Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Man on Batman- Kevin Smith's podcast

2 posters

Go down

Fat Man on Batman- Kevin Smith's podcast Empty Fat Man on Batman- Kevin Smith's podcast

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:53 am

Not sure how many of you know about this but basically Kevin Smith had a couple of BTAS alumni on his podcasts. Dini, Timm, Arleen Sorkin, Tara Strong and freaking Mark Hamill. Haven't even bothered with Sorkin or Strong but it's up for grabs which of the other three is the best. The Bruce Timm thing from SDCC is a hoot but I guess I hadn't recognized how much a driving force Dini was for the show but, man oh man, he's got a lot of great shit to say. And as far as Mark Hamill is concerned, the guy is an anecdote with feet. He barely made reference to Star Wars at all and he STILL rocked two separate episodes telling all kinds of stories.

Anyway, it ends up that Smith is actually the weakest link in his own podcast. There are times when he needs to just STFU and lead the adults do the talking. But anyway, here's the link.

Fatman on Batman- http://smodcast.com/episodes/fat-man-on-batman-1-paul-dini

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Fat Man on Batman- Kevin Smith's podcast Empty Re: Fat Man on Batman- Kevin Smith's podcast

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:10 am

Episode 26- http://smodcast.com/episodes/grant-morrison-bat-bard
Episode 27- http://smodcast.com/episodes/grant-morrison-bat-christ

Smith recently did some episodes with Grant Morrison. One thing I thought was really cool was Morrison explaining his view of continuity. In his view, basically everything "happened". Admittedly, this kind of pisses all over The New 52 five year timeline but it works. Starting at about 32:10 in episode 27, Morrison breaks down how he sees the entire history fitting together starting in 1939 and going right on through to last month. Don't know about the rest of you but he makes it all play for me. Both episodes are definitely worth listening to but I'd wager the larger portion of Batman-oriented discussion is in episode 27.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Fat Man on Batman- Kevin Smith's podcast Empty Re: Fat Man on Batman- Kevin Smith's podcast

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 am

Oh yeah, this has inspired me to read Morrison's run on Batman. Right now, the plan is go through _Batman_ and then read the other comics as necessary to fill in the story. His run begins at Batman #655 and I'm up to #668. Morrison won't be remembered for how quickly he gets to the point though so I've got quite a lot ahead of me. But so far (A) I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would and (B) Damian isn't as horrible as I remembered... but it's early going yet.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Episode 26- http://smodcast.com/episodes/grant-morrison-bat-bard
Episode 27- http://smodcast.com/episodes/grant-morrison-bat-christ

Smith recently did some episodes with Grant Morrison. One thing I thought was really cool was Morrison explaining his view of continuity. In his view, basically everything "happened". Admittedly, this kind of pisses all over The New 52 five year timeline but it works. Starting at about 32:10 in episode 27, Morrison breaks down how he sees the entire history fitting together starting in 1939 and going right on through to last month. Don't know about the rest of you but he makes it all play for me. Both episodes are definitely worth listening to but I'd wager the larger portion of Batman-oriented discussion is in episode 27.

It was on these forums somewhere & I'm too lazy right now to look it up but it basically occurred right about the time the 'new 52' was set to begin so it was probably coming up now on a couple of years ago. Anyway, the post I'm referring to showed the new 52 versions of Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman looking into some sorta dimensional portal & not only seeing themselves but probably nearly every character that ever existed in the pre-Crisis version of DC. Of course Superman had red trunks via the portal version. So it's like the new versions were looking at 'another reality'. To me that struck me as DC already providing themselves with a way out in case the new 52 flopped. One could also argue that in Superman's case another reason would be if the legal problems were resolved.

As far as I know the legal problems are no longer a problem so I vote that continuity be restored. So some character named Pandora caused this as a result of Flashpoint? Well, how about bring Superboy-Prime out of mothballs & have him punch a wall or something? After all, DC was never as good as they were in the good ol' days!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down