Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 7 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 pm

I can't disagree. There's no law saying you have to like SV. Whatever, it's just a TV show.

But to love and champion Singerman and bash on SV? Sorry but that's too much. I won't listen to THAT bullshit. Nobody could argue SV has handled every single little thing perfectly right but (A) they've done the job well more often than not and (B) even their goof ups could NEVER compare to the abortion that is Singerman. That's all there is to it.

Go ahead, love or hate SV but for crying out loud you CAN'T argue it's worse than Singerman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 7 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Anytime you find a retardedly negative 'Smallville' comment, you are GUARANTEED to find a pro-Singerman comment from the same asshole at Duh HomoPage.

It's as certain as Death & Taxes.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:21 am

That is so true ap.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Singer Fanboy wrote:#20 | robertgillis on April 6, 2011 10:11am EST
*snip*
But my biggest complaint about the show – always has been – is that Clark is not the inspiration for the other heroes.
That hasn't been in continuity since 1986, prick. Why? Because Crisis On Infinite Earths merged several of DC's alternate universes into a single universe. That includes Earth-2. So for the JSA (formerly of Earth-2) to not be wiped out of existence entirely and for them to exist as the elder statesmen superheroes of the DCU, they have to predate Superman.

Superman being the first superhero to come along in the DCU has been out of continuity for decades. But I'm sure this comics expert already knew THAT.
I'm coming back to this.

One thing SV has done, given that Superman can't be the first superhero of this universe, is give him an important legacy with the Justice Society of America. The JSA, as I said, are the elder statesmen in the DCU. They were the first, the pioneers. But SV has done something I don't think even the comics have touched upon in giving the JSA a stake in Superman. There's a very clear passing of the baton not just to their successor but to their superior. Every weakness, every mistake, every flaw, everything that plagued the JSA is now on the table for Superman to overcome. And overcome he will. Dr. Fate pointed to Clark as being not only the leader of the next generation of heroes but also THE hero.

How fucking epic is THAT? No, Superman isn't "the first" (not in SV and for decades now not in the comics). Not the first, but sure as shit THE GREATEST.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I blame parents these days for not only Apologists, but just the ignorant, self-entitled bunch of ASSHOLES permeating this country. And World, by extension.

These parents raise their kids thinking "I'm special. Not for anything I have done, or plan on doing. Just for EXISTING". Their little shits think that THEY are "just as good" as someone else, no matter what that person is or was. Their opinions are just as "valid" as a PhD's. Just as "valid" as a freakin' rocket scientist. Don't DARE counter MY opinion, because an opinion is NEVER wrong! These weak-kneed, easily duped and lead-by-the-nose FUCKS are a cancer on society. They ONLY look out for "#1". Only look to get what THEY want, because you know, they DESERVE IT.

Fuck You.

When life slaps these little shits across the face with reality, they fold like a house of cards. Why? Because their "parents" thought it was better to be their FRIEND, than be a fucking PARENT. Guess what, dipshits?

YOU CAN'T BE YOUR CHILD'S FRIEND.

Be a parent, or get neutered.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:10 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I blame parents these days for not only Apologists, but just the ignorant, self-entitled bunch of ASSHOLES permeating this country. And World, by extension.

These parents raise their kids thinking "I'm special. Not for anything I have done, or plan on doing. Just for EXISTING". Their little shits think that THEY are "just as good" as someone else, no matter what that person is or was. Their opinions are just as "valid" as a PhD's. Just as "valid" as a freakin' rocket scientist. Don't DARE counter MY opinion, because an opinion is NEVER wrong! These weak-kneed, easily duped and lead-by-the-nose FUCKS are a cancer on society. They ONLY look out for "#1". Only look to get what THEY want, because you know, they DESERVE IT.

Fuck You.

When life slaps these little shits across the face with reality, they fold like a house of cards. Why? Because their "parents" thought it was better to be their FRIEND, than be a fucking PARENT. Guess what, dipshits?

YOU CAN'T BE YOUR CHILD'S FRIEND.

