Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Empty Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/03/02/the-dark-knight-rises-but-against-whom-major-spoilers
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, But Against Whom? Major Spoilers

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Darkknightfeat-568x240
I just talked to a good source near the Batcamp and have come away with information about The Dark Knight Rises that confirms lots of speculation from recent months. This is, technically, all spoilers. I feel pretty confident that this info is good, but know that Christopher Nolan has gotten very, very skilled at manipulating us nerds and isn’t above throwing out some misinformation from time to time.

Here goes nothing:

As she herself confirmed, Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman in the movie. I can’t tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn’t a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out?

The League of Shadows.

Headed by Talia Al’Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest. And with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in tow. Is he playing Black Mask? My source didn’t know, but did know that Levitt is certainly an antagonist and involved with the League of Shadows.

I trust this source quite a bit, but again remember that there are rumors being fed out by the Batcamp that are purposefully untrue. And that there are people within the camp who have partial information – including my source here, who only knows some things and can only guess at others.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Empty Re: Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Some cool stuff. Can't wait to see where things do turn for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Empty RE: Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers

Post  non_amos Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:40 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128320-gary-oldman-updates-on-the-dark-knight-rises

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/629466/gary-oldman-talks-about-the-final-batman-film.jhtml#id=1659417

Here's a quote:

When questioned about the statements that Christopher Nolan has made in the past regarding the third film being the likely end of the modern Batman franchise as we know it, Oldman reaffirmed that Rises will tie up the series as a trilogy.

"The scope and also the way he brings it back to 'Batman Begins,'" says the actor when asked to described the film's climatic tone, "and really what Bruce Wayne discovers about himself. What he learns about himself at the end of this one."

So the point is, according to Nolan, it's the END of the modern Batman franchise as we know it? So what then? Is Nolan gonna KILL Batman?! Or permanently cripple him at the hands of 'Bane'?! Oh, not long ago, one of the links on SHH had Tom Hardy talking about 'adding 35 lbs. of muscle mass' for his role as Bane, which will bring him up to..........200 friggin' lbs.! And he's not even 6' tall either?! Some Bane THIS is gonna be! Just remember, the other day when we were discussing those links about Singerman, there was also the one about Nolan being 'the Killing Joke of the DCU'.

Man, that guy wasn't kidding, was he?! Crying or Very sad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Empty Re: Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Hype wrote:"climatic"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128320-gary-oldman-updates-on-the-dark-knight-rises
Maybe I'm being an English Nazi here but unless the subject at hand is a concern of Al Gore's, "climatic" is probably not the right word to use. I swear to fuck...

And these numbskulls probably consider themselves "journalists" (not that they're much better).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Empty RE: Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers

Post  non_amos Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 pm

Certainly they meant 'climactic'? Anyway, as big as a 'cash cow' the Batman film franchise is for WB, certainly the 'Brothers' WON'T allow Batman to be killed off?! I mean, after Nolan, why not continue making Batman films?! And make it a part of the DCU for crying out loud!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 pm

non_amos wrote:Certainly they meant 'climactic'? Anyway, as big as a 'cash cow' the Batman film franchise is for WB, certainly the 'Brothers' WON'T allow Batman to be killed off?! I mean, after Nolan, why not continue making Batman films?! And make it a part of the DCU for crying out loud!

Nolan's Batman films will come to an end, but expect PLENTY of big-name directors to be lined-up, waiting to take over with a whole new approach.

Look at what it did for Nolan.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:48 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:Certainly they meant 'climactic'? Anyway, as big as a 'cash cow' the Batman film franchise is for WB, certainly the 'Brothers' WON'T allow Batman to be killed off?! I mean, after Nolan, why not continue making Batman films?! And make it a part of the DCU for crying out loud!

Nolan's Batman films will come to an end, but expect PLENTY of big-name directors to be lined-up, waiting to take over with a whole new approach.

Look at what it did for Nolan.
But would they be willing to carry on the continuity he set up? I see it as a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you don't want to mess with what's perceived as a winning formula set up by Nolan.

On the other hand, you could argue that a lot of the most visionary directors will want to handle the property THEIR way and not be bound by what Nolan has done. But the Nolanverse is really too new and too popular to reboot.

And this is not to speak of WB's presumed interest in putting the DC characters into a shared universe.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 am

thecolorsblend wrote:But would they be willing to carry on the continuity he set up? I see it as a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you don't want to mess with what's perceived as a winning formula set up by Nolan.

On the other hand, you could argue that a lot of the most visionary directors will want to handle the property THEIR way and not be bound by what Nolan has done. But the Nolanverse is really too new and too popular to reboot.

