Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.06, Harvest (spoilers)

3 posters

Go down

10.06, Harvest (spoilers) Empty 10.06, Harvest (spoilers)

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Thread to talk about tonights episode.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

10.06, Harvest (spoilers) Empty Re: 10.06, Harvest (spoilers)

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 pm

Well tonight was the 6th episode of the final season.Tonights episode was titled Harvest. Directed by turi meyer and written by al septien and turi meyer. It turned out to be a pretty interesting halloween themed episode.

Turi and al i thought formed a solid story with the crazed amish folks, and the development of lois and clark's relationship. Plus the stuff going on with tess and the little lex clone was pretty interesting. Definately curious to see where things go there.

The plot of clark getting lois out of town due to the viligate stuff was interesting, in turn it leads lois and clark into more trouble. We get a town infected with blue kryptonite. Which was used in an interesting way to have clark powerless for most of the episode. I didnt mind it at all.

Well all the stuff with lois and clark trapped in the amish town we got tess and alexander. Tess is trying hard to keep the evil that was lex from forming in alexander. But as we saw lex is evil through and through. I liked that little lex started to remember original lex memories and its affected his mind. I thought it was well played.

Also i liked that they started up mentioning this lex clone doesnt have much time, and there is a cure. Though i wonder what is going to happen now. Since tess destroyed that sample. I am sure little lex will figure something out.

Also i liked how the story with with lois and clark and how he was a symbol of light and hope and how he stopped the town folk. I thought the buried alive scene and blue kryptonite rescue was pretty good.

The end scenes with clark giving lois swann's journal and them having scene was nicely played out. i enjoyed they included a real song during the scene. Also with the end with alexander becoming lex and shaving his head was pretty wicked.

Directing, i thought turi did good work tonight. The location shooting was a sight for sore eyes. Its been awhile since we gotten some good location shooting. So it was nice to see some real location/sets. compared to there backlot and all that. The camera angles and set ups were good. Also i thought turi got some solid acting out of tom, erica, and connor(little lex).

So all in all a pretty solid episode, originally thought it would be a pretty typical filler like episode. But it turned out to be alot more there. Solid development with lex plot, lois and clark stuff. Cant wait to see where it all leads too. Really hope they have or are close to scoring michael Rosenbaum back. I definately hope he will be back with where the story is going.

Tom was great tonight with acting. loved the scenes at that start with lois and his powers and crazy stuff. And then he played powerless clark very well. He has stepped up his game alot over the yrs. I think he has become very well with the role.

Erica was a hit tonight, she played lois pretty great. Her speechs with clark at the end and with the townfolks showed good development and emotion. I liked how she played lois. She was also fun with talk about clark and his powers. Its great to have her in the know now.

Cassidy and connor as tess and little lex were also good. Connor was pretty solid tonight. The kid did very well channeling older lex. I am curious to see if connor will be in any more or they will move to another slightly older teen lex. Cassidy played tess pretty solid tonight.

So in the end it was a solid enough episode. Next week preview looks to be fun. Cant wait to see where the story go with the lanes in town. And what goes down with clark, the general and lois. Should be a good one next week.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:50 am

It was a pretty good episode.

Hated the flashes of light when Welling healed. Cheesy as hell.

The Lex bits were the best parts.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:55 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:It was a pretty good episode.

Hated the flashes of light when Welling healed. Cheesy as hell.
Eh, I understand but (A) it's been part of the show for a long time and (B) it's easier to use those kinds of digital effects to transition from "bloody" to "healed" as you can cover the animation with light and stuff. And, if we must, I suppose it could be justified on the grounds of all the solar radiation in his body. Or something.

Even so, I want to watch the episode again but, so far, I'm not thrilled with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:29 am

Yea I don't think its cheesy either. Its been around for yrs so I been find with it. Also another thing I thought the young lex actor did very well last night.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Harvest ratings are up:

www.twitter.com/mattmitovich

#Smallville 'Harvest' scares up 2.93 million viewers (#3 in demos, 1.2)

half a minute ago via ƜberTwitter

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:34 pm

I forget the average ratings for season 9 but I swear to think it was somewhere in the middle or upper 2 millions so the numbers they've been doing lately are quite impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:58 pm

i dont have the actual figures myself but from episodes 3-11/12 we were holding around 2.3-2.5mill range. But ya this season been doing stellar in the ratings. First being officially the last season probably has more viewers poping in to see where the show is going. Second we can also thank fox, nbc, and even abc for having crappy scheduled shows on fri or just reruns. So really this season its cbs is cw main competition. But its great the season is doing good, even though ratings dont really matter all that much since its ending. But its better to go out strong.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:48 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Eh, I understand but (A) it's been part of the show for a long time and (B) it's easier to use those kinds of digital effects to transition from "bloody" to "healed" as you can cover the animation with light and stuff. And, if we must, I suppose it could be justified on the grounds of all the solar radiation in his body. Or something.

Even so, I want to watch the episode again but, so far, I'm not thrilled with it.

Not used multiple times within 10 minutes of each other.

It was over-used, and groan-worthy.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:44 am

Jesus, season ten, what happened? It was all looking so good.

The Lex stuff was great, Lois & Clark in "The Wicker Kids", not so hot. We can only hope they're saving it up for a huge finale.

I enjoy some cheesy dialogue, but Elvira has more natural sounding dialogue than Lois gets lately. It's a credit to Durance that she gets through some of the guff they give her!

.....and talk about the lamest sex scene you ever saw! That had all the red hot passion of a trip to the dentist.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:09 am

Personally didn't see what was wrong with the crazed amish folks part of the episode. I thought it was written well. Developed more of lois and clark love for each other. Plus showed lois how clark is still a hero at heart with no powers. But hey not dissings any ones opinions. We all have stories we like or in the case didn't like.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:53 pm

The A-plot really wasn't anything to write home about. The only way I can justify it is the character stuff between Clark and Lois. But that's okay, this season up to this point has been all 4/5's so a minor clunker episode was probably inevitable.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Yea there is usually a stinker or two per season.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey, at the least it's always easy to look at! Just that after a mediocre ep like this one makes me wonder if 15-18 kick ass episodes instead of 20 or so with a few filler eps a year would make more sense overall.

They've got a slot to fill....and too late now to worry about the episode count on Smallville!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:37 am

Probably but for me I rather like the standard length of shows then having a shorter season and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down