Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CW's "Arrow" series

+2
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CW's "Arrow" series - Page 4 Empty Re: CW's "Arrow" series

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

I like craig he makes for a good bond. But I couldn't see him as ollie. As for this show I do hope it turns out to be good.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 am

Arrow timeslot confirmed:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-timeslot-confirmed-wednesdays-at-8pm/11133
The CW has formally announced their Fall 2012 schedule, and with only a slight difference from what was reported by USA Today last night, Arrow has landed on Wednesdays at 8PM.

The show will be followed at 9PM on Wednesday nights by long-running hit Supernatural.

The CW will be rolling out their new Fall launches in early October, so we can now start the countdown with “less than five months away!”

You can read more about The CW’s 2012-2013 schedule here.

Hopefully we’ll have some more images for you soon… thus far, The CW has not yet released anything more than the first promo shot seen with this article and the new picture that came out last night. A trailer should be out momentarily.

Also new promo image:

CW's "Arrow" series - Page 4 Arrown10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 1:50 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=59899

CW's "Arrow" series - Page 4 Arrowart

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Would have liked a scene of him in costume. But that was a nice training squence.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri May 18, 2012 3:01 am

A few things I still wonder is whether Oliver Queen would use technological arrows rather than traditional ones and will this truly be the CW's answer to replacing "Smallville"?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 am

Trailer:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 am

It was a nice trailer doesn't look to bad. As for tech arrows I would expect probably after a few episodes. Since when show starts we are seeing him become green arrow. Persohally I hope for knockout gas arrows, taser arrows and maybe a net arrow. All very doable on budget.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 pm

the cw releases another promo:

Stephen amell comments on arrow:
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/05/18/stephen-amell-arrow-interview/
"It's pretty kick ass," the actor tells MTV Splash Page of what we should expect from the CW's take on Green Arrow this Fall. "There's a lot of action; there's a lot of fighting. It's close hand to hand combat and it's aggressive. The entire pilot just keeps ramping up the entire way. You don't get a break." As for the training he went through (Amell can be seen looking extremely buff in the clip, trailer and TV spot) he said, "It was the basics; it was like 'wax on, wax off' stuff. I did a bunch of parkour, and then I got into weight training and the specific fight choreography for the pilot, and that sort of continued to ramp up as we went along."

"I think that when you see the pilot, other than in name, the characters really don't have anything in common," Amell confirmed when asked about any similarities between this and the Green Arrow introduced in Smallville and played by Justin Hartely. "It's very different and people will get that after about two minutes of the show." As for the costume, he added added, "The idea for the costume was I wanted to be able to put the costume on by myself. Because if I could put the costume on by myself that means that it's functional and if it's functional people will buy it. My boots are actually Nike Frees, which is kind of cool. It's leather and it's tight and it's aggressive, but I can move in it. People will like it."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 am

Hey guys was over at shh arrow board, and a poster over there noticed the names on ollie's father's hitlist lists a bunch of green arrow villains/characters. So if we see these folks from list in the show looks like we could be in for a bunch of know arrow baddies showing up in time. Here is list of names:
Albert Davis - a Star City Millionaire and occultist who's plan to rid the city from crime goes awry. He was killed by Mia Dearden (Speedy).

David Drason - Grew up in an area of Star City known as The Swamp. He was sentenced to prison for the murder of a police officer but escaped and took the name, Slingshot.

Hannibal Bates - known as the shape-shifter, Everyman.

Isabel Rochen - former Siberian servant who earns her way into wealth. Believes herself to be the true heir to Queen Industries and is an enemy of Green Arrow better know as The Queen.

John Deleon

This is the guy who bankrupted Oliver.

I think its this.
Daniel 'Danny' Brickwell. (I couldn't really make it out, but I saw Danny and what seems like B.........)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 pm

International buyers have interest in arrow:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=60370
Among the new shows gettings thumbs-up is Warner Bros’ superhero CW drama Arrow. “It was surprisingly good,” said Ruediger Boess, head of acquisitions for Germany’s ProSiebenSat1. “It’s darker and older than the standard CW shows, and its very well cast.” - Deadline
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 26, 2012 12:09 pm

No cat grant in arrow pilot:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/no-cat-grant-in-the-arrow-pilot/11164
No Cat Grant In The Arrow Pilot
CRAIG BYRNE

A few months ago, there was talk that the DC Comics character Cat Grant, who has appeared in animation like Young Justiceand in live action on Lois & Clark (played by Tracy Scoggins) and Smallville(with Keri Lynn Pratt and Emilie Ullerup in the role), would be making an appearance in The CW’s Arrow pilot.

Now that we’ve seen the pilot, we can confirm that the scene, which was at least in earlier drafts of the script, has been changed; rather than Cat Grant, another reporter makes the TV announcement that Oliver Queen is alive.

There is at least what appears to be a visual reference or hint to another DC character within the opening minutes of Arrow, which will hopefully lead to something more later in the series… but for now, Arrow appears to be a Cat Grant-free zone.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 31, 2012 12:41 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=60671

"Nobody in our universe has super powers, so that's a big jumping off point. I think we find Oliver Queen more injured than we saw him before. Other than in name, there are virtually no similarities between [Hartley's version and the new version]. It's not to say that one's better than the other, it's just that they're so different, it's almost weird to compare them."

The site also goes on to reveal that they have viewed a rough-cut of the pilot and absolutely loved the show and reinforce the fact that he's very different from Smallville's take on The Emerald Archer. Also commenting on the pilot is The Detroit News which states that the show has "plenty of Easter eggs" and that Amell has "more charisma than “Smallville’s” lead, Tom Welling." The show seems very promising and definitely surprised most skeptics when the first footage was unveiled. And while there are no superpowered beings currently planned to cameo, there's plenty of non-powered heroes to choose from DC's roster.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 31, 2012 12:51 am

Craig Byrne wrote:A few months ago, there was talk that the DC Comics character Cat Grant, who has appeared in animation like Young Justice and in live action on Lois & Clark (played by Tracy Scoggins) and Smallville(with Keri Lynn Pratt and Emilie Ullerup in the role), would be making an appearance in The CW’s Arrow pilot.
I don't get why Craig does shit like this. "Cat Grant was played by so-and-so in such-and-such, oooh, just look at how much I know, I have IMDB access you could only DREAM of", blah blah blah.

Apologist Puncher wrote:"Nobody in our universe has super powers"
*sigh*

Chris Nolan couldn't be reached for comment.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu May 31, 2012 1:47 am

"NO ONE IN OUR UNIVERSE HAS SUPER-POWERS.........."

And herein lies your problem duh WB. Look, Nolanites, apologists, whatever-ites can bash all they want on AVENGERS but here's the deal. Avengers made no apologies for being a SUPERHERO FILM! I know, I know, this is about 'Arrow' but I'm making a point. You see, in that film, you had some heroes with powers, some without powers but not once did MARVEL STUDIOS 'apologize' to the audience for their product being too 'comic-booky'. Neither were they ashamed of said product either. Neither did they think it was an insult to our intelligence. As a matter of fact, they embrace it. All!

But over at duh WB, they can't even call the hero GREEN ARROW. And they seem to go out of their way to emphasize 'no super-powers in our universe'. I mean, gimme a break! Thank you, Mr. Nolan, for all of the hyper-realism that the WB/DC universe wants to embrace. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't cinema supposed to be a form of escape?! Like I said before here somewhere, if I want realism all I have to do is get up & go to work everyday, blah blah blah. Come home, go to bed, wash, rinse, repeat. But kudos to Marvel for having the balls to deliver a real superhero product!

And good luck 'brothers' once Nolan has departed the superhero biz! Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 am

Amell comments on if other heroes might show up in the show:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60769
Stephen Amell Teases The Appearance Of Black Canary And More In ARROW

Check out what the actor who will bring Oliver Queen/Green Arrow to the small screen in this Fall's Arrow had to say when asked about the possible appearance of other DC characters (including the chances of Katie Cassidy taking on the Black Canary persona). Josh Wilding - 5/31/2012

"Stay tuned," Stephen Amell told IGN TV when asked whether or not fans should expect to see any other DC Comics characters popping up in Arrow when it debuts on the CW later this year. "I know that the people that are working on the show, they love comics. I know that Geoff Johns from DC Comics -- he’s a great guy -- he was up there [on set]. I think that he’s going to write an episode eventually. It would be unfortunate if, being a comic book show, we didn’t draw from all the characters in the DC Universe. I hope we do."

Of course, Katie Cassidy's Dinah Lance is best known to comic book readers as the heroic Black Canary, so what are the chances we'll be seeing the former Supernatural star suiting up as the Birds of Prey leader in Arrow? "I don’t know," the actor disappointingly admitted when pressed on whether or not she'll don the fishnets at some point. "I hope that Katie eventually -- fishnets or otherwise -- she deserves to be a superhero at some point." Who would you like to see make an appearance in the show? Sound off with your thoughts in the usual place!
I do hope in time we see other heroes. Personally still think black canary would be logical choice since dinah will be on the show already. And if they stick with no powers stick. I guess they can go with golden age verison for her. As for heroes I wouldn't mind if they do some street level guys like wildcat, the question. And maybe some low powered heroes/tech based ones.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 pm

We now have word on a director for an early episode:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/guy-norman-bee-to-direct-for-arrow/11189
Guy Norman Bee To Direct For Arrow

CRAIG BYRNE

Fan favorite director Guy Norman Bee, whose credits include Supernatural, Kyle XY, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Secret Circle, and more, will be directing an early episode of Arrow.

