Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

+2
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Couldn't figure where to put this, so I stuck it here.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/24/what-would-be-your-reaction-to-frank-millers-justice-league/

What Would Be Your Reaction To Frank Miller’s Justice League?
Written on September 24, 2012 by Rich Johnston in Comics, Recent Updates

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? - Page 5 SupesArmy-600x301

Undercover Warner Bros marketing people walk into a comic shop. Stop me if you’ve heard this one. The name of the shop has been removed to protect the guilty.

They entered posing as fans, but it was obvious to staff by the time they finished their first question that they were not. And about half way through they abandoned all pretence and were asking questions like “what superhero films have had good Facebook pages?”, “Do you think comic fans would accept a superhero film without Nolan’s involvement, would him serving as a producer suffice?” “What do fans think of Aquaman? He’s lame isn’t he?”, “What is regarded as the strongest lineup of the Justice League and would work as a film?” boiling right down to “What should DC do film wise?”

They asked for comics that best represented how the fans perceived the Justice League. One of them was wearing a box fresh Batman T-shirt – it still had the wrapping crease marks. They knew nothing about comics but corrected a member of staff on the year the Justice League film was due, 2014, not 2013. They mocked the Ant Man movie and looked a bit worried when they were assured by staffit was probably going to be all right.

And they looked glum when they were told DC should “just do what Marvel have done”.

The biggest give away for the staff was when they asked what impact films had on comics sales. The staff replied that it was very little, unless it was an unknown character. Their immediate response was “Oh, like Jonah Hex” which didn’t fit with the rest of their limited knowledge – and they didn’t seem aware that the Green Lantern and Jonah Hex movies were not well regarded.

The staff explained how Marvel could make a movie out of any character but because it would tie into the bigger picture, it stood a greater chance of success. The interlopers were really interested in what obscure characters there were realated to the league… and then they asked the big one.

“What would fan reaction be to a Justice League movie with Frank Miller’s name attached?”

Bleeding Cool message board commentators, you have been criticised by some, mocked by others, becoming a byword in some places for unreasonable, offensive behaviour. Well, I believe your moment has come. Feel free to tell them exactly what fan reaction would be…

Not sure what to think of this....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Hmm I too don't know what I feel about that. He has his good points and bad points. But I still think dc needs to approach things like marvel has. And get someone like whedon to helm jl and get the characters done right. They need to embrace the comics/source material and put out films like marvel studios has..
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:54 am

I'm not ready to ridicule the idea. Look at it from their point of view. "These online fans keep saying we should bring in comic book creators for these movies. Say, that Frank Miller guy, he wrote some really popular comics AND he directs movies! What's he up to these days?" You have to respect what they're trying to do. Is Miller my first choice? Well, no, but there's a limit to how far I'm willing to criticize their intentions here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5