Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Empty Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Yhst-90077103850756_2132_26949080
A mothereffin' Superman "Snuggie".

Seriously, what WON'T that little troll pimp for money??

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 pm

You tell me which is worse: Younis selling it or people buying it (one of my fb friends has).

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:05 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:You tell me which is worse: Younis selling it or people buying it (one of my fb friends has).

They BOTH need Pa Kent to show them how he keeps his Pimp Hand Strong:

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Slap
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Haha but cool design for a snuggie though. I think there silly myself.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 am

Can't think of anywhere else to post this. It needs to be made fun of but doesn't deserve a thread to itself.

For starters, I'm kind of a defender of CG as a valid method for making visual effects. Sometimes you can only get the angle, speed, movement and other things from CG shots. People can bitch and moan about how "it looks fake" and/or the importance of using wires and bullshit like that but at the end of the day if it's a choice between a cheap-looking effect based on wires or a cheap-looking effect based on CG, expect a CG shot. It simply offers more control. Period.

*EDIT* Sorry, someone asked that the article be removed due to "legal reasons". I will contact them for more info, and failing that, I will replace what was removed.

-AP

However, opinions like that would get you in trouble if they broke away from the Younis page party line concerning Singerman. How do I know this? Because I'd gotten in trouble for it over on their page before. Some CG shot of Welling jumping in an episode of SV was, admittedly, not everything it could've been so naturally the Apologists pounced. I gave more or less the same answer as Rowell, and then offered a few examples of (1) shit CGI from Singerman and (2) shit wire shots from Singerman to illustrate my point.

Back then? MAJOR no-no. You didn't bite the hand that fed Younis.

But, now that the Singerman "franchise" is all over, it's perfectly okay for Younis himself to start speak (what passes for) his mind.

I don't know how that hack sleeps at night, I honestly don't.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Empty RE: Look What You Can Get At The Homopage!

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 am

Ironically I just read that right before I read this. Did you see the digital shot of 'BJ'? I guess he really IS the man of pleather! Razz
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 pm

I too just read that story. Totally loled about it. Cause man the cg did look terrible in sr. Where as other films released around it or a yr later looked alot better. I really hope snyder and his crew use cgi right in the reboot.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 pm

I retitled this thread so it can serve as a catch-all for Younis page-related stupidity. AP, if you want to change it back to the original title, no big.

Following is an e-mail former Younis page staffer Barry Frieman received from Fuhrer Younis himself posted on facebook.

Steve Younis wrote:Here's a love letter from Steve Younis
by Barry Freiman on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 4:05pm

A love letter from my former boss at SH:

Barry, while I don't have to justify or explain my decisions to you, I will reply to this email only to show you that not everything revolves around you. I'm probably wasting my time, because I have a feeling you've made up your mind on the matter, regardless of what I say here.

In finding a replacement for the Young Justice episode summaries/reviews, I contacted Jon Wilson who said he couldn't do it. Jon suggested two of his friends, Donovan Grant and Stephen Lacey. Donovan said no, Stephen said he'd like to but was moving house and would be without internet access for a period of time. Donovan suggested one of his friends named Collier Jennings but I never heard back from him in time. I asked Noah Runzo, another Superman Homepage staff member. He didn't watch the show. When he contacted me about posting their latest podcast information on the Homepage Isaac asked me if I'd found a replacement for the YJ stuff. I told him no, and asked if he knew anyone who'd be interested. He said he'd love to give it a go. So I accepted. It had nothing to do with you. End of story.

So you want to claim credit for Adam and Isaac's podcast gaining popularity because you asked me to promote it on the SH. Agreed. It was your idea. Good on you. But just like I've been promoting the Pendant Audio dramas, the From Crisis to Crisis podcast, and the "Night League" videos before it, and now also the Superman Bronze Age, and the Superman Golden Age podcasts, and yes, the World's Best Podcast, I'll continue doing so. What of it?

You also want to claim credit for the idea of posting weekly reviews for TV shows on the SH. Fine. It was your suggestion. Well done. It was a good idea.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?

People have come up with ideas and suggestions for the Homepage for years! Michael Bailey approached me with an idea that became the "Bailey's Bookshelf" segment of Radio KAL. Jeffrey Taylor came up with the idea of resurrecting the Caption Contest (which was Neal Bailey's idea originally), Neal came up with the idea for the "Smallville" KO Count and countless others. Adam Dechanel came up with the idea for Virtual Collector Cards and many other ideas. I could go on and on. What of it?

You complain that ego was the only compensation you got from working on the site. Did I ever offer or suggest there was ever anything more? You think I'm raking in money from this? Do you know how much it costs to host a website of this size with this amount of bandwidth on a dedicated server?

I expressed how grateful I was for all the work you did. Just as I'm always thanking the other guys for the work they continue to do. Not one item is added to the SH without me thanking the person for their contribution.

You left. Life goes on.

Steve

To the extent Younis page staffing issues concern me at all, I was sorry to see Frieman leave. He was one of maybe two or three at that page with half a clue.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:36 pm

[img]Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Motivatorbc0c1aad53bbc7 [/img]

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:25 pm

"Following is an e-mail former Younis page staffer Barry Frieman received from Fuhrer Younis himself posted on facebook."

I hate to say it Colors but LINK please?! Like you always tell Webhead? I know what Facebook is but when I tried to do a search for 'Barry Frieman' the results are 'slim pickings' & not the right one. I want to be able to read the exact thing you quoted. I initially jumped to conclusions & thought that Eunuch posted that at duh Homopage but I couldn't find it so I looked again at your post. The exact link will do just fine.

Here's something I haven't really read yet but intended to read & even post but since the issue has been raised, here's the LINK:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9294#comments

Like I said, I haven't really read all of this yet but methinks there's 'something rotten in Denmark' here?! And you know what's really odd? We call it 'duh Homopage' & rightly so, but it turns out that maybe only one of the few cool guys at that site is openly gay & now Eunuch is showing him the door?! In the words of Alanis Morrisette, "Isn't it ironic?" Rolling Eyes

Last edited by non_amos on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Empty RE: Younis Page Follies

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 pm

I believe I discovered our problem. We're misspelling Barry's last name. It's FREIMAN, not FRIEMAN. I now have what's his Facebook page but where do you find the letter from Der Eunuch?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 pm

non_amos wrote:I hate to say it Colors but LINK please?! Like you always tell Webhead? I know what Facebook is but when I tried to do a search for 'Barry Frieman' the results are 'slim pickings' & not the right one. I want to be able to read the exact thing you quoted. I initially jumped to conclusions & thought that Eunuch posted that at duh Homopage but I couldn't find it so I looked again at your post. The exact link will do just fine.

Amos, look at what YOU YOURSELF quoted:
thecolorsblend wrote:"Following is an e-mail former Younis page staffer Barry Frieman received from Fuhrer Younis himself posted on facebook."

That says it all right there, doesn't it?

Here's something I haven't really read yet but intended to read & even post but since the issue has been raised, here's the LINK:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9294#comments

Like I said, I haven't really read all of this yet but methinks there's 'something rotten in Denmark' here?! And you know what's really odd? We call it 'duh Homopage' & rightly so, but it turns out that maybe only one of the few cool guys at that site is openly gay & now Eunuch is showing him the door?! In the words of Alanis Morrisette, "Isn't it ironic?" Rolling Eyes

Wouldn't surprise me in the least....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Apparently he's been "banned" now too?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 pm

"That says it all right there, doesn't it?"

No, not really. Are saying that Barry posted the e-mail on his own Facebook page, or that Eunuch posted what he sent to Barry on his own page, to discredit him? Either way, I don't see the e-mail on either page, & Eunuch obviously doesn't even have friends, so there's nothing to really see there.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm

non_amos wrote:No, not really. Are saying that Barry posted the e-mail on his own Facebook page, or that Eunuch posted what he sent to Barry on his own page, to discredit him? Either way, I don't see the e-mail on either page, & Eunuch obviously doesn't even have friends, so there's nothing to really see there.

It's an e-mail that was forwarded to colors by this Freiman guy, and he's posting it here.

Or maybe not, and I'm waaay off....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 pm

non_amos wrote:
"Following is an e-mail former Younis page staffer Barry Frieman received from Fuhrer Younis himself posted on facebook."

I hate to say it Colors but LINK please?! Like you always tell Webhead? I know what Facebook is but when I tried to do a search for 'Barry Frieman' the results are 'slim pickings' & not the right one. I want to be able to read the exact thing you quoted. I initially jumped to conclusions & thought that Eunuch posted that at duh Homopage but I couldn't find it so I looked again at your post. The exact link will do just fine.
01- Webhead has constant problems with not posting links. It's like a fucking disease with that guy or something.
02- This was a facebook posting. Even if I provided a link, you probably wouldn't have been able to open it unless you are friends with Barry.
03- I misspelled the guy's name. Am I his fucking drinking buddy or something?
04- It matters little since he's apparently taken the posting down.
05- Oh yeah, fuck you.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:[img]Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Motivatorbc0c1aad53bbc7 [/img]

What, no one thought this was funny? Really?

Man I get:
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Rodney_dangerfield_no_resp
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:What, no one thought this was funny? Really?

LOL! It's a classic! Don't worry, I just got here!

I just found this stuff, jeezus!! How funny is it....and in case you were wondering if Eunuch thinks his shit don't stink, here's more proof. Man, what an assclown.

And to think swright slunk back there to his Master like a good little boy......

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 am

thecolorsblend wrote:To the extent Younis page staffing issues concern me at all, I was sorry to see Frieman leave. He was one of maybe two or three at that page with half a clue.

True. It wasn't that long ago he called it like it is and called Singerman "disappointing" and started a shit storm from the sheep over there.

Thanks for posting this stuff.

BTW, is Neal Bailey still stinking the place up over there, or did he finally wise up too and realize the only person making a buck off that site was the one doing the least amount of work?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 am

Father Finian wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:To the extent Younis page staffing issues concern me at all, I was sorry to see Frieman leave. He was one of maybe two or three at that page with half a clue.