On Twitter today, he told us that he starts prep in mid-July. Considering his wealth of experience in the genre field, in addition to directing gritty realism and drama on shows like SouthLAnd and Criminal Minds, he should be a great choice for the world of Arrow.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Amell comments on Arrow Pilot:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am

Extended arrow preview:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:06 pm

International arrow poster:
CW's "Arrow" series - Page 4 Arrowi10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am

Katie cassidy comments on playing dinah:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=61615
Katie Cassidy Talks Briefly About Her Role As Dinah Lance In ARROW

The actress shares her thoughts on playing such an iconic character in Arrow this Fall,reveals when filming continues on the series and also comments on her excitement to premiere the show for fans at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. Josh Wilding - 6/13/2012

This Fall, the CW will debut Arrow; a show focusing on the adventures of Oliver Queen, a.k.a. Green Arrow. Katie Cassidy (Supernatural) will play Dinah Lance, a character better known to comic book fans as the Black Canary. Talking to Collider, the actress confirmed that she will be returning to work on the show this July and had this to say about playing the well-know DC Comics character. "It’s a little intimidating, yeah, but when you’re so in it, you have to let that stuff go. You can’t think about it ‘cause then it just gets in your way."

"I try mainly to just focus on character and what my character’s point of view is, with each person, and try to figure out story," she added. "I’m just there to do my job. I’m really excited about it! I think it’s going to be really, really fun. I’m working with a great group of people, and everyone is amazing and really talented. I’m really lucky to have given the opportunity to do that." As for the recent announcement that the show will premiere at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, Cassidy said, That will be awesome! I feel like I’m still not in the headspace for that yet, but it’s the perfect place."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-key-cards-to-be-distributed-at-comic-con-hotels/11211
A rrow Key Cards To Be Distributed At Co mic- Con Hotels

CRAIG BYRNE

If you booked a hotel room for next month’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, be sure to ask your hotel for an Arrow key card.

Warner Bros. today released what the key card art will look like — a variation of the international promo art that surfaced a few weeks ago. Arrow won’t be the only key card art we’ll be seeing… they’re also doing cards for 666 Park Avenueand Revolution.

Arrow will have a panel on Friday, July 13 in which cast members will appear and the pilot will be screened. Pilot screenings are also scheduled for Comic-Con’s Preview Night.

You can have a larger look at the key card art at KSiteTV.
CW's "Arrow" series - Page 4 Arrow
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Arrow premire date revealed:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/28/cw-fall-dates/
The CW network has officially announced its fall 2012 schedule. Among the shows listed was Arrow, based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow/Oliver Queen. We previously heard that the show, which stars Stephen Amell as "Arrow" (as he will be called in the series), was picked up for a full series order a couple months ago. Now, the network has confirmed the precise date and time for its series premiere:

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10th 8:00-9:00 PM - ARROW (Series Premiere) 9:00-10:00 PM - SUPERNATURAL

Additionally, the long-running Supernatural will begin its eighth season on October 3rd at 9:00 PM, while an episode will air on Wednesdays following Arrow. Finally, Beauty & The Beast will have its series premiere October 11th at 9:00 PM, following the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Arrrowtv characters he like to see on the show:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-characters-id-like-to-see-in-the-cws-new-series/11225
Arrow: Characters I’d Like To See In The CW’s New Series

CRAIG BYRNE

The series premiere of Arrow is a little more than three months away, with the pilot episode screening in less than ten days at Comic-Con. Also at Comic-Con, we are sure to hear some more announcements of what to expect from the show’s future. Before we get any confirmed announcements, though, I’d like to voice my own opinion of what characters I would like to see at some point in Arrow’s hopefully long run.

I’ve been reading Green Arrow comics since the early 1990′s, when the book was a “Suggested For Mature Readers” title and the talented Mike Grell was at the helm. I’ve followed the title through the good times and the bad. So, please know this comes from the perspective of a longtime DC Comics geek and therefore, it might be a geekier wish list than you might see in some places.

Some of these characters will inevitably show up on the series for sure; some are simply hopes that might be a little ridiculous. In some cases I even have my own casting suggestions, which may also be unrealistic. So let’s start with the most likely one, and move on from there….

Character: Deathstroke Why: The pilot episode of Arrow has a very familiar looking mask on the island. I am going to assume that this means Slade Wilson was at one point on the island that Oliver Queen had disappeared to for so many years. While he’s older, he’s a master fighter as well as a very smart man – the perfect recipe for a threatening villain. The whole island connection makes me wonder what his relationship with Oliver had been like in the past. A mentor? A friend? Or was he always an enemy? Suggested casting: Stephen Lang (Terra Nova, Avatar). Slade Wilson needs to be imposing — sorry, Michael Hogan — and I can’t think of an older actor that has the look down THAT perfectly. But could Arrow afford him, with what already is a pretty large (and good) cast?