And this is not to speak of WB's presumed interest in putting the DC characters into a shared universe.

I think it depends on how the 'Spider-Man' reboot does. If it's a hit, WB will be less afraid to go in a new direction.

If it flops, expect them to want any new films to at least look similar to what Nolan has done.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:47 am

I don't see much of issue if nolan tale has a closure in bruce as batman. Its his take so I am curious to see how he decides to end his story. As for future batman movies. Of course there will be more down the orad. For me personally I think it would be best to let batman rest for a few yrs. Let flash/gl/etc.... character have time to shine. Then hire a new director who will have some different tale of batman to tell. Being its just a new series of films and they do what ever they want.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:49 am

webhead2006 wrote:I don't see much of issue if nolan tale has a closure in bruce as batman. Its his take so I am curious to see how he decides to end his story. As for future batman movies. Of course there will be more down the orad. For me personally I think it would be best to let batman rest for a few yrs. Let flash/gl/etc.... character have time to shine. Then hire a new director who will have some different tale of batman to tell. Being its just a new series of films and they do what ever they want.
... except that they need to do SOMEthing with Batman vis a vis the JLA franchise they presumably want to make before my non-existent children have grandchildren. So "giving him a rest" probably isn't an option, is it?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:32 pm

probably not i just was saying if they give the character a little break between end of nolan's and the next possible take/director on board would be nice. So it can give them time to work on other characters that should be given the spotlight for a bit. But ya who knows what the bros warner will decide on.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 pm

webhead2006 wrote:For me personally I think it would be best to let batman rest for a few yrs. Let flash/gl/etc.... character have time to shine. Then hire a new director who will have some different tale of batman to tell. Being its just a new series of films and they do what ever they want.

Um, you do know that movies are a business, right? That they are in it SOLELY for the purpose of making money? Why would they let a proven "cash cow" rest for a few years? Can you give a good reason?

There WILL be more Batman films, and they will be not too long after 'The Dark Knight Rises' has come and gone.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Empty RE: Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' spoilers

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Hmmmmmm?!:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128556-aaron-eckhart-returning-as-two-face-after-all

"It's fun to speculate, isn't it? The only evidence we really have is that Aaron Eckhart has met several times with director Christopher Nolan, but he never said those meetings were for The Dark Knight Rises. Now comes this interview segment from CBS in which he's asked directly if we'll ever see Harvey Dent again, be it "in a flash back or someone's imagination." Eckhart responds with a smile and says, "I could not possibly say."

The plot thickens, eh? So then we won't be seeing HARVEY DENT again?! A play on semantics or what?! Maybe a hint at a full-fledged TWO-FACE?! Actually, with the 'hulking' 5'9", 200 lb. BANE, I think Two-Face would be more than welcome just to salvage the VILLAINS! Twisted Evil
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:29 pm

What I took from that interview is that Eckhart is annoyed as piss about being asked that everywhere he goes when his character died onscreen.

But there's no accounting for interpretation, I suppose...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:44 pm

I don't see it happening.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Would be interesting to see him return. But ya I with ap probably not happening.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Empty RE: Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' spoilers

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:55 am

thecolorsblend wrote:What I took from that interview is that Eckhart is annoyed as piss about being asked that everywhere he goes when his character died onscreen.

But there's no accounting for interpretation, I suppose...

Sure, he supposedly died onscreen. As far as we know. But remember, we're talking about a movie here, & a superhero film at that. We know that in the comics they kill characters only to later bring them back, Superman being proof. On SUPERNATURAL both Dean & Sam have 'died' several times. As a matter of fact, on one episode, Dean told the hunters killing them to 'get on with it because when he came back..... You get the point. So who's to say that TWO-FACE is really dead? I guess that's up to Nolan, & considering that we're talking about Nolan & his 'ultra-realism', maybe he is dead. But it also seems like such a waste considering that Dent didn't become Two-Face until the end of TDK. I know Nolan intended to bring back Heath Ledger as the Joker, at least originally, but then he wouldn't even consider the Joker because of Ledger's death, not even by recasting.

Whether or not Two-Face is back, he probably needs to be considering how the actual villain roster is shaping up.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:36 pm

non_amos wrote:Sure, he supposedly died onscreen. As far as we know. But remember, we're talking about a movie here, & a superhero film at that. We know that in the comics they kill characters only to later bring them back, Superman being proof. On SUPERNATURAL both Dean & Sam have 'died' several times. As a matter of fact, on one episode, Dean told the hunters killing them to 'get on with it because when he came back..... You get the point. So who's to say that TWO-FACE is really dead? I guess that's up to Nolan, & considering that we're talking about Nolan & his 'ultra-realism', maybe he is dead. But it also seems like such a waste considering that Dent didn't become Two-Face until the end of TDK. I know Nolan intended to bring back Heath Ledger as the Joker, at least originally, but then he wouldn't even consider the Joker because of Ledger's death, not even by recasting.

