Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More casting for The Dark Knight Rises

4 posters

Go down

More casting for The Dark Knight Rises Empty More casting for The Dark Knight Rises

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:09 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/165115-the-dark-knight-rises-adds-adds-daniel-sunjata

EDIT BY COLORS
---
Pro-Singerman Site wrote:The Dark Knight Rises Adds Daniel Sunjata
by Silas Lesnick
Apr 12th, 2011
UPDATED: Diego Klattenhoff and Burn Gorman also likely for roles

As production on Christopher Nolan's bat-finale, The Dark Knight Rises inches closer and closer, more bits of casting are slipping out. The latest is that of Daniel Sunjata, star of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Rescue Me" who, according to The Tracking Board (via /Film) has just joined the project in an unspecified capacity.

Sunjata has previously appeared on the big screen in films like The Devil Wears Prada and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

The Dark Knight Rises will begin production shortly in Pittsburgh and is set to feature the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman, along with roles for Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Juno Temple and Josh Pence. It is set for release on July 20, 2012.

UPDATE: Variety has added a bit more information, suggesting that Sunjata will play a special forces operative. They also report that two other actors, Diego Klattenhoff and Burn Gorman, are up for supporting roles.

Klattenhoff has appeared in films like Mean Girls and Lucky Number Slevin and is said to have been offered the part of a rookie cop. Burn Gorman is best known to genre fandom as Owen Harper on "Torchwood". His potential role is not specified.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

More casting for The Dark Knight Rises Empty RE: More casting for The Dark Knight Rises

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/165573-nestor-carbonell-joins-the-dark-knight-rises

So we're getting the mayor back who was in TDK? To quote Ric Flair: WHOOOO! WHOOOO!

Now how about some real casting news, especially some that matters.

cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

More casting for The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: More casting for The Dark Knight Rises

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Nice the mayor guy is coming back.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

More casting for The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: More casting for The Dark Knight Rises

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:28 pm

They just SAVED this movie!

More casting for The Dark Knight Rises Tactical_facepalm_Facepalm_collection-s480x352-82174-580
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:04 am

Wonder if they'll remember his eyeliner...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

More casting for The Dark Knight Rises Empty RE: More casting for The Dark Knight Rises

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:22 am

I wonder when they're also going to announce the return of Anthony Michael Hall to his cameo reporter role? Actually I liked the way his part was handled in that film & as I recall, he didn't die. I believe he was on one of the boats that pseudo-Joker intended to blow up but didn't happen.

But ya know what? Remember how Heath-Joker 'interrupted a news broadcast' to announce his 'plans'? Well, I seem to recall that being handled so much better in the 1989 Burton film when Jack-Joker 'interrupted a news broadcast' to announce, "Joker here." And then proceeded to 'shove' everyone else right out of the TV screen! Oh, & it was so much more humorous too. Good times huh?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:29 am

non_amos wrote:I wonder when they're also going to announce the return of Anthony Michael Hall to his cameo reporter role? Actually I liked the way his part was handled in that film & as I recall, he didn't die. I believe he was on one of the boats that pseudo-Joker intended to blow up but didn't happen.

Actually, the last time we see him is when he does his upside-down "news cast" for the Joker....

But ya know what? Remember how Heath-Joker 'interrupted a news broadcast' to announce his 'plans'? Well, I seem to recall that being handled so much better in the 1989 Burton film when Jack-Joker 'interrupted a news broadcast' to announce, "Joker here." And then proceeded to 'shove' everyone else right out of the TV screen! Oh, & it was so much more humorous too. Good times huh?

True, but Ledger-Joker only called in on the phone. But it IS similar.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:33 am

I will say though, that Nicholson-Joker crashing the museum is MUCH more entertaining than Ledger-Joker crashing Dent's fundraiser...

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:40 am

non_amos wrote:But ya know what? Remember how Heath-Joker 'interrupted a news broadcast' to announce his 'plans'? Well, I seem to recall that being handled so much better in the 1989 Burton film when Jack-Joker 'interrupted a news broadcast' to announce, "Joker here." And then proceeded to 'shove' everyone else right out of the TV screen! Oh, & it was so much more humorous too. Good times huh?
What I liked about the B89 thing was the Joker taking advantage of the available media. That's what he did in Batman #1, when radio broadcasts were cutting edge. When B89 came out, TV broadcasts were the business so that's what he co-opted. (A) Broadcasting his image suits his vanity anyway and (B) it's adapting the story to the present time.

As you say, it just worked better.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 21, 2011 11:08 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167351-two-more-join-the-dark-knight-rises

Three More Join The Dark Knight Rises
by Silas Lesnick
May 20th, 2011

With production already underway on the Christopher Nolan bat-finale, The Dark Knight Rises has added two more to its cast. Variety reports that Matthew Modine, Tom Conti and Joey King have both signed on in undisclosed roles.

Best known for his breakout role in 1987's Full Metal Jacket, Modine will soon appear in Curtis Hanson's HBO movie Too Big To Fail, premiering next Monday. Conti, meanwhile, played the title character in Nagisa Ôshima's Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence and appeared last year in Julie Taymor's rendition of The Tempest. King, now eleven years old, played Ramona Quimby in Fox's Ramona and Beezus.

The Dark Knight Rises is now in-production internationally and features the the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Nestor Carbonell, along with roles for Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Josh Pence and Daniel Sunjata. It is set for release on July 20, 2012.

*YAWN*

There's also some pics there of those 3 actors, one of which is a little girl. Like I said:

*YAWN* Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Nice find there, but ya probably are not any sigificant roles for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue May 24, 2011 1:02 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167369-two-more-for-the-dark-knight-rises

Two More for The Dark Knight Rises
by Silas Lesnick
May 24th, 2011

Two more have been added to the cast of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. Variety reports that Brett Cullen and Chris Ellis have signed on for the film as a judge and a priest, respectively.

Cullen is best known for appearances in films like Apollo 13 and, in a very different comic book universe, Ghost Rider, where he played Barton Blaze, father to Nicolas Cage's Johnny Blaze.

Ellis, meanwhile, is also known for a part in Apollo 13 and other character roles in films like Transformers, Armageddon and Catch Me If You Can.

The Dark Knight Rises is now in production internationally and features the return of Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Nestor Carbonell, along with roles for Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata, Matthew Modine, Tom Conti, Joey King, Alon Aboutboul, Burn Gorman and Diego Klattenhoff.. It is set for release on July 20, 2012.

Tried to upload the pic here & it still ain't taking! Maybe someday. Anyway, this looks to be a 'stellar' cast! Like I said before:

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 pm

some nice credits those guys have. Wonder what roles they will be, probably will be bit parts like board members or something like that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue May 24, 2011 1:03 pm

webhead2006 wrote:some nice credits those guys have. Wonder what roles they will be, probably will be bit parts like board members or something like that.

They'll probably be more 'mafia mafiosos'. Or something like that. 3 guesses & the 1st 2 don't count!
Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Propably so non
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down