Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

+5
lib
non_amos
Father Finian
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
9 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 4 Empty Re: 10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

Post  Father Finian Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 am

Yeah, certainly looks that way. If they pull it off and deliver it should be a great feel good introduction for Superman. Just what he needs.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:After watching "Icarus" last night, I have a feeling I know how the suit is going to come into play, and why.

Hawkman talked a lot about the "Darkness" over-taking people, and how it took something to drive it out of people. That it took something "special" in order to do so. And that leads me to believe Clark donning the suit will be what "inspires" people to drive this "Darkness" out of them. Which means we will see Welling in his suit for more than just a few minutes. No "shirt rip" to end the final episode, no flying shot of him. Welling in suit fighting Darkseid.

Watch the episode again, and pay attention to that part and you'll see.
That's pretty much what I've been thinking too. And I think Lois is going to play into the "pure of heart" thing. (A) Our theory would be consistent with what's been set up with this season's themes (B) it would certainly explain the reasoning for the Lois/Clark-centric episodes we've had lately and (C) it would be consistent with the conclusion of the Legends crossover around which this year's arc is based.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:51 pm

If its how it goes def hope it turns out good.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm

We should maybe start an Apologists On Parade thread for this kind of bullshit but I just saw a few gems over on the Younis page that I just couldn't let pass. All of these literary masterpieces come from http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8987#comments.

#10 | redcapemr on December 11, 2010 8:49pm EST
I tired as well of them taking away Clark's powers; they to start adding instead of subtracting "flying" intsance.
What? The? Fuck?

#25 | Whogaman on December 12, 2010 4:12pm EST
It's like I have been saying: there's too much story to cram into 22 episodes. And the bad part is most of it could be spectacular.

The way they are going with this, Darkseid is taking second place to the Luthor story arc. Don't get me wrong, both are good, and the VRA and the "Wilson Slade/Deathstroke" arc is very interesting. But how many episodes are left? There's so much that can be left hanging, that we might get an ending like "Lois and Clark" had with the baby wrapped in an \S/ shield blanket and fade to black with no explanation or anything.

One can hope that 'Metroville' can decide on what is the most important element in Clark's transition to Superman. Is Darkseid the biggest threat, or is it Lionel Luthor and the Lex clone?

And the rest like flying and the suit are important also. but I can't see it being a satisfying series finale if a lot of this stuff isn't resolved.

I think we will see at least major death before this is over with. might be for shock value and getting Fan boys up in arms. But as I said, is there enough time to bring all these things to a satisfactory conclusion?

Peace Whoga
They've got eleven episodes to go, fucktard. Something tells me they'll manage.

Geeze, and to think these barely literate, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing troglodytes are alleged to speak for "the fans"...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 pm

totally colors some just dont get that they have a story and we dont know as fans how its going to end yet. i am sure they will do it well. they known its the end and they probably will end in a good note.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:06 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:They've got eleven episodes to go, fucktard. Something tells me they'll manage.

Geeze, and to think these barely literate, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing troglodytes are alleged to speak for "the fans"...

You know what the internet has "spawned" in kids these days?

Idiots that "bad mouth" things when they are too stupid to understand them, but somehow feel SUPERIOR at the same time.

Seriously, this world is in for a dismal future, full of uppity morons. Makes me shudder.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
#10 | redcapemr on December 11, 2010 8:49pm EST
I tired as well of them taking away Clark's powers; they to start adding instead of subtracting "flying" intsance.

Tired? Looks like he typed that when he was asleep!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 am

How would anybody know, it's not even fucking written in English!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:48 pm

holy crap.... did i sound like that when i posted my smallville complaint?

ok... i can understand colours anger now. i honestly didn't mean to bash smallville. i just meant that sometimes i'll watch an episode and wonder...was that episode really necessary?

and like i said before, i just hope we don't get a 30 second clip of clark as superman in the last episode. at the same time, i never meant to sound like clark should've become superman in season 3.

lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:25 pm

We all have our frustrations with Smallville from time to time.

What amazes me is how a show that has run so long can't get anything right. I don't understand how it's still on air. Especially when most who are so critical of Smallville can't accept Singerman's failure.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:13 pm

oh sure smallville has had its ups and downs. For every great moment there is a crap moment that can mess things up. But hey i am like if there is more good which i think there is then bad its ok. No show is ever 100% perfect.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:00 am

That's right. It wasn't that long ago I was absolutely begging for Lana to go! Some of the "Clana" stuff we used to endure should've been outlawed by the Geneva Convention!

Christ, I hope she doesn't turn up again. She'll be gutted when they tell her what happened to the Talon!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 am

Was just reading e online spoiler about chloe's return in episode 12. It stated that chloe is likely going to be the one that helps rescue the heroes after there capture.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:16 pm

New interview with souders and peterson:
http://assignmentx.com/2010/exclusive-interview-smallville-producers-brian-wayne-peterson-and-kelly-souders-talk-about-season-10/
Exclusive Interview: SMALLVILLE producers Brian Wayne Peterson and Kelly Souders talk about Season 10
With the end coming near, we get a few answers about where the pre-Superman saga is heading
Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Tweet about it COMMENTS (10) To:
Subject:
Body: Check out this <a href="http://assignmentx.com/2010/exclusive-interview-smallville-producers-brian-wayne-peterson-and-kelly-souders-talk-about-season-10/">post</a> at Assignment-X

By A.C. FERRANTE / Editor in Chief
Posted: December 21st, 2010 / 10:05 AM
Who would have guessed that SMALLVILLE would have survived 10 years and two networks to live on as the longest running Superman-inspired series on television.

From the inspired storytelling that took a young Clark Kent (Tom Welling) and chronicled his formative years before he become Superman, the series has taken many twists and turns, while also telling its own revisionist history of Kryptonians favorite son.

As he gets closer to the Season 10 series finale, executive producers Brian Wayne Peterson and Kelly Souders spoke with ASSIGNMENT X in this exclusive interview about where SMALLVILLE is going (without getting too spoilery in the process).

James Marsters and Tom Welling in SMALLVILLE - Season 10 - "Homecoming" | ©2010 The CW
ASSIGNMENT X: I was under the impression from interviews last year that Zod was intended as a two-year arc?

BRIAN WAYNE PETERSON: Callum [Blue] had a two year contract, but even though we had loved Callum, we felt we had really run the character’s arc out. The exciting news is, we have hopes of having one great Zod episode. Nothing in stone, but we’re hopeful for this year.

KELLY SOUDERS: We know what it’s going to be.

AX: I think the great thing about this season, is officially knowing the show will be over so you can use the entire season to wrap things out.

SOUDERS: A lot of people say, “you have your last season, you don’t have to worry about a pick-up and all the pressure is off …”

PETERSON: We’ve never felt more pressure in our lives.

SOUDERS: After being fans of the show for a decade, we wanted to end this on the highest note possible. I would say we’re running harder and this whole writing staff is running harder than they’ve ever run before.

AX: Did you know you wanted to bring John Schneider back last season, or was it something that happened when you realized Season 10 would be the last season?

PETERSON: We always have known, because the show has gone on for so long, and it really has roots that go back further than a lot of the storylines we’re playing out. So we wanted to end it by bringing back a few of the faces and people who were instrumental in the development of the show.

SOUDERS: We’ve been wanting to bring him back for awhile.

AX: Will John appear in more episodes?

PETERSON: He will reappear a couple more times this season.

John Schneider and Tom Welling in SMALLVILLE - Season 10 - "Lazarus" | ©2010 The CW
AX: What do you think Jonathan Kent’s appearance adds to the show in the final season.

SOUDERS: It’s really to root Clark. Clark has been through a lot, and a lot has changed since the beginning of SMALLVILLE. When we went into this season, the fans of the first nine years will get everything they want out of the tenth season and everything we want out of the tenth season. We wanted to go back to some of the basic aspects of SMALLVILLE and in Clark Kent’s life and there’s nobody that exemplifies that more than Jonathan Kent.

AX: Oliver and Chloe – how does that play out?

SOUDERS: Allison [Mack] was in the premiere and she’ll be back mid-season for a few episodes, and after that, we’re not sure, schedule permitting.

PETERSON: Their relationship in one way or another plays out all season long.

AX: It has to be so tough for you, when you have actors who are partially available for this final season.

PETERSON: We’re just thrilled that Allison was committed enough to do it this year, and she really wanted to send her character off in the best way possible and she worked with us to do that in the best way possible.

AX: Is Lana Lang’s story done? Would you or could you bring her back?

