Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 8 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm

道 wrote:
non_amos wrote:My concern is, what is it with this new guy posting an 'ID' that no one can pronounce or even have a clue what it means?! I know it's Chinese or some Asian language but how about an English translation? It reminds me of the final days of the 'Save Superman' blog that's obviously still there but inactive, where people would post like that, & if memory serves me correctly, sometimes entirely in that language, yet each 'word' seemed to be its' own 'link' & when you would place your cursor over them, you got an English version of what the link was about, & in some cases they were 'adult'. I myself didn't click on said links because I don't want viruses.

Also nothing racial here if the guy is Asian but even if he is, he's obviously American too because his English is too good not to be. The guy looks like on one hand that he can argue a point eloquently, so even if he's an apologist, maybe not a brain-dead one like at duh Homopage? Nevertheless he seems to be attacking AP, even referring to whatever AP is 'supposed' to have said at the 'Sucks' blog that supposedly has ruined the film franchise?! AP, any idea what he's talking about? There was certainly a lot of 'dissing' on Singerman but rightfully so. I can't help but feel though that's he's calling you out on something else though?! confused
To address your concerns (despite the fact that, oddly, you didn't address them to me):

- I do, in fact, find your comments to be more than a little racist, considering how there are widespread English courses all throughout Asia (TOEFL, ESOL, etc.), how English is taught in the grade schools all throughout Asia, and how the school systems in both Japan and China regularly kick the US school system's ass.
- I have a reason for picking the username I did. But if I told ya, you wouldn't learn nothin'.
- I have nothing to do with the spammers you're worried about. Go listen to some Black Sabbath to ease your burdens.
- I have a personal issue with AP, over the direction he took the SSS blog when SSS himself left.

Contrary to your belief, I am not racist! And although I've probably know for YEARS that even school-aged children learn English in JAPAN, I didn't necessarily know that for all of Asia. But you tell me then. Why is it that when I eat out at a Chinese buffet restaurant, almost NONE of the waitresses can speak proper English? Why is 'SWEET TEA' about all they can say? Why is it that when I try to explain to the waitress that I'm gonna leave the tip on my debit card INSTEAD of on the table, that she has to go get a translator?! As a matter of fact, I went to a local Chinese restaurant just the other weekend & when I tried to explain that to the waitress, she just shrugged me off completely! She didn't have the 'patience' to even TRY & understand what I was communicating. Instead, she just said loudly, "OK! WHATEVER!" And then walked off. And this is right here in the good ol' US of A! So you tell me, Grasshopper, where's the literacy?!

As for your user ID, why do you think I'd learn nothing? Is that a STEREOTYPE on YOUR part? And why do you assume that I listen to BLACK SABBATH?! And so what if I have? Another racial stereotype on your part?! Let me guess, you're not a racist but you picture some 'white guy' as being the stereotypical 'redneck' who listens to hard rock & heavy metal. Funny thing is though, so do a lot of Asians. Ever hear of a Japanese metal band called LOUDNESS? And these bands like KISS, among others, have been extremely popular in Japan! But that's OK though. Why don't you go listen to your CHINESE RESTAURANT MUSIC?!

And AP, this guy has a personal issue with YOU! AP, when you 'hinted' about the 'trunks' issue, I thought maybe you were talking about Comicbookguy, but after reading these posts, I don't believe they're the same person. Wouldn't it be something though if this actually turned out to be FAGLEY or someone else from duh Homopage?! Remember, they did invade the Sucks blog as well as Emi's blog, so what's to stop them from coming here as well? cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 8 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 pm

[quote="道"]
non_amos wrote:To address your concerns (despite the fact that, oddly, you didn't address them to me):

Because unlike YOU, people respect ME.

- I do, in fact, find your comments to be more than a little racist, considering how there are widespread English courses all throughout Asia (TOEFL, ESOL, etc.), how English is taught in the grade schools all throughout Asia, and how the school systems in both Japan and China regularly kick the US school system's ass.

And we can all already tell that you and men's asses mean a lot to each other.

- I have a reason for picking the username I did. But if I told ya, you wouldn't learn nothin'.
- I have nothing to do with the spammers you're worried about. Go listen to some Black Sabbath to ease your burdens.

You won't be around for very long, so don't expect to "teach" anyone here anything dipshit.

- I have a personal issue with AP, over the direction he took the SSS blog when SSS himself left.

Bring it on, but try a little harder next time you cunt. Your overblown bullshit is boring me and everyone else who reads it.

Oh, and to everyone else, what this guy doesn't know about SSS could fill the Pacific Fucking Ocean.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 8 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  道 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 am

non_amos wrote:Contrary to your belief, I am not racist! And although I've probably know for YEARS that even school-aged children learn English in JAPAN, I didn't necessarily know that for all of Asia. But you tell me then. Why is it that when I eat out at a Chinese buffet restaurant, almost NONE of the waitresses can speak proper English? Why is 'SWEET TEA' about all they can say? Why is it that when I try to explain to the waitress that I'm gonna leave the tip on my debit card INSTEAD of on the table, that she has to go get a translator?! As a matter of fact, I went to a local Chinese restaurant just the other weekend & when I tried to explain that to the waitress, she just shrugged me off completely! She didn't have the 'patience' to even TRY & understand what I was communicating. Instead, she just said loudly, "OK! WHATEVER!" And then walked off. And this is right here in the good ol' US of A! So you tell me, Grasshopper, where's the literacy?!

As for your user ID, why do you think I'd learn nothing? Is that a STEREOTYPE on YOUR part? And why do you assume that I listen to BLACK SABBATH?! And so what if I have? Another racial stereotype on your part?! Let me guess, you're not a racist but you picture some 'white guy' as being the stereotypical 'redneck' who listens to hard rock & heavy metal. Funny thing is though, so do a lot of Asians. Ever hear of a Japanese metal band called LOUDNESS? And these bands like KISS, among others, have been extremely popular in Japan! But that's OK though. Why don't you go listen to your CHINESE RESTAURANT MUSIC?!
Pwned.

I own you now. I know just how to push your buttons.

...and I have nothing whatsoever to do with SHH or the Superman Homepage. Truth.
道
Target
Target

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Because unlike YOU, people respect ME.
You would know the difference how, exactly?

And we can all already tell that you and men's asses mean a lot to each other.
And you sure do like to imagine that kind of thing an awful lot, because you write about it so frequently.

You won't be around for very long, so don't expect to "teach" anyone here anything dipshit.
Careful. You don't want to give the others a reason to think this isn't a haven for freethinking Realists. Showing your authoritarian side (again) would do just that.

...anyway, thanks to cutting-edge tech developed by the military-industrial complex, you couldn't keep me out if I really wanted to make a nuisance of myself. But no worries. I didn't come here to fight you. Any idiot can do that.

I have something so much better planned.

Bring it on, but try a little harder next time you cunt. Your overblown bullshit is boring me and everyone else who reads it.
You might wanna check about four posts back. Care to respond?

Oh, and to everyone else, what this guy doesn't know about SSS could fill the Pacific Fucking Ocean.
Enlighten them. They're Realists. They need hard evidence, not emotional ass-kissing.

Last edited by 道 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:37 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9586#comments

This whole thing revolves around the SV finale being a "standalone". I have no idea what that's supposed to translate to in terms of the finale's storyline, Welling in The Suit or whatever else. But the Apologists on the Younis page are bleating their little minds out over it. "We need at least an entire episode of Superman".

You can summarize 90% of their comments that way which is why I'm not posting a specific comment here.

How many times does it need to be said? "No flights/no tights". You can't hate that policy, you can rant about it, whatever, but if Welling never actually wears The Suit or has any type of sequence as Superman, NOBODY can say they were lied to or misled as to what the future would bring. We were PROMISED this would NEVER become an out-and-out Superman show where Welling flies and wears The Suit and is known as Superman. To violate the principle is the textbook definition of "jumping the shark". That may be welcome to some but it's still a repudiation of the show's mission statement.

Plus... guys, it's been ten years now and those morons STILL haven't caught on? I mean, I know they're stupid but COME ON!

Anyway. Just ranting.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:37 pm

道 wrote:You would know the difference how, exactly?

