Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

+14
Rduce
gadhero
BHoward
Belltown213
webhead2006
pax666
Comicbookfan-V2
TomWelling4Superman
lib
Apologist Puncher
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
non_amos
superman1938
18 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 pm

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=47999

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Amy-adams-on-set-of-man-of-steel-11

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 am

Hm. Interesting. Looks like a waiter. In the World of Metropolis miniseries (by John Byrne, yee haw!), Clark works his way through college as a burger flipper at a grill. So if we see Clark doing something like that, well, there is precedent for such a thing.

In fact, I've wondered more than once if we'll even see Clark working at the Planet in this movie. If we don't... I wouldn't see that as a wholly bad thing since it'd give him somewhere to go in a sequel (if, that is, the Siegel Parasites don't get their way in destroying the character).

Anywho...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 am

Interesting photo of cavill. As to your comment colors that is a ppossible idea. But I am thinking if the scene being shot is still part of the alaska scenes maybe its just clark taking odd jobs while traveling world deal thing. Which leads to the lois photos where she was sent out there cause clark probably did some save. Maybe stopped a fishing vessel from sinking and what not. But I am curious to see what happens.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 am

Hot Damn, I love when I'm RIGHT!!:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168630-superman-goes-shirtless-in-new-man-of-steel-pics

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Superm10
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Superm11
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Superm12

Muscle suit my fuckin' ass.

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 am

Makes you wonder if the Apologists (Stargayzer among them) will retract their hypocritical gripe about a muscle suit.

Also, no metrosexual chest-shaving going on there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Makes you wonder if the Apologists (Stargayzer among them) will retract their hypocritical gripe about a muscle suit.

Hell no. That fat tub called Adams "chubby" in those last pics of her on set.

Can you believe that shit??

But I said from Pic 1 that he WASN'T wearing a muscle suit like BJ Routh did.

Also, no metrosexual chest-shaving going on there.

No need. This movie is made for men AND women this time.

Not just fat chicks and gay guys.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 am

I just saw that on the Facebook site. Then I checked it out at SHH. I saved the pics to post them but you beat me to the punch! Working a lot of over-time right now & it's hindering my computer time but money talks so..........

But yeah, Cavill has obviously been working out. I haven't checked it out yet but I wonder what duh response is over at duh Homopage?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:00 am

The Apologists are as quiet as church mice all across the interwebs.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hell no. That fat tub called Adams "chubby" in those last pics of her on set.
I'd rather have a "chubby" Amy Adams who actually looks feminine than the prepubescent boy thing Kate Fivehead had going in Singerman. But that may just be me.

Btw, got a link to that? No big either way, but she posts a billion things on a billion forums it seems...

Can you believe that shit??
If it'd come from almost anybody else, no. But given who we're talking about...

But I said from Pic 1 that he WASN'T wearing a muscle suit like BJ Routh did.
It just didn't look like he was wearing a muscle suit in that pic but I'd be willing to make allowance given the lighting and the ambiguity of it. It was a flimsy argument even then but you could at least have an argument.

But in subsequent pictures? Sorry Charlie, no way.

No need. This movie is made for men AND women this time.

Not just fat chicks and gay guys.
Good point.

All in all, I'm starting to regain more of my confidence in MOS. No, it's not what I would've done (esp regarding the MIA trunks). But (A) Snyder has good instincts and (B) who's to say "what I would've done" would have necessarily been successful? I mean, you've got Cavill looking like a million bucks, Fishburne looking like he'll bring a lot of gravitas as Perry, Oscar-winning "chubby" Adams looking attractive and feminine (arguably a new thing in Superman films), Shannon as committed to his role as anybody could reasonably ask, on and on and on, right? The fact that the MOS S-emblem is a billion times better than the crappy Singerman THING doesn't hurt matters either.

Understandably we've not heard much from Snyder lately but overall? I like where this is going (with some reservations).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 am

http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=2335&page=191

MostPowerfulVaginaStenchFromstargazing

Re: The Zack Snyder Superman Movie
« Reply #4757 Yesterday at 12:44pm »
She looks chubby.. at least she has more 'curves' than Kate. Laughing

I love that THIS is the worst thing she can say about Adams. Sixhead Bosworth? Don't get me started....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:The Apologists are as quiet as church mice all across the interwebs.
Guess the Eunuch finally got his shit together.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10417#comments

Largely the comments are positive. But honestly, those guys can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned. NOW they're onboard with the concept of a reboot? Too little, too late. Take it outside, nobody cares.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:19 am

Not me. They can all go choke on a bag of dicks for all I care.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:26 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I love that THIS is the worst thing she can say about Adams. Sixhead Bosworth? Don't get me started....
Holy shit! You always warned everybody about the mile-thick stupidity on that page. But dude, seriously, I HAD NO FREAKING IDEA!!

