Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Modine Has Lost His Mind

+2
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Go down

Matthew Modine Has Lost His Mind Empty Matthew Modine Has Lost His Mind

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=59677#comments

Matthew Modine
@MatthewModine
It would take more than 6 #Marvel characters to take down 1 #DC character. batman-news.com/2012/05/08/mat…

Matthew Modine
@MatthewModine
“@salwidge: @MatthewModine said #TDKR is the best of the series, predicts it’ll kick #Avengers butt at the Box Office. vh1.com/video/misc/766…”

edge+Jeremy Casciano
@ArchangelCluez 11 May 12
6 Marvel characters will destroy 1 DC character @MatthewModine. Iron Man will kick Batman's butt anyday.
Matthew Modine
@MatthewModine
@ArchangelCluez batman would tear off ironman's head and shit down his neck. well, actually B. Wayne wouldn't, because he's got real class.

Mary@Vamp_Vixxen 11 May 12
@MatthewModine hmmmm. Maybe that would be unfair. She's beautiful. Batmans Achilles heel maybe?!!
Matthew Modine
@MatthewModine
@Vamp_Vixxen #DKR's has annie hathaway. her get-up, piping-hot @ she's got high kicks and a bad ass motorbike. what's scarlett got?

asi@jasipuddles 12 May 12
@MatthewModine soooo not a guy flick kinda chick but I would watch the Dark Knight over Avengers. Can't wait! Smile
Matthew Modine
@MatthewModine
@jasipuddles me too-not interested in avengers. #batman ala Nolan is dark and human. relatable. avengers is cartoon fantasy-nice kid flick

Ok, let me state this interesting little tid-bit, that Pvt. Joker may not be aware of:

'The Dark Knight' took SIX MONTHS to reach $1 billion dollars.

'The Avengers' did it in 19 days.

Guy is a troll. Who knew?

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Matthew Modine Has Lost His Mind Empty Re: Matthew Modine Has Lost His Mind

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Ok, let me state this interesting little tid-bit, that Pvt. Joker may not be aware of:

'The Dark Knight' took SIX MONTHS to reach $1 billion dollars.
Six months and two releases.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 12:44 am

The amusing thing is that it's coming from the guy who did CUTTHROAT ISLAND.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 am

oh boy...... that is some crazy comments.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon May 14, 2012 10:20 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2012/05/07/why-the-dark-knight-rises-may-not-break-the-avengers-opening-record/

I won't copy & paste this article because it's kinda long & carries over to a 2nd page. I also intended to post it in the Avengers B.O. thread but due to this subject matter, it might can belong here.

Suffice it to say, here's a Nolanite who's conceding that TDKR will not break Avengers' opening record. Why? Because Avengers has 3-D ticket sales on it's side. TDKR doesn't. Also, Avengers is a 'family friendly' film that the entire family went to see. TDKR? Too 'adult subject matter'(no, not that!) for the kiddies. Blah blah blah!

But here's the kicker. He still thinks TDKR will win the domestic box office over the Avengers when it's all said & done.

Uhhhhhhh..............................................................NO! cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 am

i doubt it myself. I can see maybe opening weekend get like 100mill-130mill range. Then it will probably top out domestically around 400mill range. With probably another 200-300mill internationally. To probably end around 700-900mill total haul.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 3:00 pm

There's no doubt TDKR will be a box office hit, but I certainly doubt its chances at beating THE AVENGERS record. As the above said, that flick was more family friendly, had 3D, and at the same time combined a bunch of superheroes in one flick enough to get many kids excited to see the flick. TDKR will only be as popular as its tone and style allows it to. For example, BATMAN FOREVER was stupid, but its lighthearted approach drew in more audiences than BATMAN RETURNS.

And I wanna make it clear, I am NOT comparing BATMAN FOREVER with the AVENGERS. Just showing an example of how a more family friendly flick gets a bigger response than a dark brooding one.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:There's no doubt TDKR will be a box office hit, but I certainly doubt its chances at beating THE AVENGERS record. As the above said, that flick was more family friendly, had 3D, and at the same time combined a bunch of superheroes in one flick enough to get many kids excited to see the flick. TDKR will only be as popular as its tone and style allows it to. For example, BATMAN FOREVER was stupid, but its lighthearted approach drew in more audiences than BATMAN RETURNS.
I'm not sure I buy that, actually. Batman Forever grossed $20'ish million more than Batman Returns... which you could just as easily credit to higher ticket prices. I'm not arguing which film was more commercial; that one is obvious. I'm just not convinced Forever was drastically more successful than Returns at the box office.

Yes, I realize I'm splitting hairs over your point (TDKRises won't outgross Avengers because the movies have different commercial/popular appeal) but I just wanted to throw this out there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 pm

That's a fair point. It was only three years between the two though, still, that may be accurate.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=61663

From CBR...

"I think he's such an extraordinary character, Batman, because he's a human being. He's not a man with supernatural powers, he's not a mythological character -- he's just a man who's damaged, who's broken like so many people in the world...trying to do good."

"The interesting point then becomes, when you do good, when you're fighting crime, when do you cross that line of becoming a vigilante? I think that 'broken person doing good' is something we all aspire to in our life, trying to overcome our fears and trying to fight evil in the world. He's a character we all relate to."

"You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!"

"I don't want to offend the [Marvel] people by saying that the Avengers are just mythological characters with magic powers, because I'd offend half of the people who buy comic books. But the thing that's extraordinary about Batman is that he's a man, he's not a superman. He's of this earth...he's broken and he's trying to repair himself. I think that Christopher Nolan has been a masterful storyteller in taking that story about the Dark Knight and re-envisioning the story for a whole new generation of film goers."

There is so, so much FAIL in what he says here....

You can't use Thor's hammer, but you CAN design, afford, build and wear full body armor fashioned to look like a BAT? You can "relate" to a multi-billionaire who beats up criminals on a nightly basis? But you CAN'T relate to someone with deep family and maturity issues?

The first post in this thread says otherwise, Private Joker.

Now please, shut it before I get Sgt. Hartman to live up to his promise:

Matthew Modine Has Lost His Mind 128792992012614922
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 pm

The most I can come up with is that he wants a role in whatever happens after TDKRises. That's all I got...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 am

The HULK can't even use Thor's hammer so why should this douchebag?! I'm calling it jealousy, sour grapes, envy, whatever. And more Nolan brain-washing. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 am

non_amos wrote:The HULK can't even use Thor's hammer so why should this douchebag?! I'm calling it jealousy, sour grapes, envy, whatever. And more Nolan brain-washing. Rolling Eyes
I call it "ironic". Stan Lee is arguably the purveyor of the "relateable" shit. It's a perfectly valid way to write superheroes, don't get me wrong, but at some point it became unacceptable for a superhero to be inspirational. There came a point when the reader had to identify with him/her or else they're a shit character. At least as far as the mainstream of comics audiences was concerned.

It wasn't long before mass culture caught up with that and now the widespread opinion is that a character like Superman is boring because he doesn't have feet of clay the same way someone like Spider-Man does.

So for Modine to be so dismissive of Marvel characters of all things so that he can talk up Batman (arguably the least relateable character in all of comicdom, I don't give a shit what anybody says) makes me laugh.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:42 am

Modine is spot on. Everyone can easily relate to Batman better because everyone's parents got shot in a dark alley, vowed to fight crime for life and use their parents' fortune to make a command center in a nearby cave infested with bats.

Or maybe this is just Modine's way of saying "I'm happy to have a job". Modine, just take your paycheck and go home. You don't need to kiss up, just be thankful Nolan is continuing his trend of hiring a washed out actor from the 80s in all his films.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:02 pm

This guy must be really desperate for work, that's not a very subtle way to suck up to ´´the almighty`` Nolan.

Then again, what else could be expected from Pvt. Joker . Once a troll always a troll!
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 pm

What would be REALLY funny is, Modine costing himself a job in one of Marvel's future films because of his verbal diarrhea. You know, they had him in mind for a certain role, and because of this, no dice.

That would be comeuppance right there.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down