Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costume For The Reboot

+3
webhead2006
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Costume For The Reboot Empty Costume For The Reboot

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:32 am

I know a lot of sites have a thread like this, but it's worth discussing.

What would you guys like Superman's costume to look like in the Reboot? Classic? Altered? Completely Bat-Sh*t Insane?

For me, you don't mess with PERFECTION.

Costume For The Reboot Superman%20con%20alex%20ross%20cera
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Costume For The Reboot Empty RE: Costume For The Reboot

Post  non_amos Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:15 am

Yeah, That's WAY preferable to the Singerman suit any day but you also reminded me of something. That's the Alex Ross version of Superman & isn't that Alex Ross standing there also? Ya know, I previously mentioned that they ought to make Superman in the film like the Earth-2 version because of how tough he was. Well, the Alex Ross version ain't bad either. And remember, ONE of Ross' versions is the KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN! Now, I'm NOT suggesting to use the KC suit since it's 'S' is altered. I'm also not suggesting an old Superman. What I AM suggesting is take a suit like the one pictured here & have a tough guy who could fill the role of the Alex Ross version in toughness. That's how Superman SHOULD look in a film. Not necessarily Mr. Olympia but not like 'BJ' either. The version pictured here AIN'T someone you would want to piss off! And he looks like a MAN, not a WIMP! Exclamation
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Costume For The Reboot Empty Re: Costume For The Reboot

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:09 am

I dig the Alex Ross outfit. Honestly, I'd prefer to see a traditional fabric suit. Why would Superman need or want something overly designed? His costume is homemade and it should look a little homemade. But something else is that if you make it out of, say, cotton, the actor's build is easier to see beneath the outfit. Whatever definition Blandon had to show for himself was entirely ruined by the stretchy outfit he wore. But if you put in STM, you can see Reeve's definition pretty clearly in some shots.

So don't just go classic (REAL reds, REAL blues, cape and trunks) but use a more ordinary fabric for the body suit.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 am

For ne I want bright bold reds/yellows/blues in the suit. The neckline should be open. And the cape should be cloth/silk like material that flows over shoulders. I don't want to see plastic shield s it should be printed on suit or a patch. Also the suit material should fit the actor body well and show off his muscle defination.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Personally I go with having it made out of skin tight leather kind of like the same material use for motorcycle suits!

And as for the designs... I go for the mixter of the traditional design and extraterrestrial like design along with a red design scheme under the waist rather than actual red underwear, triangle shaped belt buckle but without the S, staples on the red boots, a big 3-Dimensional S simbol on the chest, and a light leather cape just reaching the back of the knees along with a yellow outlined of the S simbol.

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Personally I go with having it made out of skin tight leather kind of like the same material use for the motorcycle suits!

No. NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo.

No.

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:And as for the designs... I go for the mixter of the traditional design and extraterrestrial like design along with a red design scheme under the waist rather than actual red underwear, triangle shaped belt buckle but without the S, stables on the red boots, a big 3-Dimensional S simbol on the chest, and a light leather cape just reaching the back of the knees along with a yellow outlined of the S simbol.

Nope. Everything stays as is.

No "S" belt-buckle. As Singerman CLEARLY shows, Superman does NOT need an arrow pointing to his junk.

Uh, a pleather cape? Are you serious?? Once wasn't enough for you?

Trunks are part of his costume. Period.

Heck, I'd even take THIS over a leather-fetish Superman:

Costume For The Reboot SuperMule2009Celebration
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:No. NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo.

No.

Whats wrong with leather suits or motocycle suits for that matter? confused
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:04 pm

to me nothing is wrong with leather suits and all that. But for what superman is he doesnt need it for him. I just want to see good materials that fits the actor's body well and allows to show defination/and is breathable and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Find out what they made the Supergirl costume out of for the recent Smallville episode, and use that material. Not rubber, pleather or leather. That looked like MODERN fabrics, classic.

Singerman will really look dated in a few years, if it doesn't already. Keep it classic yet modern

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Whats wrong with leather suits or motocycle suits for that matter? confused

Uh, maybe because Superman doesn't wear leather?

Why the F would anyone want Superman to wear a "motorcycle suit"???
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Why the F would anyone want Superman to wear a "motorcycle suit"???

I don't mean literally, I'm just saying that his suit should be made out of the same material and style as a motorcycle suit! Just look at how they made the "Daredevil" suit and the "X-Men" suits!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Why the F would anyone want Superman to wear a "motorcycle suit"???

I don't mean literally, I'm just saying that his suit should be made out of the same material and style as a motorcycle suit! Just look at how they made the "Daredevil" suit and the "X-Men" suits!

Which are perfectly good reasons why it SHOULDN'T be.

Seriously. Are you going to advocate "pleather" HERE for Superman?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I don't mean literally, I'm just saying that his suit should be made out of the same material and style as a motorcycle suit! Just look at how they made the "Daredevil" suit and the "X-Men" suits!

Which are perfectly good reasons why it SHOULDN'T be.

Seriously. Are you going to advocate "pleather" HERE for Superman?

It's only a suggestion!!! Rolling Eyes I'm pretty sure there are other materials that they can try if there is something better than leather that is!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:It's only a suggestion!!! Rolling Eyes I'm pretty sure there are other materials that they can try if there is something better than leather that is!

And it's a BAD ONE. No "rolling eyes" or silly smiley will change that.

I'd take spandex over "pleather" if I had to....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 pm

well leather worked for xmen and daredevil where it can serve a purpose of some body protection and all that. But with supes he doesnt need it. with his invul powers. He just wears an outfit to be a symbol to the world. and if you go into the whole invul powers it needs to be a skin tight material and all that. I dont know about alot of different fabrics out there. There is so many these days with all the sythics and all that. But like i said it should be something that fits the actor's body snug and can show off their muscles and definations and all that. Like for example the tights upper/lower body should be something like under armor material sports players use. But you know not something that cheap looking or anything.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:29 pm

For the record this is what I really had in mind...

Costume For The Reboot Lexluthor

This is the reason why I choose leather in the first place!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:For the record this is what I really hand in mind...

Costume For The Reboot Lexluthor

This is the reason why I choose leather in the first place!

Even though it looks it, I don't think that costume is supposed to be leather....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:34 am

yea i wouldnt call that look leather that could easily be some other fabric material. only thing i would say could be leather in that comics suit is belt and boots.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Can someone please explain to me what's so horrible about using cotton or similar fabrics? This idiotic leather thing that has overtaken comic book movies works for some things but it wouldn't play for Superman.

As for the stylings of the suit... blue body suit, red boots, red cape, red trunks, yellow belt; go classic or get out.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Totally colors nothing wrong with cotton in my book. But like I said there is tons of fabric materials. I hope nolan/snyder hire a good costume department. And ther designer makes the suit first with the right colors, and then secondly workk with who ever is clark to find out what fabrics look best and what works well on him. Only fabric thing I will say off the bat I want is the cape to be made of a cloth/silk material.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:22 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Can someone please explain to me what's so horrible about using cotton or similar fabrics? This idiotic leather thing that has overtaken comic book movies works for some things but it wouldn't play for Superman.

As for the stylings of the suit... blue body suit, red boots, red cape, red trunks, yellow belt; go classic or get out.

I like the Under Armor suggestion from earlier.

And yes, Classic is the ONLY way to go.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:06 am

yea looks wise like i said an underarmor like material(something more sturdy an all that) would work best at showing off musicles and body defination on actor. Though i dont want to have suit look cheap if you get my drift. I am sure there is materials like it that would look more theatical and less mundae and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  darwin76 Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Under Armor (or similar material) - great suggestion!
And make it classic or not at all. However, keep the neck opening big again. Also, I always liked when Superman was portrayed in comics standing with his cape over the front of his shoulders - he looked god-like and powerful, and that's how he should look.

darwin76
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Totally. I want a material that fits the actor body. Shows off his defination of muscles. And like the underarmour material flexs well and wrinkles in the right places. Then open neckline and a flowing softer/silk like material for cape. Trunks I don't know what material I would make them out of. So open for that. Then belt/boots a sturdy leather material. Then for s shield either screen printed onto the body material or a patch like sewed onto the material. Non 3d or plastic. And s on cape stiched on the cape.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:52 am

Did you see the costume designs that recently surfaced on the Homopage supposedly from Singerman's sequel??

Jesus......Talk about making a bad thing even worse. The \S/ was to become a stylized slash type design??

Thank Christ common sense prevailed and that was canned.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next