Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 Empty Re: 'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids

Post  non_amos Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:46 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Interesting...

Really?! And Bane still doesn't have any size on him, not even in this poster! But remember, Nolan knows what he's doing. I mean, who'd buy a souped-up steroid freak anyway? Much more realistic to have a guy with an asthma problem who probably sounds like Darth Vader when he speaks (Luke, I am your father). And who looks like the revived Luthor in the final stages of Smallville. But at least Hardly is probably 'sexy' enough for duh apologists & certainly they'll drink Nolan's Kool-Aid? And I know I've posted this pic twice before but believe me, I don't think it can be emphasized enough!

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 Dick_n12
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 Empty Re: 'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids

Post  webhead2006 Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Its a nice looking poster for the design concept of it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:07 pm

non_amos wrote:Really?! And Bane still doesn't have any size on him, not even in this poster! But remember, Nolan knows what he's doing. I mean, who'd buy a souped-up steroid freak anyway? Much more realistic to have a guy with an asthma problem who probably sounds like Darth Vader when he speaks (Luke, I am your father). And who looks like the revived Luthor in the final stages of Smallville. But at least Hardly is probably 'sexy' enough for duh apologists & certainly they'll drink Nolan's Kool-Aid? And I know I've posted this pic twice before but believe me, I don't think it can be emphasized enough!
For what it represents, no, can't say I dig it too much. I'm resigned that I'll like this installment even less than the previous two. Skipping it probably isn't an option given how much my friends and girlfriend all love seeing comic book movies (even shitty ones).

But apart from that, it's probably the most comic booky poster the franchise has yet produced. The other posters may have been good movie posters but that's all they were. This is a movie poster too, yeah, but it could as easily be a comic book cover. In that respect, I kinda like it. I can't think of too many movie posters that could double as good comic book covers but this one (and it's no reflection on how good the movie will likely end up NOT being) certainly could.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Really? Because I don't see how that is superior to this:

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 409868.1020.A

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:00 pm

As to the poster itself, if "Bane" wasn't a 5'7 lump, it would probably be more impressive.

Probably.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:46 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Really? Because I don't see how that is superior to this:

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 409868.1020.A

That TDK poster, in my opinion, isn't all that good a comic book cover. It doesn't suggest anything about the plot. It's just... there. It works great as a movie poster (which is obviously the main idea) but that's all it does.

That TDKRises poster works as a movie poster but also as a comic book cover in that it suggests at least some of the plot.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:That TDK poster, in my opinion, isn't all that good a comic book cover. It doesn't suggest anything about the plot. It's just... there. It works great as a movie poster (which is obviously the main idea) but that's all it does.

That TDKRises poster works as a movie poster but also as a comic book cover in that it suggests at least some of the plot.

But don't comics have a LOT of covers that have nothing to do with the plot, but just look "cool"?

In fact, that poster looks eerily similar to this:

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 3637_400x600

Now, unless Superman was fighting a giant fire in the shape of his symbol in the book, I don't see the plot points hidden within?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:19 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:But don't comics have a LOT of covers that have nothing to do with the plot, but just look "cool"?
A lot of modern ones do, yeah. And the main reason for that is because comics companies frequently commission generic pin-ups to serve as comic book covers to protect against inevitable delays and scheduling changes. As much as I love The New Avengers, you go back and check out a lot of those covers from vol. 1 and they could just as easily have been generic pin-up/glory shots. Strictly speaking, there's a place for that in comics... but the better, more traditional way has usually been something that teases something about the plot.

In fact, that poster looks eerily similar to this:

'The Dark Knight Rises' Set Pics/Vids - Page 2 3637_400x600

Now, unless Superman was fighting a giant fire in the shape of his symbol in the book, I don't see the plot points hidden within?
Are you saying the radically different Superman uniform isn't a tease for something? Interesting...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:A lot of modern ones do, yeah. And the main reason for that is because comics companies frequently commission generic pin-ups to serve as comic book covers to protect against inevitable delays and scheduling changes. As much as I love The New Avengers, you go back and check out a lot of those covers from vol. 1 and they could just as easily have been generic pin-up/glory shots. Strictly speaking, there's a place for that in comics... but the better, more traditional way has usually been something that teases something about the plot.

Which means that 'Dark Knight' poster COULD be a good comic book cover.

Sweet.

Are you saying the radically different Superman uniform isn't a tease for something? Interesting...

Since the suit really WASN'T a plot point, at all, nope.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:A lot of modern ones do, yeah. And the main reason for that is because comics companies frequently commission generic pin-ups to serve as comic book covers to protect against inevitable delays and scheduling changes. As much as I love The New Avengers, you go back and check out a lot of those covers from vol. 1 and they could just as easily have been generic pin-up/glory shots. Strictly speaking, there's a place for that in comics... but the better, more traditional way has usually been something that teases something about the plot.

Which means that 'Dark Knight' poster COULD be a good comic book cover.

Sweet.
Not "good". "Modern" perhaps. But not "good".

Since the suit really WASN'T a plot point, at all, nope.[/quote]The Suit itself? No. But (and it's been forever since I read it) it relates back to the altered timeline/time travel plot.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:30 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Not "good". "Modern" perhaps. But not "good".

Now we're talking "taste"....

The Suit itself? No. But (and it's been forever since I read it) it relates back to the altered timeline/time travel plot.

No altered timeline's or time travel were responsible for the suit. At least not DIRECTLY.

Superman was returning FROM a time-jaunt I guess, and some purple-haired Lois Lane lookalike alien "hijacked" him into "Kandor", and messed with his head. Now if that cover had HER with him, then it accomplished it's job.

Unfortunately, it didn't.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2