Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film?

3 posters

Go down

Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film? Empty Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film?

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh boy! Here we go again?!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175319-is-christopher-nolan-developing-the-justice-league-film

Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film?

by Spencer Perry
March 04, 2013

The road to the Justice League film hasn't been easy for Warner Bros. After it was revealed that the film would hit theaters in 2015, it came to light that the script for the film had been scrapped and they were having to start over. Enter the latest rumor on the project...

Latino Review is reporting that Warner Bros. has approached Christopher Nolan to take over everything related to their DC Comics properties. They allege that Nolan will be involved in the development and will produce all of the DC superheroes. They also say they are working toward having Christian Bale reprise his role as Bruce Wayne from The Dark Knight series to join up with Henry Cavill in the Justice League film and that Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will also produce and may direct the project.

Take this with a grain of salt, however, as there has been no confirmation from the studio or anyone else that any of this is true.

Justice League is currently targeted for a 2015 release. Man of Steel will fly into theaters on June 14.

The Latino Review link:

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/exclusive-dcu-takeover-huge-developments-justice-league/

There are some additional thoughts there as well as a video. So what think ye? Do we really need Nolan to rescue DC's properties? Shoot!

EDIT TO ADD: The video on Latino Review cuts off right after the 40 second mark so go here instead to watch it:

http://vimeo.com/60968809
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film? Empty Re: Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film?

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Remember how Ain't It Old News "debunked" the Planet Hulk news from the same guy? Well........:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

Tired Of JUSTICE LEAGUE False Starts, Warner Bros. Finally Throws Up The Bat Signal!
Published at: March 3, 2013, 11:34 p.m. CST

Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film? Batmanbale

Beaks here...

Nolan. Snyder. Goyer. Bale. Cavill. And players to be named later.

Latino Review has done their due dilligence on their latest scoop: Warner Bros. is handing the DC Universe reins over to Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder and David Goyer. The tentative plan is for Snyder to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE from a story devised by Nolan and Goyer. Snyder's deal isn't in place, but considering how ecstatic everyone at WB is about MAN OF STEEL (I've been told it's the movie of Summer 2013), the studio will make that deal.

Here's El Mayimbe's well-deserved victory lap laying out the key developments:

*SEE VIDEO IN ABOVE POST*

One thing from Mayimbe's video that can't be stressed enough: franchises are at a premium in Hollywood, and Disney has the top two at the moment (STAR WARS and the Marvel Universe). DC is an asset that has been bafflingly mismaged by the usually shrewd WB, and after the latest failed development of JUSTICE LEAGUE (with GANGSTER SQUAD screenwriter Will Beall), the studio has turned to Nolan. And when you get Nolan, you get Christian Bale as Batman. That's worth $1 billion at the worldwide box office. Minimum.

Henry Cavill's Clark Kent/Superman will obviously be a part of this JUSTICE LEAGUE. Beyond that, who knows? The smart money is on the characters WB has devleloped in the past: Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern. As for a villain? Man-Bat, obviously. Seriously, Darkseid was the focus of the previous script, but given Thanos's presumed involvement in THE AVENGERS 2, wouldn't that feel a bit copycat? That's definitely not Nolan's style.

In the past, when big stories like this have leaked prematurely, the studios have issued firmed denials. Lately, they've changed their approach. Now, silence seems to be the preferred response. However WB attacks this, I feel confident in backinig up El Mayimbe's story. This is what's going on with the DC Universe right now. One plus for the studio: I doubt fans are going to get up in arms over this. Conceptually, this is a home run. I just hope this doesn't fuck up Nolan's INTERSTELLAR. He's the only filmmaker around who can give us a big-budget science-fiction film based on the work of Kip Thorne.

A LOT of ass-umptions going on here.

So, just because Nolan is involved Bale is AUTOMATICALLY going to be "Batman" again? Me no think so. I have a feeling Nolan agreed to this not just because they are throwing tons of cash at him, but also because they promised NOT to use HIS "Batman" for Justice League. His ego wouldn't allow it.

But I laugh at some of the comments at that comicbooknews.com. Nolanites are saying shit like "Eat DC's dust, Marvel fans". And they MEAN IT.

The mind boggles at the sheer asinine STUPIDITY......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film? Empty Re: Is Christopher Nolan Developing the Justice League Film?

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:24 pm

So this story does have substance to it huh? Who'da thunk it? Best bet though is still WORLD'S FINEST. And no Nolan Batman.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:44 pm

IF Nolan is involved (and, full disclosure, I doubt he is or will be), it's probably not in any meaningful way. It'd probably be along the lines of MOS, where his "participation" is mainly his name being included with the posters and trailer but that's about it. He just doesn't have the imagination for something like Justice League of America. But something else? There's nothing wrong with a new interpretation... or at least an interpretation that permits for other characters. If anybody has that big a boner for an immaculate universe, there are at least seven Batman movies since 1989 that show him existing in his own world. Go watch those and let the rest of us move into the 21st century.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:02 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:IF Nolan is involved (and, full disclosure, I doubt he is or will be), it's probably not in any meaningful way. It'd probably be along the lines of MOS, where his "participation" is mainly his name being included with the posters and trailer but that's about it. He just doesn't have the imagination for something like Justice League of America. But something else? There's nothing wrong with a new interpretation... or at least an interpretation that permits for other characters. If anybody has that big a boner for an immaculate universe, there are at least seven Batman movies since 1989 that show him existing in his own world. Go watch those and let the rest of us move into the 21st century.

Word!

I highlighted that sentence because it's actually a great point. Other Bat-media, whether comics or animated features, do depict Batman in a 'shared universe' but Nolan wanted no part of that. Actually I believe the original quartet of films was open to the idea but just failed to act on it. Sure, Batman 1989 depicted Batman as a loner type but by the final 2 films in that franchise, we have Batman telling Robin, after Robin makes some asinine comment or something, that "This is why Superman works alone." Definitely not the 1st time I've ever pointed that out here but I feel that the original franchise was at least open to the idea. You could look at Batman's Superman comment as sort of a joke somewhat but OTOH he was at least mentioning Superman! So who knows? If The original franchise hadn't been rebooted we may have finally gotten WORLD'S FINEST at least? Nolan however nixed any chance of that. Supposedly. It'll be interesting indeed to see what duh brothers do with Batman now after the ending of the latest film.

Now let's say duh Nolan taking control of DC's film properties is true & it sounds like it is. I'll take a wild guess here & say that, judging by that video, this is a 'cash grab' on duh brothers part. As pointed out, Warner's has to deal with not only Joss Whedon & the Avengers sequel in one corner, in the other corner they've got JJ Abrams & the next STAR WARS film, both of which are now DISNEY properties! And ain't both coming out the same summer as the proposed JLA film? So how do duh brothers Warner think they even remotely have a chance?! So I believe that's where duh Nolan enters in. He's kept as a producer, a 'Godfather' over the films like with MOS but he's no doubt used because of his billion dollar box office potential. And let's say that MOS is a big hit. Well, I could see Zack Snyder not only doing the sequel but also JLA & after seeing WATCHMEN I don't have any doubt that Snyder could pull it off. So I think what duh brothers see here is a 'cash cow'. Duh Nolan name reels 'em in & Snyder hooks them with the extreme visuals. Voila'!

But you still have to wonder if they're gonna be able to compete with the aforementioned franchises?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 pm

non_amos wrote:I highlighted that sentence because it's actually a great point. Other Bat-media, whether comics or animated features, do depict Batman in a 'shared universe' but Nolan wanted no part of that. Actually I believe the original quartet of films was open to the idea but just failed to act on it. Sure, Batman 1989 depicted Batman as a loner type but by the final 2 films in that franchise, we have Batman telling Robin, after Robin makes some asinine comment or something, that "This is why Superman works alone." Definitely not the 1st time I've ever pointed that out here but I feel that the original franchise was at least open to the idea.
I'll go a step further than that and argue that Batman Forever, Lois & Clark and the Flash TV show could all be in the same universe.

The main reason why a team up/crossover didn't happen? In my view, it's pretty simple. WB distributed only really two rock star superhero properties (Batman and Superman)... and for a long while there, they didn't even own the full rights to Superman. So until about 1992 or 1993, they couldn't do a crossover. By the time they could, Batman was in need of a resuscitation and thus here came Batman Forever. By the time you get to Burton's Superman movie, there was going to be a cameo appearance by Batman and supposedly Keaton would've been playing the role. Obviously it didn't happen but people act like WB has only just tried developing this shit. Well, um, no. Marvel didn't invent this. Circumstances didn't favor WB in many cases but their effort to do some kind of crossover began almost the moment they had the legal rights to do so.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down