Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Claims To Know Reboot Plot

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Site Claims To Know Reboot Plot Empty Site Claims To Know Reboot Plot

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 pm

And I say it's bullshit. YOU decide:

http://www.movienewz.com/superman-reboot-plot-details-revealed/

Superman Reboot Plot Details Revealed?
April 3, 2011 by John Villoch
Filed under Movie News

Exclusive Superman Reboot Plot Details! Find out who the Man of Steel will be battling in the new Superman movie. A lot of plot rumors have been flying (no pun intended) around director Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel. Warner Bros. recently announced that Amy Adams will star in the coveted role of Lois Lane opposite Henry Cavill, who plays the new Clark Kent/Superman in the film. She joins Diane Lane and Kevin Costner, as Martha and Jonathan Kent. So far the studio hasn’t announced the antagonist(s). Every character from Superman’s rouge gallery, including a revamped Lex Luthor to ‘Superman II’ Kryptonian criminals General Zod and Ursa, have been rumored to be the next villains. Our source has provided us with new details that reveal Superman’s next opponent will be both human and superhuman.
Here’s what I’ve been told:
Spoiler:

Here’s a brief synopsis:
In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Diane Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

If I'm not mistaken, the "spoiler" story sounds EXACTLY like one of the issues of what colors calls "Sucky Origins". To a T.

Like I said, I call bullshit. But time will tell....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Site Claims To Know Reboot Plot Empty RE: Site Claims to Know Reboot Plot

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:26 pm

AP, you beat me to the punch! I just saw that in the last few minutes & was about to post before I go to work. Glad I checked here first. Anyway, I was gonna ask you if it was 'BS' or not.

On one hand, it makes sense in a way. In a REAL world, would the masses just accept an alien so 'whole-heartedly' like they did in the 1st Reeve film? Probably not. However, OTOH, this sounds like something that 'Steve' would've contrived also, so I have some doubts myself.

Another reason to have doubts about this plot? One word: NOLAN!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Site Claims To Know Reboot Plot Empty Re: Site Claims To Know Reboot Plot

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:33 pm

non_amos wrote:AP, you beat me to the punch! I just saw that in the last few minutes & was about to post before I go to work. Glad I checked here first. Anyway, I was gonna ask you if it was 'BS' or not.

On one hand, it makes sense in a way. In a REAL world, would the masses just accept an alien so 'whole-heartedly' like they did in the 1st Reeve film? Probably not. However, OTOH, this sounds like something that 'Steve' would've contrived also, so I have some doubts myself.

Another reason to have doubts about this plot? One word: NOLAN!

Exactly, non. It doesn't fit into ANY type of story that Nolan would think was "awesome".

And for those who would like to know why I am positive this is bullshit, here's the synopsis for the part of "Sucky Origins" I was referring to:

Spoiler:

This site just either pieced together their own bullshit in order to drive-up hits, or someone is screwing with them.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Site Claims To Know Reboot Plot Empty RE: Site Claims to Know Reboot Plot

Post  non_amos Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 am

Wow! With that plot synopsis, I know one thing we wouldn't be getting: the interview. Like in the 1st Reeve film, we have 'First Night' as it's called, followed by the interview with Lois. Superman reveals to her then & there he's 'from Krypton', with a K-R-Y. Then he takes her on that monumental 'Can You read My Mind?' flight.

Since this is a reboot I don't expect a carbon copy of the 1st Reeve film but you will have to admit, those scenes do have 'magic' to them, so to speak. I'd expect this reboot to also have its' own magic in some way or another, & Superman's relationship with Lois would possibly be one of those instances.

That description of 'Sucky Origins' doesn't sound like it has much 'magic' going for it. Ditto to that supposed 'plot leak'. And I personally expect this new film to have it's own 'magic' to it. In some way. The 1st film 'made you believe that a man can fly'. This reboot needs to do likewise but even more so. And although maybe you can see the logic in that supposed 'plot', it could also leave you cold as far as having a Superman that you can really care about. Remember people, this ain't Batman!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:20 pm

I just read this news a few mins ago. The description for film sounds like the typical bio. And the plot stuff sounds interesting with general lane(who I like to see in series). And metallo would be a nice change. But ya probably is bs.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Not that there's a snowball's chance in hell of this happening but if Snyder's Superman adapted Sucky Origin including the Legion of Super-Heroes angle, I'd be willing to forgive a lot.