Character: Roy Harper Why: He’s the original “Speedy,” Oliver Queen’s first sidekick of the comics. He’s another one I’d expect to see on the show at some point — perhaps as a contemporary or friend of Oliver’s sister Thea? Just keep him away from cats. Suggested casting: This one I have no idea on. Obviously, someone younger, closer to Willa Holland’s age. The CW is better at casting hot people than I am, so let’s just leave it there.

Character: Shado Why: She’s another character that would be a worthy and mysterious adversary to Oliver Queen, and although she hasn’t been in the comics much lately, she’s an important part of the character’s history. Suggested casting: Maggie Q. Which means this can’t happen for a while, because I hope Nikita is on for a few more years to come. But really. Who wouldn’t want to see Maggie Q and Stephen Amell fight on screen?

Character: Black Canary Why: Wait, isn’t Black Canary already on the show?!? Well, yes… Dinah Laurel Lance is, but what about her mother, Dinah Drake Lance? Could the show be calling her “Laurel” to separate her from her mother, who, by the way, we don’t see in the pilot at all? Suggested casting: I’m tempted to say “Lori Loughlin” since she was so awesome as Black Canary in Birds of Prey, but I’ll just leave it as “someone older and, of course, hot.”

Character: Hal Jordan Why: This one, really, came from folks who had posted to the Arrow forum and Twitter feed. Green Lantern and Green Arrow team-ups are legendary. Yes, it would be hard to do Green Lantern on a TV budget, but maybe the ring could have some TV-induced limitations? Obviously this would have to come at a time when or if Arrow has gone into sci-fi territory. Suggested casting: Not Ryan Reynolds. He’s a movie guy, plus, seeing a movie character alongside a TV character might be a bit weird, so it might be best to go all new here. Then again… the fact that Green Lantern Hal Jordan is a movie character might preclude him from showing up on Arrow to begin with. If that’s the concern, how about another Green Lantern? John Stewart is a favorite to many who watched the cartoons. Guy Gardner could be a look in the mirror for Oliver who was quite a jerk back in the day. And Kyle Rayner is the GL of “my” generation, and one that would also be fun to see on TV. It’s really up to them.

Character: Batman Why: We waited ten years for him on Smallville, and eventually someone’s going to have to let us have him. Plus, although he dresses up like a bat, he does kind of fit in to the grounded universe. On the flip side, we already have a rich guy doing good and avenging his city with Arrow, so maybe we don’t need him on TV anymore. Suggested casting: Obviously not Christian Bale, but again, I’m leaving this one to the casting gods.

Character: Christopher Chance Why: The Human Target TV series was sadly way too short lived, and although it came from different producers, the character of Christopher Chance from Human Target would totally fit in with the world of Arrow. Also, selfishly, I want to see Mark Valley in the role again. Bonus if Guerrero comes along. Suggested casting: Mark Valley. Who else?

Character: The Question Why: You’re going to have the Watchmen/Rorschach comparisons for sure, and having a guy with a blank face on a network full of pretty faces might not work out anyway, but it could still lead to some interesting story. The Question is one of DC’s most intriguing characters, after all. Suggested casting: Someone who doesn’t mind wearing a blank face.

Character: Eddie Fyers Why: Former CIA agent who went freelance. TV could portray him any way they wanted, really. But it would be a fun case of stunt casting, because I’d recommend… Suggested casting: Tom Welling. He’d probably never do it, but to play a non-super character in a different world of heroes could be funny. That, and can you imagine Welling with Eddie Fyers’ mustache?

Some of his choices of characters would be sweet. I definately like to see slade, and his choice would be epic. Roy I also love to see and if they don't do him as speedy red arrow/arnsal identies would probably be more likely and better area to take the character. I do like craig's idea of maybe making roy a friend of his sister thea for the show.

I really like to see question and do think he would be an easy and doable character. Plus if they really go for grounded take/world. Question would be a cool character to tackle and costume/mask doable on a tv budget.

I don't like his idea though for dinah/black canary. I rather katie's dinah be black canary. And if they forgo having meta power heroes. Just mix golden age black canary story/history for show dinah. And just have her learn/train in fighting. Plus could be an idea choice/storyline and a easy way to bring in ted grant/wildcat.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:12 pm

I see that they're pairing this show on Wednesday nights this Fall with SUPERNATURAL. Probably a wise pairing on duh CW's part. Whether Wednesday night is a good time slot, I don't know. What I really don't know about is parting with the Smallville continuity so soon. We'll see I guess.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62900

CW's "Arrow" series - Page 4 2r4occ10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher