Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'X-Men First Class' Possible Cameo Spoiler

4 posters

Go down

'X-Men First Class' Possible Cameo Spoiler Empty 'X-Men First Class' Possible Cameo Spoiler

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Grain O' Salt:

WeMakeALotOFShitUp.Com

Surprise X-Men: First Class Character Cameo Revealed!

Sunday Mirror Celebrity and Entertainment columnist Dean Piper has shared his thoughts on X-Men: First Class via his Twitter account, seemingly revealing the surprise cameo in the process...

WARNING: MAJOR X-MEN: FIRST CLASS SPOILERS AHEAD
Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'X-Men First Class' Possible Cameo Spoiler Empty Re: 'X-Men First Class' Possible Cameo Spoiler

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 25, 2011 12:14 am

I was wondering about this earlier today, actually. I thought it might be kind of clever and totally possible (given the established timeline) for
Spoiler:
Hope this pans out.

Mind you, it's a crime that Stan Lee doesn't have a cameo appearance.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

'X-Men First Class' Possible Cameo Spoiler Empty Re: 'X-Men First Class' Possible Cameo Spoiler

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 25, 2011 12:17 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I was wondering about this earlier today, actually. I thought it might be kind of clever and totally possible (given the established timeline) for
Spoiler:
Hope this pans out.

Mind you, it's a crime that Stan Lee doesn't have a cameo appearance.

Sorry colors, had to add a spoiler tag to your response, just in case.

But this was actually mentioned before, and the director as well as BS gave a "Oh, no that's NOT what ____ was doing on the set".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 am

You know, I have been meaning to post this in one of these threads, and this one seems good enough.

Ever since I heard about this movie being made, and seen what has come out so far, I have been very "Not Interested" about it. I couldn't really put my finger on it until recently as to why exactly. Why?

Bryan Singer & Singerman Peeps.

This is based in Singer's X-Men "universe", and his raping of a treasured childhood film and character have changed how I view his work. I just don't feel an inclination to ever seek-out his work anymore. I really dug "Usual Suspects'. I enjoyed 'X-Men'. I thought 'X2' was superior to the first in every way, even with the heavy-handed homosexual allegories. But once he slapped us all across the face with Singerman Peeps, that ALL changed.

If I NEVER see another Singer film, I'll be ok with it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 25, 2011 10:28 am

i was just reading the news myself. And ya i also remember the director saying it wasnt true. But oh well another case of a director bs the fans for what ever. I do wonder how the cameo plays out. Since they shouldnt have met yet for about another 20-30yrs.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 am

webhead2006 wrote:i was just reading the news myself. And ya i also remember the director saying it wasnt true. But oh well another case of a director bs the fans for what ever. I do wonder how the cameo plays out. Since they shouldnt have met yet for about another 20-30yrs.

Yeah, personally, with all the reboots going on these days, even with Spiderman, I think that the X-Men properties also ought to be rebooted. Yeah, yeah, I know, Hugh Jackman is immensely popular as Wolverine so how could they really reboot? I don't have the answer to that. Maybe Singer could do a 'vague sequel'. He's already familiar with that anyway. Wink

But yeah, what I'd have preferred is that MARVEL STUDIOS had gotten back full rights & then incorporate a reboot into their ongoing film series as part of that universe. It's a shame that X-Men, Fantastic 4, etc., have to be 'outsiders'. But it is what it is. Nevertheless FOX still should've rebooted because I'll tell you the truth, is it really a good idea to stick this new film in 1962?! Let me guess. Singer did this because the comics came out in the '60's?! Brilliant! But it's 2011 now, so he severely 'dates' the franchise. That's part of my concern.

Sometimes it's best to just 'reboot' to the present day? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 25, 2011 12:30 pm

oh totally i too wish spidey and xmen where back at marvel. heck first class could have easily been made there as a true reboot, and same with amazing spider-man. who knows if or when. dd or ff probably be back at marvel before spidey and xmen.

Also here is what the cameo is:
from Bleeding cool
Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:You know, I have been meaning to post this in one of these threads, and this one seems good enough.

