Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

+5
lib
non_amos
Father Finian
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
9 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Empty Re: 10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:46 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Related to nothing, really, but I've often thought it might be kinda neat to have a TV show revolving around all of the old Charlton characters. Blue Beetle (Kord), the Question, Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt, Captain Atom, et al. Clearly that's now where this hypothetical Jaime Reyes series would be headed but whatever, just spitballing here.

These might help:

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 98792B50
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:50 pm

I am curious to see what live action shows do materialize from dce/johns same over on marvel front with loeb and marvel studios.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:28 pm

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Sml_24x36_poster_sloga1f70

That would appear to be the Singerman logo behind Clark up there and then a reversed mirror reflection of the infamous Singerman promo photo on the bottom.

It's interesting how the Singerman reds seem brighter and the Ace Frehley boots appear to have been Photoshopped a little bit.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Its a neat poster. Was going to post it earlier but was at work. It does suck first for clark they reuse old season 5/6 image of clark,. Then also the bottom half of sr promo picture. At least it was only legs/cape and were edited.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 pm

Nice work, and you scooped the Homopage....again.

With the new film coming I have a feeling the Singerman costume design may have to be used as to not cross over with the upcoming version of Superman.

But then again, it'd have to be a whole new outfit anyway. Like I said before, there's no way Welling would fit into Ruth's costume.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Father Finian wrote:Nice work, and you scooped the Homopage....again.

With the new film coming I have a feeling the Singerman costume design may have to be used as to not cross over with the upcoming version of Superman.

But then again, it'd have to be a whole new outfit anyway. Like I said before, there's no way Welling would fit into Ruth's costume.
Yep. At best, I could see the SV outfit being Singerman influenced (and that only because of the premiere) but, tailored fit or not, there's simply no reason to use the Singerman outfit.

We've had so many bashings on Singerman from SV (intentionally written that way or not) that I just can't picture they'd goof up the costume like Singer and Mingenhack did.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Sml_24x36_poster_sloga1f70

That would appear to be the Singerman logo behind Clark up there and then a reversed mirror reflection of the infamous Singerman promo photo on the bottom.

It's interesting how the Singerman reds seem brighter and the Ace Frehley boots appear to have been Photoshopped a little bit.

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Lame
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 pm

would think since the show is over soon they can do what ever they want and not have to worry with what snyder film is doing for looks. i do hate they even using Sr logo or sr suit in any way(even though it was just a prop for premiere). would have been nicer if they used a more recent tom photo and then with photo shop do a reflection on tom image and edit it to look like superman suit peices.

some cool news from kryptonsite:
www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm
Tom Welling Will Direct "Booster!"

Curious as to who is directing the upcoming Geoff Johns-penned Smallville episode "Booster?"

KryptonSite has learned that the episode will be directed by none other than "Superman" himself, Tom Welling!

The episode will likely be airing in April.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:03 am

Coming back to this. It's not my usual method to defend the Younis for anything at any time but in this case, the pic broke during what I assume was night time in Australia. On the other hand, Younis does have a history of being a little slow on the draw with these things.

Apologist Puncher wrote:10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Lame
Much as I disagree with using any vestige of Singerman and/or related photos or iconography, my guess is that, lacking images of Welling in The Suit (my guess would be that the SV costume folks probably haven't finalized it yet much less taken photograph tests of Welling wearing it), the CW's marketing department took an old Welling picture that roughly corresponded the first promo image from that abortion of a movie, matched said image to Welling's posture and then added in some glowing light, smoke and fade out effects in Photoshop. Even so, it's clear that the CW's marketing people have, ahem, issues with the Singerman bikini because those boots have been heavily modified. Plus, I think the cape is shorter. Didn't it extend to just above BJ's heel? I can't remember exactly what that Singerman promo pic looked like, tbh.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:07 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Coming back to this. It's not my usual method to defend the Younis for anything at any time but in this case, the pic broke during what I assume was night time in Australia.

Where do you think I am? And we're still waiting for it to surface over there....

Besides, does Eunuch look like he sleeps much? Nevermind, I'll just drop the compliments in future.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Plus, I think the cape is shorter. Didn't it extend to just above BJ's heel?

His heel?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Father Finian wrote:Where do you think I am? And we're still waiting for it to surface over there....
Good point, actually.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 pm

it does suck at times but dduring some wb days and with cw, they been lazy with posters and look like someone just spent a few mins and made crap. Where you can go to any fan sites and see tons of better fan made posters.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:25 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Father Finian wrote:Where do you think I am? And we're still waiting for it to surface over there....
Good point, actually.