Be a parent, or get neutered.

Well, I certainly can't disagree with any of that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:33 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Go ahead, love or hate SV but for crying out loud you CAN'T argue it's worse than Singerman.
What about those of us who hate both and blame the former for the latter?

Chris: It also got me thinking about Clark and Lana's entire relationship. Now Uzi, I don't mean to pry, but you and I were both 14-year-old boys once, right?

David: I dunno, I was fifteen when I came out of the rocket.

Chris: Well let's say for the sake of argument that you were once a hormonal teenager. When you saw the person you had a crush on, it made you feel funny, right?

David: Yes, definitely.

Chris: You got all clumsy and lightheaded and you'd get so nervous when you'd talk to them that you kinda felt queasy, right?

David: That's pretty much how being a teenage boy works, yeah.

Chris: Exactly. So here's my theory: Clark didn't have a crush on Lana at all. He was just getting Kryptonite Poisoning and mistaking it for a crush. Their entire relationship is built on a false positive for cooties as a result of space radiation.

David: That doesn't explain his constant spying on her with the telescope.

Chris: Well, that's because Clark is a creep.

David: Unless he just thinks it's, like, the normal thing to do or something. Bryan Singer watched this before doing Superman Returns, didn't he?

Chris: The signs are there.

...and then, commenting on "Relic" from season 3:

David: Haha, yeah, there's a complete lack of creativity or invention in his character at this point. It's astonishing what a BORING GUY Clark Kent is. Lex Luthor has a sweet house and lots of talent at a lot of different things and can talk philosophy or history or music or sports or whatever. Clark can talk about life being unfair, and maybe he'll let you hang out in his special room in the barn.

Chris: Even the haunting scene, which is atrocious, isn't just bad because it's dumb and makes no sense, although those are certainly valid complaints. I mean, the mayor literally just talked to Clark earlier that day, and then Clark puts on a bomber jacket and makes no other effort to disguise himself and somehow manages to convince the dude he's another person. Which, yes, I know, is pretty much what the Clark of the comics does with his glasses, but at least he combs his hair a different way and slouches to fool Lois.

David: Well, at least I can see this guy turning into the dude in Superman Returns. Shiftless, lazy, avoiding responsibility and a peeping tom.

So there you have it. Smallville vaguely reinterprets the Donner films and the Donner films serve as vague backstory for Superman Returns. Both have whiny, antiheroic interpretations of Clark/Superman. They fit like hand in glove.

Apologist Puncher wrote:They ONLY look out for "#1". Only look to get what THEY want, because you know, they DESERVE IT.
This from the guy who felt so entitled to seeing his version of Superman on film that he...

Well, everyone can see what he did. It's all up there in black and white on the SSS blog. You are black K for Superman fans, and you don't even appreciate the irony in what you just said.

Last edited by 道 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot link)
道
Target
Target

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:14 pm

道 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Go ahead, love or hate SV but for crying out loud you CAN'T argue it's worse than Singerman.
What about those of us who hate both and blame the former for the latter?
I don't have a beef with the people who hate both.

But by that same token, I have no idea who "Chris" and "David" are... but I'm pretty sure they can go fuck themselves.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 7 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:26 pm

My concern is, what is it with this new guy posting an 'ID' that no one can pronounce or even have a clue what it means?! I know it's Chinese or some Asian language but how about an English translation? It reminds me of the final days of the 'Save Superman' blog that's obviously still there but inactive, where people would post like that, & if memory serves me correctly, sometimes entirely in that language, yet each 'word' seemed to be its' own 'link' & when you would place your cursor over them, you got an English version of what the link was about, & in some cases they were 'adult'. I myself didn't click on said links because I don't want viruses.

