Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Punisher" TV Series On Fox?

3 posters

Go down

'Punisher" TV Series On Fox? Empty 'Punisher" TV Series On Fox?

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm

God I hope not....

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=48619

The Punisher is described as an hour-long procedural with a Marvel signature and a new take on one of comic book giant’s iconic characters, Frank Castle, a rising star detective with the NYC Police Department who moonlights as the vigilante Punisher seeking justice for those the system has failed. Bernero will executive produce along with Marvel. This marks the first sale this season and the first one ever outside of ABC for Disney-owned Marvel, which is developing TV series based on its properties through ABC Studios.

Wow. Just.... wow.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Punisher" TV Series On Fox? Empty Re: 'Punisher" TV Series On Fox?

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:37 am

It's only been recently that I've fallen in love with the Garth Ennis Punisher MAX series... so to go from that to THIS... I mean, damn! Look, not all comic book characters are superheroes with secret identities and all that. Obviously I've got nothing against that formula but it does apply to the Punisher. Period.

Here's hoping this series goes the way of the Wonder Woman show.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:30 am

Just read the news myself. First cool news of punisher show in the works. Wish it wasn't fox though. I rrather see it on cable like fx or amc where they got more to work and get away with. But ya I don't see the point of thhis by day he has regular job and at night is punisher crap. That is more matt murdock thing. So hopefully that plotline gets dropped. Or its only for pilot when frank goes rouge and then identity is learned.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Looks like fox passed on punisher:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=59782
JoshWildingNewsAndReviews Home : News : Videos : Pictures : Polls : Contact

Marvel And Fox No Longer Moving Ahead With THE PUNISHER TV Series

Following the news that AKA Jessica Jones won't be making her way to ABC (read more details on that HERE) it has now been revealed that The Punisher will NOT be joining The Hulk on the small screen too. Read on for details. Josh Wilding - 5/15/2012

The Punisher, Vol. 1 www.amazon.com

While The Hulk may have been given the, ahem, green light, it has now been revealed by The Hollywood Reporter that The Punisher will not be joining him on the small screen. Despite the fact that Fox and ABC Studios were planning on moving ahead with Criminal Minds' Ed Bernero on a pilot, Paul Lee (the president of the latter network) has confirmed that it is not moving ahead. No reason was given, but you can read his comments about working on other Marvel TV shows by clicking HERE. The series was originally described as an hour-long procedural which would have made Frank Castle a rising NYPD detective who moonlights as The Punisher in order to seek justice for those that the system failed. Fans weren't too happy with those changes to continuity and may not be all that broken hearted by the news. Be sure to sound off with your thoughts in the usual place!

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 pm

'Punisher" TV Series On Fox? Who-cares
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down