Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 6 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I agree with you non_amos. Those bitches will whine about BJ not being in a Singerman sequel, but a real life human interest story doesn't garner ANY responses?

Fuck those shitty little bitches right in their sloppy asses.

Actually that article now has 1 post. ONE! And it's by 'swrighty', who feels that the news was coming so fast that the article got bumped to page 2 & needs to be back on the main page. Gee, do you reckon he read my post?! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 6 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm

non_amos wrote:Actually that article now has 1 post. ONE! And it's by 'swrighty', who feels that the news was coming so fast that the article got bumped to page 2 & needs to be back on the main page. Gee, do you reckon he read my post?! Wink

That ball-less assclown was probably instructed to post on there by his "Master".

Speaking of which, he must have been told it was time to start the Singerman back-pedaling:

#30 | Steve Wright on March 21, 2011 11:33am EST
I really don't think this is going to be a big dumb action movie. Chris Nolan and his team are the ones that came up with this story. They have yet to make a big dumb action movie. Snyder sounds extremely enthusiastic and he is saying all the right things in my book.

Of course, if the first shot of Cavil in the suit sucks like the one with BR then it's all for naught..but, right now I am EXTREMELY excited about this.

MOD HAT ON - Please keep the comments about what fans are saying according to their handles out of the discussion. It only enflames. Thanks.

It's happening.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 6 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 pm

I still think there's merit to the idea of registering handles over there, fomenting an Apologist rebellion and doing our part to sweep out the trash. "Now it's YOUR turn, losers!"

This just goes back to the main point that it was inaccurate to ever call Younis (if no one else) an Apologist; he just repeats what he's told by whoever pays him the most. He's a whore, not an Apologist (not that I know which is worse).

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I still think there's merit to the idea of registering handles over there, fomenting an Apologist rebellion and doing our part to sweep out the trash. "Now it's YOUR turn, losers!"

Start'er up, and I'm sure others will follow.

This just goes back to main point that it inaccurate to ever call Younis (if no one else) an Apologist; he just repeats what he's told by whoever pays him the most. He's a whore, not an Apologist (not that I know which is worse).

A whore like Eunuch is worse.

An Apologist is a brain-dead idiot who repeats the same falsehoods ad nauseum, refusing to see reality for what it is. Reality. But a whore will actually PRETEND to be an Apologist, or a "realist", or a monkey taking a shit on a framed Warhol print if the price is right.

And there is NOTHING worse than a spineless sell-out.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:06 am

Apologist jackoff wrote:#2 | Supereyes on March 23, 2011 3:52am EST
I do like Kevin Costner, I enjoy most of his films, then again, it just occured to me, I forgot how terrible his portrayal of Robin Hood was. However, I think he's too famous though. I could see him as a Jonathan Kent figure type father, but when you have Henry Cavill cast as Superman, and a big hollywood name in the movie, it feels like people will be more excited about seeing Kevin Costner play Jonathan Kent, and less anticipated for Henry Cavill's Superman...unless Lex is played by a bigger star ....let us hope that it will be Billy Zane. So far, I'm only picturing the biggest star in this movie will be Kevin Costner, and his character is only a supporting character.

I also enjoyed Kevin Costner's Dances with Wolves, it's an excellent picture, despite a few tiny flaws, Kevin Costner's... grammar:

"What is your names?"

Just hope he doesn't speak like that as Jonathan Kent, "Where do you live at?"

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9441#comments

Costner's too big a star? He's too distracting? Shit, do these people even listen to themselves anymore or do they just parrot everything Richard Donner says?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 6 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist jackoff wrote:#2 | Supereyes on March 23, 2011 3:52am EST
I do like Kevin Costner, I enjoy most of his films, then again, it just occured to me, I forgot how terrible his portrayal of Robin Hood was. However, I think he's too famous though. I could see him as a Jonathan Kent figure type father, but when you have Henry Cavill cast as Superman, and a big hollywood name in the movie, it feels like people will be more excited about seeing Kevin Costner play Jonathan Kent, and less anticipated for Henry Cavill's Superman...unless Lex is played by a bigger star ....let us hope that it will be Billy Zane. So far, I'm only picturing the biggest star in this movie will be Kevin Costner, and his character is only a supporting character.

I also enjoyed Kevin Costner's Dances with Wolves, it's an excellent picture, despite a few tiny flaws, Kevin Costner's... grammar:

"What is your names?"

Just hope he doesn't speak like that as Jonathan Kent, "Where do you live at?"

Costner's too big a star? He's too distracting? Shit, do these people even listen to themselves anymore or do they just parrot everything Richard Donner says?

They also don't have a lot of room to be talking about 'grammar' either. I think we've all seen examples of their 'grammar' yet they point out someone else' grammar, even a Kevin Costner?! That's really the 'pot calling the kettle black' now isn't it? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm

[quote="thecolorsblend"]
Apologist jackoff wrote:#26 | RalphTurano on March 23, 2011 5:06pm EST
Liam Neeson would be really cool. This may sound weird but the other day I was picturing a silver haired George Clooney as Jor-El. There's something about his voice that I think would work well as a disembodied floating head!

I hope like hell that isn't the version of Jor-El Snyder uses. That's one aspect of the Donnerverse I'll definitely be happy to see go away, hopefully forever.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 pm

[quote="thecolorsblend"]
thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist jackoff wrote:#26 | RalphTurano on March 23, 2011 5:06pm EST
Liam Neeson would be really cool. This may sound weird but the other day I was picturing a silver haired George Clooney as Jor-El. There's something about his voice that I think would work well as a disembodied floating head!

I hope like hell that isn't the version of Jor-El Snyder uses. That's one aspect of the Donnerverse I'll definitely be happy to see go away, hopefully forever.

Ah, the words "As if the previous films never existed" are just too difficult for some "people" to comprehend.

Fucking idiots.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:14 pm

Moron (may or may not be an Apologist) wrote:#2 | lovecats on March 24, 2011 11:18am EST
To be honest I hope DC\WB loose this battle. CD\WB use the image of Superman to make money but don’t really do much with him. Superman is no LONGER the flagship for CD|WB, it is Batman.
The reason I want DC\WB to loose is so that they might realize what they once had, and start to treat him with more respect.
I just don’t get it. Why would they not use the most recognizable character in the world to its full potential?
My two cents

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9448#comments

One barely knows where to start with this but I'll give it a shot anyway.

CD? Wtf is "CD"? Does he perhaps mean "DC"? With so few brain cells to work with, I guess I should be happy he can even breathe though.

Next. Okay, let's go worst case scenario on this. Let's say that WB and DC lose the rights to everything created for Action Comics #1. Apparently WB and DC deserve to "loose" those things because they haven't done enough to promote Superman (I guess three ongoing monthlies, 2.5 animated features in the past 12 months and a big budget reboot don't count), let's look at what the Siegel parasites are gaining, shall we?

A dude in a red cape with an unrecognizable S-emblem who can leap 1/8th of a mile.

No Perry, no Jimmy, arguably no Krypton, for damn sure no Kryptonite, no Kent parents, no Lex, no Parasite, no Brainiac, no Bizarro, no Supergirl, no FOS, no Cat Grant, no Ron Troupe, etc.

Basically, the Siegels will get the Superman name, the character as he was introduced in Action Comics #1, Lois Lane and possibly (although not definitely) Krypton.

NOBODY wants to read "Superman" stories about essentially a Golden Age character nowadays. For their part, DC can't really do much with the extraneous items I mentioned above without Superman and Lois. So basically, the property will be dead.

THAT is what these idiots want???

If DC loses Superman, they won't have a chance to rectify their "mistake". Show's over, they won't be able to continue with ANYTHING.

Further, if they lose the rights to everything introduced in Action Comics #1 (apart from the abortion of justice such a thing represents), there's no incentive for them to license the stuff they do own the rights to. Why help the Siegels after all this? I wouldn't do it. If I were in charge on the WB/DC side, I'd put a plaque above my door saying "from my cold, dead hands" just to get the message across. I wouldn't care how much money they offered me.

Anybody who doesn't see a problem with this doesn't understand what the fuck this is going to do to Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Ya what stupid comments there about the rights. If I recall you are right the heirs only would get the golden age look/powers of superman, clark kent/lois lane and they are reporters. Certain aspects of krpyton and kalel crashing to earth. But they don't have any rights to the supporting characters like perry/jimmy/etc.... dp cast. And no krpytonite or any of the major supervillains. . So ya pretty much would have to recreate superman from strach. And I doubt anyone would want to do that or it being half as successful as superman has been for past 70+ Yrs. I still hope with ms siegel death and her living family and the. Shusters heirs. Will just make some dam agreement with wb/dc. That pays them off a fair percentage of yrly profits and wb/dc keeps the rights to do what ever with supes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Apologists live in utter denial. You guys all know that so no need to establish too much there. But one thing they maintain, to a "man", is that Singerman somehow made money at the box office. How? By comparing the worldwide gross to Singerman's production budget. I don't accept that (and clearly WB doesn't either) but, whatever, it's been their talking point for years now.

