Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costume For The Reboot

+3
webhead2006
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Costume For The Reboot - Page 2 Empty Re: Costume For The Reboot

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:58 am

Not that Steve Younis ever impressed me on anything but there seems to be some doubt as to whether or not those are actually associated with Singerman 2- Man of Pleather. Stylistically, they look like they have more in common with the Abrams FlyBy designs we've seen up to now. Plus, Singerman 2 never even got so far as a successful pitch to the WB suits so one wonders how and why pre-production art would've gotten started (unless that was part of the pitch but, again, WHY?).

Far be it from me to excuse Bryan Singer for anything but I have to wonder if those are really associated with his "franchise".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:07 am

Yea I believe they were mistakenly labeled sr 2 designs but were probably for jj or mcg stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Not that Steve Younis ever impressed me on anything but there seems to be some doubt as to whether or not those are actually associated with Singerman 2- Man of Pleather. Stylistically, they look like they have more in common with the Abrams FlyBy designs we've seen up to now. Plus, Singerman 2 never even got so far as a successful pitch to the WB suits so one wonders how and why pre-production art would've gotten started (unless that was part of the pitch but, again, WHY?).

Far be it from me to excuse Bryan Singer for anything but I have to wonder if those are really associated with his "franchise".

Because the guy who posted them is a dumbass, and he won't go back and fix his mistake.

Just look back to those shitty writers stating a sequel was NEVER really explored. Was Singer paying this guy to do those horrid "redesigns" out of his own pocket?

I think not.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Speaking of costumes more images of burton costume have gone online.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:17 pm

I have a STRONG feeling that we will get something pretty close to this for the reboot:
Costume For The Reboot - Page 2 Superman-Earth-One-03

The Earth One graphic novel was a hit, and the Superman in that was "smaller" than in the comics, just like Cavill will be the smallest live-action Superman to date.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I have a STRONG feeling that we will get something pretty close to this for the reboot:
Costume For The Reboot - Page 2 Superman-Earth-One-03

The Earth One graphic novel was a hit, and the Superman in that was "smaller" than in the comics, just like Cavill will be the smallest live-action Superman to date.
Isn't Dean Cain smaller? And by that, I mean shorter.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:58 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Isn't Dean Cain smaller? And by that, I mean shorter.

Nah, I have a feeling Cavill is actually shorter than Cain. If not, they are roughly the same height.

6'1 in HollyWeird inches is around 5'10-5'11, TOPS.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm

I so can't wait to see how they go about the costume this time. It better look good. As for cavill with all the time they have to start I hope he bulks up good. As for his height sure I don't know offically what it is and some height places due fudge actors heights sorta like wrestlers some times. But looking back at past superman actors they all ranged between 6'0 and 6'4 I believe. And in the comics superman height has varied between 6'2 and 6'4. So hopefully if cavill is 6'0 they will not hire anyone over him in the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I so can't wait to see how they go about the costume this time. It better look good.

Keep Mingenhack away from this film than.

As for cavill with all the time they have to start I hope he bulks up good. As for his height sure I don't know offically what it is and some height places due fudge actors heights sorta like wrestlers some times.

It's not "places". Their agents do it to garner "interest".

But looking back at past superman actors they all ranged between 6'0 and 6'4 I believe. And in the comics superman height has varied between 6'2 and 6'4. So hopefully if cavill is 6'0 they will not hire anyone over him in the film.

Yep, but nowhere was he 5'11 though. Was he?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:07 pm

I do wonder who will be the costume designer. Who has usually worked with snyder. It will probably be that person. But I sure hope. They look at what we fans want in look and the best looks from the comics. And hit it out of the park. Also definately need to have great looking first offical photos of suit too. God when I saw that first sr suit photo the pose was all wrong, on top of the lousy suit design too.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 am

I just find out over at Comicbookmovie.com that an interview with Zack Synder was made and it was reveal that Snyder has made plans on revealing a photo of Henry Cavill in the suit right before shooting begins after being ask about it! Here's what he had to say...

Quoted by Zack Snyder:
”I can’t say — although I appreciate the question. I’d love to talk about it. We’re going to have to show it before we shoot, probably a while before that because [otherwise] someone will be on the set and get a picture of it.”

To check out the whole interview just click this link... http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=32068
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 am

Well that would be smart to release a photo before filming scenes with suit. So it isn't leaked out. I can't wait to see what his suit will look like and how first photo will be.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2