Because unlike YOU, I have a little thing called intelligence.

And you sure do like to imagine that kind of thing an awful lot, because you write about it so frequently.

Yep, you got me there!

But the difference between us is I don't participate. Can you say the same, dink?

Careful. You don't want to give the others a reason to think this isn't a haven for freethinking Realists. Showing your authoritarian side (again) would do just that.

...anyway, thanks to cutting-edge tech developed by the military-industrial complex, you couldn't keep me out if I really wanted to make a nuisance of myself. But no worries. I didn't come here to fight you. Any idiot can do that.

Ah, so you think only YOU know a thing or two about computers and anonymity? You're in for a HUGE surprise, asshole.

I have something so much better planned.

I'm sure you THINK you do. And you've done such a GOOD job so far, haven't you....?

Enlighten them. They're Realists. They need hard evidence, not emotional ass-kissing.

They don't need enlightening. They know the truth already.

You? You are a fucking ignorant twat.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 8 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Good grief! Speak of the devil! I mentioned Eunuch's 'server problems' on another thread. Now in reference to the 'Diane Lane' thread I posted on & quoted Sabaoth from, now duh sheeple feel so bad for Eunuch & all of his problems that they're willing to DONATE MONEY to him!:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9583#comments

#5 | shamrockdude01 on April 12, 2011 9:55am EST
("Thank you Steve for all you do for this (let us remind everyone)VOLUNTEER and UNPAID site! Supermanhomepage means so much to so many people. Your efforts are herculean and we appreciate all you do. This site means a lot to all of us. Get some rest friend! And thank you again!")

I totally agree! Steve I really do appreciate all your efforts because this is one of the first sites I check every morning when I go on the 'net. It's truly fantastic and I personally feel there should be an option to make a donation towards Steve's hard work. I wouldn't mind paying $10 or $20 every so often for the upkeep of this site and for the amount of time Steve puts into running it. What do you guys think?

And that's not all folks:

#6 | mikey on April 12, 2011 10:06am EST
Donation would be a good idea. This is one of my favourite sites and I've been viewing it for years. Good job Steve!

And how did Eunuch respond to all of this out-pouring of sympathy?:

#26 | Steve Younis on April 13, 2011 12:31am EST
Thanks for all the kind comments. I've created an optional donation button as suggested by a few people. You'll find it on the left side of the site.

So you heard it here folks! Click on the 'DONATE' button. I'm sure he accepts all major credit & debit cards & even PayPal. Just send your 10 or 20 bucks to Eunuch immediately for his 'pain & suffering'. Hmmmm?! Ya know what, the timing of these 'server problems' couldn't have been more convenient, now could it? Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

I guess people just don't want to buy any of the crap he is peddling. And I bet 10-to1 that Eunuch himself posted as one of the examples you mentioned.

How sad....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:15 am

Sometimes no comment is necessary.

Younis page news announcement wrote:April 14, 2011: "Cura Te Ipsum" by Neal Bailey Now in Trade Paperback
Cura Te Ipsum "Cura Te Ipsum Goes to Trade! Multiple Universes, Two Awesome Formats!"

In response to reader demand, popular digital comic Cura Te Ipsum will be collected in a trade paperback for release on May 7th, Free Comic Book Day.

Cura tells the story of Charlie Everett, a man who tries to commit suicide only to be stopped by his alternate self. Across multiple universes, Charlie and his many doppelgangers seek to stop their own suicides. All goes well until they encounter the Dark Everett, a lunatic that believes all of the Charlies were meant to die, a man who will murder to see that happen.

After a favorable article on io9.com drove up readership by a factor of five, a trade became inevitable.

Cura Te Ipsum - Volume One features the first six months of the story, script-to-page comparisons, character designs, pin-ups, and original art that can't be found on the website.

The trade will come in two versions, a regular version (US$10.00), and a special edition (US$20.00, limited to fifty copies) that comes with a bonus exclusive full-color poster and a hand drawn and inked Cura character sketch by series artist, Dexter Wee.

Series creator Neal Bailey is excited by both the product and the price point: "These sketches, normally you'd pay thirty bucks to get them at a con, and that's in pencil. I want to make sure that everyone gets a lot of bang for their buck. I know what it's like to be broke. You want to get the most value you can!"

Pre-orders are now open at CharlieEverett.com. Any press inquiries should be directed to bailey.neal@comcast.net.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9599

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:28 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hell-Fuckin'-NO. What WE did was make enough noise that the RIGHT PEOPLE heard us. From top-level exec's at WB, to the tippy-top of people involved in the Singerman Peeps debacle. WE FOUGHT for what WE wanted and believed in. And I kept OUR voices heard.

Fuckin spot on.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 am

thecolorsblend wrote:In a lot of ways, I wish Kevin Smith had never told that story because you get a bunch of morons making "clever" references to it like this. Far be it from me to defend the Tim Burton/Jon Peters/Nicolas Cage piece of monkey vomit, but (A) there would've been more vision and originality in that film than there was in the entirety of Singerman and (B) this joke really belongs to one man, and has been run into the ground.

That joke's been done to death, to be sure. Although it was worth repeating in the "Death Of Superman" animated movie (Got to hand it to the animation guys, they don't hold back poking fun at their big screen relations! I still enjoy the piss take Schumacher copped in "Legends Of The Dark Knight")

I'll always give Smith a free pass because a) He monumentally shit canned Singerman and called it out for what it was..and b) He then cast Ruth as a homosexual. Talk about adding fuel to the fire on that little "rumour"......and Ruth walked right into it. Well, Ruth gotta eat.

Last edited by Father Finian on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:40 am

non_amos wrote:http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9565&c_start=0

#78 | Steve Younis on April 10, 2011 11:36pm ESTPlease! Give me a break! The fact is, some people just love to complain. Period. It's sad, but true. There's just no pleasing some people, and it gets old. I'm sick of people moaning about nothing. It's as if ONLY their ideas are right, and everyone else (including those in charge of making the comic, TV shows, movies, etc...) is wrong. Just because what is being done doesn't match your opinion 100% doesn't mean the character is being "mis-handled"! Some people just need to get over themselves.

It seems Eunuch is getting a little aggravated with duh apologists! Smile

WTF?? Is he kidding? Has he never read a Bailey review of Smallville? Jesus Christ, that takes the fuckin cake.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:46 am

non_amos wrote:So you heard it here folks! Click on the 'DONATE' button. I'm sure he accepts all major credit & debit cards & even PayPal. Just send your 10 or 20 bucks to Eunuch immediately for his 'pain & suffering'. Hmmmm?! Ya know what, the timing of these 'server problems' couldn't have been more convenient, now could it? Wink

Unbelievable. With all the worthy causes around the world at the moment, Eunuch starts a charity drive for himself. Lovely work. Just like Superman would do.......

Honestly, Warners/DC should pull any form of accreditation he has out from under him.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:49 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Sometimes no comment is necessary.

Younis page news announcement wrote:
Cura tells the story of Charlie Everett, a man who tries to commit suicide only to be stopped by his alternate self. Across multiple universes, Charlie and his many doppelgangers seek to stop their own suicides. All goes well until they encounter the Dark Everett, a lunatic that believes all of the Charlies were meant to die, a man who will murder to see that happen.
URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9599

Obviously autobiographical.

Fuckin hell Bailey, switch to beer!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:04 am

道 wrote:- I have a personal issue with AP, over the direction he took the SSS blog when SSS himself left.

Oh, boo fuckin hoo, you poor little thing, you.

Nobody is stopping you from starting your own blog and doing what you want with it. One of the great thing about these Americans and their freedom of speech. Those Chinese schools might teach English reel goodly, ask em to teach you about democracy and freedom of speech

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:19 am

道 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:
Chris: You got all clumsy and lightheaded and you'd get so nervous when you'd talk to them that you kinda felt queasy, right?

David: That's pretty much how being a teenage boy works, yeah.

Chris: Exactly. So here's my theory: Clark didn't have a crush on Lana at all. He was just getting Kryptonite Poisoning and mistaking it for a crush. Their entire relationship is built on a false positive for cooties as a result of space radiation.

David: That doesn't explain his constant spying on her with the telescope.

Chris: Well, that's because Clark is a creep.

David: Unless he just thinks it's, like, the normal thing to do or something. Bryan Singer watched this before doing Superman Returns, didn't he?

Chris: The signs are there.

Huh? Who are these brainiacs? If Singer used Smallville for his interpretation, why does young Clark wear glasses? A teenage Clark watching Lana on her porch via a telescope is light years away from the spying creep we got in Singerman.

No, sorry boys. Singer fucked it up all by himself. He couldn't even follow the established continuity of the universe his film was supposedly set in.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Because unlike YOU, I have a little thing called intelligence.
The definition of a Realist is the possession of objective evidence. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

I don't participate. Can you say the same, dink?
Absolutely. Can you believe the truth when it's told to you?

Ah, so you think only YOU know a thing or two about computers and anonymity?
Nah. There's always someone better. It's when you think you know everything, when you're at the top of your game and crowing about it, that you're actually the most prone to slipping up and making yourself vulnerable.

I'm sure you THINK you do. And you've done such a GOOD job so far, haven't you....?
You would be able to evaluate that how, exactly?

They don't need enlightening. They know the truth already.
Then why did you feel the need to shore up the defenses with your comment?

Last edited by 道 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation error)
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:08 am

Father Finian wrote:Huh? Who are these brainiacs? If Singer used Smallville for his interpretation, why does young Clark wear glasses? A teenage Clark watching Lana on her porch via a telescope is light years away from the spying creep we got in Singerman.

No, sorry boys. Singer fucked it up all by himself. He couldn't even follow the established continuity of the universe his film was supposedly set in.
Just to clear this up (though I really shouldn't have to, considering how I included links in my original post), Chris and David are Chris Sims and David Uzumeri, from ComicsAlliance. They've been reviewing the final season of Smallville, and other suggested episodes during the mid-season break.

You might also know Chris from the blog where he got his start, The Invincible Super-Blog.
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 pm

道 wrote:Just to clear this up (though I really shouldn't have to, considering how I included links in my original post)

No, you really don't have to because I really don't give a fuck who they are.....a couple of clowns who need to explain to each other how a heterosexual teenage boy feels.....I'm sure they must've read about it somewhere.

It's pretty clear I was asking a rhetorical question anyway.

So, sorry, who the fuck are they?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Father Finian wrote:Oh, boo fuckin hoo, you poor little thing, you.

Nobody is stopping you from starting your own blog and doing what you want with it. One of the great thing about these Americans and their freedom of speech. Those Chinese schools might teach English reel goodly, ask em to teach you about democracy and freedom of speech

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Words of wisdom from the Father are ALWAYS welcome around these parts.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Father Finian wrote:
道 wrote:Just to clear this up (though I really shouldn't have to, considering how I included links in my original post)

No, you really don't have to because I really don't give a fuck who they are.....a couple of clowns who need to explain to each other how a heterosexual teenage boy feels.....I'm sure they must've read about it somewhere.

It's pretty clear I was asking a rhetorical question anyway.

So, sorry, who the fuck are they?
You asked. I answered.

Truthfully, I didn't expect you to care that much. You have to wonder what someone who takes the name of a known sex offender as their online persona actually DOES care about. Especially when they're from the same area that the sex offender operated out of. It's kind of like being from Chicago and taking the online name of Ted Kaczynski. Odd that you'd want to be identified with someone like that, don't you think?
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:14 am

Just to clear it up, I took the name before he was outed as a sex offender. At that stage it was only a Eunuch injoke, but you do have a point and that's why I dropped the surname.

I can't chose the weirdos Eunuch associates with.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Father Finian wrote:Just to clear it up, I took the name before he was outed as a sex offender. At that stage it was only a Eunuch injoke, but you do have a point and that's why I dropped the surname.

I can't chose the weirdos Eunuch associates with.
Maybe not, but it might be a good idea to switch to a different persona. It's more than a little insensitive to the victims' families, wouldn't you say?
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 am

They're not here, are they?

But it is a fair point.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 am

Father Finian wrote:They're not here, are they?

But it is a fair point.
It warms my heart to know that yes, you have a conscience. I wondered.
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum