Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News

+3
lib
non_amos
thecolorsblend
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Someone started a rumor that the Bros. Warner want Tom Hiddleston to play the Joker. No WAY does Disney allow this, and I doubt he'd abandon Loki for Joker.

Plus, as great as he is, who wants the same actor playing iconic villains in 2 different franchises? I'd offer it to Daniel Day-Lewis, who I think would consider it a challenge to make the character his own after Ledger. Or, Adrian Brody would be fine with me too.

If the Joker is even in either of these films to begin with.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Been thinking about this. I really doubt it's true. But suppose it is. Would that be my breaking point for DOJ? I think the Joker's been done to death lately. Yes yes yes, marquee value, new approach to the character, etc, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm kind of sick of the Joker. And I realize I've pretty much felt that way ever since ROTJoker. Had another Joker story never been done after that... yeah, I'd be cool with it. That was his high point. I think even he'd agree it's best to go out on top and leave 'em wanting more.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Giant Superman statue being built for either 'B V. S', or possibly 'Justice League'?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=101600

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 AOzWwKT

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 Rmguho10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Looks familiar...

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 Comic210
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:51 pm

That structure and a office building that has LEXCORP logos are located at GM's Pontiac Centerpoint Campus West at 520 South Blvd, an old bankrupt General Motors property just outside of Pontiac MI that is close to Michigan Movie Picture Studios. HEAVY security is in place with orders to keep the public far away.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Looks familiar...

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 Comic210
I'm coming back to this. Remember the Action Comics #1 homage from Singerman? Always felt like it was a missed opportunity because that cover is supposed to be about dynamic motion and chaos and cars crashing and shit falling over the place and criminals running around in terror.

But Singer fucked it up.

That statue looks like an homage to Superman #1... and THIS is you homage a Golden Age cover. Take note, Singer. Learn from your betters.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:17 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=101770

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 A4ppon10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:08 pm

http://thebananadoc.wordpress.com/

Here is a website that has some new photos. Also, no one has seen Henry in town yet, but Ben and his family have been seen around town and was at the Tigers weekend baseball game.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 4 Empty More Cast Announcement

Post  Rduce Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:16 pm

["Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - More DC Comics Characters
23 hours ago | SneakPeek | See recent SneakPeek news »

According to new reports from the Michigan set of director Zack Snyder's currently shooting "Man Of Steel" sequel, "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice", it has been revealed that actor Scoot McNairy ("12 years A Slave") has a pivotal role in the film, possibly as a DC Comics' costumed crime-fighter:

Speculation is that McNairy is playing 'Dick Grayson' aka 'Nightwing'.

I realize they undoubtedly are shooting two movies back to back, but can this film actually still be considered a sequel?

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Rduce wrote:["Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - More DC Comics Characters

According to new reports from the Michigan set of director Zack Snyder's currently shooting "Man Of Steel" sequel, "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice", it has been revealed that actor Scoot McNairy ("12 years A Slave") has a pivotal role in the film, possibly as a DC Comics' costumed crime-fighter:

I realize they undoubtedly are shooting two movies back to back, but can this film actually still be considered a sequel?  
If the movie's conflicts and themes are all primarily driven by, involve and/or affect Superman to the exclusion of other characters, yes. Now, I realize the large size of the cast with so many other DC heroes is probably confusing for you. "Durrrrr, howw cAn teh m0viez wiht dis manny caricatures be sequel to mAN osteel, derpy derpy derpy". I assure you though it IS possible. Likely? Who knows. But absolutely possible.

Stop drinking the Prima Donner, Apologist and Nolanite kool-aid. It wastes your time and annoys me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:34 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Rduce wrote:["Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - More DC Comics Characters

If the movie's conflicts and themes are all primarily driven by, involve and/or affect Superman to the exclusion of other characters, yes. Now, I realize the large size of the cast with so many other DC heroes is probably confusing for you. "Durrrrr, howw cAn teh m0viez wiht dis manny caricatures be sequel to mAN osteel, derpy derpy derpy". I assure you though it IS possible. Likely? Who knows. But absolutely possible.

Stop drinking the Prima Donner, Apologist and Nolanite kool-aid. It wastes your time and annoys me.