But now that Zack Snyder is directing the reboot, one thing that gets kicked around a lot is that Watchmen lost money. But... if you compare the worldwide gross to Watchmen's production budget, it "made money".

So can someone explain this to me? How is it that Watchmen lost money (even though the worldwide figure exceeds the production budget) while Singerman was a big hit (but only because the worldwide figure exceeds the production budget)?

See, this is why they're called Apologists and we're called Realists. We deal with facts, not more bullshit delusions.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 am

Saw Sucker Punch tonight. As many of you already know, there's more excitement and spectacle in any average Sucker Punch trailer than there is in the entirety of Singerman. Of course, Apologists recognize this and, motivated by the same penile envy that causes them to bash on SV at all times no matter what, have smack-talked Sucker Punch every chance they get.

(A) They're pissed off that Singerman 2- Emo-stalker of Steel got thrown out and (B) Zack Snyder, whatever else may happen with his film, will blow Singerman's doors off just from the opening credits.

So, naturally, it's open season on Sucker Punch.

So does Sucker Punch really suck or are the Apologists wrong as usual? Gee, what do YOU think?

Sucker Punch is a fun ride with lots of fights and effects. It's a popcorn movie that (mostly) doesn't take itself too seriously. Also, the entire plot revolves around situations that require scantily dressed woman with large ta-ta's to run around shooting guns so, of course, the Apologists are uncomfortable about that because they find that "animistic". Or maybe they're uncomfortable because we call it "heterosexual", I dunno. Pick one.

Is Sucker Punch the greatest film ever made? Big duh. But is it worth your money? Yes, no doubt about it. The critics and Apologists are bashing a fun action movie for unapologetically being a fun action movie. I'm praising a fun action movie for unapologetically being a fun action movie. You tell me which seems like the more intellectually credible review of the movie.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I plan on seeing it, since I choose to use my own eyes and brain to determine if a film is "good" or "bad".

Only ignorant sheeple let "critics" decide what you like or don't like.

Fuck sheeple.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 pm

It's been a while since I've ragged on our inferiors from the Younis page. Entirely too long a time, in my opinion. So here we go.

The context here is a TV Guide article (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallville-Exclusive-Away-1031454.aspx) about Welling finally wearing The Suit in the finale. As ever, everybody's keeping it mostly to themselves. But, c'mon, yeah, of course he'll wear The Suit.

But that's not enough for some people.

Various Apologist douchebags wrote:
#1 | Johnjones on April 5, 2011 7:12pm EST
Obviously he will, in some capacity. The obvious conclusion is to do a modern take on Christopher Reeve's first appearance as Superman, and have Welling fly out of the fortress in a similar fashion. I've said that would be the end since the Fortress was created back in Season 5.

P.S. I love the photo above and what it implies. Very subtle nod to the cape with Lois' scarf blowing in the wind.
#2 | KalEl1017 on April 5, 2011 7:32pm EST
I wish they would just recreate that exact scene from Superman the Movie. Saves Lois from a helicopter/plane crash in front of everyone in Metropolis.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9542#comments

As for me, I wish that Superman-illiterate, Donner-obsessed future Singers like the ones above would go fuck themselves. Both of those ideas are fucking horrible. Luckily we don't have to worry about the SV showrunners making Superman's debut into yet more Donner idolization.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Goes to show how DEEP their love for the Superman character goes, doesn't it?

"hay letz do wat da donnor did aready n copy it n it be soooo awezum!!!"

Fucking Apologists.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Gee, why don't we have Welling spin the world around to make time go backwards so he can save Lois' life?! Might as well, right? It would be SWELL. Oh, & 'orange juice, freshly squeezed' too please? Wink

Last edited by non_amos on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Here's some good one's from their "BJ Looks Back" post:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9533#comments
#16 | mjyextreme on April 5, 2011 12:32am EST
kinda feel WB owes him one, they didnt even keep him in the loop

They OWE him? Giving him his shot and him FUCKING IT UP wasn't enough? They needed to coddle his talent-less ass?

Eat a dick.

#12 | Pumkinman on April 4, 2011 10:15pm EST
I would love to see Brandon reprise the role for a justice league franchise, but I think they might go with someone who looks a little older. That would be a good idea to push though.

Just when the truth finally hits them in their fat, ugly faces, they hear tentative news about a JLA film and their delusions kick right back in.

I wish I could slap, or get a chance to confirm my name here, one of these asshole's.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 pm

This shit is Reason #3,015 why the Justice League of America film should be a shared universe between the characters established up to now. Anything less allows the insane Welling, Routh, Manganiello or whoever else fans from once again masturbating over the idea of their guy being in the movie.

And this isn't to speak of the cock-smoking fucktarded nitwits who have to suggest Nathan Fillion for every motherfucking comic book movie that comes along...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9536#comments

Going back to the Welling/phone booth pics, some Apologists are bitching about there even being a phone booth. After all, tee hee hee, pay phones aren't as common anymore and, durrrrr, once again SV is fucking everything up.

Some other people bitched and whined about the Blur outfit fitting under Clark's regular clothes. Yeah, cuz SV is the only Superman adaptation there's ever been where Clark wears a costume under his plain clothes. Here's one from the "man" himself...

Lead Merchandising Whore wrote:#6 | Steve Younis on April 5, 2011 12:57am EST
So he wears this jacket underneath his Clark Kent clothes?
Few of them hold other Superman media to that standard... but the two or three who did ALL pissed on BJ Routh and his Ace Frehley boots from Singerman! In the old days, that would've been enough for INSTA-BAN (to quote Jett from Batman On Film) but now that the Singerman gravy train has dried up, I guess Younisboy takes that shit less seriously now.

The reason I get so pissed off about this is because douchetards like Younis, swrong, Terminal, Herr Bailey and others from the Younis page are all presumed to speak "for the fans". Well fuck you but they don't now and they never HAVE spoken for ME.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9536#comments

Going back to the Welling/phone booth pics, some Apologists are bitching about there even being a phone booth. After all, tee hee hee, pay phones aren't as common anymore and, durrrrr, once again SV is fucking everything up.

Some other people bitched and whined about the Blur outfit fitting under Clark's regular clothes. Yeah, cuz SV is the only Superman adaptation there's ever been where Clark wears a costume under his plain clothes. Here's one from the "man" himself...

Lead Merchandising Whore wrote:#6 | Steve Younis on April 5, 2011 12:57am EST
So he wears this jacket underneath his Clark Kent clothes?
Few of them hold other Superman media to that standard... but the two or three who did ALL pissed on BJ Routh and his Ace Frehley boots from Singerman! In the old days, that would've been enough for INSTA-BAN (to quote Jett from Batman On Film) but now that the Singerman gravy train has dried up, I guess Younisboy takes that shit less seriously now.

The reason I get so pissed off about this is because douchetards like Younis, swrong, Terminal, Herr Bailey and others from the Younis page are all presumed to speak "for the fans". Well fuck you but they don't now and they never HAVE spoken for ME.

Because he knows which side of the Bros. Warners ass he needs to kiss now. But still "open season" on Smallville, and he is enjoying throwing his own weak-ass "shot's" in.

Guy's a pathetic douche.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:48 am

The problem with shooting your mouth off about stuff you don't understand is that there's ALWAYS someone out there who knows more than you do.

As it goes for Superman comics at least, odds are pretty fucking good I am that someone. So for once, I'll actually destroy this queer "point" by "point".

Apologist Knuckle-Dragger wrote:URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9542#comments

#11 | evh100 on April 6, 2011 12:12am EST
you know what? to me, if he never puts on the suit..i wouldn't care. and for one reason only...this isn't the Superman we all know. it's an alternate reality of the Superman mythos.
Can someone define "the mythos" for me? SV has poked a toe out of line with the "canon" at times. At other times, it has pissed all over "tradition". But I'm hard-pressed to think of anything from the "mythos" that SV is in violation of.

it's like Earth 3 or 4 in the comics or something.
Earth 3 is essentially a mirror image of Earth 1. The heroes of Earth 1 are villains on Earth 3 and vice versa.

Earth 4 is where DC stowed the Charlton characters (Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, The Question, Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt, etc).