LOL, let's not start giving Eunuch the benefit of the doubt!

He did finally get around to it, I see.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Much as I disagree with using any vestige of Singerman and/or related photos or iconography, my guess is that, lacking images of Welling in The Suit (my guess would be that the SV costume folks probably haven't finalized it yet much less taken photograph tests of Welling wearing it), the CW's marketing department took an old Welling picture that roughly corresponded the first promo image from that abortion of a movie, matched said image to Welling's posture and then added in some glowing light, smoke and fade out effects in Photoshop. Even so, it's clear that the CW's marketing people have, ahem, issues with the Singerman bikini because those boots have been heavily modified. Plus, I think the cape is shorter. Didn't it extend to just above BJ's heel? I can't remember exactly what that Singerman promo pic looked like, tbh.

So then don't use it. Make-up something else. Hell, commission someone to do a CGI drawing of him in a suit! It's not like you get to see the full pitcture ANYWAY.

But to "remind" people of Singerman is FAIL of EPIC PROPORTIONS.

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Millionaire-pwned
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I have a question, and I doubt we'll EVER get an answer to. But here goes:

Why do they use the REAL Superman Logo for Clark's "Super Jacket", but the Singerman "S" on the poster and throughout the show??

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Thenewblur

Then this:

How does it make sense to do this? Even a LITTLE?

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Totally ap they really should have used just a welling phot do a mirror image relfection and then do the whole super suit thing. As for. The s it does suck seeing it used in sv. Personally I like the classic one myself too. Though when they started to do it was probably since wb was hoping sr would be they next big franchise and u know cross pollute the media with simular things. But wished they did stop u know after sr was dud.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I have a question, and I doubt we'll EVER get an answer to. But here goes:

Why do they use the REAL Superman Logo for Clark's "Super Jacket", but the Singerman "S" on the poster and throughout the show??

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 5 Thenewblur

Then this:

How does it make sense to do this? Even a LITTLE?
My guess is that the jacket was made by SV's costume department while the ad comes from the CW's marketing department. I doubt that anybody in any way involved in the production of SV was involved in that ad.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:My guess is that the jacket was made by SV's costume department while the ad comes from the CW's marketing department. I doubt that anybody in any way involved in the production of SV was involved in that ad.

It still makes no sense.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:18 am

Father Finian wrote:LOL, let's not start giving Eunuch the benefit of the doubt!
Are you just saying that because every single time I do, I always 100% of the time live to regret it because he's such a tool?

If so... again, good point.

He did finally get around to it, I see.
Sometimes you don't need to read something to know how it turns out. Let's see here, Bailey will whine about not getting hired to write an SV episode, Whoga will continue obnoxiously throwing the word "Metroville" around for the 9 billionth time hoping this will be the time it finally catches on and enters into the fandom lexicon (but it won't because nobody gives a shit about him) and our dear old friend Terminal will post yet another ode to Common. Steve Wright will "reluctantly" admit that he enjoyed Singerstalkerman but that Welling is kinda sorta okayish sometimes... but only on TV. The entire thing will become an acidic SV bashfest that would get the people involved banned were the subject related to anything else and Younisboy will only intervene when the subject gets turned back around on everyones' "beloved" Singerman, issuing warnings and threats about saying un-nice things about Singer or his Blandon BJ.

Am I anywhere near the target on any of this?

I swear, how pathetic is it those knuckle-dragging cretins are that predictable?

Apologist Puncher wrote:It still makes no sense.
I believe it was Tom Clancy who once said "what's the difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."

He's so right.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:31 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:My guess is that the jacket was made by SV's costume department while the ad comes from the CW's marketing department. I doubt that anybody in any way involved in the production of SV was involved in that ad.

It still makes no sense.

None. Probably due to today's "cut & paste" mentality of putting together promotional work like this. A single artistic thematic direction simply doesn't filter through to various departments. Lack of time and money and an overall team approach.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:36 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Am I anywhere near the target on any of this?

Spot on, almost psychic!

I know that generally we're more sympathetic to Smallville, but when it goes wrong like the above points, we say so. A lot different to the closed mindedness elsewhere. Believe me, if the Singerman costume is used in the finale of Smallville, I'll be rioting in the streets!

The funny thing about swright was for a while there it seemed like he was starting to see common sense. Obvioulsy "Darth Baileyous" dragged him back to the dark side.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Father Finian wrote:I know that generally we're more sympathetic to Smallville, but when it goes wrong like the above points, we say so.
Yes, we are fair and balanced here.

