Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman??

3 posters

Go down

Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman?? Empty Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman??

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, and a bit of pepper too:

http://www.movienewz.com/matthew-goode-frontrunner-for-superman-reboot/

The man fast enough to catch a speeding bullet in ‘Watchmen’ could be the next Superman.

British actor Matthew Goode, who played industrialist Adrian Veidt formerly the superhero Ozymandias in ‘Watchmen’ (2009), is the frontrunner for the title role in Warner Bros.’ Superman reboot, to be directed by Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300).
According to our sources, Snyder wants Goode to play mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent and has plans to rely heavily on CGI for The Man of Steel. Essentially this means Superman could be a CG enhanced character, similar to what Warner Bros. is doing with the Green Lantern costume. This would certainly eliminate the need to cast based on the physical stature of Superman.
In ‘Watchmen’ Matthew Goode was a key player (the smartest man in the world) with a carefully manufactured public and private persona. The duality is essential for the role of Clark Kent / Kal-El, Superman’s Kryptonian birth name. Most importantly Goode is the right height at 6 ft 2 in., just an inch shorter than Brandon Routh (Superman Returns).

Goode has experience acting with visual effects and stated in past interviews that he worked well with Zack Snyder’s “enthusiastic” directing style. Snyder has a history of bringing back his actors to work on new projects; Carla Gugino, Abbie Cornish and Gerard Butler have all made two films with the director.

Zack Snyder is currently putting the finishing touches on his female-driven action-adventure ‘Sucker Punch’, slated to open March 25, 2011.
Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman?? Matthew-goode

Sorry, I liked Watchmen, but THIS guy as Superman? I think not. And a CGI Superman? After BS' shitty attempts, they are going to have someone with a smaller budget try?

If WB was STUPID ENOUGH to allow this, they can expect a hell of a lot of people to stay away. Almost as many as would stay away if BJ was allowed to peep his away across the screen again.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman?? Empty Re: Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman??

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:42 pm

I to thought that guy was good too in watchmen. But yea I don't see him as superman. As for the cgi thing would be an interesting thing. But really no need for supes to be all cgi what would be the point rightl but I doubt its true.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman?? Empty Re: Matthew Goode A "Frontrunner" and a CGI Superman??

Post  Father Finian Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:28 am

God not a CGI Superman, please!

In a few years time it'll look like the Kirk Alyn movie serial does now, with it's "quaint" animation of the day. And don't get me started on the whole Singerman rubber look to match the ropey CGI thing.

I sound like a broken record, but you just can't beat Christopher Reeve acting. He looks like he's busting a gut trying to catch that missile. I'm yet to be convinced CGI can match that sort of "performance" yet.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 am

I know a cgi superman or just suit is all wrong. But it really does sound bs. Cgi works for what gl is doing since the suit is made fron ring and all. But superman is a regular muacle bound guy in a fabric suit. Plus right what would be the point hiring a dude to just play clark and then when he is suits grows some inchs and bulk out. Superman isn't the hulk. That woulsnt make any sense for thw character. But I still believe the ru/or is trash. We are probably going to see many rumors like this in the coming months. As for any one who was in 300/watchmen/sucker punch I wouldn't be surprised if they get a supporting role in superman. O just don't see this direction for superman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Saw a article over at iesb stating the cgi rumor was around for a few months, but its just some execs wanting it. But the article states snyder/nolan are against it. I am sure with pull nolan has we wont see that silly rumor pan out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:09 am

Christopher Nolan is NOT a man who relies on CGI, and respects the hell out of comic book characters. Superman requires a bit of CGI. Zack Snyder digs CGI and green-screen, but also respects the hell out of comic book characters.

A fully CGI Superman was NEVER going to happen.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 am

Yea I serious doubt cgi superman or suit will ultimately happen. I would love to kick those yahoo execs who think cg supes is right lol. Onlyh time cg needs to be used for powers and any big action scenes were real actor wouldn't work.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Nothing more to see here...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down