So wtf is this guy talking about?!

it reminds me of the Elseworlds title that DC had (which was somewhat similar to Marvel's "What If.." title.)
You heard it here first, folks. Some douchewipe is reminded of a comic book DC might have published that could have been similar to Marvel's "What If?" That's why SV "isn't Superman".

All i know is that Clark Kent didn't spend years fighting crime in Metropolis as "the blur." A month or two maybe, but by then he knew that he needed to take a more (for lack of a better word) drastic approach to fighting crime in Metropolis'.
World of Metropolis #3.
The current Sucky Origin continuity.
A pretty often over-looked part of the Silver Age continuity (referenced frequently).

ALL of these show Clark/Superboy operating in secret, an anonymous hero who zips around performing rescues, foiling crimes, etc.

Fuck with me again. I DARE you.

I always thought
That'd be a nice change for this dimwit, actually.

that a cool episode (in order to show the differences between smallville and the actual comic book universe) would be to have the classic version of Superman that we all know
Which "classic" version? A Donnerized Superman? Singerman? Dean Cain? The Superman Gerard Christopher's Superboy would've become? The Bronze Age Superman? Byrne Age? Birthright?

he could have been in a battle with darkseid and somehow he was teleported to the smallville universe. he meets up with welling's clark kent and hilarity insues!
"Hilarity ensues"? Bailey, is that you?

well, you know what i mean.
I'd have to kill a few hundred brain cells in order for that to be true.

it could've worked.
If by "could've worked" this puke means "would've been fucking retarded", yeah... it could've worked.

There's this fucking moronic idea out there that "all opinions are equal". Well, no, motherfucker. No they're not. Love or hate the series, I don't care, but the one thing you can't say is that it somehow destroys the mythos. The mythos are in tact, they're just presented in a way that people who've watched Christopher Reeve too many times aren't familiar with.

So who's opinion should Peterson and Souders take to heart? Some semi-literate, mouth-breathing oaf from The Younis Den of Apologists? Or someone who's read Superman comics all his life and has affinity for the character and his history?

Gee, tough fucking choice!

But any moron who goes to the Younis page just might think 'durrrr, THIS must be what 'the fans' all think!"
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:20 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
that a cool episode (in order to show the differences between smallville and the actual comic book universe) would be to have the classic version of Superman that we all know
Which "classic" version? A Donnerized Superman? Singerman? Dean Cain? The Superman Gerard Christopher's Superboy would've become? The Bronze Age Superman? Byrne Age? Birthright?

Yes.

....and they'll either miss it when it's over or try and rewrite history by painting it as a (decade long) failure.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

More? Ugh. Yeah. There's more.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9544#comments

Apologist Prick wrote:#19 | Connor85 on April 6, 2011 9:27am EST
This kind of typical Smallville storytelling is why I'm glad there are only 5 episodes left. I can't take much more of this.
Suicide is a perfectly valid option in your case.

Singer Fanboy wrote:#20 | robertgillis on April 6, 2011 10:11am EST
*snip*
But my biggest complaint about the show – always has been – is that Clark is not the inspiration for the other heroes.
That hasn't been in continuity since 1986, prick. Why? Because Crisis On Infinite Earths merged several of DC's alternate universes into a single universe. That includes Earth-2. So for the JSA (formerly of Earth-2) to not be wiped out of existence entirely and for them to exist as the elder statesmen superheroes of the DCU, they have to predate Superman.

Superman being the first superhero to come along in the DCU has been out of continuity for decades. But I'm sure this comics expert already knew THAT.

More from the Singer Fanboy wrote:I get that you can’t please everyone.
The hardest to please remain the most ignorant of the source material. Such is life.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:46 pm

MORE infinite wisdom from that same link you provided:

#5 | Sabaoth on April 6, 2011 12:52am EST
Oh great.
Sorry to hear Stamp did not want to appear in it.
At least it won't happen in the final episode which would really, really suck!
But you have to remember that this series made for young women in particular, who are not Superman fans or fangirls..they are in it for the romance and the relationship issues; I'm surprised Darkseid has not manifested as a twenty something year old guy with washboard abs, and has started putting moves on Kara....oh wait...we still have five episodes left..this could happen!
I can imagine the manic response to this news elsewhere,
" Oh yes!!! Awesome! OMFG!
That sounds so iconic!
That is the best news I ever heard, CLOIS is so great!
I really love how Tom and Erica look together.
Tom looks so cute. Erica is so pretty. They really make a nice couple, I'm so jealous!
I'm so happy!
I can't wait for the final episode so we can see the wedding!
Who cares about the costume, this is about Clark and his relationship with his true love!"