Ever since I heard about this movie being made, and seen what has come out so far, I have been very "Not Interested" about it. I couldn't really put my finger on it until recently as to why exactly. Why?
What did it for me was I heard there'd be some sort of love story between Prof. X and Magneto... uh, oops, Charles and Erik. Although I'm starting to wonder if that was a joke that I took too seriously, yeah, it bugged me.

Bryan Singer & Singerman Peeps.
Bingo.

This is based in Singer's X-Men "universe", and his raping of a treasured childhood film and character have changed how I view his work. I just don't feel an inclination to ever seek-out his work anymore. I really dug "Usual Suspects'. I enjoyed 'X-Men'. I thought 'X2' was superior to the first in every way, even with the heavy-handed homosexual allegories. But once he slapped us all across the face with Singerman Peeps, that ALL changed.

If I NEVER see another Singer film, I'll be ok with it.
I think I'm kind of in the same boat. However, I was never crazy about the 1st X-Men (talk about overrated) and Valkyrie sucked out loud mostly. Never saw Apt Pupil. So from what I remember, all that leaves on the table is The Usual Suspects and X2.

X2 is quality, sure, but the action sequences are really nothing to write home about and, for a comics movie, there really aren't enough of them (gee, does that part sound familiar?).

As for TUS, it's basically a shlocky crime movie with shlocky dialogue. The only things that really redeem it are (1) the AWESOME twist ending and (2) the cast. Yeah, Singer did the casting and, yeah, he did a good job with it but ultimately I credit the cast and the writer dude more with the movie's coolness (what there is of it) than I do Singer. Plus, a major part of any film is the music, and TUS's score is pretty derivative JFK's awesome score.

So on balance, the only movie Singer's ever made that I dig is X2. Say whatever you want about Brett Ratner but I've never walked out of one of his movies and said "man, that was complete dogshit, I want my money back". But Singer? It happened with Valkyrie (I got dragged to see it) and the rest of his resume is either mediocre or else beholden to forces other than him.

What gives me hope about First Class is that he's not the director. Not that it matters, I'll probably get dragged to see that too by my friends. Oy...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:What did it for me was I heard there'd be some sort of love story between Prof. X and Magneto... uh, oops, Charles and Erik. Although I'm starting to wonder if that was a joke that I took too seriously, yeah, it bugged me.

They meant in a "bromance" kind of way, but it was STILL a lame thing to give voice to.

I think I'm kind of in the same boat. However, I was never crazy about the 1st X-Men (talk about overrated) and Valkyrie sucked out loud mostly. Never saw Apt Pupil. So from what I remember, all that leaves on the table is The Usual Suspects and X2.

I've seen 'Apt Pupil', and I must say that the short story is infinitely better than Singers film.

Then there was the whole lawsuit by that underage boy.

X2 is quality, sure, but the action sequences are really nothing to write home about and, for a comics movie, there really aren't enough of them (gee, does that part sound familiar?).

Rumor is that Singer didn't even shoot the action sequences for X2....

As for TUS, it's basically a shlocky crime movie with shlocky dialogue. The only things that really redeem it are (1) the AWESOME twist ending and (2) the cast. Yeah, Singer did the casting and, yeah, he did a good job with it but ultimately I credit the cast and the writer dude more with the movie's coolness (what there is of it) than I do Singer. Plus, a major part of any film is the music, and TUS's score is pretty derivative JFK's awesome score.

It worked for what it was.

So on balance, the only movie Singer's ever made that I dig is X2. Say whatever you want about Brett Ratner but I've never walked out of one of his movies and said "man, that was complete dogshit, I want my money back". But Singer? It happened with Valkyrie (I got dragged to see it) and the rest of his resume is either mediocre or else beholden to forces other than him.

You couldn't have dragged me to see 'Valkyrie' with a team of Clydesdale's.

What gives me hope about First Class is that he's not the director. Not that it matters, I'll probably get dragged to see that too by my friends. Oy...

I MIGHT go see it, just for the fact that Singer didn't direct it. But I certainly won't make an effort on my own to.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down