CB, I have not drank any kool-aid since Jonestown!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:49 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=104419

"It’s been great; I’m still in the middle of it actually," Scott McNairy told Issue Magazine of his first blockbuster role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Reports surfaced back in June that the 12 Years a Slave actor was joining the Man of Steel follow-up in a mystery role that even major Hollywood insiders couldn't reveal given they were "sworn to secrecy." Of course, instead of discussing his character, McNairy went on to praise the film's director. "Zack Snyder is awesome. He was one of the director’s on my list. Working with him has been great. It’s not too different working on a studio movie, except there’s more people and more money and more time. In regards to the process that I go through as an actor, it’s exactly the same. Snyder has so much energy. I’ve never seen someone with such energy before. He’s shooting and writing and editing and then goes to the gym twice a day. He’s incredibly energetic and I don’t know how he does it. It’s contagious. I was going to the gym every day as well."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Probably bullshit, but here you go:

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:37 pm

This too:

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Hey colors, your old "friend" is trying to pretend like he knows some shit again:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=109850

According to a few of BOF’s BvS insiders, the first teaser trailer for the film is complete and ready to go. The overt hint I got from these folks is that the teaser will be revealed this Fall along with a November or December film release (and online, of course). I have no idea to which specific film it may be “attached,” but New Line’s (which is Warner Bros.’ sister company) THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES is being released on December 17, 2014.

By the way Batman fans, I’ve heard that this teaser is “Batman heavy.”
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:47 pm

His track record apart from the Nolan films is mxied. I think I'll wait for corroboration.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:33 pm

http://instagram.com/p/wNandPvLpg/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video

Production has wrapped on Batman vs. Superman. You know, the follow up to Man of Steel? It's getting a sequel. I know, I know, that's a crazy idea in the post-Singerman world but it's AMAZING what's possible when the movie in question actually turns a profit. MOS did; Singerman didn't.

Yes, I'm still beating that drum. And I always will.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Hopefully they start trickling out some REAL info about the film soon.

The rumor about a teaser being attached to the last 'Hobbit' movie being true would be a step in the right direction.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hopefully they start trickling out some REAL info about the film soon.

The rumor about a teaser being attached to the last 'Hobbit' movie being true would be a step in the right direction.
With 18 months until the release... well, it's possible but if MOS is anything to judge by, I don't think it's likely.

People are speculating the movie's going into post right now. I struggle with that. I mean, 18 months of post? I think there's this assumption people have that the minute main production ends, post production begins... which is a fallacy I shouldn't have to break down for any of you.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:03 pm

I've had the soundtrack since last night, and I've listened to a few tracks. I'm not a soundtrack guy, so I won't "review" it. But I will say the Batman suite is pretty interesting.

It's a combination of the Elfman theme, and Superman's theme from 'MOS'. Some pretty hard hitting drums too. Very loud, very visceral at times. I like it.

I'm seeing it Monday, and will post a review on Tuesday. I'll do a spoiler-free one, until right around the time the movie comes out. Won't spoil it for anyone who wouldn't be able to resist. Too many douches already trying to do that. Word is good so far.

Real good.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:10 am

I rather enjoy it so far. Haven't listened to the whole thing yet but a few tracks sound big and operatic. Appropriate for the material, I'd say. There have been a few cues from MOS included already. I enjoy the MOS score a fair bit and this Theme vs. Theme stuff in the music should underscore what's happening onscreen rather effectively.

Yeah, it's heavy on the drums and the bombast but Hans Zimmer isn't know for his subtlety and tenderness.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:14 am

Should've included this in my previous post. Oops!

I'm interested in BvS. I've wanted a teamup movie since I was a kid, blah blah blah, I've said that before. This movie looks like it'll have a little bit of John Byrne's MOS miniseries, a big helping of TDKR and maybe some other stuff. Overall you can't shake the mostly Post-Crisis vibe of the movie. I dig that.

That said, this isn't really My Ideal Movie. I enjoy what we've been given (and will be given) but my tastes are more and more in a Pre-Crisis alignment as the years go by. From the standpoint of STYLE, the Pre-Crisis is everything I want from DC.

Not complaining. BvS looks awesome and I'm sure I'll dig it. I'm just saying that's not necessarily the movie I'd make if I was in control and someone was foolish enough to give me hundreds of millions of dollars to make a movie.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4