Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grant Morrison Comments On Snyder's Superman

3 posters

Go down

Grant Morrison Comments On Snyder's Superman Empty Grant Morrison Comments On Snyder's Superman

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Check out the bold:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=30617

Grant Morrison Weighs In On Zack Snyder's Superman

The hugely influential writer behind All-Star Superman tells Hero Complex what he wants to see from Warner Bros and director Zack Snyder's upcoming take on The Man Of Steel..

Over at La Times Hero Complex comic writer Grant Morrison tells Geoff Boucher what he is hoping for from WB's latest effort at brining Superman to the big screen..

“I can’t wait to see what they do. There are so many ways to tell Superman stories that might resonate with a modern audience, and I’m looking forward to see how Zack Snyder approaches it. Things I’d personally like to see are a non-camp Luthor, some other villains like Metallo or Brainiac and a more vigorous, go-getting Superman. The noble attempts to portray him as a Christ-like, American redeemer figure in ‘Superman Returns’ had the unfortunate effect of making him a limp and wimpy punch bag. Superman is a highly principled hero, but he’s no pacifist; he’s a brawler who doesn’t give in until he’s dead or the bad guy’s down, and I’d like to see a bit more of that grit.

Well, without having to ask I know that Morisson's hopes for this movie echo the vast majority's here on CBM. Snyder has already said that he feels Superman "needs to be physical" so lets hope Mr Morrison(and the rest of us!) get what we are hoping for.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Grant Morrison Comments On Snyder's Superman Empty Re: Grant Morrison Comments On Snyder's Superman

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:23 am

I read the comments last night from morrison. Nice to hear he wants the same things we fans want. I do hope nolan and snyder deliver on this superman. So we can finally wipe away the crap for good of SR.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Grant Morrison Comments On Snyder's Superman Empty Re: Grant Morrison Comments On Snyder's Superman

Post  Father Finian Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:36 pm

More signs that they may finally deliver a Superman we recognize.

Although there was nothing "noble" about Singerman. I realise he's just being polite, but take off the gloves and call it what it was, a FAIL.

What's noble about spying on your ex and having everyone else in the film save Singerman's skinny ass?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 pm

ya it would be nice if folks would say what they really mean. Though i can see why they might go and be PC at times due to not wanting to get themselfs in any bad graces with WB/DC brass. But consider that SR was the failure it was and is i agree take off the gloves now. What harm is it going to do right.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down