Whether or not Two-Face is back, he probably needs to be considering how the actual villain roster is shaping up.

I disagree that Two-Face "needs" to be in 'The Dark Knight Rises'. If, and I mean IF, he shows up in the third film, expect it to be in a flashback only.

I have a feeling that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be Edward Nigma.

The Riddler.
Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-The-Riddler
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 pm

I would definately like that. But didn't nolan ages ago say he wasn't going to use riddler or freeze for examples. But even though saying it plans could change/ have change of heart, as we see it happen with directors/films some times lol. I definately thought riddler would have been right up nolans alley.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I disagree that Two-Face "needs" to be in 'The Dark Knight Rises'. If, and I mean IF, he shows up in the third film, expect it to be in a flashback only.
I think even that's probably a bad idea but I guess I could live with it.

I have a feeling that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be Edward Nigma.

The Riddler.
Possible 'Dark Knight Rises' Spoilers Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-The-Riddler
This hadn't really occurred to me (don't know why, obvious, really) but he's got the look. This would be a good opportunity to put the Frank Gorshin version out to pasture. Of course, between Bane, Catwoman and (allegedly) Talia, one wonders how many more villains TDKRises could realistically (heh heh) accommodate.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I think even that's probably a bad idea but I guess I could live with it.

Which is why I stressed if.

I don't see it happening.

This hadn't really occurred to me (don't know why, obvious, really) but he's got the look. This would be a good opportunity to put the Frank Gorshin version out to pasture. Of course, between Bane, Catwoman and (allegedly) Talia, one wonders how many more villains TDKRises could realistically (heh heh) accommodate.

From what has been said, Catwoman ISN'T a villain in the film. She is "inspired" by Batman, and is actually more of an "anti-hero". Gary Oldman has said they were using a villain who "goes way back in Batman's history", and it's not the Joker. Hugo Strange has been ruled out too.

I'm sticking with a "Se7en" inspired Riddler for JGL.

*Addendum* Here's MY link: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=31539

"I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics. It is a Batman villian... It's not going to be the Joker."

"If I told you who the villain was, they'd kill me."

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I would definately like that. But didn't nolan ages ago say he wasn't going to use riddler or freeze for examples. But even though saying it plans could change/ have change of heart, as we see it happen with directors/films some times lol. I definately thought riddler would have been right up nolans alley.

Link or it didn't happen.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:45 pm

A female Robin? O-kay.....

It's based on the same article that confirmed JGL for the film, so consider this an "uneducated guess" for the time being:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48932

Variety: Joseph Gordon Levitt Is Not Playing Deadshot, The Riddler Or Hugo Strange In DARK KNIGHT RISES!! Also, Are We Getting A Female Robin??
Published on: Mar 20, 2011 1:38:02 PM CDT

I am Hercules!!

Joseph Gordon Levitt (“Inception”) will in “The Dark Knight Rises” play Alberto Falcone, son of the Tom Wilkinson character from “Batman Begins,” according to Variety.

The new movie seems like it might be more a sequel to “Begins” than “The Dark Knight” was, as it's also rumored to sport the daughter of Ra’s Al Ghul.

In the comics, Alberto Falcone is a broody Harvard- and Oxford-educated mobster’s son suspected of being the serial murderer dubbed The Holiday Killer.

The same story in Variety suggests 21-year-old British actress Juno Temple (“Year One,” “Greenberg”) is being sought to play a “street-smart Gotham girl.” When we last saw Barbara “Batgirl” Gordon she was still pretty tiny, so my suspicion is they might be casting something akin to a female Robin.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 pm

She might actually be "Holly Robinson".

Maybe?

http://www.comicvine.com/holly-robinson/29-3729/

As a child, Holly ran away from an abusive home, ending up on the streets with no where else to go. She did whatever she could to survive, and began working as a prostitute. Holly was around 13 years old when she first met Selina Kyle, who saved her from being hustled by a police officer. Selina took Holly under her wing and the two lived together in an apartment in the East End.

Makes more sense than a "Female Robin", don't you think?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Ha I just saw the silly rumor if we where not getting dick or any other male robins I doubt we get the female one. That robinson character from description sounds a more likely option.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next