True. It wasn't that long ago he called it like it is and called Singerman "disappointing" and started a shit storm from the sheep over there.
He's also an ardent SV fan and defender, even back in 2006 and 2007 when SV fans and Realists REALLY got raw deals from Herr Bailey and his little bunch of Apologist Youths.

BTW, is Neal Bailey still stinking the place up over there, or did he finally wise up too and realize the only person making a buck off that site was the one doing the least amount of work?
Neal "[Singerman is] better than Donner" Bailey left at one point. He might've come back since then though. Haven't really kept up. Honestly, you and I both know it can only be a matter of time until he needs more ego-strokes about what an awesome writer he is and how shitty it is that he didn't get a chance to write scripts for SV, blah blah blah. People really believe that shit and you just know he'll be back before too long (if he's not already).

Mark my words.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Empty RE: Younis Page Follies

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 pm

05- "Oh yeah, fuck you."

Likewise to YOU there too dude! But what should I expect huh? You not only treat apologists like that but realists also? Maybe 'swright' was RIGHT about you after all? He supposedly had you 'pegged AND identified' even when you were still at duh Homopage as 'El_Trento'. Believe me I know. And I suspect more too but I'll refrain for the moment. Have a nice day! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Simmer+down+na
"Simma down na"

Everyone.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 am

I had to re-read the Eunuch's email. You know, even a casual visitor to the Homopage would soon notice the sheer volume of work that Frieman guy put in there. What an arrogant brush off from Eunuch.

Eunuch's attitude is typical for him, I suppose. Never mind trying to set some sort of standard for your web page, just rope in anybody off the street to review the Superman franchises. Experience? Qualifications? What's that? Just rope in another handy sucker.

Then again, after Bailey the bar was set pretty low.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Father Finian wrote:LOL! It's a classic! Don't worry, I just got here!

I must have missed this. Thank you for your blessing, Father.

Maybe it went over everyone else's head?

I just found this stuff, jeezus!! How funny is it....and in case you were wondering if Eunuch thinks his shit don't stink, here's more proof. Man, what an assclown.

Yep. That little midget has a "Napoleon Complex" for sure.

And to think swright slunk back there to his Master like a good little boy......

I found a picture of him online. Check it out:

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies Igor1
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 am

For those of you just joining us, here's an example of Apologist thinking at its most asinine

Some Apologist Fucknuts from the Younis Page wrote:#32 | georgethree33 on February 26, 2011 11:23am EST
The complainers are gonna get what they deserve
Lol - so people complained that Superman Returns disappointed even though it made it's budget back and was considered a success at the time (made more money than Batman Begins). Understandably - the fans complained Returns was too similar to Superman The Movie, too much of a repeated experience. Maybe it was - so what! I liked it.

Then Singer, listening to the fans complaints began preparing a sequel that would have resolved the Super-kid angle by bringing in a villain we all want to see - Brainiac - and before the fans knew what he was planning - they complained and Singer lost out on his followup Superman film.

Nolan and his cohorts sweep in to save the day and came up "brand new" idea - to redo Superman II and bring in Zod. brilliant. Let's do the Nuclear Man next.

All I can say - is if this is true - the complainers are going to get what they deserve. We could have had Brainiac and a story that removed the Super-Kid - but noooooooo - people just had to whine about it. Got no one but yourselves to blame if we just get a retread of Superman II - though i have to admit Viggo would make a badass Zod.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9325#comments

Given that (A) there aren't enough hours in the day to deal with every single "point" raised therein and (B) said "points" have been long debunked anyway, I'll just tackle a few of 'em.

First, as is likely not breaking news to anybody around here, yeah, sure, Singerman earned back its production budget... when you consider only the worldwide gross. But it lost money in both territories. Of course, there are other factors. How much does distribution cost? The IMAX release? Also, what about Singerman's infamous (and documented) $100 million marketing campaign?

On top of all that, whatever "profit" WB made instantly had to be split up with Legendary anyway.

Sorry, but the one thing you can't argue is that Singerman made significant amounts of profit at the box office. We've all crunched the numbers a thousand times and they simply. Aren't. There.

Period.

This leads rather neatly into Singer's ouster. Knowing how much the movie lost and knowing that Singer wouldn't likely have been able to carry on the story in a way that didn't demolish the mythos (if you keep The Kid around, you can't have stories where Lois puts herself in harm's way to be rescued, nor can you put her in a relationship with anyone other than Cyclops or else she becomes an irresponsible mother; if you whack The Kid... oh yeah, THAT'S an uplifting thing to put in a Superman movie!), WB simply did the smart thing in cutting their losses and rebooting.

Nobody's saying it but methinks the ONLY reason we're getting a Superman movie even now is because of the legal decision where the Siegels have the right to sue if WB haven't started production on a new Superman film by such-and-such a date. If that's so, you kinda have to think we wouldn't even be getting what we are if it wasn't for that legal decision.

Last, seriously, how much did negative fan reaction REALLY have to do with the cancellation of the Singer "franchise"? But assuming WB listened to the fans on this one... look, I don't know about the rest of you, but, as a fan, I'll proudly wear whatever role I personally had in derailing the Singerverse as a badge of honor for the rest of my life.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum