale Is A Class Act

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 am

Now this is aa verry kind act and thing he did for that boy and his family. Its always great to see actorrs/other enterrtainers take time out to do things like this. So very claassy bale.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:29 pm

It's cool that he's doing this but after that "beating up his mother and sister" thing and losing it on that lighting tech on the Terminator set... frankly, it's all colored my opinion of the guy as a human being. But whatever, very cool of him to do this.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:24 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:It's cool that he's doing this but after that "beating up his mother and sister" thing

I think someone has their "facts" a little mixed-up:

http://screenrant.com/christian-bale-arrested-assault-details-brusimm-3047/

Reports say that Christian Bale’s mother and sister filed assault complaints in regards to an altercation that took place at a west London hotel on Sunday. The allegation of his verbally lashing out at his mother, Jenny Bale and his sister, Sharon Bale, was made at a police station in South England on Monday. The incident was passed on to the famous Scotland Yard for processing.

Assault of the verbal kind is what mostly took place, and the only other “assault” that took place is when Christian pushed aside his mom to get past her and some think it was more of a brush past than a push.

Over on that side of the pond, YELLING AT SOMEONE can be considered "assault". So don't fall for the hyperbole of him "beating up" his family members. They wanted money from him to fuel drug habits, and he refused. They insulted his wife, he cussed them out.

You would do the same, I bet...

and losing it on that lighting tech on the Terminator set... frankly, it's all colored my opinion of the guy as a human being. But whatever, very cool of him to do this.

Yes, because none of us have EVER had a co-worker continually screw-up and get on our nerves.

Right?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 am

[quote="Apologist Puncher"]Over on that side of the pond, YELLING AT SOMEONE can be considered "assault". So don't fall for the hyperbole of him "beating up" his family members. They wanted money from him to fuel drug habits, and he refused. They insulted his wife, he cussed them out.

You would do the same, I bet...[/wuote]My understanding was that he got more physical than that but obviously he didn't. Okay, I stand corrected.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Yes, because none of us have EVER had a co-worker continually screw-up and get on our nerves.

Right?
Gotten angry? Sure. Completely lost it, threatened violence, completely humiliated them in front of the entire staff? Obviously the lighting tech is low man on the totem pole while Bale is the star of the show. But Bale comes off like a spoiled baby. Maybe it's because I had a boss who would go apeshit on everybody everyday about everything all the time but this kind of thing is never appropriate behavior in a professional setting, I don't care why Bale did it or what else was going to mitigate the circumstances. He was wrong. Period.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down