Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.20, Prophecy (spoilers)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

10.20, Prophecy (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty RE: 10.20, Prophecy (Spoilers)

Post  non_amos Tue May 03, 2011 12:40 am

BHoward wrote:Non_Amos, you really got me thinking about this now. Darkseid has been mostly a mist or smoke, why all of a sudden the change to "goo". What if the empty chair at the table is for Brainiac. They are bringing Metallo, Dark Archer and Roulette back without explanation after their stories were fairly wrapped up. Why not Brainiac. But then I'm a conspiracy theorist, so I'm probably thinking too much into it.

I'm almost sure that I read somewhere online just recently that James Marsters who played Brainiac is supposed to appear again by the series end. I don't think I just dreamed that but I'm a little unsure where I read it exactly. Probably one of those many links with the spoilers & all.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

10.20, Prophecy (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: 10.20, Prophecy (spoilers)

Post  BHoward Tue May 03, 2011 12:51 am

I wonder if that online report was confused and referring to his appearance in Homecoming.

OT: A little info about the heroes of last night.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/160332/jsoc-black-ops-force-took-down-bin-laden

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Prophecy space promo/clip:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 05, 2011 12:21 am

Peterson prophecy clip:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 06, 2011 9:19 pm

An so we are here tonight with the final episode before the Series finale next week. This is episode 20 of the final season. The episode was titled "Prophecy". Written by Bryan Q. Miller & Anne Cofell Saunders and directed by Michael Rohl. It featured the last appearance of laura Vandervoot as kara kent, stargirl, toyman, granny goodness and the start of the legion of doom.

Tonight story was about kara and ollie each searching for the bow of orion to help take out darkseid. Plus clark finally telling jorel about his upcoming marriage to lois. With jorel giving lois clark's power for the day to see how life is for clark. I thought it was a nice way to show lois what clark has to go through, and the channelleges he has with his powers and choices.

The returns of toyman and granny goodness were handled very well. Also kara's quest to help and protect clark was nice. I did find it interesting jorel wanted clark to be his own man finally and believe's its his time. But with kara she needs to go so clark can solve his own problems. It was a great thing to see her leave with the legion ring. But also very sad.

BQM and Anne wrote a solid story, the quest with ollie and kara and the toyman/legion of doom stuff was a real treat. Never expected to see grundy, black manta or captain cold in the show. Really hope they do play a part in the finale against the justice league. The stuff with lois and clark was also very nice.

Michael rohl direction was pretty good. He has usually had a pretty solid track record with the show since he came on board. He got some good preformances out of the cast, good camera angles and blocking. So another good episode from him. It was a good choice for second to last episode of the series.

As for acting, tom pulled off a very strong preformance tonight. He was bold, strong, and had all the superman qualities and was a very good leader tonight. He had some great emotional stuff with lois and some great scenes with jorel and toyman. He played things very good tonight.

Erica brought in another strong preformance tonight. She had a big emotional rollercoaster tonight. She first had fun with the powers of clark but then slowly saw how hard it is to be the one with all the powers and who to help or not help. She played the emotional stuff with clark very well.

Laura return as kara was very nice. She didnt have many scenes. But she played her stuff very well. It was also good to see her finally have a scene with justin. Which we should have gotten ages ago. But nice to finally see.

Justin also did well with his scenes and the continue struggle between light and dark. It was sad to see he is getting controlled and manipulated by darkseid forces. He played his scenes as well as usual. Same goes for granny goodness actress. Was happy to see her again. Cant wait to see what they have in store in finale.

Cassidy and britt didnt have many scenes tonight. But both pulled off some good preformances. Chris as toyman was wicked good. He has been a great addition to the show. They choose him well for toyman. I was happy to see him one last time.

A pretty solid episode tonight. I enjoyed it alot. A solid story, and good acting all around. The legion of doom introduction was great, toyman return was pretty good. It was a nice lead up to the finale. So cant wait to see how the show finally wraps up next week. Its going to be very sad to see it end after all this time.

I liked that clark is finally ready to be his own man and ready to move on and do things on his own. HE no longer needs to have jorel over his shoulder all the time. As for leaving jorel i thought it was fitting it showed he didnt need any more trials. As for the suit it will probably appear to clark in the time he needs it from jorel and all that. Also very interesting they didnt give us a full new promo. Though it was nice to see that promo again but also happy they are trying to keep everything a secret.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 07, 2011 2:37 am

webhead2006 wrote:Also very interesting they didnt give us a full new promo. Though it was nice to see that promo again but also happy they are trying to keep everything a secret.
I, uh, watched through another source. What was the promo? Seems like it wasn't a promo specifically for the finale. Gee, seems like I ventured as much over in the Eunuch page follies thread. TCB 1, Apologist douchebags 0.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 07, 2011 5:40 am

Oh yeah, before it gets blathered all over the place by the Apologists (who I'm growing to hate more now than I did even back in 2007, which I didn't know to be possible), no, Prophecy was not a waste. It's easy to forget but The Finale is two episodes combined. Yeah, it's being aired as a "movie event". But the fucker was written, directed and shot as two independent episodes, whatever editing shit is done in post. On that basis, the fact that Prophecy didn't resolve anything puts it right in line with the 20th episode of pretty much any previous season. The Apologists can (and, Lord knows, will) bitch about "how things ought to be" in their little worlds of pleather and stalkers but after ten fucking years of this, you'd think they'd have caught on by now.

But no. They haven't. Which, I guess, is why they're Apologists.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 07, 2011 11:20 am

colors yes there wasnt a finale specific promo like we usually get just during the episode that cool lex promo again, one of those other short 10second ones and at the end of the episode it was just that 30 second footage through the smallville letters promo again. Would have been great to have a more specific promo for finale but i guess they want to really keep everything underwraps.

Totally colors i thought it was a pretty fair episode. Not the best of the season but not wrost either. I too over at ksite and shh board saw alot of folks complaining about kara, or what they did with lois and clark and there wedding/relationship. Same with clark finally manning up over jorel. Personally didnt see any issues with these at all. First with kara i did wish they had her leave a little better but nice to give her closure in going to the future(she should have done it ages ago). Clark manning up to AI jorel was also a good move. It should us that clark is his own man now and doesnt need any more trials. Which he is ready for his destiney which is what jorel told kara. As for lois and clark i am sure within the first few mins of the finale clark will prove to her that she doesnt have to give up on them for clark to be a hero to the world and they will be back to normal and wedding all taken care of within the first 30mins of the finale. Then we move to defeating darkseid and the lex stuff of the finale.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

10.20, Prophecy (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty RE: "10.20, Prophecy (spoilers)"

Post  non_amos Sat May 07, 2011 11:48 am

Well at least we got to see the SINGERMAN SUIT on last night's episode! Funny though how those 'reds' were actually RED! But other than that, it still had the same 'S' & collar/neckline, which suck. Hey get this! Our ol' friend 'Sabaoth' is saying at duh Homopage that they're gonna photoshop Welling's head onto Blandon's body for the Finale:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9731#comments

#17 | Sabaoth on May 6, 2011 1:56pm EST
SPOILER BELOW:

Listen up,
watch the interview ....
@5:58 of the youtube video provided above, when pressed,

Tom said something happens in "the last image of the show."
Not a scene... not a minute.... just the final image.
So forget a scene, we are getting a shot of Clark's head on Brandon's body with a CGI cape flowing in the background.

Sabaoth, just go ahead & get your 'BJ' already now huh?! lol!

Here's one thing I'm now noticing. It's not just duh Homopage where we see apologists & I'm not just talking about the 'usual suspects' either. I click on these various links about SV & they're not all superhero websites; sometimes regular news/info sites. Anyway, scroll down to the comments on these articles & you'll see things like, "Why doesn't this show just END already?!" And believe me, for all the 'realists' comments you see defending the show, you'll see equally as many like the example I just gave. Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Prophecy ratings are in:
http://twitter.com/#!/mattmitovich
Ratings snippet: #Smallville does ~2 mil viewers/0.8
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2