Also nothing racial here if the guy is Asian but even if he is, he's obviously American too because his English is too good not to be. The guy looks like on one hand that he can argue a point eloquently, so even if he's an apologist, maybe not a brain-dead one like at duh Homopage? Nevertheless he seems to be attacking AP, even referring to whatever AP is 'supposed' to have said at the 'Sucks' blog that supposedly has ruined the film franchise?! AP, any idea what he's talking about? There was certainly a lot of 'dissing' on Singerman but rightfully so. I can't help but feel though that's he's calling you out on something else though?! confused
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:44 pm

道 wrote:This from the guy who felt so entitled to seeing his version of Superman on film that he...

Well, everyone can see what he did. It's all up there in black and white on the SSS blog. You are black K for Superman fans, and you don't even appreciate the irony in what you just said.

You're exactly right, friend. I felt SO "entitled" that I sat back and just EXPECTED the Bros. Warner to cancel the Singerman sequel, because only I HATED the first film. Right?

Hell-Fuckin'-NO. What WE did was make enough noise that the RIGHT PEOPLE heard us. From top-level exec's at WB, to the tippy-top of people involved in the Singerman Peeps debacle. WE FOUGHT for what WE wanted and believed in. And I kept OUR voices heard.

Black K? Motherfucker, I'm Superman compared to an ignorant milquetoast who takes whatever bullshit is shoveled into your face with a smile.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:46 pm

non_amos wrote:My concern is, what is it with this new guy posting an 'ID' that no one can pronounce or even have a clue what it means?! I know it's Chinese or some Asian language but how about an English translation? It reminds me of the final days of the 'Save Superman' blog that's obviously still there but inactive, where people would post like that, & if memory serves me correctly, sometimes entirely in that language, yet each 'word' seemed to be its' own 'link' & when you would place your cursor over them, you got an English version of what the link was about, & in some cases they were 'adult'. I myself didn't click on said links because I don't want viruses.

Also nothing racial here if the guy is Asian but even if he is, he's obviously American too because his English is too good not to be. The guy looks like on one hand that he can argue a point eloquently, so even if he's an apologist, maybe not a brain-dead one like at duh Homopage? Nevertheless he seems to be attacking AP, even referring to whatever AP is 'supposed' to have said at the 'Sucks' blog that supposedly has ruined the film franchise?! AP, any idea what he's talking about? There was certainly a lot of 'dissing' on Singerman but rightfully so. I can't help but feel though that's he's calling you out on something else though?! confused

I have my suspicions as to this person's identity.

We'll see if I'm right or if I'm wrong.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Here's the same retarded asshole from above with more "intelligence":
Duh HomoPage
#54 | Sabaoth on April 10, 2011 9:27pm EST
Nice pic Pal-El!

I don't get it.... why remake Superman II if you are so upset about how Superman Returns (Superman I remake) performed?
Why get rid of Singer and Routh if you were planning to go the same direction anyway?

Can't say I'm upset. Shannon is awesome on Boardwalk Empire. I hope this does not interfere with his duties on Boardwalk.
Think of it from a marketing angle....
"Kneel before Zod" (yes, they will use that phrase) is a popular movie quote a la "Luke, I am your father!"

I can picture all the "Kneel!" posters and "Kneel before Zod" t-shirts...
smart move!
Now...who will be Lex?

Wow. Words fail me....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gadhero Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:57 pm

I just don't understand how people can compare SV to Singerman.

In SV Clarke may not be wearing the suit but he still has Superman's morals/character. Singerman completely destroyed/insulted the character by turning him into a deadbeat dad, stalker, home wrecker, etc.

Plus Singerman was a crap remake of Superman the movie. The only difference was the kid.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:59 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Wow. Words fail me....
You and me both. I don't think we have words in English for stupidity of that magnitude.

gadhero wrote:I just don't understand how people can compare SV to Singerman.
I do. Dual live action adaptations going at the same time inevitably meant they'd compete with one another among the fanbase. I don't think the general public cared about SV vs. Singerman (actually, they didn't care about Singerman point blank but that's probably not news to you anyway) but among fans, there was always going to be a pissing contest as to which is better, no matter the quality of either. But as you obviously know already, the comparison doesn't favor the Apologists.

In SV Clarke may not be wearing the suit but he still has Superman's morals/character. Singerman completely destroyed/insulted the character by turning him into a deadbeat dad, stalker, home wrecker, etc.
A certain portion of it, I think, comes down to pride. Yeah, some Apologists genuinely love Singerman, Routh and the rest. But I think a few of 'em realized they made a mistake in gushing over Singerman just because it had a (crappy) version of the S-logo attached to it but they're too damn proud to say "okay, I let my excitement run away with me, the movie sucks, I was wrong to 'fall in love' with it, I'm glad Singer's gone" and so forth. Foolish pride. I could believe that maybe 1 in 15 or 20 Apologists might feel that way.

The rest? Braindead nitwits who never understood what made Superman great to begin with.

Plus Singerman was a crap remake of Superman the movie. The only difference was the kid.
No kidding! It might've been SSS but someone said what little original stuff Singer brought to the table (what little there was) served as THE WORST stuff in an already awful movie. Words along those lines, not an exact quote. But dude, you go back and rewatch that movie and damned if that's not EXACTLY what happened. The movie would've sucked anyway even without Singer's one or two original touches but his "creative input" REALLY sunk it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:44 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
kivara wrote:When it was confirmed that Routh wasn't returning as Superman, she actually wrote that she cried and it was the worst day of her life. Rolling Eyes
Heh heh, okay dude, you CANNOT write something like that without posting a link! Pretty please? I'll be your best friend!

Apologist Puncher wrote:Retroactively making it one of the BEST of mine.....
Very Happy

Here's the link: http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=2335&page=41

Scroll down to stargazer and make sure to read the responses from KEV and Ye5man. Though she actually wrote it was the saddest day of her life. But still funny . Smile

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:22 pm

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9565&c_start=100

Some guy called Last_Son_Of_Krypton (such a clever name, I'm sure he thought of it himself) has been posting pics and images of himself "playing Zod" on the net. I use the quote marks there because the motherfucker ISN'T playing Zod, he's doing a Stamp impersonation. The dude is REALLY pissed off that he got "passed over" in favor of Shannon.

It seems his comments have been deleted (I guess even Younis finally had enough) but you can still see fragments of them in other peoples writings. I guess it needs to be explained that Snyder probably wants someone to bring a fresh approach to the role rather than yet again digging up more Richard Donner leftovers. Poor baby.

Apologist wrote:#128 | Supereyes on April 11, 2011 2:32pm EST
Was Zod in the comics before Superman: The Movie, is that when they made him Kryptonian?
I can appreciate that not everybody follows Superman comics. And of the people who do, NOBODY can claim to know EVERYTHING.

But (A) this dillhole has criticized SV aplenty for lack of fidelity to comics which he clearly knows nothing about and (B) seriously, Wikipedia, how fucking hard is it?

I understand there's a giant machine Zod in the comics, but I think that sucks. And yes, I think they should just leave Zod as a Kryptonian.
You can pretty much copy and paste the above right here.

Funny how they're going with that title "Man of Steel" anyways which was going to be the sequel to SR's original title.
Oh, you mean Singerman 2, the sequel that never got beyond the pitch stage? Is THAT the movie this nitwit's talking about?

But I really feel like they're competing with Batman. "The Dark Knight" and..."Man of Steel." It's too obvious though.
Ah, the comparisons to Nolan's Batman films are once again selective.

"Superman: Man of Tomorrow"? Or...something in relation to Zod..."Rise of Zod"
Titles containing "rise of [insert noun]" should be prohibited by federal law in all genre films from now until the apocalypse. I would further recommend castration for people who suggest such titles.

When I become The Supreme Emperor of Everything, idiots like this one had better watch the fuck out!

Dickhead wrote:#129 | Tireman on April 11, 2011 3:19pm EST
maybe he can fight a giant spider and polar bears ???????
Pukes like this one are next. In a lot of ways, I wish Kevin Smith had never told that story because you get a bunch of morons making "clever" references to it like this. Far be it from me to defend the Tim Burton/Jon Peters/Nicolas Cage piece of monkey vomit, but (A) there would've been more vision and originality in that film than there was in the entirety of Singerman and (B) this joke really belongs to one man, and has been run into the ground.

