Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grant Morrison Is Out Of His Mind

4 posters

Go down

Grant Morrison Is Out Of His Mind Empty Grant Morrison Is Out Of His Mind

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:43 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk/lifestyle/869082-superman-writer-grant-morrison-i-taught-robbie-williams-magic

What have you got lined up in your writing for Superman?
I want to solve some of the problems that have grown up around the character. People now ask: ‘Why the hell would he dress up like that?’ I want to make Superman a more contemporary character. We’ll be changing how he looks, dresses and behaves. He’ll be more like the Superman who appeared in 1938 – more socially active and a champion of the oppressed.

He’s taken his underpants off in the current comics…
With what we’re doing he’s wearing jeans and a T-shirt – a Bruce Springsteen version of Superman, that’s the angle we’re taking. The cape’s still indestructible but the rest is picked up in a shop.

So, Superman picks up a Superman t-shirt "in a shop"?

Man, anyone who is going to put out money for this crap is basically buying a ticket to the S.(hitty)S(uperman). Titanic....
Grant Morrison Is Out Of His Mind 2-titanic_sinking
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Grant Morrison Is Out Of His Mind Empty Re: Grant Morrison Is Out Of His Mind

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Sounds shitty.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:13 am

I know I mentioned this somewhat in another thread a while back but it's true. Comics in the 70's, even the 80's, were SO good! And my point is this current crop of comics creators are supposed to be guys who grew up with that source material just like you & I did. So what happened?! How can these guys possibly put out such garbage?! I could probably produce a better story myself! And I don't even claim to be a comics creator! The description of SUPERMAN especially sounds awful! Is there any way these dudes can be FIRED?! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 am

Just read that article. This guy sounds like a real 'loon' & he's gonna be writing for Superman?! Here's a non-Superman quote from that same link:

You say other dimensional aliens visited you when you were in Kathmandu – did it really happen?

It actually happened. It changed my life and it can happen to anyone. I’m sceptical but I started doing magic and occult stuff, and found it actually works – go out and do it yourself and you’ll see. The current scientific view is that these kind of experiences are caused by temporal lobe seizures in the brain, which is more exciting. Rather than being visited by aliens or angels, if we can press a part of our brain that causes religious visions, shouldn’t we be doing it every day?

So the guy is messing around with the occult huh? Thinking he's contacting 'aliens' & it's really devils?! Get this guy off from Superman, or am I correct in requesting that?

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:43 am

Alan Moore practices magic or that kind of stuff too. That's not affected at least the writing of his that I've checked out (which isn't a whole lot).

Mind you, Alan Moore is pretty much who Grant Morrison thinks he is.

Is the magic stuff something that should cost him his Action Comics writing assignment.

Nope. But Final Crisis sure as fuck is.

I plan to check out the relaunched Superman books but I've got a lot of reservations about this. It's the "early days" angle of Action Comics that's inspiring me to pick that book up and George Perez on Superman for that book. I'm willing to give them a day in court. But I'm far from sold on either book.

But then, I'm actually (for now anyway) picking up Superman books again and I had truly started to believe that would never happen.

EDIT- Something else. It's not like I know the guy personally or anything but my understanding of Morrison was that he was just another European science-oriented secular-humanist. If so, the magic/occult thing would tend to be a pretty significant change in his worldview.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I plan to check out the relaunched Superman books but I've got a lot of reservations about this. It's the "early days" angle of Action Comics that's inspiring me to pick that book up and George Perez on Superman for that book. I'm willing to give them a day in court. But I'm far from sold on either book.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Comic books are a visual medium. Period. It can be the freakin' 'War & Peace' of comic book writing, and I would STILL never put out money for that crap. I know Superman, and that sir, is NO Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10046

Grant Morrison: When asked about his thoughts about the recent success of the Batman films compared to that of the Superman films, he believes that people like Batman better because he's cool, sexy, and has a lot of money. Superman has a boss, works in an office... no one wants to be him. He is "shackled" that he has to represent the flag and patriotism.

Yep, you guys enjoy.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down