SOUDERS: This season is a lot about Clark confronting the ghosts of his past, and I think he has something to learn from everybody. We’ve never had any problem, when we looked back at these nine seasons, and tried to bring something out of it we’ve seen before, but figured out a new twist. And what part of that impact on Clark’s life hasn’t been resolved yet. I can’t think of anybody who has been on the show where we wouldn’t have a clear idea of what their story is.

AX: You have to have Michael Rosenbaum back as Lex before Season 10 is over. How do you convince him he has to be back by that last episode?

PETERSON: You know what, if it’s roses, we’ve done that. If it’s dinner, we’ve done that.

SOUDERS: We love him, and he’s such a talented actor and brought such life to Lex Luthor.

AX: Are you going to do a one hour or two hour finale?

PETERSON: It will be spectacular. We have some big hopes for it.

James Marsters and Tom Welling in SMALLVILLE - Season 10 - "Homecoming" | ©2010 The CW
AX: Does that mean you’re going to have save up your bank, to be able to do the big thing you want to do?

PETERSON: We have our piggy bank.

SOUDERS: We have been protecting that all along. We have wonderful co-horts at the studio.

AX: Obviously shows like LOST and THE SOPRANOS, they try to find unconventional ways to tell their ending – do you have any surprises? Do you feel SMALLVILLE kind of has to end that makes sense for the entire series or can you be meta and weird and do something strange too?

PETERSON: I think we succeed best when we do both. When we can pull off both, that’s when we’ve done our job. When we do something surprising and satisfying.

SOUDERS: We’re going to try to do it all.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:55 pm

webhead2006 wrote:AX: Is Lana Lang’s story done? Would you or could you bring her back?

SOUDERS: This season is a lot about Clark confronting the ghosts of his past, and I think he has something to learn from everybody. We’ve never had any problem, when we looked back at these nine seasons, and tried to bring something out of it we’ve seen before, but figured out a new twist. And what part of that impact on Clark’s life hasn’t been resolved yet. I can’t think of anybody who has been on the show where we wouldn’t have a clear idea of what their story is.
Wow, talk about evasive! You could read that as "hey, there's a reason you haven't seen her". Anyway. Good find.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Haha yea alot of non answers but the producers always do that in interviews. As for lana bit I don't think kk would be back. And if she was maybe just a cameo in finale.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:38 pm

well just read over at ksite boards it looks like that assignment x interview was old interview possibly around comic con time and not new:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6978279&postcount=52
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Some detaills for the booster gold/blue beetle episode:
www.kryptonsite.com/johnsbooster.htm
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Yay. It's not the Ted Kord Blue Beetle. I am so happy. This is so exciting. Sleep
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Yea though he did say before and that new news that ted@ ould cameo. Though budget wise u think they would go with ted one over jaime since jaime one is armor suit and all. But that is what I can't wait for looks for bb/bg.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:10 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yay. It's not the Ted Kord Blue Beetle. I am so happy. This is so exciting. Sleep

Wasn't there a rumor going around that they are going to make a "Blue Beetle" tv series to take Smallville's place when it ends?

I doubt i would watch it, but I remember hearing about it.

Ah yes! Here it is:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:02 pm

Johns did mention he wants to get a live action series. But who knows if it would be based off what sv is going to do. Or be its own thing. Problably will be its own thing if it does happen like ww an raven if any of these things happen.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:27 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Johns did mention he wants to get a live action series. But who knows if it would be based off what sv is going to do. Or be its own thing. Problably will be its own thing if it does happen like ww an raven if any of these things happen.

Did you see that video? It's from the TV series they were talking about. Did you hear what his mom called him? She called him Jaime. Did you hear who Johns said the Smallville Blue Beetle was? Jaime Reyes.

But yeah, what are the odds they will use a PERFECT "springboard" for a new comic book inspired TV series like Smallville? Better if they just go in "cold", right?

Jesus.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Yes I saw the video before if I remember correct johns made that and aired at comic con as test footage to see if it could be done. If a show ultimately happens I def will check it out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Related to nothing, really, but I've often thought it might be kinda neat to have a TV show revolving around all of the old Charlton characters. Blue Beetle (Kord), the Question, Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt, Captain Atom, et al. Clearly that's now where this hypothetical Jaime Reyes series would be headed but whatever, just spitballing here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next