This is another one who better leave the country if and when I assume absolute power.

When you see shit like...

Same toolbag wrote:#133 | Tireman on April 11, 2011 5:14pm EST
wouldnt shock me if we dont see lana in it at all maybe they will mention her ... but this cast is gettinb pretty big and expensive and i think the budget is only 175
... you can only take so much. Because, you know, each of the cast members up to this point are all going to get paid $25 million apiece.

We trust these morons to drive cars, vote, have families and so forth. And that really scares me. They are walking proof that Darwin was full of shit because if his theories had ANY validity, nitwits like... oh, fuck it, anyone from the Younis page would've been, ah, "dealt with" long ago.

kivara wrote:Here's the link: http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=2335&page=41

Scroll down to stargazer and make sure to read the responses from KEV and Ye5man. Though she actually wrote it was the saddest day of her life. But still funny . Smile
There are very few web postings worth printing out but those are definitely worth it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:10 pm

This is what I picture EVERY time an Apologist posts:
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 7 Retard

Male or female, it makes no difference.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Here's a doozy from the same link colors posted above:

#119 | robertgillis on April 11, 2011 12:38pm EST
Re: #117 -- They'd never do it but Julian Sands would be awesome as Jor-El again. Wasn't Sir Anthony Hopkins slated as Jor-El in one of the failed reboots? Y'know, if Jor-El is shown as a young man, what a Brandon Routh? Would be a nice passing of the torch. Others have fantasy football -- we have fantasy casting.

These ignorant twats just WON'T give it up.

And if you were Cavill, would you want the WORST "actor" to ever play the role "passing the torch" to you??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't see this getting any better. Just imagine ten years from now if a new Superman show is starting "oooh, [Blandon Routh] should be Jor-El/Jonathan/an older Lex/[Singerman] from the future/some other fucking retarded idea!"

Idiots.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 7 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9565&c_start=0

#61 | Steve Younis on April 10, 2011 9:57pm EST
Why do people assume this guy will be channeling Stamp? It's a new movie. A different take. Shannon's Zod will likely not bear any resemblance to Stamp's Zod. Even though I've been doing this for 15 years, I'm always disappointed at how negative Superman fans are. Sheesh!

Not enough? Another little nugget from Eunuch:

#78 | Steve Younis on April 10, 2011 11:36pm EST
Really? 1986? Says who? So the 1993 "Death of Superman" (the biggest selling comic of all time) was mis-handled? "Lois & Clark", "Smallville", all the great animated movies? Please! Give me a break! The fact is, some people just love to complain. Period. It's sad, but true. There's just no pleasing some people, and it gets old. I'm sick of people moaning about nothing. It's as if ONLY their ideas are right, and everyone else (including those in charge of making the comic, TV shows, movies, etc...) is wrong. Just because what is being done doesn't match your opinion 100% doesn't mean the character is being "mis-handled"! Some people just need to get over themselves.

It seems Eunuch is getting a little aggravated with duh apologists! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:29 pm

That civil war gets closer all the time. All they need is a firebrand to get 'em all stirred up and then all the Apologists are history.

If only we could find a charismatic agent provocateur...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Here's Eunuch:
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 7 Finger-wag

"Uh-uh-uh! You AIN'T gonna trash-talk my new gravy-train!"

Sell-out little prick.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:That civil war gets closer all the time. All they need is a firebrand to get 'em all stirred up and then all the Apologists are history.

If only we could find a charismatic agent provocateur...

That would be something, wouldn't it..........?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:31 pm

non_amos wrote:My concern is, what is it with this new guy posting an 'ID' that no one can pronounce or even have a clue what it means?! I know it's Chinese or some Asian language but how about an English translation? It reminds me of the final days of the 'Save Superman' blog that's obviously still there but inactive, where people would post like that, & if memory serves me correctly, sometimes entirely in that language, yet each 'word' seemed to be its' own 'link' & when you would place your cursor over them, you got an English version of what the link was about, & in some cases they were 'adult'. I myself didn't click on said links because I don't want viruses.

Also nothing racial here if the guy is Asian but even if he is, he's obviously American too because his English is too good not to be. The guy looks like on one hand that he can argue a point eloquently, so even if he's an apologist, maybe not a brain-dead one like at duh Homopage? Nevertheless he seems to be attacking AP, even referring to whatever AP is 'supposed' to have said at the 'Sucks' blog that supposedly has ruined the film franchise?! AP, any idea what he's talking about? There was certainly a lot of 'dissing' on Singerman but rightfully so. I can't help but feel though that's he's calling you out on something else though?! :confused:
To address your concerns (despite the fact that, oddly, you didn't address them to me):

- I do, in fact, find your comments to be more than a little racist, considering how there are widespread English courses all throughout Asia (TOEFL, ESOL, etc.), how English is taught in the grade schools all throughout Asia, and how the school systems in both Japan and China regularly kick the US school system's ass.
- I have a reason for picking the username I did. But if I told ya, you wouldn't learn nothin'.
- I have nothing to do with the spammers you're worried about. Go listen to some Black Sabbath to ease your burdens.
- I have a personal issue with AP, over the direction he took the SSS blog when SSS himself left.
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:You're exactly right, friend. I felt SO "entitled" that I sat back and just EXPECTED the Bros. Warner to cancel the Singerman sequel, because only I HATED the first film. Right?

Hell-Fuckin'-NO. What WE did was make enough noise that the RIGHT PEOPLE heard us. From top-level exec's at WB, to the tippy-top of people involved in the Singerman Peeps debacle. WE FOUGHT for what WE wanted and believed in. And I kept OUR voices heard.

Black K? Motherfucker, I'm Superman compared to an ignorant milquetoast who takes whatever bullshit is shoveled into your face with a smile.

- You turned an otherwise informative, well-documented blog with high journalistic standards, where rational discourse about the Singerman nightmare could actually proceed... into a bigoted, trash-talking, bitter-spirited trainwreck. Sure, those people had been there when SSS was around; but he kept them in check. You didn't. You encouraged their ilk. And when people called you on it, you deleted their posts. You stooped to the exact same abuses and misuses of power that caused you to be so irate with Younis.

- Under your regime, SomethingAwful goon tactics prevailed, spilling onto professionals' blogs, cursing out innocent bystanders, griefing anyone who got in your way, and leveling libelous and completely unsubstantiated character assassinations against anyone and everyone who had anything even remotely to do with the Singerman debacle.

- You will never be Superman. Hell, you're not even SSS. At least he understood that you cannot use the tactics of a villain and remain noble. The hero tortures himself and worries that his actions and choices are wrong because they might hurt someone. The villain, on the other hand, excuses his actions, believing the end justifies the means and that history will vindicate him and paint him as the hero in the end. One is noble. The other is not. Would you characterize your actions, ALL of them since you took over the SSS blog, as being noble, AP?

- You know as well as I do that it takes very little to return the same shit that someone serves to you. It takes a bigger person to rise above it and try to inspire them to a nobler way of life. That's the whole point of Superman.

- Before you chime in with your idiosyncratic "FICTIONAL CHARACTER in a FICTIONAL UNIVERSE" mantra (that, by the way, can be traced back to you across about nine different boards and blogs) I'd just like to ask why you're so upset about Singerman, if Superman's values matter so little to you? Is it just entertainment, in the end? Do you just want to see Superman portraying those values onscreen, and nothing more? Or are you seriously sick of people trashing Superman because you, in your heart of hearts, actually believe that Superman's values are the best way to live?

- Finally, do you realize that all of us, Realist and Apologist alike, have been used? This whole drama over Singerman was simply a means to an end so one exec could take another exec's chair.
道
Target
Target

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum