Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2!

3 posters

Go down

JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2! Empty JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2!

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 am

http://screencrush.com/justice-league-summer-2015/

‘Justice League’ Will Hit Theaters in Summer 2015, Do Battle With ‘The Avengers 2′
by: Britt Hayes Yesterday

JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2! Jla-da10
DC

Warner Bros. isn’t playing around with their plans to make the ‘Justice League‘ movie finally happen. The studio has announced that they’re targeting a summer 2015 release date… which means we’ll see the Justice League go up against ‘The Avengers‘ in one epic Marvel vs. DC stand-off.

Two movies will enter the summer blockbuster season featuring epic team-ups of superheroes, but only one will walk away with the bigger box office gross. We like to say you vote with your dollar, and this time around, it couldn’t be more true. Will more of you flock to see the heroes of DC or the heroes of Marvel? You’ll have your chance to see both in the summer of 2015.

The LA Times reports that Warner Bros. is eying the 2015 summer block for its release of the ‘Justice League’ movie, which would pit it against Marvel and Disney’s ‘The Avengers’ sequel, also hitting theaters that summer. But here’s the thing: WB is sort of jumping the gun because they don’t even have a director at this point — just a script from Will Beall. The studio seems rather confident about their film, which is said to unite Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lantern, and the Flash.

It seems WB also wanted Chris Nolan to produce the film, as he is with Zack Snyder‘s upcoming ‘Man of Steel,’ but the director turned them down. It’s said that WB is, however, looking to have ‘Man of Steel’ star Henry Cavill join the ‘Justice League’ film to reprise his role as Superman. No other casting has been announced at this time, though Armie Hammer of ‘The Social Network’ and ‘The Lone Ranger‘ has been rumored as a possible candidate for Batman.

There may be some truth to this because I also saw an article on my Facebook page that came from the MOS Facebook page which I may post here later but it's late. Anyway, it seems duh brothers Warner have some renewed confidence in all things Superman & JLA since the victory they received in the court ruling. However, they wanted Nolan to produce at which he declined. Of course. And as much as I'd like to see Cavill's Superman in a JLA film, is it really wise to go directly up against the Avengers?! Neutral
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2! Empty Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:17 am

The news has also been mention in Comicbookmovie.com, Supermanhomepage.com and Superherohype.com however I still question whether if the news is true or not!

But what I think that the WB studio should consider doing is start doing solo films (Particularly a "Flash" & "Wonder "Woman" film) and sequels to MOS & GL first before getting started on "Justice League" like Marvel has done for their "Avengers" film unless WB decided to do what they originally planned years ago and thats doing JL and then get started on solo films afterwards as prequels right before Marvel capitalize on the idea except in reverse and actually putting it into motion!

Plus having a JL film compete with an "Avengers" sequel may not be much of a good move as thought out to be inspite how epic the competition would be for comic fans DC & Marvel alike!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2! Empty Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2!

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Will it turn into something like this?

JUSTICE LEAGUE TO DO BATTLE WITH AVENGERS 2! Wars_m10

I loved this epic struggle but I think we all know how it turned out in the end. Will there be similiar results DC vs. Marvel?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:50 pm

It could be! When you think back at the Monday Night Wars not only it was a competition for each industry for getting the most ratings it also impacted wrestling fandom in general.

The same can be said about a possible "Justice League" film (If done right) being release around the same season as an "Avengers" sequel, it will impact comic fans from both sides DC & Marvel, hell we might as well be calling it the "Summer Team-Up Wars" since it'll be a competition on which comic-based-team-up film will be making more money at the box office and maybe even receiving the better critical reception!

In which I think this could either be a good thing or a bad thing for WB/DC part! If the film is successful with it's box office charts & critical reaction then the film may have a chance on either beating "The Avengers 2" or at the very least tie in with it with no worries of being beaten out or being condemned as inferior to the latter thus leading to the possibility of solo sequels and a JL sequel. However if the film fails to achieve any of those or both then the film will definitely fall flat to it's contender in terms of supremacy which means WB would be regretting to have a JL film out just for the sole purpose of competing against "The Avengers 2" thus burying any hope for any future DC based films. In other words... It's a make-or-break deal for WB/DC but that all depends on how the film turns out.

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:19 pm

I used the Monday Night Wars thing like an analogy of sorts, i.e., DC vs. Marvel, but I still want this thread to be about JLA vs. Avengers. I don't want to derail it. However, with that being said, remember this too. Ultimately Vince McMahon won but you might say.....on a technicality. For the longest time WCW was winning. But something interesting happened. You see, to make a long story short, 'Billionaire Ted' Turner owned WCW (NWA), TBS, TNN, CNN, etc. But then he merged his empire with TIME-WARNER who in turn soon afterward merged with AOL, at least back then anyway. As I understand it, when WCW finally started to falter, some AOL suit saw that WCW had lost something like 80 million that year & decided to put the axe to WCW. They didn't like wrestling anyway even though Billionaire Ted did. So the company was sold (for real, not fake) & guess who bought it? Vince McMahon! And if I remember correctly, he got EVERYTHING for like 4.5 million, the video library, the company, everything! Just take a trip to Walmart now & find his latest DVD of the week, often capitalizing on this very thing! So WWF didn't really do WCW in, their own incompetence did through mismanagement.

Gee, that sounds kinda like how duh brothers Warner do business (remember Time-Warner)? Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here after all. Idea
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 pm

I caught the news of jl when it came out. First as much as I do want to see jl film. I still can't see it coming as soon as they want/hope. Personally I still say wb should first if mos is success officially sign cavill to supes for jl(be foolish not to have him as jl supes or have to cocurrent supermen in feature films). Second do a sequel to mos before jl. So mos/mos 2 can lay seeds to a possible if they are/will do shared film verse. Then at least pump out flash orr ww or reboot batman first. So. You can like marvel have a couple charaacters already set to go and fans/general viewers know who is who and what direction characters be in film series. And others like martian manhunter, aquaman etc... other could just be intro fully in jl but mentioned in other films leaading to jl. So then we don't have to waste so much time setting up the herroes on top of the villains. For what is likely a 2 hr. 2 and a half hr movie. And all that. I just don't want to wawaste half the film setting up everything. Which is why I like marvel approach.

Then if jl is success do sequels for it and if public likes the heroes who didn't get solo film before jl then get there solo adventure. I personally don't want to see a just jl series actors and jl only films. And then have totally different set of actors for potential solo films. I just think that is wrong way to go and would gbe mass confusion to fans, the general public, and for merch sales flooding it. So I do hope wb will make the right calls with solo/jl films.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down