Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Vaughn: "The Twilight Girls Will Like It".

3 posters

Go down

Matthew Vaughn: "The Twilight Girls Will Like It". Empty Matthew Vaughn: "The Twilight Girls Will Like It".

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 pm

And with that, you can count me out:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48208

Matthew Vaughn Says X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Has 'a lot of teenage angst. The Twilight girls will like it.'
Published on: Jan 24, 2011 8:27:55 CST

SPOILER ALERT !!

Merrick here...

Over the weekend, Entertainment Weekly posted a conversation with Matthew Vaughn in which the director reveals a few details about his forthcoming X-MEN: FIRST CLASS.

Below I'm presenting a few of the points that jumped out at me upon my first read of the piece, but check out the article HERE for quite a bit more.

Do know there are MINOR SPOILERS to be found. Nothing too significant, more flavoring kinda spoilers.

Vaughn says...

"The best way of describing it is X-Men meets Bond, with a little bit of Thirteen Days thrown in for good measure. It’s set in the ’60s, and I basically molded a young Magneto on a young Sean Connery. He’s the ultimate spy — imagine Bond, but with superpowers."

[EDIT]

"Kevin Bacon plays a very megalomaniac mutant [Sebastian Shaw] who decides that he can take over the world and that mutants are the future. Erik and Charles then meet each other and hook up with the CIA to try and prevent World War III. You find out everything about what went on between Erik and Charles."

[EDIT]

"It’s got a lot of teenage angst. The Twilight girls will like it."

There are more details - like the time span over which the film takes place, whether or not flashbacks will be used, whether or not the film is related at all to the X-MEN: FIRST CLASS comics, how Vaughn arrived at his casting of Magneto and Xavier - and more. Find it all HERE.

X-MEN FIRST CLASS should hit theaters June 3.

Those of you stupid enough to forget what happened with Singerman, "enjoy". Fool me once....

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Matthew Vaughn: "The Twilight Girls Will Like It". Empty Re: Matthew Vaughn: "The Twilight Girls Will Like It".

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:48 pm

I saw that article earlier today well only part of it lol. Some other boards I been to think he was just joking with the twilight line. But who bloody knows for sure.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Matthew Vaughn: "The Twilight Girls Will Like It". Empty Re: Matthew Vaughn: "The Twilight Girls Will Like It".

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Matthew Vaughn wrote:"It’s got a lot of teenage angst. The Twilight girls will like it."
Oh fuck you, man! Okay? Fuck YOU! Are you kidding me? Cuz I don't know about the rest of you but when I think "X-Men"... "Twilight" ain't exactly the first thing that'll follow.

Still. Still! Unless I'm goofing up names, this fuckwit was who Mark Millar had in mind to direct when he pitched WB on a Superman reboot. Yeesh, just THINK about the bullet we dodged!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 am

webhead2006 wrote:I saw that article earlier today well only part of it lol. Some other boards I been to think he was just joking with the twilight line. But who bloody knows for sure.

Joking? You think he's "joking"?

How about THIS?:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/01/22/x-men-first-class-matthew-vaughn/
Matthew Vaughn wrote:"Did you have any concerns about how, no matter what you do, you may anger some of the die-hard fans?
Yeah, but I could tell those fans that they’re wrong. One thing about the X-Men world is that, if you know your X-Men universe, every writer reinvented the storyline. I did my research, and none of the histories of the characters make any sense. Each writer just totally changed the history to make their plot work. So I can quite safely say that X-Men has a history of reinventing its history for the sake of the plot."

Oh, and here's the question asked that got that shitty "nugget":

Entertainment Weekly wrote:And, please, one more story tease?
Matthew Vaughn wrote:It’s got a lot of teenage angst. The Twilight girls will like it.

Still want to believe he was "joking"?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Ap I didn't say I think he was joking about twilight connection. Just at a few other boards I went to yesterday that reported on the interview that they thought he could be joking.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down