Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

+2
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 pm

lib wrote:Ya... I can't see Ben Affleck walk away from JL if the WB throws tons of money at him to make it. Like colors said - He'd be an idiot to not to.

Well, I think the script is going to be the deciding factor. Affleck can make money doing the films he's doing.

I think after all the bad press he's been through though prior to making his respectful comeback, he'd probably be even more cautious about putting a steamy hot pile of garbage on the big screen as well.

Which is why, again, it will be the script and not the dollars.

Isn't he a supposed comic book fanboy as well? Wouldn't that bode well for respecting the source material?

He's always been a "Marvel Guy", as far as I know. But yes, he has always dug comic books.

And as for Ryan Reynold playing the Flash... I remember when a lot of people said the same thing about Chris Evans when he was cast as Captain America after playing the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four films. A majority of people thought he wasn't right for the part either when it was announced.

No thanks to Ryan Reynolds playing ANY superhero ever again.

Bradley Cooper should be Flash.

I think apart from the story, another poor aspect of the GL film was that Ryan Reynolds was miscast as Hal Jordan. I think he would've been more appropriate as Kyle Rayner. But that's besides the point.

They thought Reynolds man-child snarkiness was a match for RDJ's arrogant swagger.

They were wrong.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
James Stocks wrote:Problem with the TDK analogy is that Batman acknowledges that the sonar method is wrong, but makes this one exception and then destroys his sonar device the moment it's no longer necessary, so there's more of a grey area Nolan puts his films in than a solid right-wing/left-wing stance.
Um, Batman never acknowledges that it's wrong. Lucius says "this is wrong" and Batman replies "we have to find this man". Based on their exchange, I think it's clear that Batman thinks the imperative of his task trumps the ethics of his methods.

So why didn't they do this in TDKR to find Hardly Bane?

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? - Page 3 We_nee10
lol!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:32 am

Colors that is type of role I rather have him be in myself if he had taken the project. I was getting at some articles I read he has a bunch of projects already in the working for next yr orr two he wants to do. And if he had taken jl on probably would loose the chance to make those projects.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 am

I think that was one of the sticking points of Affleck taking on the directing role too. I read he didn't want to be tied up for the 5 to 10 years it would take to direct the franchise.

The core actors I'd be looking at would be: Ryan Gossling, Bradley Cooper, maybe Jake Gyllenhaal and depending how The Man of Steel turns out, you'd already have your Superman in place with Cavill.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 am

lib wrote:I think that was one of the sticking points of Affleck taking on the directing role too. I read he didn't want to be tied up for the 5 to 10 years it would take to direct the franchise.

The core actors I'd be looking at would be: Ryan Gossling, Bradley Cooper, maybe Jake Gyllenhaal and depending how The Man of Steel turns out, you'd already have your Superman in place with Cavill.
I would argue Cavill needs to be in it no matter what. Unless MOS absolutely tanks it at the box office and everybody hates it, there's nothing to lose and probably everything to gain from including him as Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
lib wrote:I think that was one of the sticking points of Affleck taking on the directing role too. I read he didn't want to be tied up for the 5 to 10 years it would take to direct the franchise.

I would argue Cavill needs to be in it no matter what. Unless MOS absolutely tanks it at the box office and everybody hates it, there's nothing to lose and probably everything to gain from including him as Superman.

Ya know, there may be no trunks in MOS but from what I've seen so far, Singerman it ain't! I really believe they're gonna make Superman relevant again to the general audience. Marvel finally came through with the Hulk, now it's Superman's turn. My guess is even duh apologists will get on the bandwagon whether they'll admit it or not. Now if duh brothers Warner will just promote the dickens outta this thing for the next 10 months.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 pm

It would be foolish not to have cavill as superman. More so if mos is big success. And wb is really serious with mos being a new start and first of a shared universe deal. So then if we can at least get a flash and/orr ww film out prior to jl. That would then only leave new batman and a gl to worrry about developing character in the film. And with gl case either we can have a new hal or easily go with guy/kyle/jon in gl role.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Not working on 'Justice League': Affleck
By Liz Braun, QMI Agency

In an exclusive Canadian interview yesterday, Ben Affleck talked about the rumour mill connecting his name to the highly anticipated Justice League movie.

Affleck had been singled out as the leading contender to direct the Warner Bros. blockbuster, but he said on that subject, "I'm not working on the Justice League. One of the problems with entertainment web sites is that they need to fill pages, and that's how rumours get started."

He continued, "Justice League sounds really exciting, but it's not something I'm working on."

But N.B. conspiracy theorists: Affleck's tone of voice suggested that he will not be directing the film, but on second glance, his words could be viewed as ambiguous. Anyone keen to split hairs will point out that, "I'm not working on the Justice League," a statement made in the present tense, is not the same as saying, "I will not be directing that movie." Affleck could truthfully say he's not working on the Justice League (right now) but still go ahead and direct it in the future.

On the flip side, as the actor/filmmaker has said he's not interested in directing a film unless it also involves a role for him, it seems unlikely that Affleck would direct anything that required him to once more don a cape or tights.

Are you confused yet? We don't think Ben Affleck is directing the Justice League.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/Artists/A/Affleck_Ben/2012/08/24/20137961-qmi.html
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 pm

lib wrote:
Not working on 'Justice League': Affleck
By Liz Braun, QMI Agency

In an exclusive Canadian interview yesterday, Ben Affleck talked about the rumour mill connecting his name to the highly anticipated Justice League movie.

Affleck had been singled out as the leading contender to direct the Warner Bros. blockbuster, but he said on that subject, "I'm not working on the Justice League. One of the problems with entertainment web sites is that they need to fill pages, and that's how rumours get started."

He continued, "Justice League sounds really exciting, but it's not something I'm working on."

But N.B. conspiracy theorists: Affleck's tone of voice suggested that he will not be directing the film, but on second glance, his words could be viewed as ambiguous. Anyone keen to split hairs will point out that, "I'm not working on the Justice League," a statement made in the present tense, is not the same as saying, "I will not be directing that movie." Affleck could truthfully say he's not working on the Justice League (right now) but still go ahead and direct it in the future.

On the flip side, as the actor/filmmaker has said he's not interested in directing a film unless it also involves a role for him, it seems unlikely that Affleck would direct anything that required him to once more don a cape or tights.

Are you confused yet? We don't think Ben Affleck is directing the Justice League.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/Artists/A/Affleck_Ben/2012/08/24/20137961-qmi.html

Here, this song should help the Bros. Warner decide who to ask to direct 'The Justice League Of America' film:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:34 am

Parsing his words like that is picking gnat shit out of pepper. He says he's not directing the movie. What else is there?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 pm

I know right just clearly say your in or out so you don't get into mess of misquoted like a lot of sites do on these matters. As for the film I still doubt we will see jl materialize any time soon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:59 am

The wachowskis in the running for justice league:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/172393-the-wachowskis-in-the-running-to-direct-justice-league
The Wachowskis in the Running to Direct Justice League? by SuperHeroHype August 25, 2012 Share this story

The Matrix trilogy helmers could be on the short list

Following yesterday's comments by Ben Affleck that he is not working on the Justice League movie comes word that "The Matrix" trilogy helmers Andy and Lana Wachowski may be in contention for the job as well.

According to Moviehole, "Warner Bros are apparently jazzed with “Cloud Atlas”, and love that it’s as much a spectacle as it is a showcase for the immense ensemble involved, so it makes sense the W’s are under consideration."

Besides bringing the blockbuster "Matrix" trilogy to the big screen, the Wachowkis co-wrote and produced the graphic novel adaptation V For Vendetta, and directed, wrote and produced Speed Racer. Warner Bros. will release their Cloud Atlas in theaters on October 26.

Will Beall is writing the script for Justice League, which is expected to include such popular characters as Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

Do you think the Wachowskis would be a good fit for this project?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:42 pm

The Wachowski Siblings know how to handle an ensemble film, heavy with visual eye-candy.

I would have no problem with them taking on 'Justice League Of America', as long as they aren't in charge of costume design.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Hmm, I'd let them get a crack, despite the bad rep they got over THE MATRIX sequels. Besides, it was just supposed to be one sequel and one prequel, before Silver demanded they make the sequel into two films instead (which explains why there's so much filler in them).

I never saw SPEED RACER, but from what I saw I like that they embraced the cartoonish spirit. If they're that true to JLA, why not?
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 pm

James Stocks wrote:I never saw SPEED RACER, but from what I saw I like that they embraced the cartoonish spirit. If they're that true to JLA, why not?

'Speed Racer' is just like 'Green Lantern'.

A stylish snooze-fest.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:06 pm

I am going to start a Matrix thread now too, because I have a bit to say about the sequels too...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
James Stocks wrote:I never saw SPEED RACER, but from what I saw I like that they embraced the cartoonish spirit. If they're that true to JLA, why not?

'Speed Racer' is just like 'Green Lantern'.

A stylish snooze-fest.

Well, that easily killed my interest. Laughing I tried watching GL again when it was on HBO just recently... Yeah, it's just inept.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 am

I too wouldn't mind the w siblings. I liked the films of there I seen. And like you guys said work well with large casts. Bit I still doubt this is any where close to happening. With way dc/wb been going about thihgs.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:20 am

I enjoyed Speed Racer. It was a fun little movie. If they were to tackle a JLA film, I'd SO be there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:22 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I enjoyed Speed Racer. It was a fun little movie.

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? - Page 3 128924253282576366
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:59 pm

new rumored director for justice league:
http://www.supermansupersite.com/0828346.html
August 28, 2012: EXCLUSIVE: Brett Ratner Joins List of Rumored Directors for "Justice League"

by Neil Cole

Every day it seems like a new name joins the shortlist of potential directors for Warner Bros. big screen adaption of the Justice League. Following recent rumors that Ben Affleck (who has since stated he is not involved with the project) and the Wachowski siblings are up for the directors chair, now comes word that Brett Ratner may wind up behind the camera on the blockbuster production.

Sources close to the project have informed the Superman Super Site that studio exec's, who are reportedly still far from a final decision on who will helm the Justice League film, are interested in Ratner as a possible contender for the role of director.

"The studio is very pleased with the work that Brett [Ratner] has done as a producer and director on past projects," states our sources. "They are now very interested in seeing what he can do with helping finally bring this group of iconic superheroes to the big screen!"

Ratner would certainly fit the criteria of someone with experience in directing a superhero movie as he has had prior experience with "X-Men - The Last Stand" (2006) and was also set to direct "Superman Returns" before Bryan Singer eventually took over directing duties.

Currently, the only project that could interfere with Ratner landing directing duties on Justice League is the possibility of a fourth "Rush Hour" film which is rumored to start production in 2013 with a 2014 release date.

Other than the announcement that a script is currently being written by "Gangster Squad" scribe, Will Beale, Warner Bros. has yet to release any further information on the status of the Justice League film.

Until such time that an official statement is made by the studio in regard to who will be directing the film, take this latest news as strictly rumor for now.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 pm

I could deal with Ratner if that's who they choose. I liked his X-Men film better than a lot of people give him credit for. Maybe it wasn't perfect & maybe Singer should've been doing that instead of ruining Superman but whatever. Ratner was supposed to have directed Superman & now he can get his chance? We'll see. And it wouldn't have to mess Snyder up on the solo franchise either.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Ratner has never shown he is capable of taking on a project with the scale necessary for 'Justice League'.

'X-Men 3' took place in very few locations, with no real scope to it. The Wachowski Siblings at least have made huge spectacle films, with lots of visual eye-candy. I would take them over "The Rat" any day of the week.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Ya I don't out right hate him. I liked his work on the rush hr films. And I think he is better suited for that stuff. Then taking on jl he just doesn't give me a lot of confence. But if they want a studio controlled pic I could see him as director. And if he was ultimately picked I hope he wouldn't screw it up.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Ratner has never shown he is capable of taking on a project with the scale necessary for 'Justice League'.

'X-Men 3' took place in very few locations, with no real scope to it. The Wachowski Siblings at least have made huge spectacle films, with lots of visual eye-candy. I would take them over "The Rat" any day of the week.

You sure about the Wachowskis? Larry has turned himself into 'Lana'. I kid you not!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wachowskis

Rumors that Lana was transitioning gender spread in the early 2000s, though neither sibling had spoken directly on the subject.[7] In 2003 Gothamist.com suggested that "the Matrix films could be read with a whole new subtext with the news of the [female] dominatrix [companion seen with Larry at film premieres]."[8] According to Rovi, Lana completed her transition after Speed Racer (2008).[9] The Hollywood Reporter and the New York Times have referred to the Wachowskis as "Andy and Lana (formerly Larry) Wachowski",[10][11] and Deadline.com has referred to the duo as "Andy and Lana Wachowski."[12] On some documents she appears as Laurenca Wachowski.[7][13][14] In July 2012, Lana made her public debut as a woman, in a video discussing the creative process behind Cloud Atlas.[15]

Andy has been married to Alisa Blasingame since 1991.[16]

And there are other articles online but I couldn't find the specific one I was wanting to right now. Anyway, do you really want something like this associated with a big tent-pole film like JLA? Before all this, maybe. Now? Doesn't have my vote.

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next