Of course, that'll never happen because the LOSH is something I sincerely doubt Nolan and Goyer have the faculties to understand, I'm just saying I could maybe live with a Sucky Origin story if it included the romp with the Legion.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 pm

I rather see a legion film. But that isn't going to happen any time soon Sad
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:43 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I rather see a legion film. But that isn't going to happen any time soon Sad
I feel your pain.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Not that there's a snowball's chance in hell of this happening but if Snyder's Superman adapted Sucky Origin including the Legion of Super-Heroes angle, I'd be willing to forgive a lot.

Of course, that'll never happen because the LOSH is something I sincerely doubt Nolan and Goyer have the faculties to understand, I'm just saying I could maybe live with a Sucky Origin story if it included the romp with the Legion.

Like I said, this "leak" is bullshit. But IF it's true, it's strike one for me as far as the Reboot goes.

Doesn't this story remind you guys of 'The Incredible Hulk' movie?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Like I said, this "leak" is bullshit. But IF it's true, it's strike one for me as far as the Reboot goes.

Doesn't this story remind you guys of 'The Incredible Hulk' movie?
That's the entire basis of my gripe against Sucky Origin as a comic book. It's a Hulk story. You've got Lois as Betty, Superman as the Hulk, Sam as Thunderbolt Ross, etc. It's a shit comic and if you adapt it, you've got a shit movie. Yes! It's ABSOLUTELY an Incredible Hulk ripoff!

As you say, the "scoop" is most likely bullshit though. I can't imagine the plot leaking NOW. Three months ago or six months from now, yeah, but right now? I just can't picture that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:30 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:That's the entire basis of my gripe against Sucky Origin as a comic book. It's a Hulk story. You've got Lois as Betty, Superman as the Hulk, Sam as Thunderbolt Ross, etc. It's a shit comic and if you adapt it, you've got a shit movie. Yes! It's ABSOLUTELY an Incredible Hulk ripoff!

As you say, the "scoop" is most likely bullshit though. I can't imagine the plot leaking NOW. Three months ago or six months from now, yeah, but right now? I just can't picture that.

Want to know the sad part? Internet websites don't have to, and rarely DO, post "retractions".

If this were a LEGITIMATE site, they would definitely do so, or admit in their original story that they were skeptical, and will attempt to verify. But these other sites do this shit to up their "hits", and could care less what people think about them when it's determined that they LIED. So they latch onto something important, but not TOO important that it garners mainstream attention. Who cares if they fuck with some comic book "fanboys"?

Internet "journalism" at it's finest.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:That's the entire basis of my gripe against Sucky Origin as a comic book. It's a Hulk story. You've got Lois as Betty, Superman as the Hulk, Sam as Thunderbolt Ross, etc. It's a shit comic and if you adapt it, you've got a shit movie. Yes! It's ABSOLUTELY an Incredible Hulk ripoff!

Want to know the sad part? Internet websites don't have to, and rarely DO, post "retractions".

If this were a LEGITIMATE site, they would definitely do so, or admit in their original story that they were skeptical, and will attempt to verify. But these other sites do this shit to up their "hits", and could care less what people think about them when it's determined that they LIED. So they latch onto something important, but not TOO important that it garners mainstream attention. Who cares if they fuck with some comic book "fanboys"?

Internet "journalism" at it's finest.
That post. That one right up there. That post is damned near 'A' to 'Z' of why a lot of movie studios will NEVER respect "fan pages" like the Younis page and others. Or, worse, will co-opt them for their own purposes (Batman On Film, Blue Tights, Krypton Site, you name it).

Do the "fan journalists" pay their sources for info? That's what traditional, reputable media outlets do.

If they are "journalists", is it "unfair" for the studios to sic the lawyers on them for posting something WAY out of bounds (ie, theforce.net posting Episode II storyboards two years before the film's release)? That's what would happen if traditional media outlets crossed a line.

"Online journalists" want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to call themselves journalists without adhering to any relevant part of journalism as a school of writing, journalism as a set of ethics or journalism as media. Sorry chuckles, but it doesn't work that way. You want to call yourself a journalist? THEN ACT LIKE A JOURNALIST.

Keep in mind, I'm not taking about the aforementioned pages like Batman On Film, where someone VERY well-placed actually leaks all the info. The only way a lot of movie studios can keep the Internet in check is by befriending the high profile sites and leaking minor information to them in exchange for perks so that when that site inevitably finds out about MAJOR stuff, they won't post it. It's the lesser evil but it's the only option a lot of movie studios have. The other one would be dragging every single "fan page" into court and NOBODY wants THAT kind of ink.

And don't get me wrong, Jett from Batman On Film is as full of shit as anybody and more so than most (I'd put him up against Steve Younis any day of the week as far as being a completely spineless shill is concerned); all I'm saying is that Jett is on Nolan's leash and he KNOWS it. Much different from the bullshit pages which started this thread.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:57 am

You forgot to add Harry "Jabba" Knowles to that list. He is so BLATANT in his ASKING for things from the studios that he calls them "pwesents". He then turns around and, like you said, says "Well, I'm not a REAL journalist, so it's ok!".

The fucking internets, I swear to God....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:09 am

No argument, dude. The guy might've started off as a "watch dog" or "spoiler page" but it long since has been all about him, his ego and his handouts.

Dude is CONNECTED. He started his page at the right time, got the right kind of attention, etc. Luck. But he is connected and could blow pretty much any spoiler about pretty much any movie at pretty much any time. But he doesn't. The fact that your term "Ain't It Old News" is so befitting should tell you everything you need to know about who his TRUE master is (it ain't even movie studios anymore, it's his own fucking greed; and I've seen jackshit to convince me he's not outright PAID for positive reviews, nevermind all the shwag he gets).

Whatever, the guy's found a great scam and he's running it into the ground. More power to him but his page hasn't mattered since, what, 2005? Even before then??
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:18 am

Here's a good read for you, colors:

http://www.filmthreat.com/features/159/
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 am

Fuckin a, dude took the words right out of my mouth 11 years ago! I was close to ranting about the importance of independence any type of journalism but I figured nobody cares about that but me. But this guy summarized better than I would've anyway. Shit, he really said it all.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:05 pm

He did indeed. But people still flock to his way-past-it's-prime site. So he'll continue to get his "pwesents", and will still get to DUPE people with his bought & paid for "reviews".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:09 pm

I only just made the connection but Knowles is everything Steve Younis WISHES he could be.

Which is a pretty fucking low standard to set for oneself. But what do I know?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I only just made the connection but Knowles is everything Steve Younis WISHES he could be.

Which is a pretty fucking low standard to set for oneself. But what do I know?

You know piece of shit sell out's when you see them.

That's something.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:40 am

Here's something to think about when "considering" this bullshit story:

How in the fuck can METALLO threaten THE PLANET?

Superman? Sure.

Metropolis? I can see it.

Planet Earth? You gotta be f'in KIDDING me.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:15 am

There was a version of Metallo from the 90's era that could probably threaten the planet. He had the ability to "grow" himself, graft other electrical components on, etc. Never liked that version (mostly because it was freaking stupid) and I hope like hell that NEVER comes to live action.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 am

Well maybe we don't need the antagonist (Whoever it maybe) to threaten the planet aleast not in the first installment, for now it's just the city that the antagonist needs to threaten and just save the planet threatening for future sequels or a possible "Justice League" film.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well maybe we don't need the antagonist (Whoever it maybe) to threaten the planet aleast not in the first installment, for now it's just the city that the antagonist needs to threaten and just save the planet threatening for future sequels or a possible "Justice League" film.

Who said anything about "need"?

Reading comprehension isn't YOUR friend, is it?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:11 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:There was a version of Metallo from the 90's era that could probably threaten the planet. He had the ability to "grow" himself, graft other electrical components on, etc. Never liked that version (mostly because it was freaking stupid) and I hope like hell that NEVER comes to live action.

Still don't see that as a world-wide threat like this piece of shit article states.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:There was a version of Metallo from the 90's era that could probably threaten the planet. He had the ability to "grow" himself, graft other electrical components on, etc. Never liked that version (mostly because it was freaking stupid) and I hope like hell that NEVER comes to live action.

Still don't see that as a world-wide threat like this piece of shit article states.
I don't either... which is another reminder to you that the article is, at a minimum, "misinformed".

Or outright bullshit.

Take your pick.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next