Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TDKRises Is (Probably) Bale's Last

2 posters

Go down

TDKRises Is (Probably) Bale's Last Empty TDKRises Is (Probably) Bale's Last

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Fandango wrote:Christian Bale Says 'The Dark Knight Rises' Is His Final Batman

This isn't exactly surprising news since we figured Christian Bale and some of his Batman co-stars were signed to a three-picture deal from the get-go, which means The Dark Knight Rises will put an end to their commitment to this franchise. But while promoting The Fighter over the weekend, folks wanted to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. When asked whether this would be the final Batman movie for him, Bale responded, "I believe, unless Chris [Nolan] says different, this will be the last time I'm playing Batman," later adding, "Until Chris tells me, I don't believe it, It's gotta be from his mouth, or else I don't really know."

Christopher Nolan negotiates his deals movie to movie, so it sounds like unless he commits to a fourth Batman film (which is highly unlikely), Bale will not be returning to the role. Would you rather see the Batman franchise continue on the big screen following The Dark Knight Rises, or on television?
http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/fanboy-fix-batman-4-crowe-remake-and-mysterious-neill-blomkamp-viral-649766.html
Can't remember if I've said so here but rather than continue the Nolanverse or reboot, I'd prefer to see an anthology franchise where a different filmmaker directs each movie. Maybe Alfonso Cuaron for one, Ridley Scott for the next, someone else for the third one and so on, all making no pretense toward continuity between films. Each could create their own versions of the character, Gotham City, etc. Hell, they could even have completely different castmembers. Why not?

Anyway. I'm no fan of the Nolanverse so this isn't bad news in my eyes.

Back to top Go down

TDKRises Is (Probably) Bale's Last Empty Re: TDKRises Is (Probably) Bale's Last

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Would love to see bale and nolan do more batman films. But bale was only signed for 3 and nolan wants his story to end in third. I do hope thwy make a good film. As for future of batman. Let him take a break for like 5-7 yrs. In this time we get gl, flash, etc... series going. Then I am sure they will make another film with a new director/vision and be like burton/schumer did with there films. As for a reboot/reorigins telling don't really need to do it again.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:17 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Can't remember if I've said so here but rather than continue the Nolanverse or reboot, I'd prefer to see an anthology franchise where a different filmmaker directs each movie. Maybe Alfonso Cuaron for one, Ridley Scott for the next, someone else for the third one and so on, all making no pretense toward continuity between films. Each could create their own versions of the character, Gotham City, etc. Hell, they could even have completely different castmembers. Why not?

Because the Bros. Warner ONLY care about the almighty DOLLAR. They don't give two shits about "creativity" or "originality".

Anyway. I'm no fan of the Nolanverse so this isn't bad news in my eyes.

Meh, I'm ok either way.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down