The funny thing about swright was for a while there it seemed like he was starting to see common sense. Obvioulsy "Darth Baileyous" dragged him back to the dark side.
People make their own decisions in life. If being a mod really means that much to the idiot, his reason and objectivity went out the window a long time ago.

I couldn't resist finally checking out the comments. A few surprises, actually. One nitwit whined about how using the Singerman emblem and reflection "tarnishes [Singerman]'s legacy". Yeah, cuz the movie itself didn't do that or anything, no no.

But my favorite comment?

some douchenozzle Apologist wrote:#25 | kal916 on January 5, 2011 2:32pm EST
I think its cool. It also is ironic that tom welling could have actually been in sr suit to begin with because he was asked first to be in the movie before routh. So I think its cool to see it .come full circle that after tom declined the movie role he ultimately will wear the suit anyways. I hope he is asked to be in the new superman movie it would be cool to see him. Even if he can't act the best.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9059#comments

Oh really? Welling was asked to be in Singerman, was he? Gee, that runs counter to every single spy report, every single statement from Bryan Singer and I think even statements from Welling himself, all of which unanimously agree that Singer skipped right over him and went straight to other candidates. Back when Singerman was first announced and getting underway, I was actually in pretty regular contact with Craig Byrne from K-Site. He made it clear to me that Welling was never under consideration. What, were all of those people lying??

Mind you, I'm happy that Welling wasn't in Singerman because (A) he couldn't have saved that abortion of a movie and (B) it would only have ruined (or at least decreased) his chances of suiting up in a real Superman film. But that isn't the point. The point is that he wasn't even asked. In retrospect, the one good decision Singer made was using his own cast rather than fucking up SV's.

Several people over on the Younis page whined and complained about not seeing Welling in The Suit. So hmm. The final version of The Suit probably hasn't even been designed or tailored yet (even if they use the Singerman bikini, they'd still need to tailor it to Tom's frame rather than skinny boy Routh and his swimmer's build) and for certain there haven't been any promo pics taken of Welling in the final version.

But even if The Suit was finished, even if it's been finalized... is the network seriously going to release images of Welling in the costume right now? THINK, YOU ROUTH-LOVING, APOLOGIST NITWITS!! That's the show's entire money shot, why would they waste it on a promo image nobody will remember in two weeks? The Singerman production released a pic of BJ Blandon in the wetsuit early on because that was part of the movie's marketing. Singerman, as a movie, didn't hinge on seeing BJ finally appear in the costume (thank Zod for small favors). But SV is building toward that moment and so releasing images of it now would only ruin the moment when it finally happens.

Now you see why we call them Apologists; if they had any ability to think rationally, they would've recognized Singerman's myriad flaws and would've abandoned that floating turd of a movie and everyone associated with it long ago.

And lest anyone still be in doubt as to Fuhrer Younis and Herr Bailey's fairness and objectivity, check out a comment they've allowed to remain:

some other douchenozzle Apologist wrote:#18 | thciceman on January 5, 2011 12:48pm EST
Lol, that's the same observation that hundreds of people have made here and in other forums. They insist o using the CR logo, the SR logo any given day, theyve even used both versions within the same episode. The answer for me is the quite simple. Sounders and Peterson are so damn STUPID enough to make this kind of crap happen.

Lol, now i'll wait how long it takes for my post to get censored and eliminated, only cuz I call them both as i just did. Who knows maybe they share or have some intervention on this forum.

Let's cut the shit, if that had remark had disparaged Bryan Singer, BJ The Bartender, Kate Fivehead Bosworth or anyone else associated with Singerman, at minimum the post would've been deleted. Hell, some SV fangirl's comment got deleted and all I can be sure of is that she crushed on Tom Welling! I guess she should've remembered who the Younis page staff have and have not approved as lust objects.

Good grief, this entire thing is a mess, NOBODY has time to go through all of this bullshit point by point so I hope what I've said here is enough on its own.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:43 pm

So true colors. And I agree with costume bit. They probably havebnt finished it. And we know from producers the sr suit was only used as a prop for first episode. And if they gone through the trouble for yrs with there own suits for other heroes they would make there own super suit. My guess they may take some design elements from it to craft there own. But I do hope in the end its there own thing. Heck if any costumes are being made right now its probably for the booster gold/blue beetle ones since production on that episode should be happen in next few weeks.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:47 pm

webhead2006 wrote:And we know from producers the sr suit was only used as a prop for first episode.
They actually came out and said that? It's an obvious guess but I didn't know that had been confirmed.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next