Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

+14
Rduce
gadhero
BHoward
Belltown213
webhead2006
pax666
Comicbookfan-V2
TomWelling4Superman
lib
Apologist Puncher
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
non_amos
superman1938
18 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 291705_203539889715503_100001784797361_519728_701514536_n

I really like this one for some reason.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Don't forget, he's an "actor".

Translation: Unemployed.
He is? Huh. Didn't know that. Can't argue with your translation though, oy...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:He is? Huh. Didn't know that.

Neither did anyone else.

Can't argue with your translation though, oy...

Whenever you hear ANYONE say "Actor" as their profession, 99.9999% of the time they are unemployed.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:He is? Huh. Didn't know that.

Neither did anyone else.

Can't argue with your translation though, oy...

Whenever you hear ANYONE say "Actor" as their profession, 99.9999% of the time they are unemployed.
Where you live, they're probably a dime a dozen. But they're a little rarer around here. But I've seen some movies from my city's "movie scene" and... ugh! "Amateur" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Point? There's a reason most of 'em haven't made it. And it ain't because "the system isn't fair". Hell, "the system" is probably unfair only in terms of admitting as many people as it has, oy...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Point? There's a reason most of 'em haven't made it. And it ain't because "the system isn't fair". Hell, "the system" is probably unfair only in terms of admitting as many people as it has, oy...

Out here, it really IS true:

It's not what you know, but who you know.

I haven't given much thought into getting into ShowBiz, but I know some people who know some people, and would have an "in". It's crazy...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Cavill in Men's Health magazine. Shot taken at Singerman Peeps and BJ Routh too!!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=48427

Cavill Wasn't Always Super

The superhero began life a chubby little boy. As a child in England, Henry Cavill was known as "Fat Cavill." "It's definitely a shitty nickname," Cavill says, seated in a Chicago sidewalk cafe. "But kids are kids. Kids are cruel. Whatever. I was fat."

Cavill & Zack Snyder on Henry Missing out on Superman

Technically, Man of Steel isn't Cavill's first time wearing Superman's cape. About 7 years ago he was cast as Clark Kent (and alter ego) in the last update of the franchise, Superman Returns. But when the original director, McG, abruptly quit, Cavill was gone with him. As it turned out, that flaccid sequel to the Christopher Reeve series proved to be kryptonite for the career of its replacement star, Brandon Routh.

"He's definitely more Superman now than he was 7 years ago, I think," says Man of Steel director Zack Snyder. "He has been the rock that we can build this movie around." That rock didn't spend the past few years sitting around. "I want to be chosen, not wish I was part of something," Cavill says. "I didn't pine over the fact that I didn't get the last one. It was 'move on, carry on,' whatever!"

Cavill on James Bond

His other high-profile letdown: losing the role of James Bond to Daniel Craig just a year after losing Superman Returns. "I obviously wasn't right for Bond," Cavill admits now, secure that he gave it his all. "I did, and I wasn't right. That's all."

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-cavill-mens-health-november-2011-02
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:29 pm

Hm. Guess I never bothered to take note before but Cavill looks to have more a V-cut to his build as opposed to BJ's sort of figure-8. Ultimately, the guy can either play the part or he can't but it's good to know that Snyder's not leaving anything to chance in terms of his general look.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:42 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Hm. Guess I never bothered to take note before but Cavill looks to have more a V-cut to his build as opposed to BJ's sort of figure-8. Ultimately, the guy can either play the part or he can't but it's good to know that Snyder's not leaving anything to chance in terms of his general look.

Snyder was a genius to use Gym Jones for '300'. They have now become the "go-to" guys for him, and their work speaks for itself.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:51 pm

I defer to you on this but even if you'd sent Routh to Gym Jones... wouldn't he still coming out with more of an hour glass shaped figure? I mean, you can't really change the fundamentals of someone's frame, right?

EDIT- I'm not bashing on or minimizing what the Gym Jones people can do, mind you. As you say, it speaks for itself. I'm just asking a question.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:07 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I defer to you on this but even if you'd sent Routh to Gym Jones... wouldn't he still coming out with more of an hour glass shaped figure? I mean, you can't really change the fundamentals of someone's frame, right?

Yes. Even some of the '300' actors had similar body-types to BJ, and they weren't nearly as impressive as the others, like Butler.

They bring out the BEST in a persons body. If that person has an unflattering, unimposing frame *COUGH*BJRouth*COUGH*, they can't wave a magic wand and change it.

EDIT- I'm not bashing on or minimizing what the Gym Jones people can do, mind you. As you say, it speaks for itself. I'm just asking a question.

And there's your answer up above. Excited
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:11 am

Nice little interview from caavill in the mag. And boy ya getting teased as a kid is never fun. But on his looks now he has a great look for superman now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 pm

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=48888

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-11
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-13
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-14
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-15
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-16
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-17
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-18
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-19
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Henry-20

More at the link.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Some sweet set photos there
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 am

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 110830-superman1
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 110830-superman4

Oh, and just for the hell of it, these two pictures confirm there is NO padding in the bicep/tricep area. Period.

Here's all you need to know:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 11083011
In this image, Cavill's arm is fully extended. See how "long" the bicep looks? Good.

Take a look at this next one:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 11083012
See how his arm is bent, and the bicep "balls up"? Even better.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Hammercurls
Just to emphasize the point.

Padding CANNOT accomplish both looks. Either it will make the bicep appear longer and thicker, as BJ Routh's muscle suit tried to do. Or, it will try to make the bicep have a higher "peak", as was shown in the second pic. As you can see, Cavill's costume did both with one arm bend. Not possible for padding to do this.

So next time you see someone say that "padding" is a "fact", or that it is "obvious" he is wearing "padding", refer them back to this thread for the WIN.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TomWelling4Superman Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 110830-superman1
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 110830-superman4

Oh, and just for the hell of it, these two pictures confirm there is NO padding in the bicep/tricep area. Period.

Here's all you need to know:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 11083011
In this image, Cavill's arm is fully extended. See how "long" the bicep looks? Good.

Take a look at this next one:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 11083012
See how his arm is bent, and the bicep "balls up"? Even better.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Hammercurls
Just to emphasize the point.

Padding CANNOT accomplish both looks. Either it will make the bicep appear longer and thicker, as BJ Routh's muscle suit tried to do. Or, it will try to make the bicep have a higher "peak", as was shown in the second pic. As you can see, Cavill's costume did both with one arm bend. Not possible for padding to do this.

So next time you see someone say that "padding" is a "fact", or that it is "obvious" he is wearing "padding", refer them back to this thread for the WIN.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 1643966-lex_luthor_wrong_super
Actually those pictures prove there is padding! His Veins wouldn't pop out like that unless it was from the padding! The suit is sculpted to his body, and padded to bring out his body's definition.

TomWelling4Superman
Homophobe

User Reputation : -125

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:14 pm

But padding doesn't work that way
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  TomWelling4Superman Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:22 pm

webhead2006 wrote:But padding doesn't work that way

If you look at him without his shirt that VEIN isn't present... Wonder why? In fact in almost all the pictures of him without his shirt which have leaked NONE have shown that vein. It's clear they did a nice job with the padding in this suit, and it's helping to have his muscles be visible. Without padding the muscles wouldn't pop out like that, and neither would that vein. That's about the only thing they got right in this horrible looking new suit.

TomWelling4Superman
Homophobe

User Reputation : -125

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Either way, those pics underscore how badly needed the trunks are.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Umm I have seen photos of cavill without shirt and muscles and all that and seen vien marks and all that. Its all about how define the viens are and if his muscle is flex and tight or rellax and flatted.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:39 pm

TomWelling4Superman wrote:Actually those pictures prove there is padding! His Veins wouldn't pop out like that unless it was from the padding! The suit is sculpted to his body, and padded to bring out his body's definition.

I knew this idiot would say this. Even though I demonstrated exactly WHY there is no padding in the bicep area, with VISUAL EVIDENCE, he-she still claims to be "right".

Let me ask those of you with a brain a question, and I would appreciate an answer or two:

How can padding move up and down with a bicep, unless said padding was somehow "connected" to the bicep?

Think about it, use your own biceps for the answer, then let me know.

I'll be waiting.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:40 pm

TomWelling4Superman wrote:If you look at him without his shirt that VEIN isn't present... Wonder why? In fact in almost all the pictures of him without his shirt which have leaked NONE have shown that vein. It's clear they did a nice job with the padding in this suit, and it's helping to have his muscles be visible. Without padding the muscles wouldn't pop out like that, and neither would that vein. That's about the only thing they got right in this horrible looking new suit.

It's amazing when someone uses their own ignorance as a means to BELIEVE they are "right".

It boggles the mind.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 11 Empty Cavill is ripped.

Post  gadhero Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 pm

TomWelling4Superman wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:But padding doesn't work that way

If you look at him without his shirt that VEIN isn't present... Wonder why? In fact in almost all the pictures of him without his shirt which have leaked NONE have shown that vein. It's clear they did a nice job with the padding in this suit, and it's helping to have his muscles be visible. Without padding the muscles wouldn't pop out like that, and neither would that vein. That's about the only thing they got right in this horrible looking new suit.

Dude if you zoom in the topless pics of Cavill in page 16, you can see his vein. Plus the suit pic is him doing an action pose and maybe flexing too. The topless pics are of him just walking around with arms relaxed.

Also there is no way that Routh is bigger then Cavill. I just saw singerman the other day on tv and Routh looks even skinnier than Cavill did in the Immortals pics and that beach pic near the beggining of this thread. Especially the scene in the hospital when doctors remove Rouths outfit and he's bare chested.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  gadhero Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
TomWelling4Superman wrote:If you look at him without his shirt that VEIN isn't present... Wonder why? In fact in almost all the pictures of him without his shirt which have leaked NONE have shown that vein. It's clear they did a nice job with the padding in this suit, and it's helping to have his muscles be visible. Without padding the muscles wouldn't pop out like that, and neither would that vein. That's about the only thing they got right in this horrible looking new suit.

It's amazing when someone uses their own ignorance as a means to BELIEVE they are "right".

It boggles the mind.

AP do you think this is most powerful/solaris who thinks Routh IS Superman?

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:54 pm

gadhero wrote:AP do you think this is most powerful/solaris who thinks Routh IS Superman?

Nah, that tub usually throws "IMO" onto every retarded/offensive/ignorant thing she says. THIS idiot is just a racist homophobe from Duh HomoPage.

But feel free to copy & paste my post over there to rub it in that cow's face.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gadhero Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks I don't normally post over there (too much singerman imagery), but I might use the comparisons you showed to show them that Cavill is more ripped than Routh. There's alot of idiots over there who think they're experts on muscle/working-out just because they saw a few youtube videos of Routh working out for singerman with a woman trainer.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next