Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CW's "Arrow" series

+2
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CW's "Arrow" series - Page 2 Empty Re: CW's "Arrow" series

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 pm

non_amos wrote:Well I guess that rules out Hartley then. Probably rules out any connection to Smallville too. scratch
Not too big a surprise. I wasn't expecting a Smallville connection at all.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Would been nice but from day one it was stated to be a new original show.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:22 am

Here's a nice slap in the face for those of you looking forward to this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=54326

"It’s a very provocative and sophisticated and edgy. It’s not as comic book-y as Smallville or other [superhero projects] from other networks.”

“He doesn’t have any superpowers, he’s a very grounded character like a Jason Bourne — we use the term ‘mambo'. His skill-set is that he’s an archer, but he also has physical strength and prowess. He’s clever and able to devise ways of taking down a bad guy that are unique and fun to watch.”
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Here's a nice slap in the face for those of you looking forward to this:
Why Puncher, whatever do you mean?

douchebag associated with the production wrote:"It’s a very provocative and sophisticated and edgy. It’s not as comic book-y as Smallville or other [superhero projects] from other networks.”
Oh, that.

sigh

That does it, I'm going to become an A-list Hollywood director and then do a Shakespeare adaptation. And just to make those fucksticks sit up and listen, I'm going to say "Yeah, I want to my version of Romeo & Juliet. None of that fruity Elizabethan English, no sword fights, no poison, no forbidden love story, none of that bullshit. I think modern audiences need something updated. That retarded idea of adapting the play literally is just a recipe for disaster."

Of course, this would probably backfire on me because some Hollywood shit-stain would probably think that's a brilliant idea and the only people who'd know to get offended by this are a bunch of innocent bystander Shakespeare enthusiasts.

But still, I can't be the only one who's tired of douchewad Hollywood pricks doing comic stuff saying "we don't want to make it comic booky".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:15 am

Hey, if Hollyweird were to make Romeo & Juliette now, they'd probably do a 'PC' version. No longer would it be Romeo & Juliette. Now it would be ROMEO & JULIAN. 2 twinks straight out of TWILIGHT whose relationship is not accepted by their respective families so they move to San Francisco. Fill in the blanks for the rest. Yes, that film would make Hollyweird proud. Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:32 am

non_amos wrote:Hey, if Hollyweird were to make Romeo & Juliette now, they'd probably do a 'PC' version. No longer would it be Romeo & Juliette. Now it would be ROMEO & JULIAN. 2 twinks straight out of TWILIGHT whose relationship is not accepted by their respective families so they move to San Francisco. Fill in the blanks for the rest. Yes, that film would make Hollyweird proud. Wink
Someone should get the Sundance people on the phone, we may have a hit here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:37 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:Hey, if Hollyweird were to make Romeo & Juliette now, they'd probably do a 'PC' version. No longer would it be Romeo & Juliette. Now it would be ROMEO & JULIAN. 2 twinks straight out of TWILIGHT whose relationship is not accepted by their respective families so they move to San Francisco. Fill in the blanks for the rest. Yes, that film would make Hollyweird proud. Wink
Someone should get the Sundance people on the phone, we may have a hit here.

I didn't even think of them but yeah, you're right. Perfect vehicle I suppose.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Just saw that bit myself too. Now I get the appeal with bourne analog with how ga is a normal guy and his skills to take out criminals. So thhat aspect I get what that exec was saying. Bbut hopefully they don't nake same mistake like nbc/kelly did with ww. It isn't a good sign as ap said but hopefully the exec isn't the be all end all say in things. We really haven't heard much out of the showrunners or david nutter who is directing the pilot. So I do cross fingers things turn out good. Cause in the end of the day. Your making a show based on a comic character. If you are not using the comic stuff to degrees that work within tv/film mechnics what's the point in doing x character in first place.

But in other news this article:
http://www.moviehole.net/201252488-arrow-wont-be-anything-like-smallville
Which also talkks about said comments from cw exec. We learn that actor david ramesey has joined the cast. As one of the show original characters john diggle.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Moira Queen cast for green arrow pilot arrow:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=54712
Susanna Thompson Joins The Cast Of ARROW

The Dragonfly actress has signed on to play the mother of Green Arrow/Oliver Queen in The CW's upcoming pilot Arrow,a modern revision of the DC Comics character. PaulRom - 2/14/2012

Deadline reports that Susanna Thompson - previously seen in NCIS and Dragonfly - has landed one of the female leads on the CW pilot Arrow, based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow/Oliver Queen. Thompson will play the character's mother, Moira Queen. The actress joins Stephen Amell (Green Arrow) and David Ramsey (John Diggle) in the pilot, which is directed by Smallville's David Nutter, and it's written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim.

What do you think of this casting piece?

The Warner Bros TV-produced project, described as a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow, stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City.

Follow @PaulRomCBM
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:41 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=54722

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:53 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=54712

Deadline reports that Susanna Thompson - previously seen in NCIS and Dragonfly - has landed one of the female leads on the CW pilot Arrow, based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow/Oliver Queen. Thompson will play the character's mother, Moira Queen. The actress joins Stephen Amell (Green Arrow) and David Ramsey (John Diggle) in the pilot, which is directed by Smallville's David Nutter, and it's written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim.

CW's "Arrow" series - Page 2 41591L
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 pm

We now have our Dinah Lance:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/katie-cassidy-set-as-female-lead-in-cw-pilot-arrow/
Katie Cassidy Set As Female Lead In CW Pilot ‘Arrow’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday February 15, 2012 @ 1:30pm PST
Tags: Arrow, CW, Katie Cassidy

Gossip Girl, Melrose Place and Supernatural alumna Katie Cassidy is back at the CW as the female lead in the network’s pilot Arrow. The Warner Bros TV-produced project, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow, stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Cassidy will play Laurel, a young legal clinic attorney who shares a romantic past with Oliver. (In the comics, the character, Dinah “Laurel” Lance, has a superhero alter ego, Black Canary.) In Arrow, Cassidy joins Amell and Susanna Thompson, who was cast yesterday as Oliver’s mother, Moira Queen. David Nutter is directing the pilot, written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim. On the feature side, Cassidy, repped by CAA and Anonymous Content, was most recently seen in Monte Carlo.

I liked her in her stint on SPN, so cant wait to see how she turns out as dinah, and her connection with amell who is ollie. I do hope if the pilot goes to series, down the road she will become black canery.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:26 am

An we got another cast member in. This time actress playing original made younger sister of ollie, thea queen:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/arrow-nick-stoller-comedy-add-to-casts/
‘Arrow’ & Nick Stoller Comedy Add To Casts BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday February 15, 2012 @ 7:28pm PST

EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of casting Gossip Girl, Melrose Place and Supernatural alumna Katie Cassidy as the female lead in the CW’s pilot Arrow, another familiar CW face is joining the project. Willa Holland (Gossip Girl) has been cast in the modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow which stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Holland will play Thea Queen, Oliver’s celebutante younger sister who’s testing the boundaries of acceptable behavior. The actress, repped by Gersh and Meyer Management, also co-starred on Fox’s The O.C.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 am

Looks like we have possible guest star/maybe pilot villain threat:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Jolt17/news/?a=54968
Brian Markinson Joins the Cast of CW's ARROW

Although there hasn't yet been any official confirmation,a recent report reveals that the Canadian actor will be joining the cast of The CW's Arrow as the main antagonist of the pilot episode,Adam Hunt. Jolt17 - 2/18/2012

Thanks to Green Arrow TV, we have a currently unconfirmed report of this casting addition, as well as a little information about the character of Adam Hunt right below.

We don’t have official confirmation from the studio, so our apologies if this information is incorrect, but it seems that Brian Markinson has landed the role of Adam Hunt in the CW’s Green Arrow pilot, Arrow. Hunt is a corrupt businessman who is ripping off some people —behavior that has gotten the attention of Dinah Laurel Lance and her CNRI firm. I think it’s safe to assume that he’ll cross paths with Oliver in the premiere episode as well.

Brian Markinson has previously guest starred in numerous TV series' such as Caprica, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, The X-Files, and Supernatural, among many others. More details of the character can be found in the review of the TV series' pilot script.

The CW's Arrow stars Stephen Arnell as Oliver Queen,Katie Cassidy as Dinah Laurel Lance,David Ramsey as John Diggle,Willa Holland as Thea Queen,and Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen. The pilot will be directed by David Nutter,based on the script written by Andrew Kreisberg,Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim.

Source: Green Arrow TV
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:47 pm

The news for a "Green Arrow" series which will indeed be titled "Arrow" definitly generate some intrest for me considering Marvel has already been ahead of DC in regards to motion picture films but this could be the start of DC actually catching up and even up the playing field in accomplishing what Marvel seem to be lacking or failing and that is bringing on live action adaptations of their comic characters to the small screen (I'm sensing DC has finally found a ACE in the hole) but with positive results. Since the series will be a stand alone show and not a spin-off from "Smallville" could very well be a good thing given the show's opportunity to be successful without existing in the same continuity from another series that has already gain recognition just as long it dosen't fellow the same foot steps as the propose "Wonder Woman" pilot, but then again this is going to be aired on CW and not NBC so that aleast puts all worries to ease!

I'm also looking forward to see a propose "Blue Beetle" series but not sure about the rest!

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:The news for a "Green Arrow" series which will indeed be titled "Arrow" definitly generate some intrest for me considering Marvel has already been ahead of DC in regards to motion picture films but this could be the start of DC actually catching up and even up the playing field in accomplishing what Marvel seem to be lacking or failing and that is bringing on live action adaptations of their comic characters to the small screen (I'm sensing DC has finally found a ACE in the hole) but with positive results.

Yes. Because having the longest running sci-fi show in North American television history was such a dismal failure, huh?

Idiot.

Since the series will be a stand alone show and not a spin-off from "Smallville" could very well be a good thing given the show's opportunity to be successful without existing in the same continuity from another series that has already gain recognition just as long it dosen't fellow the same foot steps as the propose "Wonder Woman" pilot, but then again this is going to be aired on CW and not NBC so that aleast puts all worries to ease!

I'm also looking forward to see a propose "Blue Beetle" series but not sure about the rest!

The fuck??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Yes. Because having the longest running sci-fi show in North American television history was such a dismal failure, huh?

Idiot.

I never said "Smallville" didn't count nor did I say it didn't pave the wave for future DC related live action shows like this one!

Assclown!!! tongue
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I never said "Smallville" didn't count nor did I say it didn't pave the wave for future DC related live action shows like this one!

You didn't, shit for brains?

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:The news for a "Green Arrow" series which will indeed be titled "Arrow" definitly generate some intrest for me considering Marvel has already been ahead of DC in regards to motion picture films but this could be the start of DC actually catching up and even up the playing field in accomplishing what Marvel seem to be lacking or failing and that is bringing on live action adaptations of their comic characters to the small screen (I'm sensing DC has finally found a ACE in the hole) but with positive results.

Anyone else want to read what this retard said, and then explain to him how fucking stupid he is?

Assclown!!! tongue

I ain't your Mommy.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah, I noticed that same contradictory statement but didn't say anything. Oh well.....
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:11 pm

non_amos wrote:Yeah, I noticed that same contradictory statement but didn't say anything. Oh well.....

Some people never learn.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:07 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Some people never learn.....
English? How to type? Simple logic? How to be something other than an idiot?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:English? How to type? Simple logic? How to be something other than an idiot?

CW's "Arrow" series - Page 2 Polls_all_above_1228_747456.gif_answer_6_xlarge
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am

Another addition to the cast
http://m.deadline.com/2012/02/titus-welliver-to-star-in-nbcs-midnight-sun-cws-arrow-adds-colin-donnell/
New York stage actor Colin Donnell, who made his series debut in an arc on Pan Am this season, has been cast in the CW drama pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow which stars Stephen Amell as the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. Gersh-repped Donnell will play Tommy Merlyn, Oliver’s best friend, a playboy “trustafarian” who assumes the good times will roll again now that Oliver has returned…only to learn Oliver is a changed man.
My guess this tommy merlyn will either end up being arther merlyn son or probbably a new take on the arther meryln villain.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Since this show is actually happening, it gets it's own topic.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:33 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Since this show is actually happening, it gets it's own topic.
Logical enough.

Haven't kept up with your thoughts on this series. You planning to watch?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next