MostPowerfulSolarisgazer wrote:So still no pics of Clark with glasses. He looks pretty adult already. Will he have a secret identity in this version? Sounds like Smallville where a lot of people know how he looks. Maybe it's the lawsuit.
WTF do you say to that?

Apologist douchenuts wrote:I actually really wish these types of things would stop leaking. I just want to go into the film without any biases. And looking at shots just gets everyone riled up. "Why's he wearing an apron, what's up with the beard". It would be nice to go back to pre internet days with films, before everythink leaked out. It sort of ruins the magic of just walking in having maybe only seen a trailer and having everything be fresh. Instead we will walk in thinking "I hope Crowe looks good, because it didn't work in the pic I say", "I hope when Clark has a beard it's not some stupid hollywood cliche" "Oh man, when he's wearing an apron, better not be lame."
I guess not signing in to that forum is too obvious a suggestion...

I swear, I could never post there, I'd be surrounded by idiots.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 am

No need to colors. It looks like even the site owner is tired of the stupidity there, and is pulling the plug:

http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=3518

Topic: End of Superman Cinema is nigh

Good.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:53 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hot Damn, I love when I'm RIGHT!!:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168630-superman-goes-shirtless-in-new-man-of-steel-pics

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Superm10
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Superm11
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Superm12

Muscle suit my fuckin' ass.

You won't see Brandon Routh with a bod like that! Now did I think about it, when was the last time we see a Superman actor this ripped?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 am

Pretty cool photos of cavill and definately you can see he is jacked for the role and no muscle suit needed one bit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Hey look! An Apologist rears his retarded head:

#22 | Super Idiot on October 14, 2011 3:45am EST
Hey folks, I'm not sure why this needs to be explained...but I'll give it a shot:

Is Henry Cavill in tremendous shape? Yes.

Is there muscle padding in the suit? Yes.

The former does not negate the latter. The simple fact of the matter is that the padding is there because no matter HOW buff you are MUSCLE DEFINITION DOES NOT POP OUT THROUGH SKINTIGHT FABRIC!! Sure, you'd be able to make out the overall shape of the muscles, but you wouldn't be able to see the individual lines in his six pack, or the freakin VEIN on his bicep.

So, enough all ready. Yes he's buff. But yes there's padding in the suit. There's nothing wrong with that. It's clear Snyder wants that comic book look, where all the muscles are unrealitsically visible even through fabric.

No problem. But people just need to accept and understand this simple fact.

It's as if people get defensive of Cavill when the issue of padding is brought up. Listen, it's not a knock on Cavill. It's just a necessary component for the suit to look the way Snyder wants it to look.

This moron comes from BlueNuts, and was POSITIVE the reboot was never going to happen. So what does he do now? Bad-mouth MOS, of course.

Oh, and want to know what makes it a "fact" that he is wearing a muscle-suit to this shithead?

Because he said so. That's it and that's all.

Why does this seem so familiar....?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Ha muscles cant show through skintight material. I would have a laugh there check out any buff dudes wearing underarmor, or hell for the matter wrestlers in there outfits they wear. Muscles clearly show through the material. Heck just googling for a few mins i came up with a photo of a muscluar dude in a skintight under armour shirt were you can clearly see some ab definition and clearly see some arm vines poping through:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 Image010
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:24 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hey look! An Apologist rears his retarded head:

#22 | Super Idiot on October 14, 2011 3:45am EST
Hey folks, I'm not sure why this needs to be explained...but I'll give it a shot:

Is Henry Cavill in tremendous shape? Yes.

Is there muscle padding in the suit? Yes.

The former does not negate the latter. The simple fact of the matter is that the padding is there because no matter HOW buff you are MUSCLE DEFINITION DOES NOT POP OUT THROUGH SKINTIGHT FABRIC!! Sure, you'd be able to make out the overall shape of the muscles, but you wouldn't be able to see the individual lines in his six pack, or the freakin VEIN on his bicep.

So, enough all ready. Yes he's buff. But yes there's padding in the suit. There's nothing wrong with that. It's clear Snyder wants that comic book look, where all the muscles are unrealitsically visible even through fabric.

No problem. But people just need to accept and understand this simple fact.

It's as if people get defensive of Cavill when the issue of padding is brought up. Listen, it's not a knock on Cavill. It's just a necessary component for the suit to look the way Snyder wants it to look.

This moron comes from BlueNuts, and was POSITIVE the reboot was never going to happen. So what does he do now? Bad-mouth MOS, of course.

Oh, and want to know what makes it a "fact" that he is wearing a muscle-suit to this shithead?

Because he said so. That's it and that's all.

Why does this seem so familiar....?
*sigh*

If we were talking about a stretchy, spandex type of material, the guy would have a point. Go back and check out a few episodes of Lois & Clark. Love or hate him, Dean Cain was in amazing shape for most of the run of the series. But it was somewhat for naught as the type of material in that Superman suit didn't do too much to show off his definition. But that's not true of all skin tight fabrics all the time.

Another thing, if you check out the promo pic, you can see Cavill's six pack and it's twisted and contorted precisely in alignment with his torso. You don't get that with muscle padding. There are wrinkles and such in the body suit that strongly suggest there is little or no padding underneath. I could accept he's probably wearing something underneath the outfit to prevent chafing or skin irritation but that's about it.

Finally, is there some kind of texturizing or some such going on with the Cavill suit to assist with definition for things like veins? Maybe or even probably. Even so, that's really Cavill's build under there. No padding to give him an assist (unlike a certain LA bartender I could mention).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:04 am

You might remember the guy, colors. Super Mario ring a bell?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:23 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:You might remember the guy, colors. Super Mario ring a bell?
Mmm, yeah, kinda. Didn't he post at Eyes Skyward too? Or am I thinking of someone else?

If memory serves, he's your cookie cutter Apologist. Not much variance from what has become the prevailing opinion. The usual stuff: Singerman could've been better, wasn't bad as it was though, Routh deserves another chance no matter what, Smallville is even worse than the Bob Holliday thing from the 70's, fuckin blah blah blah. He's one of those guys who shoots his own credibility in the foot just by showing up.

And hey, wasn't he the guy that all but fellated Routh at the Metropolis Celebration this year? Or was that somebody else?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:59 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Mmm, yeah, kinda. Didn't he post at Eyes Skyward too? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep. From what I saw, he basically said Robinov's announcement DIDN'T mean a reboot was coming and shit like that. I got into an e-mail "flame war" with him, just for the hell of it. He thought I was someone named "Kal Mart" or some shit. I kept tearing him up, he did the usual Apologist "y r u so angrey n it jus oponion n stuf".

It was sad Sad

If memory serves, he's your cookie cutter Apologist. Not much variance from what has become the prevailing opinion. The usual stuff: Singerman could've been better, wasn't bad as it was though, Routh deserves another chance no matter what, Smallville is even worse than the Bob Holliday thing from the 70's, fuckin blah blah blah. He's one of those guys who shoots his own credibility in the foot just by showing up.

Bingo.

And hey, wasn't he the guy that all but fellated Routh at the Metropolis Celebration this year? Or was that somebody else?

Nah, someone else.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:07 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10417#comments

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 291705_203539889715503_100001784797361_519728_701514536_n
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 300447_203540563048769_100001784797361_519737_1375048472_n
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 299094_203541473048678_100001784797361_519743_561522504_n
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 10 307997_203547659714726_100001784797361_519766_1393197199_n
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Mmm, yeah, kinda. Didn't he post at Eyes Skyward too? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep. From what I saw, he basically said Robinov's announcement DIDN'T mean a reboot was coming and shit like that. I got into an e-mail "flame war" with him, just for the hell of it. He thought I was someone named "Kal Mart" or some shit. I kept tearing him up, he did the usual Apologist "y r u so angrey n it jus oponion n stuf".

It was sad Sad
If I'm thinking of the right guy, I had prolonged debates with the moron about Smallville vs. the comics. My angle, having read a metric fuckton of them, is that SV isn't the radical departure it was intended to be. I handed him his ass on that so he shifted over to SV's low ratings. There was a massive ratings drop off in, if memory serves, season 3 or 4, which he credited to viewer disinterest. However, I handed him his ass again when I pointed out it was up against American Idol AND that ratings went BACK UP once it was moved over to a different time slot. On and on and on. It was just one damn thing after another with the guy. Some excuse for why Singerman didn't do great, some bullshit reason why Stalkerman 2- Pleather Boogaloo is (or was at the time) the ONLY sane choice, so on and so forth.

The guy's rhetoric, talking points and "debate" skills illustrate why we always called those hosers "Apologists" in the first place. He wouldn't last two minutes in a place like this where your argument rises or falls on its own merits without mod intervention.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Don't forget, he's an "actor".

Translation: Unemployed.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next