So Smallville isn't really for Superman fans?! It's just for the usual 'Gossip Girl' crowd?! Complete with 'teenage angst'?! Well, I guess you can add one more 'non-fan' to this list: this clown!

Here's another nugget:

#24 | eldarthyvaderinsky on April 6, 2011 12:30pm EST
Didn´t giving Kryptonian superpowers contribute to Jonathan Kent´s premature heart-attack?

After that I sure as hell wouldn´t want my girlfriend getting them..

Stupid stupid stupid show.

So much potential down the drain..

Probably one of the few 'words of wisdom':

#27 | univofmiami on April 6, 2011 1:58pm EST
People are hating again???

(I cannot understand how people can defend All-Star Superman. I've read just about every Superman book ever written, and that is very close to being the absolute worst portrayal of Superman I've ever seen. The only redeeming quality of the book was the fantastically well-written Lex Luthor. Everything else in the book was absolute garbage.)

People are totally bias when it comes to Smallville. When some one gives a negative opinion about Snyder's new movie. The majority RIGHT AWAY defends the movie but any news about Smallville....majority of you BITCH & CRY and want to start a boycott or similar to that nature. I love anything that has to do with Superman. I'm pro SNYDER (MOS) fan but I love Smallville. Smallville is my favorite modernization of the man of steel. All of you haters freaking complain about the Smallville is not canon with its characters? From the supernatural like "witches & magic" all of you bitched about it. Guess what!!! Smallville has been faithful in using story material that has appeared in the comics from the golden age to mainstream. Superman has fought with Demons, Devils, Witches, Angels.....even knocking on Heaven's Door and you guys complain. Now they are mentioning that Lois Lane might have Clark's certain power or powers in the coming episodes. You guys are bitching? This is nothing new or for anyone to get upset about. It's been done in the DC universe. Even Lois Lane sister Lucy has been given powers and named "Superwoman". There's no pleasing any of you guys.

(Really? Seriously? Of all the plot devices in the Superman mythos, they choose this one again? Been there, done that.)

Correction...it hasn't been done yet with Lois in the Smallville Universe. Just with Lana Lang in both DC & Smallville respected universes.

Parentheses added to differentiate between the apologist's comments & the realist's rebuttal.

Duh apologists at duh Homopage, never one to disappoint! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 pm

non_amos wrote:MORE infinite wisdom from that same link you provided:

#5 | Sabaoth on April 6, 2011 12:52am EST
Oh great.
Sorry to hear Stamp did not want to appear in it.
At least it won't happen in the final episode which would really, really suck!
But you have to remember that this series made for young women in particular, who are not Superman fans or fangirls..they are in it for the romance and the relationship issues; I'm surprised Darkseid has not manifested as a twenty something year old guy with washboard abs, and has started putting moves on Kara....oh wait...we still have five episodes left..this could happen!
I can imagine the manic response to this news elsewhere,
" Oh yes!!! Awesome! OMFG!
That sounds so iconic!
That is the best news I ever heard, CLOIS is so great!
I really love how Tom and Erica look together.
Tom looks so cute. Erica is so pretty. They really make a nice couple, I'm so jealous!
I'm so happy!
I can't wait for the final episode so we can see the wedding!
Who cares about the costume, this is about Clark and his relationship with his true love!"

So Smallville isn't really for Superman fans?! It's just for the usual 'Gossip Girl' crowd?! Complete with 'teenage angst'?! Well, I guess you can add one more 'non-fan' to this list: this clown!

Duh apologists at duh Homopage, never one to disappoint! Laughing

Here's ALL you need to know about THAT piece of shit:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9533#comments

#15 | Sabaoth on April 5, 2011 12:05am EST
Man, it hurt to listen to this. It really did.
For all its flaws, I love Superman Returns.
Although I'm anticipating the new Superman, I feel sad that we will not get to see Brandon in the role again.
I really like Brandon and his obvious love for the character.
I saw a video interview of him on latinoreview earlier and he looked a little down, so I was glad to hear him sound optimistic and upbeat.
I hope Dylan Dog does well and that his career takes off again.
I wish him all the best.

Anyone who can read this, then read him trying to decide WHAT is for Superman fans should laugh, then curse his slutty mother for shitting him out into OUR world.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum